Hornet As-6 Modification

cpvc barrel replacement.

33 replies to this topic

#1 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:38 AM

I know I am necroing my own topic, but this is a relevant post.

Apparently this mod does not work with anyone else!

I have gotten too many PM's asking me how I pulled off the barrels so easily, I must have gotten a Hornet with loose barrels, If there is anyone who has successfully followed my write up, please say so that I can get a count of if this mod actually works on other Hornets.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So I recently thought "man i'm kinda getting low on good weapons and any real good weapons cost me lots of dough"
So then one day I went down to my TRU and saw that they have the N-Strike Unity pack, and I started thinking that 3 ok guns for 40 bucks was awesome so I immediatley got it.
I was very pleased with the hornet it became my primary.
But I wanted more, more!

Lets get to work!

Materials/supplies:
Duct tape
CPVC
Hornet
Flat head screwdriver
One gallon of blood
6 dollars and 23 cents

First grab your hornet, get your flathead screwdriver and put it on the base of the barrels like so.
Posted Image
Then pry the barrels off, they should come off pretty easily.
Posted Image
Next cut 6 sections of 4'' CPVC
Posted Image
Wrap two layers of duct tape on the base of your CPVC. note: I cut the width to around 1 inch this doesnt really affect it, I just didnt want to see duct tape coming out from the base of my barrels.
Posted Image
Shove your barrels in and your done.
Posted Image
On the receiving end.
Posted Image

It averages around high 50's.
lowest shot was 48' longest was 63'.

Edited by ejrasmussen, 05 June 2010 - 03:21 PM.

#2 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

So the barrels are installed in pairs cast from the same mold? Not a bad idea, makes getting them out easier, lol. Great job. Also, what else is included in the "N-Strike Utility Pak"?
Gimme back my bullets....

#3 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

B.D. - it is the "Unity", not "Utility" :mellow:

The "N-Strike Unity System" includes a Titan, a Hornet and a Scout - and they are fairly hard to come by these days in some areas. (The Titan and Hornet can each be purchased individually now, but the full set is becoming quite rare.)
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Cool, nice ranges. I love the fact you didn't even need to open up the gun.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

I like it. I have always shunned Hornets from my arsenal because I thought they were kind of risky to mod, and I did'nt want to screw it up. But I did'nt even know that you did'nt have to open up the gun. Now tell me, when you pryed off the barrels with your screwdriver, did you see the hoses anywhere close? Because people have said that with the Hornet and Blastfire, you have to be careful not to rupture the hoses, or something like that.
And in the first pic, nice SMDTG/LS integration. And in the second pic, do I see a crayola'd AT3K? And also a firefly? Hmm? Anyway, good mod. 60 feet is'nt bad.

~Bomberman
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Is the pump plugged? 'Cuz if it is, you should be getting near 80' easily... well thats with 6" brass barrels (Ompas mod).

Good job on the CPVC though, I never would'a thought of that... Oh, wait. I did. Carry on.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 ozzy936

ozzy936

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

when u take the frist barrels off dose the air restricker come out to (im a bigger moder) and after can u put the barrels back in?
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

Why would you keep the stock barrels if it is extremely easy to have CPVC? And please fix your grammar.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

when u take the frist barrels off dose the air restricker come out to (im a bigger moder) and after can u put the barrels back in?

But obviously not a big speller. Anyway, nice mod. Fairly simple. I need to pick up a hornet or big salvo for integrating.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

I like it. I have always shunned Hornets from my arsenal because I thought they were kind of risky to mod, and I did'nt want to screw it up. But I did'nt even know that you did'nt have to open up the gun. Now tell me, when you pryed off the barrels with your screwdriver, did you see the hoses anywhere close? Because people have said that with the Hornet and Blastfire, you have to be careful not to rupture the hoses, or something like that.
And in the first pic, nice SMDTG/LS integration. And in the second pic, do I see a crayola'd AT3K? And also a firefly? Hmm? Anyway, good mod. 60 feet is'nt bad.

~Bomberman

If youve seen a opened hornet you probably see those 6 black barrel like things those are the blast chambers. you are just taking of the barrels not the chambers no harm on the chambers unless you screw with thethings behind the barrels.

#11 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

Restrickter? Come on thats almost as bad as R Thare any Nrefers in Conyers, GA.
Nice mod EJ, I was planning on doing this but i suck at modding. THERE IS HOPE!
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#12 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

Nice mod EJ, I was planning on doing this but i suck at modding. THERE IS HOPE!

Indeed there is!

No there is a grey thingthat stops the air restrictor from interfering with the blast chambers. you can pry them out easily.

#13 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

Great mod, I like how you don't have to open it up to do this. Good ranges by just doing a barrel replacement and AR reomval good work. If you open it up would you plug the pump?
TMC

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Finally, a hornet mod I am not afraid to do. Seriously I read Ompas mod and it scared the shit out of me. Something about the whole "Don't drill down to far or you will screw up your hornet" Really scared me and I never got over that fear since I was new at all of this.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#15 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

Nice mod. Simple but direct. I like it. Not to mention it looks really clean to.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#16 Killim-spree

Killim-spree

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Finally a reason to re-buy the Hornet (the hulk one anyway).

#17 Jtcm

Jtcm

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

I'm not sure how you got those barrels out I tried this technique and I could hardly get the barrels to move, let alone out.

#18 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

It was pretty easy easy just keep trying.

#19 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, my old Hornet was the same. I couldn't get the barrels out for crap...

Great mod though, I'm buying one just for this.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#20 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, my old Hornet was the same. I couldn't get the barrels out for crap...

Great mod though, I'm buying one just for this.

Glad i could inspire you to buy a great gun.
Yeah mine broke the other day. It wasnt the mod it was just the pump and the titan attachment got screwed up. So now im doing the marvelous hornet.

#21 sharpshooter0005

sharpshooter0005

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

ok im trying to get the barrels off mine but it wnt wrk what r sum other ways

#22 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

Finally, a hornet mod I am not afraid to do. Seriously I read Ompas mod and it scared the shit out of me. Something about the whole "Don't drill down to far or you will screw up your hornet" Really scared me and I never got over that fear since I was new at all of this.

I completely fucked 2 hornets because I drilled down too far. The hornet's blast chambers are confusing as hell when you get them out and it's really hard to tell what's an air restrictor and what's a part of the chamber's seal.

#23 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Both of you need to check the dates, this is from May. Sharpshooter, fix the grammar, spelling and capitalization please. I barely know what you're asking. If you don't know how to get the barrels off, search and find other ways. If nothing else, try different ways on your own and tell us how it goes.
Teehee.

#24 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

What did cutting the barrels on the hornet before you pried them out do for you?

#25 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

What did cutting the barrels on the hornet before you pried them out do for you?

Don't post in topics that are over 3 months old. Just PM the person who made the topic. Anyone else reading, this should be the end of this topic, OR ELSE!!!!!!!

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users