Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Minnesota War

126 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for Minnesota's largest annual war! Here is the info:

Date: June 20th
Time: 9 until 5ish (maybe later)
Address: Juniper Ln, St Paul, MN 55116

Lunch: Bring bag lunch, or bring money for food from Burger King, Arbys, or another nearby fastfood joint.

Post War Feast is pending on location. Probably somewhere near the park.

Banned Guns: Singled Roto Rockets, Pump Plugged Big Blasts, Plugged Titans. If you aren't sure, bring it and we will decide. Also, don't bring anything that looks fairly realistic. If we deem your gun too powerful, don't be a dick, stop using it. It is a case by case basis.

I'm trying to have somewhat of a plan for this war, here is what games we will play (not necessarily in order though).
-2/3/4 Team Deathmatch
-2/3 Team CTF
-Pistol Round
-Central Flag
-Defend the Core
-Gunslinger
-Zombie VIP
-Get to the Choppa! (if we can adapt it to outdoors, if not another Zombie game)
-Ridiculous Round
-Ridiculous CTF?

For those of you that don't know about get to the Choppa, here is an explanation: Humans stockpile darts/guns and semi-barricade themselves in the corner of the room. The rest of the room is dark besides the human corner. The humans have to defend the corner for two minutes until they can "Get to the Choppa!", or run out of the corner to the door of the room. The zombie's goal is to stop the humans from getting to the door. The Zombies either rush in through the barricades, or catch the humans while they are running to the choppa. I'm thinking if we worked out someting with mobsticles, we could use the pagodas as the human corner, and the bulding, parking lot, or playground could be the choppa.

I also invite everyone to think of some other Zombie type games. I'm open to everything, assuming it's practical for our purposes.

Attenders:
Venom
Rork+2
Atomatron
Ryan McNumbers+1
Hairy Beaver+2
BustaNinja
Imjustbackup
MercenaryXero
Carbon+1
Flaming Hilt
tatertotguy
VelveetaAvenger
Carrtoon
NerfBros
tatertotguy
SonReeceSonJensen
Zorn
NerfCrazy

Maybes:

Edited by venom213, 18 June 2009 - 11:38 PM.

#2 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

I'm in.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#3 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I'll be there with another person most likely. I'll be bringing rork and his crew as well.

-Ridiculous Round
-Ridiculous CTF?

Any ridiculous ammo rounds I will not be participating in.

Edited by Ryan201821, 24 May 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#4 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

I'll be bring rork and his crew as well.

^This. I am wicked fucking psyched for this one.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#5 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

Crap, that's the exact day that I am leaving for vacation... Why am I always so busy! So in other words we won't be there unless our vacation plans change, or the war gets push forward a day or two... (Don't change it just because we can't go, I hate changing other peoples plans.)

-nerfbros

(p.s. I have a good name idea for a star wars themed name... The first war that Koree can be at after his time on the East Coast can be called "Return of the Asian".

Edited by Nerf Bros, 24 May 2009 - 08:22 PM.

We have no sig.

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Any chance you could move it up a week to the 13th? or does that conflict with Rork?

#7 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not leaving the Land of Heat and Poverty until the weekend of the 13th. :(
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#8 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

Yep

#9 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

Any chance you could move it up a week to the 13th? or does that conflict with Rork?

Why don't we do it on a week day? It is (or will be) summer after all...
We have no sig.

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

And less people will be at the park on a weekday, because they still have to work, thus can't bring parents. It sounds good to me. Maybe I'm just ok with anything because I live like... 3 blocks away.

Anyway, OBVIOUSLY I'm game for this war.

Edited by BustaNinja, 25 May 2009 - 11:10 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#11 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

In that case I will not be able to attend. Have fun Rork.

#12 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

I'll probably have to work on any given weekday, but I could probably manage to get to a Wednesday war.

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

I would only be able to make a weekend date. Some of us actually have jobs. And I think I have a prior obligation the 13th.

#14 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

The date is to stay as the 20th. I probably wouldnt mind a weekday war, but having it in a weekend grants for much better attendance.

#15 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

The date is to stay as the 20th. I probably wouldnt mind a weekday war, but having it in a weekend grants for much better attendance.

Put my bro and I down as a maybe... Our vacation got pushed back a day, but that morning I have a driver impact pannel. So if we're there we will be late.

-nerfbros
We have no sig.

#16 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

I would have to say weekend, it is hard enough to cleave out a day without having work get in the way.

Put me down for ‘maybe’, just in-case some family crap pops up again like over the last war’s timeslot.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#17 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

As long as i can find the place i will be there and im most likely bringing two other people and they will just use my guns WOOT I FINALLY GET TO GO TO A NERF WAR if you want to see my weapons check me out on youtube my account is imjustbackup

so put me down for it i will be there and bring 2 or more people depending if my brother wants to go and if we can gang up some more friends and loan them some primarys

Posted Image

BTW: by then i should have the angel breached Decemator done so you will all be running for help...hopfully :P

See yall there

Edited by imjustbackup, 26 May 2009 - 08:57 PM.

Two Words guys dont like unless together "Don't" and "Stop" :P

my youtube username is imjustbackup also

#18 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'll see what I can do about getting there.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#19 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'll see what I can do about getting there.

Methinks you Chicago guys should road trip up here. Us MNers may even return the favor.

#20 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'd be up for a road trip. I can't make it alone, but if we can organize some type of group trip there's a possibility...

#21 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

I'd be up for a road trip. I can't make it alone, but if we can organize some type of group trip there's a possibility...

thats a great idea just car pool up here :)

#22 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

BE THERE BITCHES!!! That is all...

ROAD TRIP!!! Actually, sometime in July I will be up in Chicago, so if enough people decide on it, I would even be game for a 4th weekend Nerf Out.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#23 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:55 AM

ROAD TRIP!!! Actually, sometime in July I will be up in Chicago, so if enough people decide on it, I would even be game for a 4th weekend Nerf Out.

Would love to. But unfortunately I'll be in Las Vegas that weekend...

But if you guys are thinking about making a road trip, you should. You won't be disappointed.

#24 imjustbackup

imjustbackup

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

Would love to. But unfortunately I'll be in Las Vegas that weekend...

But if you guys are thinking about making a road trip, you should. You won't be disappointed.

indeed but on another side i will be down in chicago for some of my relatives i might be able to pick some of you guys up on the way back idk its just a idea idk what weekend or week i will be down there though so its not a good chance it will work out

#25 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

So for these ‘ridiculous’ rounds…does this mean a Balls-n-Missiles round? I just got a Cosmic Thruster and am giddy with anticipation to use it.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users