Photo

Add a trigger to the Xploders Xblaster 200

9 replies to this topic

#1 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

As you all know, the Xploders line has a major downside: NO TRIGGERS!!!
I devoted my time today to make a trigger for the Xblaster 200.

Materials:
1. Hot glue/ hot glue gun

2. Dremel w/ cutting disk

3. Zip ties

4. Xblaster 200

5. Sharpie

6. Drill/ Drill bits

7. Nail

8. Plastic Clothespin

9. Masking/electrical tape

10. Pliers

11. Angle bracket

Stock parts:

1. 1/2" PVC Endcap

2. 1/2" PVC 90 or 1/2" PVC TEE

3. Two small blaster screws (Mine are Tek-4 screws)

4. 1/2" PVC 45

5. Some 1/2" PVC

6. Drill/ Drill bit

Instructions:

First, get your Xblaster 200: (Excuse my rscb setup at the moment)

Posted Image

Here are the internals you NEED (Take note of the plunger rod):

Posted Image

Take this pin out of the plunger head:

Posted Image

Take the plunger apart (take note of the order of things):

Posted Image

Take the orange disc that was behind the white tube in front of the white tube. It should look like this:

Posted Image

Wrap take around the back of the white tube. Not too much, just enough to keep the spring behind it:

Posted Image

Fit the Plunger tube and Plunger rod back into the shell and fully draw the plunger rod. Then make a mark where it comes out of the shell:

Posted Image

Line up the mark you made with the back of the shell and make a mark where the orange disc we moved sits on the plunger tube:

Posted Image

Make a line along the bottom of the plunger tube and make a mark all the way around the plunger tube using your previous mark:

Posted Image

Drill in the center of the +:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Take your shell and cut an area like this out of it:

Posted Image

It should look like this:

Posted Image

Make a clothespin trigger like so: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=20296
(Adjust the nail as needed) I didn't use epoxy putty to fill it, it isn't holding back a [k26]. I filled it with hot glue after I put the nail in.

Glue it to the Plunger tube:

Posted Image

Put the plunger into the plunger tube:

Posted Image

Assemble the blaster with your choice of barrel system and enjoy your trigger! I am using a 3 streamline/6 stefan RSCB.

Posted Image

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING A STOCK.

First, gather the materials:

Posted Image

Take the endcap, mark, and drill the holes like this (drill bit size depends on the screw size)

Posted Image

Drill corresponding holes in the back of the Xblaster:

Posted Image

Screw the endcap onto the back of the blaster:

Posted Image

Lay out the rest of the materials like so. (you can use a 1/2" 90 instead of the 1/2" tee)

Posted Image

Fit them all together. Glue is optional.

Posted Image

Attach it to the endcap:

Posted Image

Now it is all done.

MONEY SHOT:

Posted Image

I hope this helps all of you with these blasters and were pissed they didn't have a trigger.

With a 12 stefan hopper with a homemade wye (http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=9&t=3317) and a 12" cpvc barrel, it averages around 83'

Singled with a 14" cpvc barrel, it averages around 90'

All tests done with Revisionfive's Pool noodle darts (http://www.nerfrevol...php?f=26&t=3633)

Here is a picture of the wye I used:

Posted Image

Edited by Eraser475, 05 May 2012 - 08:27 PM.

"That seems like substantially less fun than filling it with beer". -Draconis

"There is no such thing as over kill! If you can carry it and prime it. You're good to go". -Makeitgo

"Admin Edit: Dumbest Crossbow in existence. Congratulations!" <-- Admin in the Show off your crossbow thread.

#2 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

This is a very good write up and an even cleaner mod!. Very nice and I'll be sure to do this to make a future secondary. Keep up the awesome work!

-Shoopy
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#3 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

LEGIT NECRO-BUMP.

Ranges added.

With a 12 stefan hopper with a homemade wye (http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=9&t=3317) and a 12" cpvc barrel, it averages around 83'

Singled with a 14" cpvc barrel, it averages around 90'

All tests done with Revisionfive's Pool noodle darts (http://www.nerfrevol...php?f=26&t=3633)

Here is a picture of the wye I used:

Posted Image

Edited by Eraser475, 20 April 2012 - 06:44 AM.

"There is no such thing as over kill! If you can carry it and prime it. You're good to go". -Makeitgo

"Admin Edit: Dumbest Crossbow in existence. Congratulations!" <-- Admin in the Show off your crossbow thread.

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I missed this the first time around, but it seems fairly legit.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

I like the wye and overall modding done; very creative and nice to see. Did the pieces fit together nicely for the wye or did you have to cut and adjust them? That's the main drawback of homemade wyes, they rely heavily on adjusting them as you go and can easily be slightly skewed. The CPVC probably helps a lot with cutting down deadspace too right?

#6 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

They fit together fairly well, but you need to goop them together. The 45's are pretty loose in the tee, but the goop eliminates that problem. The only tough part is getting them gooped straight. Not too sure on the deadspace, though.

Edited by Eraser475, 20 April 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#7 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Really glad this popped back up here right when I found two of these babies. There's one thing that bugs me though that I've never understood about clothespin triggers, how does a vertical nail get up and over the plunger head. The way I'm looking at it, it seems like it would just get stuck where the nail is and not catch.

Great mod on a widely available blaster. Seems like people have just been overlooking these because the lack of triggers when we all shoulda been rocken em. Imma go take a look at the bigger xploders models. Springer primaries in every major retailer? I'm excited.
HARDCORE NERF!

#8 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Really glad this popped back up here right when I found two of these babies. There's one thing that bugs me though that I've never understood about clothespin triggers, how does a vertical nail get up and over the plunger head. The way I'm looking at it, it seems like it would just get stuck where the nail is and not catch.

Great mod on a widely available blaster. Seems like people have just been overlooking these because the lack of triggers when we all shoulda been rocken em. Imma go take a look at the bigger xploders models. Springer primaries in every major retailer? I'm excited.

Thanks!

The nail is ground at an angle at the end so the catch will slide down and then back up, so the plunger won't move until you pull the trigger. Not sure if this makes sense, but It is hard for me to put into words.

#9 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I just got one of these blasters NIB while thrifting, and plan on doing this to it. Can you post a picture of how you angled the nail? It would be greatly appreciated
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#10 Eraser475

Eraser475

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

BUMP

Instructions for adding a stock added:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users