My Snap

Titan integration, brass breech, rails and more

11 replies to this topic

#1 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm not one for unnecessary talk, so lets get going, shall we?

Posted Image

Here it is. I'll be discussing each feature individually.

Titan Integration

Posted Image

This one is fairly simple. Take your titan and attach it to your SNAP, making sure that a tube receptor is available at the bottom. Add a CPVC coupler, and a trigger of your choice. I added a layer of foam for comfort.

Pump-Stock

Posted Image

Take your Titan pump and a short section of CPVC. Wrap the CPVC in duct tape until it won't move in the pump handle. Now dremel a slot for the pump housing in the end of your handle. I then used epoxy putty to secure it.

Extend the pump handle into the 1/2" receptor at the end of the stock, so that one of the two holes in the handle is inside. (for this part I used a 3/4" L with a reducing bushing to 1/2") Then screw a 1/2" CPVC endcap into the handle.

Cut a piece of 1/2" PVC about 6" long (I used sch 20 to reduce weight). Cut down the length of it twice to create a slot about 1/2" wide. Now take a 1/2" coupler and do the same, taking just under half of it off. (this will help it grip the PVC while keeping friction low) Using a dremel, sand out the middle where the actual coupling would be. You now should have a completely even surface on the inside of the coupler.

Now take another 1/2" CPVC endcap and screw it into the top of your coupler. I used a metal-grinding bit on my dremel to grind the protruding end of the screw down. I also added epoxy putty to strengthen the joint. Here comes the part that you need to adapt to your own SNAP. Measure the distance between the two endcaps (see the picture for proper placement of the 6" PVC and coupler) and cut a section of CPVC to connect them. Secure the PVC with glue, and fasten the CPVC with screws. (I highly recommend this, mine was prone to breakage at MNHNO due to not having the screws)

Brass Breech and Barrel

Posted Image
[Closed]

The breech and barrel are made from 17/32 brass with the sliding cover being 9/16. The PVC casing is 3/4" PVC with 1/2" inserts. (this works because both are only about 3/4 complete, being grooved to accommodate being attached to the SNAP body more easily) The slider is a smoothed 3/4" coupler. It is attached to the 9/16 by a thick nail which attached to the brass with epoxy putty. The bit of putty on the top secures the nail, as well as being a sight of sorts. The Titan connects to the breech via vinyl tubing, wrapped in teflon tape at the breech end.

Tacticool Rails

Posted Image

This bit is fairly simple. If you have a SNAP with a coupler on the front, skip the next few sentences. Take a 1 1/4" coupler and cut it a little off-center (rork goes into more detail in his topic). Now, cut it in fourths (you'll only need two, but I used the others for support). Place two of them as seen in the above picture. Now cut two strips of 2" PVC (proportional to the length of your blaster) and screw them in to the front and back. You may need longer screws, depending on your SNAP. Note: if you add the other two coupler bits, as I did, DO NOT use screws, because they would get hit by the plunger, therefore fucking up your shit.

SNAP Internals

[sorry, no pic]

My SNAP uses modified SNAPbow internals. The main difference is that instead of having my cotter pin on the end of the CPVC rod, the rod extends into the 3/4" plug, allowing the "wiggle room" to be adjusted with various lengths of tape wrapped around the rod. The cotter pin is inserted where the CPVC exits the plug. (I didn't need to cut down my endcap, I don't know if it is a result of this method or not)

Overall, this think kicked mad amounts of ass at MNHNO. Ranges are good/average for a SNAPbow and lower/still more than enough for a Titan. (lots of dead space in the tubing)

There's something to be said for having a gun that has two barrels shooting ~110 consistently. Anyway, I hope you guys like it.

-MercenaryXero

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

That, sir, is badass.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Nice! That's a very interesting combination.

Is the Titan pump plugged?

#4 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

That is a beast...the intimidation factor is doubled with the titan...

#5 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

No, its not. How would I have used it in a war if it was? :D

#6 L0pper

L0pper

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Very nice. I really need to get around to making another large rifle like snap. (my last one exploded because the door closer spring I used was too strong)

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

It was one of the better guns at MNHNO, I thought. I didn't get shot by it, thank god.

#8 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

nice job. And I just thought of mine today too! :P Except I just used an AT2K.
I just have to but the stock parts and the CPVC T for the charge handle.
Here are some pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Seems kinda wobbly. I have to try and fix that.
And here's some of my "poor man's" CS style slide breech:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the crappy pic's as they are from my phone and not my regular camera(I can't find the transfer cable)

Edited by nerfboi, 11 November 2008 - 11:44 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

Beastly gun. Having been shot with it once, you know how it is. I still like that amazing rush, where you got me from behind, MISSED with both shots, then I just laughed.

It truly is beastly. It also looks really pretty in person. Flip breach it, and your all good.

Damn, now I gotta post pictures of my new toy!
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

Beastly gun. Having been shot with it once, you know how it is. I still like that amazing rush, where you got me from behind, MISSED with both shots, then I just laughed.

It truly is beastly. It also looks really pretty in person. Flip breach it, and your all good.

Is that the one where he missed you then one of the first time warring guys shot you because you weren't paying attention?

I can totally vouch for this thing's beastliness though, and it actually doesn't look that bad either. Great job, Merc.
Gimme back my bullets....

#11 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

No, its not. How would I have used it in a war if it was? :lol:

Good point.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Is that the one where he missed you then one of the first time warring guys shot you because you weren't paying attention?

I can totally vouch for this thing's beastliness though, and it actually doesn't look that bad either. Great job, Merc.

No. When he missed with both shots I was in the tower.

I was outed that round by a atomatron and his barrel tapping my butt....

Still, to any nay sayers, this is a beast gun. End of story.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users