17 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:46 AM

The clip

Overview:

This will make an Air Tech 2000 have a 3-round breech magazine, and be capable of ranges up to 120’. All steps have been thoroughly tested.

Difficulty:

3 out of 5

Materials:

-Air Tech 2000
-12” ½” of CPVC, cut into 4” and 8”
-1 ½” CPVC coupler
-4” of PVC, cut into 1”, 1”, and 2”
-A Dremel multi-tool
-Sandpaper
-2 pieces of 2”x1.6”x~1mm balsa wood
-Hot glue gun with plenty of hot glue
-A Philips screwdriver
-Black Sharpie
-Hammer
-Pliers

Procedure:

AT2K:
Take apart the Air Tech 200. Slide out the pump, and plug the overpressure release valve with hot glue. Set the shaft aside to dry.
Take all of the screws out of the Liquitron Power gauge and empty the liquid. Screw it back together, making sure that the rubber seal is in place.
See those little pieces that make sure the front of the air tank doesn’t wiggle on each side of the case? Take your pliers and rip them off.
Take the turret out. Do whatever you want with it; it’s not needed.
Keep your gun apart.

Action:
Take the 4” piece of CPVC and hot glue the coupler onto it. Allow to dry.
Take the 2” piece of PVC and using the largest Dremel sanding bit, sand out the inside so that a piece of ½” CPVC can slide through easily.
Posted Image
Switch the sanding bit on the Dremel to the circular hard disc.
Posted Image
Using that, cut the PVC in half lengthwise so you end up with 2 pieces that are 2” long. Set one aside.
Posted Image
Hot glue the other piece to the CPVC coupler, making sure that there is no glue in the way of a piece of CPVC fitting into the coupler. Allow to dry.
Take one of the 1” pieces of ½” PVC and, switching Dremel bits back to the large sanding one, sand out the inside so that ½” CPVC could fit easily through.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Attach this to the end of the 2” piece that is attached to the coupler. To ensure straightness, slide the 8” piece of CPVC through so that it attaches to the coupler, NOT GETTING ANY GLUE ON IT. Allow to dry.
Posted Image
At the end of the PVC, take the sharpie and draw a line around the CPVC that marks where it meets the end of the PVC. Remove the CPVC.
Posted Image
Take your remaining 1” piece of PVC and hammer it onto the ½” CPVC until it reaches the black sharpie mark. (When you put the CPVC back into the action, it should still make a seal with the coupler.)

Your action is complete.

The Magazine:

Take the CPVC out of the action and set it aside.
Posted Image
Take your two pieces of 2”x1.6”x~1mm balsa wood and hot glue them straight between the coupler and 1” PVC. Allow to dry.
Take the piece of 2” PVC that you previously Dremeled and cut in half lengthwise, and switch Dremel bits back to the cutting-disc. Cut the piece in half so that you end up with two 1” pieces of PVC that are cut in half.
Posted Image
Glue one to the balsa wood and coupler, and the other to the balsa wood and PVC. Allow to dry.
Turn the action sideways so that one piece of balsa wood is down and the other is up; both are horizontal.
Take your hot glue gun and cover the balsa wood with hot glue. Allow to dry.
Flip the action and repeat with the other side of the balsa wood. Allow to dry.

Completion:

Take the airtank of your AT2K and cover this part with hot glue.
Posted Image
Slide the end of the action with 2” of CPVC onto it, and smother the connection with more hot glue, making sure that the barrel is pointing STRAIGHT. Allow to dry.
Put the airtank/pump/trigger+ action back into the AT2K case.
Screw the case together.
Point the gun so that the barrel is facing you.
See the part right above the pump handle where the CPVC and AT2K touch?
Align the barrel and smother that part with hot glue. Allow to dry STRAIGHT.

You are done! To work:
Pull the 8” barrel forward.
Load three 2” darts into the action (it is advisable to make some type of removable cap to cover the action to darts don’t fall our when you move).
Pull the 8” barrel back, chambering a dart.
Pump, fire.
Pull the 8” barrel forward then back.
Pump, fire.
Repeat.

**A Sinfil Production***

-SInnER-

Edited by Sinfil, 20 November 2005 - 07:46 AM.

Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:26 PM

This probably sounds like a very dumb question, but what is a coupler in terms of nerf guns and what is their purpose?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

I believe he is referring to a PVC coupler, which can be found at any local plumbing/hardware store. They are for joining PVC peices, or making things nest better, or whatever. Bolt_sniper uses them in pretty much all of his guns.

#4 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:17 PM

Most couplers hold a barrel IE. CPVC securly in place so no air exscapes but isn't too tight allowing it to be pulled out. This increases ROF by makinging it possible to use longer barrels without a ramrod.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#5 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:49 AM

Difficulty:

3 out of 5

Hmm... That doesn't really help us in the way of how difficult it would actually be. Would 1 be removing the air restrictors from a Nite Finder and 5 be building the FAR or what? This look pretty simple and I do understand that the difficulty is 'Moderate' but I want to know what you are basing the rating system on. Sorry to sound like a noob and thanks in advance.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#6 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:20 AM

I was using a 1/2" CPVC coupler, sorry for not specifying, so that it would seal with the barrel. Couplers provide a seal that you can also detach the barrel from without using adhesives or sealants. DTReaper is correct.

I was basing the 3 out of 5 rating on the difficulty and time it took me to make it, based aginst most of my other modifications on guns, The simple-est being something like swapping out a barrel, and the hardest building an FAR that worked perfectly the first time.

It's a great modification. I would urge you to do it if you can.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#7 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:42 PM

Could you take a picture of it attached to the at2k?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#8 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

Umm Maybe I got the wrong impression but.... Doesn't the At2K start with 4 barrels.... then you reduced it to a single 3 shot clip? How is that good? Granted I'm probably being foolish and confused.
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

#9 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:46 AM

Umm Maybe I got the wrong impression but.... Doesn't the At2K start with 4 barrels.... then you reduced it to a single 3 shot clip? How is that good? Granted I'm probably being foolish and confused.

That didn't make sence to me either. I would make it a 5 shot, instead of a 3 shot.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#10 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:18 AM

3 people have said that.

Reasons:

Faster reload! All you have to do is open the clip, pull the barrel, forward, and drop three darts in to reload. With a quad AT2K, you have to take out a ramrod and shove the darts down the four barrels.

Accuracy: Since there is only one barrel, the darts alwasy shoot along the same path. Your four barrels on a quad AT2K probably aren't aligned perfectly.

And if you still don't agree with my three round clip, I made a five round, detachable clip add on. So, 8>4, right?

I'll get pictures and schtuff tomorrow.

Posted Image

Here's the gun with halves of a PVC coupler glued to the top of the clip.

Posted Image

Inside of the clip, it's pretty crappy, since I had to use spare parts and such.

To make:

Cut a 1/2" PVC coupler in half both ways. Take 2.5" of 1/2" PVC and cut it in half lengthwise. Find some fitting balsa wood, and glue it to the sides. Make an endcap. It's pretty simple.

Hope it helps.

-SInnER-

Edited by Sinfil, 28 November 2005 - 06:48 PM.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#11 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

Well that's definitely cool!

I was wondering, do you think this concept would be able to be scaled to smaller size? I've got a LnL at home that is dying for an SOCOM upgrade.

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#12 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:14 PM

Mmmm maybe..You could make the breech smaller...and the barrel.

Probably. It's just a basic breech with a clip. Puting it on a LnL might work. Try it and see.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#13 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:25 PM

from what i understand you pull back a section and that chambers a dart, does this jam often?
Wah!

#14 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:20 PM

You pull the barrel forward, which allows a dart to drop into the chamber, and then back, chambering the dart and sealing the barrel.

It doesn't jam very often, never if you use a 3-round clip, but on 5 or more, the last two darts will most likely jam.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#15 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

Yeah to me it would seem that when the dart fell in, others would follow.
But it if doesn't then its all good.
Wah!

#16 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

THey all fall down, and when you pull the CPVC back, it pushes one back, chambering it, and the rest up. The weight of the darts on top of each other keep them straight...except for the last two.

Any other questions?

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#17 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:51 AM

Mmmm maybe..You could make the breech smaller...and the barrel.

It's tough enough to make a breech barrel, this one is impressively compact as the barrel slides instead of an arm for loading; getting it smaller that would be near impossible.

I really might have to look into this for a different version of my 4B. It's so much surdier than a coathanger and weld epoxy on brass. Nice work.

P.S.

Point the gun so that the barrel is facing you.

Interesting instructions. Might you need a disclaimer?

Edited by PissBacon, 03 December 2005 - 03:57 AM.

#18 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

You could cut down the barrel, and cut down the 2" of (whole) PVC to upt o a 1/2". You could also shorten the bottomof hte breech to 1-1/2", for 1-1/2" darts.

Stuff like that.

Okay, sure:

***DISCLAIMER***
If you jurt yourself being amazingly stupid like pointed a primed AT2K at your head and shoot it, to bad. Stop rolling on the floor screaming in pain and get over it.

-SInnER-

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users