Photo

Cannon

12 replies to this topic

#1 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hey ya'll. I'm just wonderin' if anyone else has made a nerf cannon? Mine exactly isn't a "nerf" cannon, because it shoots a two inch shell. So ya.. this was just a topic starter, but it would be nice to see what people have been experimenting with. I'll get a picture of my cannon up A.S.A.P.
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#2 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

The closest thing I've ever got to a cannon is my hand cannon, which is a titan airtank hooked up to a bike pump with a handle. It was rad, and I miss it dearly.

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

Anyone remember this?
That's a pretty hardcore Nerf Cannon.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

I've thought about and definitely wanted to build something like a cannon, or at the least an over-the-shoulder large round launcher, but haven't been able to because of ammo experiment reasons. I haven't found terribly good shells... I'm thinking pipe insulation inside 1u1/2" PVC, and then stefans inside the pipe insulation so they'll explode outward one the shell exits the PVC... but I haven't found insulation that'll fit inside 1u1/2" PVC yet.
As usual with me, I like battle effectiveness. Obviously it can't be effective without good ammo. : o`

Can't wait to see yours. *waits...*
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

Anyone remember this?
That's a pretty hardcore Nerf Cannon.

Pics are down.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#6 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Why yes, of course,

Posted Image

It all started when I saw these massive 2 inch ball valves at Lowes, I had to try it, and thus a spud gun was born. A Big Blast missile fits pretty nicley in the barrel and about 8 nerf balls are also impressive.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#7 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

That is like exactly what I have been thinking about making. I have been thinking about making a nerf cannonm for about a month, but I haven't gotten around to making a concept drawing, its all up here. (picture me pointing towards my temple) But my design is a bit differnt, but in otherwards the same. What are its ranges? I wanna build one! ;) and, also, does it shoot with commpressed air, or do you do a bike pump type thing?

#8 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

Cornman, A bike pump is compressed air . . .

But if you meant do I use a bike pump or and air compressor, the answer would be both. A bike pump gets the Nerf and foam items flying pretty good but for heavy projectiles I go for the compressor.

Ranges: depends on barrel length, PSI, projectile, ect. The longest yet has been a weighted mini vortex football, which flew about 50 feet short of a block, at 80 PSI.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#9 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

Thats basiclly the same thing paintballers use. They fire vortex footballs, their used to kill tanks during scenario games. I made and posted something similar in the nerf intercontinental missle thread.

Try filling that 2 inch barrel with half inch barrels, then fill them with stefans, that would be sweet.
In the words of colonel Sanders, I'm to drunk to chase this chicken.

#10 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

Flaming Hilt, great minds must think alike, because i did the same thing, except my barrel on the cannon is 2", not 1 1/2.

#11 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

Cornman, A bike pump is compressed air . . .

But if you meant do I use a bike pump or and air compressor, the answer would be both. A bike pump gets the Nerf and foam items flying pretty good but for heavy projectiles I go for the compressor.

Ranges: depends on barrel length, PSI, projectile, ect. The longest yet has been a weighted mini vortex football, which flew about 50 feet short of a block, at 80 PSI.

Sorry. (Der duh der!) :blush: I should have editted my post. I meant the little compressed air canisters that you can buy at the hardware stores. Like angrscottishkid said, like the things that paintballers use. Kinda like a propane tank, only air. I think you get the picture so i'll shut up now. :mellow:

#12 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

Flaming Hilt, great minds must think alike, because i did the same thing, except my barrel on the cannon is 2", not 1 1/2.

Awesome. Let's get some pics up then, shall we?

I mean please. : o)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#13 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

Tommorrow, after school, i might be able to get pics up... not sure, but I hope so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users