Fno

F Yes. June 15th.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

Ah, summer's here in sunny Florida (we have no spring) and I feel I've cultivated enough local interest to host a war:

FNO - Florida Nerf Outing

Posted Image
Who:
Myself + 4
Maybe:
Dangaard
Where: Santa Fe Community College, Gainesville, FL
When: Sunday, June 15th. Games start around 10am.
What to Bring:
1) YOUR Guns - see below
2) YOUR Darts
3) Lots of fluids. The almanac has an average temperature for June 15th of 91 degrees.
4) Lunch if you want. There are multiple fast food joints (McD's, Wendy's, etc...) and a Publix (nice deli) located very close to the site.
5) Eye Protection (Mandatory) Sunglasses will suffice.
6) Your "A" Game

We have 5 definite local attendees counting myself, but there's a good chance I'll have more by the time this thing goes off. We will be playing in a huge outdoor raquetball court near the school's teaching zoo. The court has a long hallway that connects to 6 large, empty courts via half doors. At the far end is a staircase leading to an observation deck which overlooks all 6 courts. Hypothetically, one could shoot down into any of the rooms from this deck. The whole thing is surrounded by grass and trees.

The nature of the site should lend to some interesting gameplay especially during CTF or attack/defend type scenarios. As far as weapons go, the structure itself is pretty confined while the area surrounding it is quite open, promoting the use of both short-ranged rapid fire guns and long-ranged single shot guns.

Singled Titans will not be allowed and very strong guns will be checked before permitted. We're going to have a fair amount of stock and slightly modded guns on the field because alot of the locals are new to Nerf and don't have uber-modded death-bows yet. Honestly though, on this field anyone with skill could do fine with a couple well modded Nitefinders. Winning a game on here will depend more on tactics and teamwork than how far your gun can shoot.

I know that most of the NIC is either in california or the Northeast, both of which are anything but close to Florida, but I'm hoping some of the southeast nerfers can make it out! I'll update this page as needed. Enjoy the following field pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Anothernoob, 09 May 2008 - 11:59 PM.

#2 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

Looks fun! I don't think I can make it due to the long drive, but I'll see what I can do. Good luck with your war!
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#3 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

this is a definate possibility! I might make this one with a few people even! I live in saint pete, this is sweet!
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#4 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Heck yea man, thats not too far from you! I'm actually going to be driving to Tampa today for some stuff.

The war location is extremely easy to get to. Its pretty much right off of I75! I can pm you directions if you want.

I hope you guys can make it!

#5 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

Resurrect!

This war is a meager 10 days away. Is there any other interest here besides Daangard?

Probably not. No matter, this war's still going down!

EDIT: And indeed it did. You all missed a good time! There were few pictures taken due to all the attendees actually playing. We had pretty much all different ages and skill levels at this war so it was an all around fun day. it was the first war I've hosted and it went pretty well. Picture to follow...

Edited by Anothernoob, 15 June 2008 - 08:34 PM.

#6 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

I feel bad triple posting in my own thread...

June 15th FNO Attendance: 10, way more than I had planned!

Posted Image

I'll be moving soon, so that will probably my first and only Gainesville war. I hope to make it out to other wars in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users