Nerf Recon Spring Fix

A Somewhat Write-Up

57 replies to this topic

#51 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

K, I added the topic for the springs, its under trading, Recon Spring Replacement.

#52 DragonX

DragonX

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

First off thanks for the tip on the Code of Conduct. Second, if you could get a spring to fit though do you think it would work? I have a spring i think will fit so im just wondering if it would work in theory at least.

If you can find a spring that fits inside the case, yeah it will work. Good luck buying a fitting spring though, the ones I was looking at were $9 with minimum purchase of 10, so $90USD.

Do you think the Nerf Reactor spring will fit? I don't have a Reactor so I don't know how big the spring is. If you have a Reactor and/or know the spring size post please.

#53 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

First its is way too big and second it isn't strong at all. All it is used for is to move a new ball to the front of the inline clip of the reactor. The ball is fired by air pressure when you pump it.

#54 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

Well, I didn't have any speaker wire, but I just discovered that sch. 40 3/4" thin wall PVC is a perfect fit over the plunger tube.

I cut a 3/16" piece of it and it's very snug.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#55 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Oh yeah? Excellent. I'm gonna add this to the first post.

#56 debauch

debauch

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

the 'dead space' problem has been solved by Nerf. I have an older Recon, with the orange tube that comes out and says 'Armed' on it, like the one pictured. I purchased another one a few weeks later, and that orange tube is now half the length, and the plunger goes right to the end.

#57 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

the 'dead space' problem has been solved by Nerf. I have an older Recon, with the orange tube that comes out and says 'Armed' on it, like the one pictured. I purchased another one a few weeks later, and that orange tube is now half the length, and the plunger goes right to the end.

Ummm.... in page two of this thread Captain Slug found that there was NO dead space in the Recon plunger. Rather that the plunger tube had extra material on the end for cosmetic or structural purposes.

So you necroed an, oh, 5 month old topic to add absolutely nothing.

A bit of nothing that was pushed into nothing-ness on the 2nd page of this thread.

Maybe we'll meet again in about 9,999 days, or maybe not, because I'm no admin.

If we don't meet again in 9,999 days I suggest you READ the C.O.C. and carefully read through a topic before posting, for your sake.

-Ta10n

Primary: LS Tactical (http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12500)
Secondary: Clipped Maverick

Future Projects:

Doing something with my gutted SM5K

#58 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

Nah. No ban.

It was a legitimate post, and although he didn't read through to see Sluggy's observation, his comment about the protruding tube being 1/2 the length of the older Recon's "ARMED" tube is a noteworthy observation (I didn't know that myself).

I or any other admin would have dropped a 9999 hammer if it were something on the order of "O dood, thts' KEWL! I w@nt on of tho53 th!ngz" as the necro.

But it is indeed a necro, and seeing that there's probably no other useful additional comments to make, it will be put to sleep.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users