Hornet As-6 Modification

cpvc barrel replacement.

33 replies to this topic

#26 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

does the barrel prying only require the screw driver, and does replacing the barrel take out the air restrictor?
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#27 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

Bullshit, 7th necro I've seen today. Go to goddamn hell.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#28 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

Enough with the backseat moderating.

ON TOPIC:
Alright, several people have tried this and it seems that nobody has had success. Has anybody been able to successfully repeat this process? I've tried this on several hornets and there is no way anything is happening.

EJ, have you been able to do this on more than one hornet?

All the Hornets that I've seen have the barrels fused to the tank and the restrictor plate is in the base of the barrel.

#29 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

I wasn't successful with this either. I just cut off the black pieces that the guy who did this mod mounted his CPVC into, kinda like what CS did with his Humpty Dumpty. That also removed the stock barrels, but left a tiny bit to still mount PETG in.

#30 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Could you get another picture of your screw driver prying off the stock barrels? i was going to try this, but that pic was kinda blurry
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#31 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

Ok I got my grandpa who has been a contruction worker since he was 11 take a hack at it and i still have no results....PS: im in a young family hes not that old. Oh, and do you need to shave the barrels down in order to do this mod?

Edited by Chris is cool, 13 February 2009 - 09:45 AM.

#32 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Aah I love the sweet smell of necro in the afternoon...check the dates guys
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#33 colesalt

colesalt

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

Im trying to do It but I cant get the barrels out it was gooped or something <_< .

#34 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

I know I am necroing my own topic, but this is a relevant post.

Apparently this mod does not work with anyone else!

I have gotten too many PM's asking me how I pulled off the barrels so easily, I must have gotten a Hornet with loose barrels, If there is anyone who has successfully followed my write up, please say so that I can get a count of if this mod actually works on other Hornets.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by ejrasmussen, 05 June 2010 - 03:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users