Drain Blaster Pump Relocation?

Anyone taken one of these apart?

3 replies to this topic

#1 SPV999

SPV999

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

I finally got a Drain Blaster ($10 in the trash pile at Ace!). I have an idea for an integration, but I'd like to move the pump to underneath it (via attaching a length of hose). However, I would like to know where I should start cutting and if it's even possible. They're plastic-welded shut, and I'd hate to cut through a seal or something.

Internal pics would be awesome if someone has a couple (post them in the internals thread while you're at it!).

Thanks.
Concept mods in works:
#1) Codename: The Negotiator
#2) Codename: XXXG-00W0
#3) Codename: Punisher

#2 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

I don't know, but I know I've seen the internals of one of these; either a Pango, Jobar, or Cobra I can't remember, but Bob posted a thread about them on NHQ. I'm searching for it now, hold on.
http://www.nerfhq.co...p?topic=7955.30
Badwrench popped it open, but it doesn't show how the pump is attached there. It seems to be one piece, so I doubt you can relocate it. However, why would you want to re-locate it? I think the pump is placed nicely. I understand for integration, but I think that would be almost ideal; that's just me though, I'm weird like that. Maybe you could put an entirely new pump on there, but I don't know how these things work internally very well.

Edited by Broderick, 03 June 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#3 SPV999

SPV999

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

Most of it is welded.
The tank does screw on, mine was just stuck apparently. :blush:

From what I've seen (and read from the other topic), I should be able to cut it vertically alone the line of the back of the trigger. I'm still not that close to doing this integration, but I'll certainly mention how this it works out.

Thanks again!.
Concept mods in works:
#1) Codename: The Negotiator
#2) Codename: XXXG-00W0
#3) Codename: Punisher

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

I cut the pump off of mine a while ago because it had an uncontrollable leak. I'll post some internals pictures soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I get enough time later, I'll post some better pictures.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 06 June 2010 - 11:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users