The Longspider Shotgun

A Highly Effective Longshot

37 replies to this topic

#26 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:57 AM

Very well done. I had started working on this exact integration before I moved and haven't found the time to pull all the pieces out of the boxes yet. Now I'll definately need to finish it.

**I thought toy guns HAD to have an orange tip to be sold on e-bay.**
A broken gun just means more parts for the other ones.

#27 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

Very well done. I had started working on this exact integration before I moved and haven't found the time to pull all the pieces out of the boxes yet. Now I'll definately need to finish it.

**I thought toy guns HAD to have an orange tip to be sold on e-bay.**

Then he can just put some orange etape around the tip. I dont really think ebay cares much for the orange tip thing though.

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Very nice.
Only complaints: All black paint, looks difficult/impossible to take apart, somewhat awkward secondary trigger placement
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

I love this. I looked at the video and almost pissed myself. I don't believe your ranges either. 100ft out of a recon, without a catapult is IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Unless you threw in a sm5k valve or something, and even then with the seal this thing has got..... Oh well. I love it, plain and simple. I was considering bidding, but it has gone too high for me.

EDIT: I would not take that thing in public, and would advise whoever you sell it to to do the same. I got pulled over by the cops for having a green camo ss1. Don't risk it.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 22 April 2008 - 11:59 AM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#30 stevenssk11

stevenssk11

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Thanks to those who gave props. Here are a few answers to questions:

-Internal Pics: I do not have internal pics and I cannot open it up due to both the internal tubing and the SMDTG being glued to both sides.

-Stefan Length: They are half the length of stock darts, whatever length that is

-Writeup: Won't be happening anytime soon because I simply don't have the time to go through and take all the necessary pictures and write out step-by-step instructions.

-Integrating Multiple SMDTGs: Only possible if you are comfortable with the tubing being outside the shell (just the four tubes was pushing it) and you would have to place the triggers in various places; not more than one will comfortably fit in the current location.

-Secondary trigger being uncomfortable: It is actually very comfortable, the hand wraps around it pretty normally but it is still easy to move the thumb to firing position.

Steven

#31 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

The detonators don't contain the air tanks. The air tanks are behind the barrels.

If they are then how can the detonators possibly work? The detonator has the three-step trigger that allows the air to go from the air tank to the barrels. If the air tank was behind the barrels then the trigger would also have to be connected to the air tanks. However the only connection from the detonator to the barrels is the air tubes. Furthermore, the air tank/detonator assembly is what has the OP valve, meaning it is what is containing the air pressure.

I've got a set of them; there's no way the air tanks could possibly be behind the barrels.

#32 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I have heard of how good these are to integrate but I have never seen a gun with one aside from the Integration into an lbb done by kbarker. Good job.

Edited by g-force, 22 April 2008 - 04:17 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#33 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

I have heard of how good these are to integrate but I have never seen a gun with one aside from the Integration into an lbb done by kbarker. Good job.

You've never seen Arachnophobia 2? I think alot of people have done SMDTG integrations, but they just don't post them.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#34 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Bravo well done! I'd not thought of mounting the SMDTG on top. usually the idea would be to locate it underneath like most other integrations. Good thinking outside the box. I agree the paint job lacks some but overall it looks nice. Maybe some accenting could do nicely to it.

Well, if you wanted to use a shotgun-style priming mechanism for a LS, there isn't much that can be integrated underneath.

Something I though about after seeing the videos: would it have been possible to instead put 1 SMDTG on either side of the LS, or maybe even use 3? With 1 blaster, it is kind of a defensive weapon. With more, it becomes useful when rushing an enemy position. Or at least it does in my head.

True. After watching the video I see how pointless the actual mod is. And seeing the LS in action was rather unimpressive. I have no doubt that this gun can shoot the 5ft accurately that the guy tested it at. however the ranges he claims with the mods that have been done are complete bullshit. so it makes it hard to take the thing seriously. Aesthetically it looks great. functionality wise. Its a lot of wasted effort for little effect.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#35 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

The detonators don't contain the air tanks. The air tanks are behind the barrels.

If they are then how can the detonators possibly work? The detonator has the three-step trigger that allows the air to go from the air tank to the barrels. If the air tank was behind the barrels then the trigger would also have to be connected to the air tanks. However the only connection from the detonator to the barrels is the air tubes. Furthermore, the air tank/detonator assembly is what has the OP valve, meaning it is what is containing the air pressure.

I've got a set of them; there's no way the air tanks could possibly be behind the barrels.

Buddy, you're wrong. More qualified people than you have checked it out.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#36 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Buddy, you're wrong. More qualified people than you have checked it out.

Alright after reading Kbarker's and another person's integration mods I did read somewhere some people mentioned they were behind the barrels. However I couldn't find internal pics or a thread better explaining its internals. Anyone remember the title of the thread?

Edit: Thanks jwasko, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Edited by min.tee, 22 April 2008 - 11:34 PM.

#37 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

I don't know that it's been talked about that much other than perhaps in Baghead's original thread on the blasters.

The system is very similar/identical to other semi-auto, multi-barrel designs (Hornet, Blastfire, Triple Strike, Big Salvo) as well as the SSPB, Secret Shot 2, and Lightnin' Blitz. Falcon gives an excellent explanation of how the valve works in this thread here.

Edited by jwasko, 22 April 2008 - 10:46 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#38 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

The trigger vents a mini-tank in the detonator, which causes a pressure drop in the tube connected to the real air tank behind the corresponding barrel. This sudden pressure drop opens the firing valves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users