Photo

Spider Man 3 Gun Mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

When I bought this gun I didn't have high hopes for it. Stock it wouldn't even fire half the time and when it did the darts had no accuracy and would just kind of float about 10' before diving sharply into the ground. It was pretty expensive ($25) and I thought if it didn't look like it had any mod potential I'd just return it anyway, so I grabbed it. It has a badass paintjob...

Posted Image

...And you even get a free missile launcher that you stomp on to fire two big missiles!

Posted Image

Here's a video to show just how bad it was stock (notice that it takes thirty seconds just to get all eitht darts to shoot because it jammed every other shot):

Posted Image

Now, to fix it. The first step, obviously, was to open it.

Posted Image

And a close-up on the NF-sized plunger tube:

Posted Image

The turret comes right out; here's a picture for reference of how the rotation mech fits together:

Posted Image

Now take the cover off the turret by unscrewing the four screws in the back piece.

Posted Image

And be sure to get this screw out:

Posted Image

Now to get rid of the restrictors. They're just like the ones in a 2k, so you can rip the spring out through the hole in the back of the turret:

Posted Image

Make the turret look more like this.

Posted Image

You can chop off the barrels if you want to add PVC like I did, or you can leave them on there. If you decide to leave them on you can reassemble the gun and just stick some barrels in the stock ones after you get rid of the restrictors. I chopped off the barrels to add PVC:

Posted Image

I made my barrels 5" long. That's way too long for this gun, but I didn't realize that until they were already secured on the turret.

Posted Image

To attach the PVC to the turret I cut some 1" sections of CPVC:

Posted Image

And hammered them into the backs of the PVC barrels, leaving about 1/4 to 1/3" sticking out.

Posted Image

I shoved the CPVC into the barrel stubs (there's a constriction at the back of each barrel that the CPVC fits perfectly into) and glued the barrels into place:

Posted Image

You're basically done now. If you're using micro Stefans you can use whatever barrels you like. I used Crayolas because everything else I had was too tight:

Posted Image

I ran a bead of hot glue around the top of each Crayola and stuck it in the ends of the PVC barrels, making sure they didn't go too far down in. I tried to make them roughly flush with the top of the PVC:

Posted Image

And here's the finished product (with some unnecessary shit stripped off).

Posted Image

I haven't range tested it, but it gets decent ranges and is good enough for indoor wars. I wouldn't recommend it for outdoors unless you have a damn powerful sidearm. I love this gun; it's heavy, big and feels nice because it's got some rubber on the pump and handle. The accuracy's all right too and of course it's incredibly fast because of the auto-rotating barrels. The jamming problem seems to be just about fixed. It still does it every once in a while but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

This is a nice gun and I'm sure someone who didn't halfass the mod with hot glue and Crayolas could squeeze 60' out of it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes high-ROF guns. I'm going to call it the SMG for Spider Man Gun.
SexD Warves

#2 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Very very well thought out mod/ write- up. I think you ar the first to buy this gun NerfMonkey. Very very nice. I'm looking forward to what the range is.

EDIT: Damn, I had A LOT of spelling errors.

Edited by nerfboi, 12 April 2007 - 07:16 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#3 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

Nice mod. I've seen this but didn't want to get. I may change my mind.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#4 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

Very clean. Nice Write up.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users