What do YOU normally use?

34 replies to this topic

#26 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

In my primary, I use micros since I rely on range and velocity most of the time. With my sidearms, I'm making my NF able to fire Megas 80' or more with extremely heavy mods (BBB spring addition, increased plunger draw, airtight seal, etc.) and I'm doing a six-shot turret and all to it. With my PS-800 (actually the repackaged Spiderman version), it fires Micros, although I'm still thinking about converting to Megas.

EDIT: They still sell Maxshots here and there up here in Canada.

Edited by deaddumpster, 25 May 2008 - 09:02 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#27 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

In my primary, I use micros since I rely on range and velocity most of the time. With my sidearms, I'm making my NF able to fire Megas 80' or more with extremely heavy mods (BBB spring addition, increased plunger draw, airtight seal, etc.) and I'm doing a six-shot turret and all to it. With my PS-800 (actually the repackaged Spiderman version), it fires Micros, although I'm still thinking about converting to Megas.

EDIT: They still sell Maxshots here and there up here in Canada.

What kind of ranges does your PS-800 get?
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#28 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

I really think anyone that says megas are more accurate than micros just can't make darts.

I can't remember where I read this, but any dart is accurate as long as you put in the right weight and center it correctly. Megas are less affected by wind because they're heavier, but they're not inherently more accurate than micros. Micros get more range because of their smaller mass and are perfectly accurate if you use the right barrel and weight. The only reason megas seem more accurate is because there's a larger margin of error when making them due to their heaviness.

Now that I'm decent at making darts (took me 3 years), I'm able to hit people consistently with a quadded 2k firing micros from 50+ feet. I'll never go back to megas, but they do make for some fun dodges because you can see them coming and they move slowly.
SexD Warves

#29 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

I really think anyone that says megas are more accurate than micros just can't make darts.

I can't remember where I read this, but any dart is accurate as long as you put in the right weight and center it correctly. Megas are less affected by wind because they're heavier, but they're not inherently more accurate than micros. Micros get more range because of their smaller mass and are perfectly accurate if you use the right barrel and weight. The only reason megas seem more accurate is because there's a larger margin of error when making them due to their heaviness.

Now that I'm decent at making darts (took me 3 years), I'm able to hit people consistently with a quadded 2k firing micros from 50+ feet. I'll never go back to megas, but they do make for some fun dodges because you can see them coming and they move slowly.

Micros are good and all, but Megas seem to have more of a push, and its weird, but I was range testing today with an old style NF and megas shot farther then micros, granted these were probably post war darts and messed up, but they fired a bit better
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#30 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

The heavier weight makes them more stable in flight. I was messing around with megas a while back, and I had a mega that was around 3/4" in length and was weighted with a 7/0 fishing weight. I shot it out of a ~5" barrel using my BBB and it flipped and spun in the air, but it still went straight.
I have never had one of my megas fly irregularly, but I've had a few of my micros that do. Though, like you said, it's probably the margin of error and quality of the dart.

#31 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

In my experience megas also take a BEATING. Il shoot 'em all day and they get a few tears but they still fly straight.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#32 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:28 AM

Pretty much stick to my 1/2"fbr stefans If Stock darts are handy I will use them. But most all of my guns are modded to fit my stefs best.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#33 nerfy the dawg

nerfy the dawg

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

i use micro stefans because they fly a lot faster with OMC'S PETG.

#34 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

The last post was in May. Generally, it's best to avoid posting in old topics (over a month old), unless you have something significant to add.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#35 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

I'm just curious as to what you use. I've heard that the East Coast sticks to megas, but I'm not sure.

Not sure where you heard that. We all use Micros.
Megas are marginally popular on the West Coast, but from what I've heard Micros are still primarily used.

Well, to actually add to the thread, the reason why Uber may have heard this is because until recently, it was true, at least for New Jersey. But then, until recently, New Jersey was nerf on the east coast. New Jersey nerfers only switched to micros in the last two years or so, largely because the Horsemen were not keen or refitting all of their guns.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users