Kaf06-01, In Michigan...

renamed...I have reasons...

104 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

Well, I was talking to Flaming Hilt earlier about a war here in Western Mighigan, specifically Kentwood which is just southeast of Grand Rapids. After a short couple of minutes, I decided to see if I could host something. Well, I can. Here's the post about it:

Where: KPS Transportation Department Headquarters (already got the go-ahead to use it). This is directly off of M-6, as in, take the Kalamazoo Avenue exit, turn North on Kalamazoo Ave., turn Right on 60th street, turn Right on Valley Lane, follow signs. We will let you in past the gates. If you come from the south on M-6, you will pass by it on your right side. Yes, that big building with all of the yellow rectangles and acres of parking lot. I'll post a map sometime...don't worry, it's in the back of my mind, along with the rest of my mind...er...

Why: Because I can. Why not?

When: Tuesday, June 13th and Wednesday, June 14th

What: A war, with some indoors and mostly outdoors, with a couple acres of asphalt and couple square miles of grassland/slight forestation.

Who: The KAF clan (soon to be renamed), hosting, with anyone else interested.

So far, more than likely:
  • Flaming Hilt +1
  • 3M (4-5)
  • Team Chicago (3-4)
can probably come.

Now, on to everything important...

Basic Rules Which Affect What is Brought:
  • Eye protection REQUIRED. Any glasses used for shooting, like any Daisy or Uvex glasses, will work. All WileyX, ESS, Blackhawk, and Hatch goggles can also be used. Anti-fog is recommended for goggles (liquid dish soap before the start of a day works well, without water). There are some shooting glasses which come with mirrored, tinted lenses for less than $20. They will work, just look for the safety rating and/or test them out before hand.
  • Homemades are ALLOWED. Inquire for anything non-traditional (combustion, etc.)
  • There will be hard surface running and maybe grasslands/woods/MUD, so bring shoes and boots. There are nine (9) large lockers for people to use on site. These can be locked (duh) and can hold a size 14 boot for sure. I dunno about larger than 15 though...
  • This is MICHIGAN. The temperature can go from 40-50 degrees in the morning to over 90 degrees mid-afternoon. There is a place to keep your stuff and another place to change.
  • Darts WILL get lost quite often.
  • No pyrotechnic devices, now including smoke grenades. There is diesel tanks and pumps on site for the busses. THAT IS WHY IT COULD BE VERY BAD.
  • Aiming aids (scopes, lasers) are ALLOWED, except for Class 4 laser and above devices. Check device for a plate or sticker which has the class. Most dollar store lasers ar Class 2-3.
  • Armor/Shields are ALLOWED, however, they are POINTLESS since homemades are legal.
  • We have a FULL complement of power tools and whatnot. We can completely rebuild any blaster.
  • If unsure of a blaster/homemade, bring it. Chances are, you can use it.
  • No metallic or sharp/pointed tips on Stefans. Keep their weight reasonable as well.
  • Radios ("walkie-talkies") are ALLOWED.
What is posted above is strictly because you have time to plan, so...Some seem strict (eye protection) because there are certain liability issues with homemades. There will be more rules not related to what you bring when you arrive. These may be on a handout/panphlet/notecard/whiteboard.

KAF Notes:
  • Pistols are you best fwend in da whole, wide, wowld.
  • If unsure of anything at any time during the game, ask ME, not anyone else. I have the answers and will not make fun of you.
  • Having a gun which shoots over 100 ft. is a very good thing.
Now on to the facilites...

The Industrial Center. There is a fleet of busses parked against overhangings. The height of the main building (garage) is about thirty-five feet or more. We will no longer be able to go on top of the buildings. Motion detecting alarms, and maybe a camera, will more than likely be present. The whole place takes up a total of 3-4 fenced acres. Outside of the ten foot, barbed wire topped fences is 200+ acres of grassland. From on top of the main building, all of it can be seen until a certain point (500+ yards) is reached. Then a few square miles are hidden. Outside of the fence there is also an organic waste dump with many trees, concrete, etc. A Verizon Wireless? cell phone tower is also on site. DO NOT SHOOT AT THE TOWER!

Onsite facilities/equipment include a pop machine, two fridges, two (maybe more) microwaves, an oven w/ stove (I think there's an oven...), a bathroom w/ shower, nine lockers (about a foot wide and more than a foot deep) and extra-large toilet stall, another bathroom, many tables and chairs, a sofa, TV, a few computers, first aid equipment (lots of this), basically there's a lot of stuff inside. Outside in the garage there's a drill press, metal cutting bandsaw, table saw, many air tools, many automotive hand tools, etc. The computers will be in a room similar to an office. It has a sliding window (like a gas station) built in. That office will be closed up and off-limits, however. Off-site food and whatnot within a mile of the location includes: Meijer Supercenter, Target, McDonalds, Subway, Nothing But Noodles, Family Fare Spartan Foods Store, Uno's Italian Eatery (great desserts), Walgreens, Rite Aid, Panera Bread, Logan's Roadhouse (good burgers), Bob Evan's, Apsuperiore's, and some stuff I missed. Within 20 minutes is a Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, and some specialty plumbing place which sells EVERYTHING related to PVC, plumbing, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. There are also a few automotive places within about ten minutes, too.

Other stuff...

We might be able to use one of the rather large vans, with two seats (driver passenger), a passenger side sliding door, and two rear doors which can hold anything 14' by 5' within it, all doors closed.

Pictures...

This is only the first and second installments. I will get more pics over spring break. A few of these pictures (*ahem*FORRESTATION) were because I was bored, with a camera...

Parking Lot
Fuel Island and Open Lot
Van
Some Forrestation
Swamp by the Woods
More Woods
Field
Field/Busses/Cell Phone Tower
More Field/Busses
Another Van/Garage Door shot
Far Lot
Road from Far Gate to Valley Lane
Random Pic
All the above in one place

Edit: Did I mention that this thread has had so many name changes that I can't remember the first one?
Actually this whole post has had so many edits...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 15 May 2006 - 04:27 AM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

WoOt! So you got the facilities, huh? Can't wait.

I still think we need to bolt a turret inside of that van.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

Well the person who granted us access to use it for a weekend loved the idea and thought it was fine. I then brought up the van and he said "We'll see." Same thing with the golf cart. If there are no athletic events that weekend, then we might have it.

I've got all spring break (next week) to make some stuff, but I don't think I'd finish a Nerf Gat in that time. The van, just liek the practice bomb, is pretty gimicky in my humble opinion. It would be neat though...I laugh at the people wh are like "A van? How do you fit a van in there well?!" Just wait for the pictures. I might take them tomorrow instead of Wednesday.

Got dates/times? We might be able to use it at night. So far, it is for sure we can use the place in the summer on a weekend. Anything beyond that is case-specific.

Edit: removed link...it no work...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 28 March 2006 - 06:00 PM.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

I'm just going to drive up with my dad on one of our weekends together. Anytime after school lets out (June 8th or 9th) works great. I'd love to do a day and a night. Certainly wouldn't mind a two-day, since I'm only in MI for so long anyways. Whatever works best for everybody else.

EVERYBODY ELSE!!!
*nudge.*
You know you live in Michigan... and... you know you want to nerf with us...
*nudge nudge.*

Don't overwork yourself over spring break, Primevil. Somebody, somewhere, did invent weekends. ;o)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

This has possibilities...I'm right across the water from you. The drive wouldn't be bad going around, or the Lake Express ferry could dump me in Muskegon, about an hour away. I'll check and see what schedules look like for June and July.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

I won't overwork myself. Seriously, I've tracked a single trait back five generations. Everytime someone stopped working too hard, they went mentally ill. One was bipolar, but the rest became narcissists. I have yet to display major traits of any of these. I guess my treatment works, so far. They all had heart disease, as well...hmm...umm...oh shit.

My weekends are mostly taken up by writing stuff for English. Shit, I have a thing due Wednesday I still need to find three sources for. Damn Lang. Lit. classes.

Detroit is only like three hours away. There are places to stay overnight downtown, or camp out in the parking lot. That is, unless someone would want to run around all day just to drive three hours at night...

Well, I hope more people can come...I got the O.K. to have up to 16 people.

The busses are school busses, so yes, you can roll under them. Just wait for the pictures.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your heritage issues. All I know is I have good teeth; I guess I'm too young to hear about the bad stuff yet.

Wait... we can roll under the busses... but we can't shoot at them? That'd be kind of cheap. I mean, you can't stand (much less lie underneath) by something nobody is allowed to shoot.

If it was a two-day thing, I'd prolly just bring a tent or sleep in the car (this falls under "camp out in the parking lot," I believe). I'd love to do a two-day, but there should definitely be something both at day and at night.

I can e-mail my dad and see if any of his co-worker's sons are willing to go. He tells me stories, so I know they're into nerf. Yes/no/maybe?
V

#8 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Umm...Sure to the co-worker's kint.

I edited that awhile ago. Make sure you don't shoot them purposefully, as in, "Hey look! A giant block of cheese! Pop..." That's what I meant/mean. However, someone takes advantage of that, and no going by the busses. Otherwise, stay clear of the windows. The bodywork is not a problem. The windows are at/above head level, so...
Just wait for the official rule list when you get there. It will be on a whiteboard or bulletin board in the cafeteria/lounge.

Hell, I heard about the crazy thing when I was 13. Since then (2 yrs.), I have asked around fr personality traits/mannerisms and developed some profiles and mental phsycees, or however it's spelled. It's nice to know my future and how I will be on meds for my last fourty to fifty years of life...

It can be a two day thing with night in there if everyone wants. There are wicked bright lights, however, turned on by optical sensors. If we stuck an artificial sun in front of it on the roof...yeah, right...I think there's a seperate breaker for the exterior lighting. I'd just have to find it.

Car sleep is generally camping out. However, if this were a night thing, how would you sleep? half on/half off shifts? I see that failing catastrophically from experience. That's the second time I've said that exact phrase today, about the same thing, two. Wow...
I modified a picture....which is the map from mapquest, which is now a busted link, so here it is. Notice, it is not to scale with much around it. Anyway, there is plenty of space to use a tent if we were to do an overnight thing. The fields, however, are outside of the fence. There are gates which lead to both of those. So far, I have keys to them; I would be stuck out there if we were to do something overnight. These keys are for weird locks with three pin sets. They can not be lent out, no matter what, to anyone but one member of the KAF besides me. That is only because I have known them since before I started Nerfing.

There is still a few months to figure out if you can go, people, however, I would like to get a good estimate by May. Wow, that is a really long time away. Well, plenty of time for people to find some good deals and make some stuff. That gives me time to set up security cameras, if I feel like it... :ph34r:

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 27 March 2006 - 07:35 PM.

#9 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

*BUMP*

Added pics, so I felt like doubleposting. That and there is some thing that I removed which require explanations. The roof isn't as great as it was back when I was ten. Also, if you weigh more than a hundred pounds it'll be detrimental to the roof for continued use. However, I still can throw a camera up there if I wanted too. There better places, however...
I get out June 9th, so any weekend from June 16th 'til July 16th is good. There might be a few weekdays (after the 12th) in there which could be used, but I'm not sure yet...

Oh yeah, Flaming Hilt, those other people better not be dumbasses, asshats, any name with the terms "shit" "ass" or "fuck" in it...I don't think I could stand more of those types of people after school is out...

We have a high chance of getting our hands on a van...man they are fun to drive, unfortunetly only myself and the "watcher of the facility" can drive it, me being unlikely to do so...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 28 March 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#10 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

I may be able to come and bring my dad and some friends. I would not most likely spend the night but I could do a whole day. I am not going to bother unless anyone else signs up to come but save me a spot.

Oh ya also I am open pretty much open any weekend.

#11 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

Consider your slot saved until further information is received...

---==---==---==---

Anyone can be brought as long as they don't act worse than me. Just try and keep ages above 14, since they should be mature enough to know what is an intelligent decision and what is not...We're not exactly desperate for people here, and four good players is way better than twenty "t3h Sh!t5"...This is now the official whatsitcall from the other people here, both in charge and supplying ideas on the homefront.

---==---==---==---

So far, the only thing rock solid is the place and that it will be between the 16th of June and the 16th of July. Something overnight is just a side right now, not the corned beef on the middle of the plate. Some people could stay if they want/need to. If that is the case, then the one person I was talking to from my school (he's still within a part of the KAF) will be there for the night. He might not be there during the day, depending on how the turnout ends up being.

There is a good number of places beyond that parking lot with garage and some cover. I will be adding semi-portable premade structures once school is out. This is because the place appeared bare, or so one of my clan had pointed out...he is now helping to build these things which provide people with cover. Well, I guess he was right. There isn't much in the way of cover in the parking lots...a few old vans and whatnot. I think I might haul in something from out behind...what do you people like to use for cover? I need something to do after the long spring break. The practice bomb is just a few dozen simple and complex circuits, nothing I can't finish in an hour or two.

Another thing to mention: when posting if you can in fact come, state the number of your party, favorite music/genre, possible dates, and favorite game style(s). Why? Because nothing is stopping you. I'll add to the list I have somewhere...

Hey Flaming Hilt, if no one posts a date by the time your deadline comes about, just stick something out here that works for you. That will then become the official date.

I didn't really proofread this post, so I hope it turns out O.K...

#12 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

I might be able to come and CX I read the post this time all of them.

P.S. I'm 13 but am mature for my age.

Edited by sistermol, 28 March 2006 - 10:19 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#13 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

I will be at home on leave from June 12-16ish, but I have no Idea if I'll be able to actually drive 3 hours to make it, so don't plan around me. However I would make an effort to get there provided I am at home for that time.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

Oh man I would love to go. That looks like a sweet place to nerf/camp out. Unfortunatley I am still busy battling off polar bears for the dominance of Canada.

I think Viper is in the Kalamazoo area. He might be interested.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#15 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:40 AM

Team Chicago may be in, but we have to check our school schedule for the summer.

Our decision will be in closer to June, but most likely we could go at the end of June/ early July.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#16 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:41 AM

Nice to know...All of it. So the turnout will be nice. I'll see what I can do about extra stuff, like maybe more people.

Hey sistermol, no problem. I was talking about non-NH people. See, I'm picky like that. Pretty much, if you haven't been booted from NH (although you are having lazical* problems), and have many posts, that means something.

Well, today is 29-3. The only reason why it is planned so early is because...well...better earlier than later. I'm thinking that this will probably end up being later in June, seeing how everyone is posting.

Yo Veggie, if you can come, it looks as if you will fit in perfectly with the hosting clan...
I take it you have to drive from Detroit or something? The 16th is the third weekend of the month I believe, so...it all depends on everyone else. I have a feeling you probably won't be able to make it. Chances are, there will be another next year at a different area or the same facility.

Polar bears are fun to get mad...
Kalamazoo? I could practically shoot him from here.

*La-zic-al: being lazy in reading, writing, or...I'll finish this definition later...
I just came up with it. I highly doubt it is a real word.

Edit: I was looking at a calendar and was thinking, perhaps we could try for the weekend of 17.3 Sat. and 18.3 Sun. or 24.3 Sat. and 25.3 Sun.? We should probably avoid 1.4 Sat. and 2.4 Sun. due to the 4th of July, unless people want to waste a holiday on Nerf...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 29 March 2006 - 07:35 AM.

#17 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:42 AM

If I am comeing I am most likely bringing 3-4 people including me and my dad. We are all older than 13 and perfectly capable of handeling this so dont worry.

#18 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:31 AM

I don't know if anyone could tell from that first set of pictures, aybe you will all see later, but that place is a little skimpy on barriers, cover, etc. So, as I went through my backyard field, I scrounged up what I could sacrifice and found enough materials to build one decent hemi-base. It can be moved by two people if we need to put it someplace else for a different game or something, but otherwise I'll have to see what's in the grassland behind the place we're going to and what is not going to be used in the garage.

If you all want, I'm gonna price out some sheetboards (plywood, particleboard, chipboard) and see what I can get after a Spring break's worth of field fees. The fee is only for littering hobbies, such as airsoft. You guys don't have to pay anything to Nerf anywhere where I host.

Prepare for many more pictures tonight.

Edit: In the half hour it took me to find bolts, drill holes, and throw this together, I could've done absolutely none of my homework. So, tehre. It's not done; I still need to add some side walls. Right now the front stands 4 feet and some change tall. It is a bit less than 8 feet wide, really closer to 6. I'm going to shorten those ten foot side poles down to two-three feet above the top of the front board so that there could be some sort of forehead protect attached.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 29 March 2006 - 02:05 PM.

#19 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

Wo0T...more pics and more good news!

Okay, first off, yes, we can go ANYWHERE outside, inluding in the busses, both KPS and ISD busses, we can use all red vans (there's two or three) as cover (which will be changing every match maybe), there are three (maybe more) 55gal. drums for cover (empty, can move with one-two peolple), a few other things I forgot...Oh yeah, it is for sure that we can use it at night if need be. However, there are quite a few lights so I'm gonna find out if we can leave the perimeter lights on and turn the canopy lights off. That will save the district a pretty penny and will allow us to need some sort of aid in the night. However, if you really want the lights (whoever can stay at night), we can leave them on.

Pretty much, we can do pretty much anything. However, there will be a trip one of those weekends. If we end up being there that weekend (I'll find out tomorrow), there will be a signal that we need to report to the garage or the staging area so that no one is taken on the trip if they are hiding in a bus, get run over by being under a bus, or get run over by running out behind a bus. That signal will probably be a bus horn, although we're not sure yet. It might be a general call over a certain two-way radio carried by a person on each team, who can then relay it throughout the rest of their team's seperate frequency. If you have a dual-channel radio, then have one set to your team's and one set to general. However, that is only if it falls on the same weekend.

#20 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:17 PM

Triple post!!111!1!!
Yeah, that was pointless...

Okay, this will be on the days of 24.6.06 and 25.6.06, with the night of 24.3.06 thrown in for good measure. If anyone has any complaints, MAKE THEM NOW.

Yo FH, is that enough time to get a good deal?

Anything else new which I should say: there are a lot of birds. Since I am paid to eliminate them the most efficiently as possible without the use of a firearm, go right ahead and kill one or two if you can; however, you have to clean up the mess.

That reminds me, I get to break in by A-Bolt for the summer. Fun fun. Expen$ive ammo...

Well, so far a flag is done, but it is only on 3/8" dowel rod. That is going to be replaced with some 3" O.D. galvanized fencepost. The other flag is waiting to see the first flag so that it knows what color to turn. Oh yeah, if you can run, carrying the flag in one hand and shoot with the other, you'd have to be quite talented. These flags will be weighing close to twenty or more pounds. I'll get the official weight later. That's just what I overheard...They're meant to disarm the bearer so as to imply the importance of teamwork.

I think I have more to say, but I'm not sure...Oh yeah, no using the roof, we can hide in/under/on the busses, just don't purposefully shoot them or else they will shoot you. I'm almost done with a few portable bunkers. I had to finish my backyard field first so as to bring in some moolah to get more equipment.

I guess one last thing: come for one, both, night, whatever. I'd like to know now, even though I can pretty much piece it together.

Structured confirmation posts please! Follow this rubric:

1.) Coming/need different day, post new date
2.) Number of people in your party
3.) Slots you are coming (ex. Sat & Sat night, no Sunday)
4.) favorite music genre
5.) a comment/question, or two, three, marked for ease of answering.

Remember, if too many members want to come, first responders get dibs. However, if you feel that some of the people you were thinking about bringing were t3h Sh!t5, drop that number so that more members can come. We want a turnout, but are limited. I will try and make that limit as high as I can in the following week to come.

Edit: FH brought something to my attention. Apparently this thing is in June, not March...

Edit2: Add:
6.) preferred position (i.e. defense, offense), favorite weapon you use, and preferred person type (i.e. rusher/attacker, stealth, etc.)
7.) Whether or not you party has radios (two-ways, etc. Real things with multiple channels/frequencies. We'll have to figure out what is what when we get together, but these come in handy since there is such a large area...)

Example of #6 for me would be:
6.) Offensive, singled, suppressed AT3k, stealth.
I'll build teams off that for the time being, just to mix it up. That and it makes you think. FH, edit you post for #'s 6 and 7.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 01 April 2006 - 11:52 PM.

#21 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:30 PM

24.3.06 and 25.3.06

You mean 24.6.06, right? Because March 24th was about 7 days ago. I can't go back in time -- but June, however, does works for me.

Oh yeah, if you can run, carrying the flag in one hand and shoot with the other, you'd have to be quite talented.

Remind me to make a flag holder. Also, my strap-on At2k may actually come in handy for once.... I like the notion, though. Eliminates show-offs.

we can hide in/under/on the busses, just don't purposefully shoot them or else they will shoot you.

Because these busses have computerized turrets, right? :D

1.) Coming both days and staying the night (would love to have a night war!).
2.) Myself and my dad.
3.) See #1.
4.) Uh. Hm. Good dance music, I guessd... and... the unsexual parts of Blink 182... Jimmy Eat World... Snow Patrol...
5.) Comment/Question: Refreshments or bring your own? :D
6.) Defense, but I need to take the occasional offense (usually under orders) in order not to get bored. I will prolly use FAR (if I ever finish)/NF/VS2k (Velcro-to-arm, singled At2k), but I'm going to bring a single-shot long range as well and may make a back holster for it.
7.) Prolly not.

Usually under orders.

Which is probably why I'm always on defense. It's pretty much a guaranteed order: "Defend at all costs." If somebody wants me to give back-up for an offensive, though, I can do that too. Otherwise, I'm not too good on the front lines.

EDIT: By the way, the meeting needs a name besides "KAF" or "MMNO" (MidW. MI Nerf Outing). But... I have no suggestions at this time.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 04 April 2006 - 09:55 PM.

V

#22 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

Yes, June. I guess that since the 6 is on top of the 3 on the num_pad, well...

It will only add to my show-off-abilities, but I'm not sure about anyone else's...Actually it will make teams look really good.

A bus' turret is called my foot. Tha's pretty computer-controlled for me. Or a shop press, whatever is more handy at the time...

4.) Good dance music, okay...Carl Orff it is. Also, Rob Zombie will already be present. Since I really don't have much of a clue for those bands you listed, I'll take my sis' 207-CD collection, bound to have something.

5.) There's a Meijer within a mile. There's a very fast way to get there, it's called on the way if you take M-6 from wherever you are going. Look for the big building on the left if coming from the south/east (Ann Arbor, etc.). If coming from the north/west (Muskegon, etc.), you'll want to take the exit which makes you go south onto Kalamazoo Ave. Then you can jsut make a few lane changes with a hundred feet to get into the left turn lane onto MarketPlace Dr. Take that to the Meijer parking lot and find an entrance. Do not get side-tracked by Staples, Target, or GameStop. There's also a barber's shop or seomthing and a few other places there.

Everyone use FH's post as a great example how to do this. It makes it easier for me...

#23 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:54 PM

A bus' turret is called my foot. Tha's pretty computer-controlled for me. Or a shop press, whatever is more handy at the time...

:D :lol:

:lol:

Oh, Meijer. How I miss you (I used to live in MI). :D
I was just kidding. I know to bring my own food... but... if you want to hire a caterer... :D

Hey, if it's going overnight, maybe we should have a campfire or something... homemade s'mores... burnt Jiffypops...
V

#24 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:22 AM

1.) Count me in
2.) Just me
3.) Saturday, Saturday Night, most of Sunday (can stay until early afternoon or so)
4.) Not country or rap. Dance music/industrial works for me. I'll load up my iPod.
5.) How do we want to plan food?
6.) Not sure, as this will be my first major war...but my gaming for other stuff tends towards defense. I'll most likely be using a SNAP-1/AT2k combo, run-and-gun sort of thing, but I'll be open to see how things work out.
7.) Seeing as how I'm coming by myself, any radio I'd bring would most likely be playing music, unless directed otherwise.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#25 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

EDIT: Oops.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 02 April 2006 - 12:32 AM.

V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users