MAX FIRE and BIOMECH how to work
Posted Image

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

As Usual 3DBBQ... you never fail to drop our Jaws to the floor with your homemades.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

And the paint jobs are great also. :D
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

I want a powerpipe... How do you make them?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Mmm, 好看女孩。好看枪。

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 February 2008 - 02:33 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

That Biomech spray paint job is beastly!
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Mmm, 很看女孩载很看枪。

Yeah, what he said.

For those who don't know (or haven't realized it until now), 3DBBQ is Taiwan's version of CaptainSlug. So don't let me hear anyone give me any gripes about his grammar skills (which in some cases are better than many of the NH members). Plus he makes killer weaponry, has been for 5+ years.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Absolutely insane. I waited to say something until I looked at all the posts but wow... Your guns are amazing. No doubt, on an artistic scale, your guns are unrivaled. Just purely amazing. I'd like to see some of those over here some day. Excellent work. It wasn't until the last post that I was sure these guns were real. Those pictures just made them even more unreal. I'd like to know how you made those. Just regular Photoshop or something else?

This post was talking about the artistry; not any gun or picture in particular. I stated that I wanted to wait to say "Good work" until the last post instead of spamming. The way the pictures looked (ie giant mosquito), it almost looked like it was drawn.

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 27 February 2008 - 10:47 AM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#9 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

Those guns make me happy in my pants, These guys were on the news a few years back.

Edited by joeyaglr444, 26 February 2008 - 06:40 PM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#10 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

It wasn't until the last post that I was sure these guns were real. Those pictures just made them even more unreal. I'd like to know how you made those. Just regular Photoshop or something else?

So confused... Was that just a terrible joke or did you actually mean it? 3DBBQ is absolutely 100% legit. He makes killer homemades, and makes us crap our pants by showing them off here. Here is his website.

More on topic, some people are Microsoft fan boys, some people are Sony fan boys... I'm a 3DBBQ fan boy... Excellent homemades and paint jobs. The Biomech is kinda scary.

Edited by penguin807, 26 February 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

He's asking how he made the line drawing explaining the inline clip system, not-so-much questioning 3DBBQ's legitimacy.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 February 2008 - 08:25 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

That drawing of the inline clip, fascinating: Is there any noticable loss of air pressure as compaired to lets say a cupler'ed barrel?
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#13 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

That drawing of the inline clip, fascinating: Is there any noticable loss of air pressure as compaired to lets say a cupler'ed barrel?

But if you think in terms of Power and ROF in 3D's guns... they're beastly in that area, the double valve system lets his guns be semi-auto, and there's more air volume in that little space than a 2k airtank... so that kind of clip would easily be reasonable, if anything there's the occasional Misfire, but I bet they're rare.

EDIT: Don't forget, Short Shit made the same thing ages ago...anyone remember the R.S.C.B.?

Edited by baghead, 26 February 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#14 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

I know what you are talking about baghead, but wasn't that 3DBBQ's idea though? I'm thinking of trying it out myself, I was wondering though, if the gun is tilted, isn't there a chance that the rounds will just fall into the T instead of into the barrel?

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

EDIT: Don't forget, Short Shit made the same thing ages ago...anyone remember the R.S.C.B.?

Actually Bags, it was indeed a conglomerative work that ShortShit published, based on ideas/ creations by Rawray7, ShortShit, CynicalSynapses, and 3DBBQ, hence the "Raw-Shit-Cynic-BBQ", or R.S.C.B. was born. Those were the days when people didn't care much about "credit" for who 'invented' something... so everyone got it. :lol:

I love the linear "clip" design... a teeny bit unwieldy, but it gave nice 6 shot firepower to my spare purple AT2k...until it's shell went bye-bye. I still have the clip, though.

-Piney-

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>

#16 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

Just so I'm clear on how it works, you tip it forward to advance the next dart?

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

#17 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, and loading can be done from the muzzle with a ram rod or from the rear if you have a removable cap or a very large valve.

#18 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:01 AM

Actually Bags, it was indeed a conglomerative work that ShortShit published, based on ideas/ creations by Rawray7, ShortShit, CynicalSynapses, and 3DBBQ, hence the "Raw-Shit-Cynic-BBQ", or R.S.C.B. was born. Those were the days when people didn't care much about "credit" for who 'invented' something... so everyone got it. :lol:

I love the linear "clip" design... a teeny bit unwieldy, but it gave nice 6 shot firepower to my spare purple AT2k...until it's shell went bye-bye. I still have the clip, though.

-Piney-

I see, the details of it's history predate my entrance to the NIC... so All I've ever known about it was what's posted in the write-up...which doesn't explain who or where...just the what and how.

anyways, I have to say, there reason there's a community became what it is is because of that former lack of interest in Credit... I hope we can see more serious Community Movements, I really like building off of others ideas and doing colabs, honestly, I think about half my recent projects have been made better because I work so closely with guys like Falcon and Cheese-Boy these days, you can always improve your own theories by studying the work of others, A couple of my guns wouldn't have even been thought up if someone hadn't done something first.

-Bags

#19 pwnchu

pwnchu

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:51 AM

Mmm, 很看女孩载很看枪。

It's supposed to be 好看 i thought?
(Also you can just use google translator. My Chinese sucks so I had to use it for a few of the words).

The Power Pipe looks like it would be fun to use.

#20 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

Do you mind if I ask where you bought those bike pumps, check valves and valves???
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#21 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

It's supposed to be 好看 i thought?

Yes, thank you.

#22 nmc2

nmc2

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

AMAZING

I love those paint jobs. Looking really professional, especially the camo on your first gun. I've seen some of your guns in the directory but didn't wanty to necro. So well done on this and previous guns! Keeping 'em coming!
E=mc^2
Energy=Mass x Speed of light in a vacuum (in celeritas) squared
N=mc^2
Nerf=Mass of air in tank x Speed of air release in a barrel squared

"the whole damn song is a pick up line"

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:45 AM

anyways, I have to say, there reason there's a community became what it is is because of that former lack of interest in Credit... I hope we can see more serious Community Movements, I really like building off of others ideas and doing colabs, honestly, I think about half my recent projects have been made better because I work so closely with guys like Falcon and Cheese-Boy these days, you can always improve your own theories by studying the work of others, A couple of my guns wouldn't have even been thought up if someone hadn't done something first.

-Bags

I can see it now.... a Cheesy-Pine-Bag-Falco-nator invention. Collaborative projects FTW. :lol:

-Piney-

#24 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

Thanx for explaining how that barrel system works i was kinda lost on it.

But where do you guys get the foam for your projectiles? I understand it's probably a local source but damn! it would be great to get foam like that.

#25 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

I hope we can see more serious Community Movements, I really like building off of others ideas and doing colabs, honestly, I think about half my recent projects have been made better because I work so closely with guys like Falcon and Cheese-Boy these days, you can always improve your own theories by studying the work of others, A couple of my guns wouldn't have even been thought up if someone hadn't done something first.

Totally. It's one of the reasons why I like to post my projects when they're just barely functional; someone always makes a comment or suggestion that improves it, or sends me in another direction. That's one of my favorite things about posting here, the creativity of the community.

Awwww, group hug!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users