My Dead Sexy Nitefinder.

"The Red Dragon"

39 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

Well here it is. Air restrictors removed, brass barrelled 5 or 6", spring stretched, light removed, epoxy reinforcement on screw bearing plastic nubs, Epoxy reinforcment on bottom of plunger head, Epoxy reinforcement dome on top of plunger head (covering screw, kinda looks like a stefan dome) and last but certainly not least a slingshot replacement band. Also a sweet painjob of a red shell, a silver barrell and plunger tube, a black trigger. I left the pulling/cocking mechanism orange. because I didnt want the paint to catch when I pull the trigger.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ranges are good:

1st shot: 98 feet
2nd shot: 103 feet
3rd shot: 96 feet.

These may seem unrealistic keep in mind I stand 6'4 and shoot this thing at eye level with an arm that is perfectly parallel to the floor. The darts fell in grass so there was maybe an inch or two of dart skip. Well either way I hope you guys like the mod.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 18 December 2005 - 12:26 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:15 PM

Wow, that's almost as Powerful as my Singled AT2K. I guess that is because of the Slingshot Band.

EDIT: Oh yeah, looks good too, good job.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 15 December 2005 - 09:16 PM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#3 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

Dead Sexy is an Understatement...if i were you, i woulda left the front of the grip blackthough...other than that, the thing is perfect
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:14 PM

Beautiful...

You might want to trim down the excess surgical tubing on the ends, and I agree with Enigma about the front grip. Other than that, it's just an awesome gun!

Although I have to say the background has me more impressed -_-
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#5 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

Cosmetic: Beautiful. I love the incredibly clean paintjob that brings out the contrast between the red, black, and silver. However, >100 feet for a NF? Even with those huge-ass bands (which you should trim to size and DEFINITELY remove when not using them, cause they'll either lose their stretch or break your plunger rod/tube) I don't think a NF has the air output to do that. Are those ranges angled or flat? Try measuring again with a tape measure/ wheel revolver.
-cs

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

I stand 6'4 and shoot this thing at eye level with an arm that is perfectly parallel to the floor.

Yeah thats right I quoted myself. I guess I need to when some people don't read my posts properly. I'm not saying I can hit a guy in the chest from 103 feet. I could however hit his shoe.

Speaking of shoes this is how I measure. I wear a size 12 or 13 all depending on the brand. Since my shoes are 1 foot or slightly longer in length I put one foot in front of the other all the way to the dart. 103 steps of putting heel to toe everytime. If I am a 13"shoe, then the range should be even longer. I don't blame you guys for doubting but try the mod and see how it works for you.

Also, The only reason I havent cut the band ends is because I want to see how the Nitefinder will hold up against the pressure. If it is too much then I will losen them. That is why I need the extra slack for now. The bands have been on the gun for over 2 weeks now and I see no wear of the plunger grip where the bands are tied.

I did not want to keep the handle black because it's not black its grey. The other reason is because I wanted to alter as much as possible when it comes to paint.

I left out a couple other mods I did. Added more lube, Took off the 0-ring and added a thin strip of e-tape around the ring then put back the O-ring and added a second O ring.

I would also like to mention that this gun is super airtight. When I hold my hand blocking the barrell exit and fire the gun, the plunger pin comes about half way down and stops. I listen carefully and no air comes out at all. When I release my hand the built up air pressure comes out and the plunger pin pushes in all in. How many people out there have Nite finders that can do that. Not to sound cocky I am just very proud of this gun.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#7 headwound

headwound

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:20 AM

wow, thats damned impressive, I was pretty pround of the airtightedness in my NF, but it's not that good. I too put an extra O-ring in mine (dont see that too often good to see I wasnt the only one) guess I'll have to go back and maybe add some etape to it as well. nice gun.

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

Um...I guess I am the only one who thinks they are ugly looking. They are all one color, nothing special. They dont even look evenly painted. I'm not even going to get into the ranges as I am tired of those arguments.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 December 2005 - 01:07 AM.

#9 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:18 AM

I take it you keep it behind the bar for when braws get tensy? I like it and all, but I wouldn't have done it to an old NF unless you have more perfectly intacted ones. These are surprisingly getting rare, and they happen to be the best version of the NF out there.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:16 AM

but I wouldn't have done it to an old NF unless you have more perfectly intacted ones.

I am assuming you mean the nite-finder ex-3. This is not one of them. It is one from the N-strike line and you can see that by the rail system on the top.

What do you mean about other Nitefinders that are more intact?

NinjZ, what do you mean by "They are all one color, nothing special. They dont even look evenly painted." Are you saying my Nitefinder sucks is ugly not evenly painted or are you saying nitefinders in general.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#11 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

Just to clear something up, the NEW NF is the EX-3, from the N-STRIKE line. It sports a rail for attacjing it to a titan as v-1. It is yellow, blue, grey, and orange.
The OLD NF is just called the NF, is blue black, orange, and silver, and does NOT have a rail for attachment to a titan.
-cs

#12 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

NinjZ, what do you mean by "They are all one color, nothing special. They dont even look evenly painted." Are you saying my Nitefinder sucks is ugly not evenly painted or are you saying nitefinders in general.

I'm saying yours are nothing special. They are badly painted.

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

Then by all means Ninjz show me a Nite-finder with a better paintjob made by your hands. I never said my paint job was the best but to say it looks like they are badly painted is just downright ignorant.

The only place that was missed with red was the top of the battery cover. You can barely see it but if you zoom in you can.

As for one color take a look Ninjz there are 4 colors: red,silver,black and orange. For the record the two pics are of the same Nite-finder. What do you consider badly painted? Its not like the silver paint is globbing onto the red parts. It is not like the paint had formed little droplets that hardened.

For the record Rose's Judgement is the best Nite-finder paintjob I have ever seen. Other than that I havent seen another Nite-finder that looks better cosmetically than mine.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 16 December 2005 - 09:46 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#14 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

If nothing else your nite finder definitely gets "street cred" as it as an alcoholic and a heroin addict. But the paint job has a somewhat plain design (mostly like colors) but it is well executed. I really can't see where your "unevenly painted" comment is coming from Ninjz.

Edited by euphemism, 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM.

#15 darkmills

darkmills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

Then by all means Ninjz show me a Nite-finder with a better paintjob made by your hands. I never said my paint job was the best but to say it looks like they are badly painted is just downright ignorant.

I agree with forsaken angel, the paint job isn't bad at all. NinjZ, you should come up with a better painted nightfinder before you go around bashing others. You may just be having a bad day, but you should pull that cat out of your ass.

Nothin' personal...

Edited by darkmills, 16 December 2005 - 10:32 PM.

I'M THE MAJORITY OF THE MINORITY FOLKS!!!

#16 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

I think you both should leave each other alone. In my opinion, I don't think that you should have painted it a colour that was originally on the gun. Maybe pure blue, but the orange/red I don't like.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#17 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

I'm with Ninjz on this one. You may have painted it well but overall it's just too red. You need more black or silver on the shell itself.

And fine here's my painted nightfinder:

Posted Image

Please Note: There are no screws in it and that is why you see blue.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 16 December 2005 - 11:27 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#18 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

First of all, you kids need to be able to tell the difference between an honest criticism/opinion and a flaming. I was far from flaming. I also do not need to provide a better paintjob done by me, because that is not the topic at hand. You posted your NFs to be talked about, thus you are going to get criticism on your work. Everyone is saying they are "uber" and "sexual" when they are not. Darkshrip has posted a VERY good example of what I consider a great paintjob.

Ok, I see 3 colors in those pictures. One side is all red...wich is plain and boring. The other side is all orangey...wich is also plain and boring. The silver doesnt match and the extra bits of tubing hanging off from your banding make it look sloppy. I see no detailing. It's just two halves painted different colors with a silver barrel and plunger tube.

I have no cats up my ass, and I am not "bashing" anything. He wanted opinions, so I gave him one. I am a 4th year art student in college, criticising such as this is part of the deal. You kids need to stop adding tone to TEXT on a screen and stop taking so much offence from somthing thats not even there.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 December 2005 - 11:38 PM.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

Dark shrimp that is a well painted nightfinder. I now step down to 3rd in best Nf paint jobs category and pass the 2nd place trophy to you. Take a bow!

Ninjz, sorry if I took your point so offensivley. It just didnt seem to make sense that someone could critique it so harshly but either way that is your opinion and I shall live with it. I am however really curious what a 4th year art student can do to a nite-finder. (meant in a positive way <_< )

Also both sides are red its just the second pic has bad lighting.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#20 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

your night finder looks amazing and great. I have a night finder and i did the longer barrel thing and im still not getting the range i want only about 65-70". Any hints. <_<
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#21 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

Actually, most people's NFs (meaning about everyone you talk to) get about 70', if you're very lucky. Mine did 65' and rarely 70'. I don't know what Angel is smoking, but don't worry if your NF doesn't do 100, I think it's pretty close to impossible.
SexD Warves

#22 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:11 PM

Smoking sheisha my good man! An amazing Persian,Arabic,Egyptian past time. That is where I think things up. Try modding yours like I did mine.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#23 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:37 PM

I want to compliment Angel on the mod. Not just the cosmetic (though it is simple, it is well and smoothly done), but the general mod. I don't want to doubt the ranges he gets, because I haven't seen anyone else using surgical tubing, and I know it has a better elasticity (anyone who knows spring physics don't ask me what I mean by "better"). They use it in sling-shots, so I assume it has good credibility.

#24 N3maN

N3maN

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

I think it is a good looking mod. I dont think the style in which it is painted should be criticized as it is purely personal preference. As long as the paint job is well excecuted, it should not really be a factor in the consideration of a good or bad mod.

I seem to remember ragnorocks' old Night Finder mod getting ranges of about 100' with a petg barrel and a bigger spring. I think that with the extra sling-shot elastic on it, it is definately possible for this NF to get ranged like that.
GW man, keep it up
N3

Edit: Sorry, i was well wrong. Just checked ragnorocks mod, and he was getting ranges of 60' with stock darts. I reckon he'd hit 70/80 with stefans. I didnt read the whole mod, so im not sure if he put a bigger spring in it or not. I still reckon that with those bands on it 100' is possible.

Edited by N3maN, 18 December 2005 - 06:32 AM.

#25 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:10 AM

Also a sweet painjob of a red shell, a silver barrell and plunger tube, a black trigger. I left the trigger orange.

Sorry, but I have been bugging to post this: "Typo?".
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users