Dart Sizes

What do YOU normally use?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:50 AM

I'm just curious as to what you use. I've heard that the East Coast sticks to megas, but I'm not sure. I use micros, and I'm pretty sure they're the most popular.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#2 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

I use megas. But from what I understand, the majority of people use micros.

Edited by nerfer75, 21 May 2008 - 05:57 AM.

---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

I mostly use micros, but in my MagStrikes (provided I have time to make them) I use nanos.

#4 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

My group uses primarily stock micros, with a few rockets thrown in (from pump-rocket launchers).

As soon as I get a few projects finished, we'll be adding felt-tipped nano stafans to the mix though!
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

I'm just curious as to what you use. I've heard that the East Coast sticks to megas, but I'm not sure.

Not sure where you heard that. We all use Micros.
Megas are marginally popular on the West Coast, but from what I've heard Micros are still primarily used.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

I use micro stefans, though I'd like to try nanos.

#7 Killim-spree

Killim-spree

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

I use micro and red ranger darts.

#8 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

I mainly use micros. But on my NF I use megas. That way my reload on my pistol is allot faster.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#9 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

I use micros, and as of late i've been using CapainSlug-style micros, they work a lot better in most of my guns

#10 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

I'm an east coaster and the only mega gun I've ever used with mega's was the rapid fire shotgun.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

This really should be a poll...
And I use both 50% of the time.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

I use Micros, taggers specifically. They can just be used in more guns. I don't really use stefans because I never go to wars, and my stefans suck anyway.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm just curious as to what you use. I've heard that the East Coast sticks to megas, but I'm not sure.

Not sure where you heard that. We all use Micros.
Megas are marginally popular on the West Coast, but from what I've heard Micros are still primarily used.

Think he probably heard it hear Falcon's Dart Index

But I am not sure...

And to answer your question I stick to micros. Get it??? :lol: Some micros have the little sticky rubber pad that sticks to your TV or windows..... :P

And yes, I do know how lame of a pun that was...

#14 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Well, I made a poll, but I accidentally deleted it. :P

My thought was that Tagger darts might be useful, as they can fit in micro-shooting barrels, but also ramrodded down mega barrels.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#15 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

Megas are more stable in flight, but get reduced range. I use megas in my crossbow, but micros pretty much everywhere else.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#16 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

In my Crossbow I use very carefully-made micro stefans with the hot glue formed into a tall dome, so the head is not just flat or a short dome. It makes them aerodynamic and they usually get 30-60 feet more than other flat-headed or short-domed stefans. For my Nitefinder(Mod Man BTW) I use the Red Ranger darts, and for any other gun than those two I just use regular, 3/0 fishing weight-weighted darts.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#17 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

Megas for sidearms, micros for everything else.
I recently switched over to my mega'd Nitefinder, and I'd never go back to my old micro'd one. The increased reliability in megas is worth every bit of range loss, plus you don't really need the extra range anyway.

#18 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

I've recently tried using megas in my Crossbow, and love the results. So much more accurate and less affected by wind. For sidearm's though, I use micros.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

I mainly use micros, as I have the perfect length micros for my longshot to feed correctly, and still be compatible with all my other guns. I also have wacky 9/16 darts (Frost king, go fuck yourself) and some odd diameter micros. 1/2 inch, but really flimsy and they all have a cut going length wise down them. Kinda useless so they are used for silencing.

Hm...... I have a ton of megas made up and can easily make some more. Maybe a nice spring gun that can shoot megas is in order.

On this subject, what would you suggest? I use to have a BBB (parted it for the spring that is currently residing in my longshot), but what other spring guns would you suggest for use with mega stefans?

Edited by BustaNinja, 24 May 2008 - 06:17 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#20 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

I mainly use micros, as I have the perfect length micros for my longshot to feed correctly, and still be compatible with all my other guns. I also have wacky 9/16 darts (Frost king, go fuck yourself) and some odd diameter micros. 1/2 inch, but really flimsy and they all have a cut going length wise down them. Kinda useless so they are used for silencing.

Hm...... I have a ton of megas made up and can easily make some more. Maybe a nice spring gun that can shoot megas is in order.

On this subject, what would you suggest? I use to have a BBB (parted it for the spring that is currently residing in my longshot), but what other spring guns would you suggest for use with mega stefans?

Maxshot.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

Maxshot.

I love answers like that. I think it may be time to pick up a maxshot, make it pretty, and add a useless but functional shoulder stock before SPANO.

Where can you normally find maxshots?

#22 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Maxshot.

I love answers like that. I think it may be time to pick up a maxshot, make it pretty, and add a useless but functional shoulder stock before SPANO.

Where can you normally find maxshots?

Fellow members, occasionaly eBay. They're not sold in stores.

Edited by nerfer75, 24 May 2008 - 09:58 PM.

---nerfer75---

#23 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

Why wasn't aware that megas were so good until now?
Not messed up by wind, accurate, easy to load, and no one told me?

I even get better ranges due to the accuracy. Before I was using my CPVC coupler modded Nite Finder, now, with a simple 2 inch piece of CPVC inside SCH40 PVC, I get amazing ranges and can load megas easy.

If this trend keeps up, I might be using megas in all my guns and just drop my longshot all together.

#24 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

I mainly use micros. I keep a mega barrel for my xbow on me though.

Edit: Hey Busta, the pump shotgun (1 shot, not doom-sayer) would be PERFECT for megas. The pt is HUGE.

Edited by P.C. III, 25 May 2008 - 07:50 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#25 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

I mainly use micros. I keep a mega barrel for my xbow on me though.

Edit: Hey Busta, the pump shotgun (1 shot, not doom-sayer) would be PERFECT for megas. The pt is HUGE.

Hm.... So I've heard. Thats, I think it may be time to purchase one and make a new stock and grip for it.... I love Megas now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users