Abp5k

Actuated Breech Pistol II

160 replies to this topic

#126 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Planning to throw that longshot scope on it? I think a red dot scope would function better though, but seeing a ls scope on that would be hilarious...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#127 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

Is it hard to access for maintenance, as in, if your in the middle of a war, and an o-ring bursts, can you easily take it apart to fix it?

Great work Slug.
Nuckin' Futz

#128 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

Planning to throw that longshot scope on it? I think a red dot scope would function better though, but seeing a ls scope on that would be hilarious...

I think the LS scope looks like crap. It makes it harder to aim than without.
Also, He already has a set of wonderful iron sights. Lasers can be difficult to see during the day.

This thing looks awesome.
I like the lock for the folding stock. Is it spring-loaded or does it snap into place somehow?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#129 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

I think the LS scope looks like crap. It makes it harder to aim than without.
Also, He already has a set of wonderful iron sights. Lasers can be difficult to see during the day.

I said it would be hilarious. If Captain-Slug had the money to make that, can't he buy a 75 buck laser pointer (very visible in light) to mount on all his primaries? I'm just saying that a 35 cent ls scope on a $100+ nerf gun would be so dang funny...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#130 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Note:

Red Dot Scope does not equal Laser Sight/Pointer

Also note:

That said, it can still be hard to see the red dot in a red dot scope if it's sunny and the light is coming in at the wrong angle.

Final Note:

I prefer good, old fashioned, open iron sights to anything else, but am forced to admit that a red dot (with no magnification) is a fairly close second. But hey, that's just me.

Consider yourselves informed, and have a nice day. :)

Edited by jwasko, 16 October 2007 - 10:28 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#131 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

I was going to get the body panels cut earlier, but I was feeling crappy and fell asleep at 8 pm.

Iron sights > Scope
I'm not going to be adding any rails to the top of the gun because there's nothing I want to mount of there that isn't already built in.

The only reason one would need a scope is for magnification to extreme distances, or for light amplification. Neither situation applies here since I can't reach beyond 100 feet. And most of the targets I will be shooting will be close range, so a ghost ring sight works best and is easiest to line up. Having it made out of transparent plastic also means that I can line it up, but it doesn't obstruct my field of view at all.
I'll take a picture through the sights later.

I like the lock for the folding stock. Is it spring-loaded or does it snap into place somehow?

It locks into the rear position using a quick-release pin.
Posted Image

Is it hard to access for maintenance, as in, if your in the middle of a war, and an o-ring bursts, can you easily take it apart to fix it?

I had to do this earlier today to clean the inside of the valve. It takes only a few minutes and a single screwdriver to completely dissect any assembly section of the gun. All of the parts are held together with #6-32 screws.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#132 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

Dear Jesus, I guess your bringing that to Hell with you. Things will be very interesting indeed.
Amazing work.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#133 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

I got the side covers made. I may not bother with the top covers.
Posted Image
And while recording the video this afternoon the gun had a serious breakage. The barrel/breech, which is just a length of PETG tubing, snapped completely. Part of the cause is that I've been using my first attempt at an extended longshot magazine, which has been kind of sticky when advancing. It didn't get the dart up to its correct position in time so the barrel slammed down on it.

I probably won't be able to fix it until Monday. I'm probably going to remake the shoe and barrel/breech out of aluminum. That way I can weld the two together. I should have just resigned myself to doing it that way to begin with.
We'll see how it works out. I will still be bringing it to Hell Before Halloween, but it probably won't be operational.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 October 2007 - 05:07 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#134 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

Now there's a lesson for future semi-automatic LS magazine fed homemade builders:
"Shit happens when you have a extended Longshot magazine with a sticky follower."

Too bad, but it sounds like a simple fix, eh? Couldn't you go with the quick fix for now and replace the barrel/breach and use a better working magazine?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#135 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

A quick fix is not possible. But I'll bring a spare barrel and on Friday me and FA24 can try to get it adhered with fishin' glue or something.
Posted Image
The only ideal option is to make a new one. And I can combine my other longshot magazines more cleanly sometime next week. Meanwhile I'll go back to two 6-rd magazines.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 October 2007 - 06:03 PM.

#136 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

Oh well, I thought it was something that you could unscrew and fit a new one in.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#137 kingshane50

kingshane50

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Wowzerz, did anyone see where my jaw fell? That's mad crazy CS.
QUOTE(DarkInfection @ Nov 5 2007, 05:32 PM) View Post

"The eye, is the groin of the face."

#138 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

Oh well, I thought it was something that you could unscrew and fit a new one in.

Well, The barrel has to be glued onto the shoe piece. I managed to get the broken barrel off so a new one can be glued on, but that will only be a temporary fix since I now know that the PETG can't take the abuse.
The shoe is held onto the air cylinder by two hex nuts.

#139 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:19 PM

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were asian.

#140 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

I don't think he is.

#141 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:29 PM

I don't think he is.

Watch his videos. He's whiter than eminem.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#142 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:32 PM

HOLY SHIT! That thing is fucking amazing. I did notice that it originally was supposed to be a pistol, but it kind of turned into a carbine. Will you be selling these, and if so, for how much?

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#143 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:43 PM

I doubt he will be selling these. Unless for an astronomical price.

#144 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:53 PM

Do you think in the future it would be possible to create kits with all the parts in it?

They would be crazy expensive. It's $65 in supplies and thye take a good deal of time to make.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#145 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

Do you think in the future it would be possible to create kits with all the parts in it?

They would be crazy expensive. It's $65 in supplies and thye take a good deal of time to make.

$65! I thought it would be a bit more...

#146 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

I'm not asian, I'm not going to be selling these, and $85 is what it would cost me to buy the materials to make another one.

#147 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

I don't think he is.

I know he's not asian, anyone whos seen his videos can see that!

Anyways, its more of a smartness kind o' thing. Like smart as an asian.

Edited by el swifto, 19 October 2007 - 08:34 PM.

#148 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

I don't think he is.

I know he's not asian, anyone whos seen his videos can see that!

So what your trying to say is that it was a funny, useless, and racist post.
Captain_Slug, that is amazing. So now all you have left to do is to put the casing on it and paint it? Are you still going to use the black and red paintjob?

#149 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

Why are you going to paint it? It looks really awesome without being painted (all clear parts).

#150 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

This gun is currently in a bag in the hands of some random Greyhound passenger that went through the Toronto Greyhound Terminal. Despite me notifying them an hour in advance of the bus getting there that my bag got left on the bus I have no idea where it is and neither does the Greyhound customer service there. Primarily because they didn't try to catch the bus before it got the the terminal and offloaded the passengers.
My address is on the outside and inside of the bag so I'm stuck waiting for said mystery passenger to notice that they have the wrong bag.

For future trips I need some extremely ugly luggage that there's no way in hell could be misidentified.

Actually, I'm a purple-people-eater.
The only generalization I subscribe to is that stupidity crosses all borders of race, ethnicity, and nationality. And different cultures value different kinds of creativity. But I'm not representative of the culture that surrounds me, and there are plenty of people around the world in similar stances within their native culture.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users