Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Where: KPS Transportation Department Headquarters (already got the go-ahead to use it). This is directly off of M-6, as in, take the Kalamazoo Avenue exit, turn North on Kalamazoo Ave., turn Right on 60th street, turn Right on Valley Lane, follow signs. We will let you in past the gates. If you come from the south on M-6, you will pass by it on your right side. Yes, that big building with all of the yellow rectangles and acres of parking lot. I'll post a map sometime...don't worry, it's in the back of my mind, along with the rest of my mind...er...
Why: Because I can. Why not?
When: Tuesday, June 13th and Wednesday, June 14th
What: A war, with some indoors and mostly outdoors, with a couple acres of asphalt and couple square miles of grassland/slight forestation.
Who: The KAF clan (soon to be renamed), hosting, with anyone else interested.
So far, more than likely:
- Flaming Hilt +1
- 3M (4-5)
- Team Chicago (3-4)
Now, on to everything important...
Basic Rules Which Affect What is Brought:
- Eye protection REQUIRED. Any glasses used for shooting, like any Daisy or Uvex glasses, will work. All WileyX, ESS, Blackhawk, and Hatch goggles can also be used. Anti-fog is recommended for goggles (liquid dish soap before the start of a day works well, without water). There are some shooting glasses which come with mirrored, tinted lenses for less than $20. They will work, just look for the safety rating and/or test them out before hand.
- Homemades are ALLOWED. Inquire for anything non-traditional (combustion, etc.)
- There will be hard surface running and maybe grasslands/woods/MUD, so bring shoes and boots. There are nine (9) large lockers for people to use on site. These can be locked (duh) and can hold a size 14 boot for sure. I dunno about larger than 15 though...
- This is MICHIGAN. The temperature can go from 40-50 degrees in the morning to over 90 degrees mid-afternoon. There is a place to keep your stuff and another place to change.
- Darts WILL get lost quite often.
- No pyrotechnic devices, now including smoke grenades. There is diesel tanks and pumps on site for the busses. THAT IS WHY IT COULD BE VERY BAD.
- Aiming aids (scopes, lasers) are ALLOWED, except for Class 4 laser and above devices. Check device for a plate or sticker which has the class. Most dollar store lasers ar Class 2-3.
- Armor/Shields are ALLOWED, however, they are POINTLESS since homemades are legal.
- We have a FULL complement of power tools and whatnot. We can completely rebuild any blaster.
- If unsure of a blaster/homemade, bring it. Chances are, you can use it.
- No metallic or sharp/pointed tips on Stefans. Keep their weight reasonable as well.
- Radios ("walkie-talkies") are ALLOWED.
- Pistols are you best fwend in da whole, wide, wowld.
- If unsure of anything at any time during the game, ask ME, not anyone else. I have the answers and will not make fun of you.
- Having a gun which shoots over 100 ft. is a very good thing.
The Industrial Center. There is a fleet of busses parked against overhangings. The height of the main building (garage) is about thirty-five feet or more. We will no longer be able to go on top of the buildings. Motion detecting alarms, and maybe a camera, will more than likely be present. The whole place takes up a total of 3-4 fenced acres. Outside of the ten foot, barbed wire topped fences is 200+ acres of grassland. From on top of the main building, all of it can be seen until a certain point (500+ yards) is reached. Then a few square miles are hidden. Outside of the fence there is also an organic waste dump with many trees, concrete, etc. A Verizon Wireless? cell phone tower is also on site. DO NOT SHOOT AT THE TOWER!
Onsite facilities/equipment include a pop machine, two fridges, two (maybe more) microwaves, an oven w/ stove (I think there's an oven...), a bathroom w/ shower, nine lockers (about a foot wide and more than a foot deep) and extra-large toilet stall, another bathroom, many tables and chairs, a sofa, TV, a few computers, first aid equipment (lots of this), basically there's a lot of stuff inside. Outside in the garage there's a drill press, metal cutting bandsaw, table saw, many air tools, many automotive hand tools, etc. The computers will be in a room similar to an office. It has a sliding window (like a gas station) built in. That office will be closed up and off-limits, however. Off-site food and whatnot within a mile of the location includes: Meijer Supercenter, Target, McDonalds, Subway, Nothing But Noodles, Family Fare Spartan Foods Store, Uno's Italian Eatery (great desserts), Walgreens, Rite Aid, Panera Bread, Logan's Roadhouse (good burgers), Bob Evan's, Apsuperiore's, and some stuff I missed. Within 20 minutes is a Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, and some specialty plumbing place which sells EVERYTHING related to PVC, plumbing, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. There are also a few automotive places within about ten minutes, too.
We might be able to use one of the rather large vans, with two seats (driver passenger), a passenger side sliding door, and two rear doors which can hold anything 14' by 5' within it, all doors closed.
This is only the first and second installments. I will get more pics over spring break. A few of these pictures (*ahem*FORRESTATION) were because I was bored, with a camera...
Fuel Island and Open Lot
Swamp by the Woods
Field/Busses/Cell Phone Tower
Another Van/Garage Door shot
Road from Far Gate to Valley Lane
All the above in one place
Edit: Did I mention that this thread has had so many name changes that I can't remember the first one?
Actually this whole post has had so many edits...
Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 15 May 2006 - 04:27 AM.