Longshot Simple Brass Breech

Not working as planned.....

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arius

Arius

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

Ok, inspired by angels breech, I set out to make a breech of my own, that was brass. It's complete, and..... not exactly working.....

Pics soon to follow, but basically, it's a single piece of 17/32 brass that runs the full length, from the front of the plunger, to the front of the gun. it has the hole cut in it for the darts to enter the breech, and the old LS breech, (the orange one) has been dremeled to fit around the brass. this way, the brass is stationary, and when the breech is actuated, it lets in the dart, and then seals around the brass.

The problem is, when the trigger is pulled, no dart exits the barrel. i think there's a tight spot in the brass somewhere... ot something....

Any ideas?
Secrecy is a habit i'm trying to overcome....

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:47 AM

The problem is, when the trigger is pulled, no dart exits the barrel. i think there's a tight spot in the brass somewhere... ot something....

Any ideas?

It's likely getting hung up on the edge of your breech opening. You've made yours kind of inside-out from the normal working configuration so there's nothing in the bolt that's pushing the dart forward past the lip of the opening before you're firing.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 February 2008 - 12:59 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Arius

Arius

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:40 AM

That was my original thought, but even when I hnd load the dart, and push it into the barrel it self, still nothing.
Secrecy is a habit i'm trying to overcome....

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

check to make sure all the seals are completely airtight.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:45 AM

Are you using stock darts? If so maybe they're too large for the tube, (you could probably try greasing up the inside of the barrel) or maybe your tube is bent? If I read it right, then maybe the piece that seals the barrel is loose, and lets the air leak out?

Could you possibly post pictures?

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

The bolt is most likely not making a good seal over the brass. Try taking a piece of 9/16 and put in in its place.

No offence, but it would take alot of skill to get the bolt to fit around the brass perfectly, and probably couldnt be done by hand, the bes way to make a brass breech is to use too pieces of brass.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

Does it work like this? If so, I added the problem in the flash. If you don't have a flash player, you seriously need to get it. The internet is flash these days.
QUOTE(Groove @ Oct 30 2008, 08:58 AM) View Post
I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met.
I'm sorry, but you just lost any and all respect I had for you.
-Groove

Tits > Video Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users