Photo

Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

I need help with what to get for indoor wars.

43 replies to this topic

#1 NerfGrassHopper

NerfGrassHopper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

I was wondering what a good stock gun would be for indoor wars maximum 30ft or so. I have 2 AT3K's, 3 Maverics, A Buzzsaw, a Recon, and a non-nerf ball shooting bow.
I'm thinking about buying a LS.
The other guns avalibe to me are, Hyperfire set, Strikefire/Cross fire set,Firefly, reacotor, vulcan's I think,NF's and of course Ls's I think. That's what they sell at my Wal-Mart, I am not modding them I need to know which one is best stock., with stock dart's.
Thanks.

EDIT: Guy's I bought A LS today that is my new primary. What should be my Secondary and or Pistol.
Thanks.

Edited by NerfGrassHopper, 26 December 2008 - 11:47 AM.

Punch your mom right in her stupid face.

-Groove

HeretiCorp "We got sued for the Recon, better make all our guns wussier"
- From Nerf IRC Chat.

#2 d0nk3y k0n9

d0nk3y k0n9

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

For indoor wars, I would probably go with your recon as a primary and your maverick as a secondary. They both have fairly good ROF but not great range. This works out well indoors because range isn't as great a concern.

EDIT: Actually, now that I reread your post, you might try the AT3K as a primary. I don't know how good it is stock, but I've heard of people using it as a medium-long range gun modified for outdoors, so it should be sufficient for indoor play.

Edited by d0nk3y k0n9, 25 December 2008 - 08:12 PM.

#3 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

AT3ks are not reliable stock, i'd go with the longshot or the recon, I personally prefer the longshot, but both can be effective. Either one will go well with a maverick as a secondary.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

I would go with the vulcan. You can get 50ft flat with it, with enough mods. IF you just want 30 ft flat, remove the AR and hook up an RC battery to it, you have a fucking nerf MG42. If you don't like that, just remove the ARS from a LS, and use that, that will get you somewhere in the area of 30ft.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

I have only done a couple small stock wars. 4-5 people maximum.
I found that the hornet worked best.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

If you are allowed to do external mods a stock longshot with a foregrip can be very effective. It has decent stock range, fast reloads, and a good rate of fire. You also don't need to adjust your aim to prime if you have the foregrip.
While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

#7 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

A recon is very nice with a mav for backup. But you might want to go with FA_24 cause he's cool like that.
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#8 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

This is my experience with my stock guns (ranked from best to worst):

The Magstrike has been my most effective stock weapon. The sustained ROF is off the charts if you have more than two clips. Ranges vary from blaster to blaster (my magstrike got freakishly good ranges in stock form).

The Rapid Fire 20 is also effective, but it doesn't have the sustained ROF as the Magstrike

Ditto for the Vulcan. Swapping chains takes a long time and really hurts it's effectiveness. But it's awesome while it's ammo lasts.

The Big Salvo has very nice range and ROF in stock form. However, it suffers from one big disadvantage: you have to use the stock arrows, so you can't use the darts that your opponent shot at you.

The Hornet works well, albeit with lower range than I'd like.

The Longshot has very nice ROF when you have more than two magazines, but range is poor.

The Big Bad Bow actually gets pretty decent ranges in stock form. ROF is mediocre.

The recon has very nice ROF but gets very poor ranges.

The Tek 10 has pretty good ROF but gets very poor ranges.

The Maverick has pretty good ROF but gets very poor ranges.

The Tek 6 has pretty good ROF but gets very poor ranges.

The NiteFinder gets okay ranges, but ROF is mediocre.

The AT3k is terrible in stock form.

The AT2k is even more terrible in stock form.

If you are going to buy a new gun without any intention of modding it, I would suggest:

An automatic such as the Magstrike/RF20/Vulcan
A Big Salvo if you can get it cheap
A $5 hornet
The Longshot is okay, too.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 25 December 2008 - 08:57 PM.

#9 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

If your willing to buy online, get a speedloader ,it has been very effective and reliable from my experiences.

Edited by Demo tay26, 25 December 2008 - 09:49 PM.

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

If your willing to buy online, get a speedloader ,it has been very effective and reliable from my experiences.

I would not buy one of those for the price listed, under $20 at the most for a speedloader. Amazon sellers just like to diddle you, and then feed mushrooms to your cat.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#11 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

I always use my rf20 and my recon in indoor wars. However, my trusty NF is always at my side. Also, if blowguns are allowed, they are a good weapon to have.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#12 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

The sad fact of the matter is that pretty much all stock guns currently available get the same (piss-poor) ranges. I'd get the Hyperfires--carry 'em both, and that's 20 rounds you can fire as fast as you'll realistically need to, with pretty fast reload times and no jamming. Pick up a couple of bags of taggers and you're set.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#13 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

The sad fact of the matter is that pretty much all stock guns currently available get the same (piss-poor) ranges. I'd get the Hyperfires--carry 'em both, and that's 20 rounds you can fire as fast as you'll realistically need to, with pretty fast reload times and no jamming. Pick up a couple of bags of taggers and you're set.

I agree with rork I got some for christmas and at 35-40 feet I could hit a 2 foot tall snowman 7/10 times.And use the pistols it comes with they are fun.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#14 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

An eliminator is good for a back up, back up, and is great in stock form for its size.

#15 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

I respectfully disagree Rork, not all stock guns are created equal in terms of range. My mav gets about 20 ft routinely, whereas my longshot usually gets close to twice that. That said, you're right in that a pair of hyperfires is pretty scary in stock fights... just make sure your ammo is in near pristine condition, because those blasters are rather picky.

Just one more comment towards the OP, in my many stock battles at school, the quick reloads provided by multiple CS-6 clips for my recon and my longshot have proved invaluable many, many times. If you complement either of the CS-6 guns with a maverick or a single shot, you have a nice set of stock guns that should get you through most situations just fine.

#16 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

GAH!!!! How could you people forget the god of indoors!?!?!?!? Well, maybe not the god, but still: Hyperfire people! With 10 shots, ok range and fairly fast shooting how could you not think it is good for indoors? And thank you The_Nerf_Devil for correcting me.

Edited by death by cheez, 26 December 2008 - 11:01 AM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#17 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

Personally I find both the LS and Vulcan to be great weapons indoors, but the Vulcan is kind of heavy and awkward. For both you want as many mags/belts as possible. A NF is a really useful sidearm because it has a Ok rate of fire and can fire all ammo and be loaded quickly.

@death by cheez: The hyperfire IS the dart tag gun/blaster.

Edited by The_Nerf_Devil, 26 December 2008 - 10:05 AM.

It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#18 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

DTBs suck. End of story. I have had 4, none have EVER broken 40ft with EXTENSIVE modification. Out of the box, I was getting 15-20ft. A LS has slightly less ROF, but much better range. I would choose a LS over a DTB/hyperfire anyday.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#19 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

As an indoor primary I would go with a Magstrike or Powerclip personally. Great rate of fire and just alot of fun to use, only disadvantage is reloading. If you have other players that can defend you with another good indoor primary while your reloading get a Magstrike. As a secondary I would use a NiteFinder. This is all just a matter of preference, see what you like using and use that its simple.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#20 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

For indoor wars i usually use a ls. One reason for that was because it was the only Nerf gun i had but it diddled. Now for Christmas i got a Vulcan and BBB. The BBB got reasonable ranges with the arrows. The Vulcan is good using single shot (i don't have batteries yet) and you don't go through ammo like crazy with the single shot. But overall i would get a ls.
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

#21 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

The indoor wars I go to probably have different rules than yours, but I do have some suggestions on decent backup guns to use. Primaries are completely dependant on style, so I won't offer you any advice on them. But a gun with a decent ROF and a 20 ft range is usually good enough for a indoor war.

Anyway, If you are willing or able to carry more than 2 guns, you might want to carry these two little guns. They are almost completely obsolete in an outdoor war, but I usually try to carry at least one of them.

A sawed off doubleshot, and a Secret Strike.

They have saved me in countless wars, Depending on your cover, the doubleshot is a good lobbing gun, it goes over most indoor cover quite well, and can hit people on the other side after a bit of practice. Plus, if you are in a tough situation, the two dart blast could get you out of it.

The Secret Strike is a nice little thing to have in your pocket or your sleeve. It is basically a last ditch shot at somebody.

They aren't my primary, or my secondary, but I like to have them around. ATM I'm running a Vulcan for my primary, and a Maverick for my secondary. But I'm huge, so the Vulcan isn't awkward for me, but it is for everybody else I play with, so that might not be an option.

In an Indoor war, most stock guns will work for ranges, so just pick whatever feels right for you. Most of them aren't viable for an outdoor war, but they will work fine indoors.

#22 amerikanidiot154

amerikanidiot154

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I agree with angel, the hornets are reliable for indoor wars, and can get some good ranges stock if you know what you are doing. ( for future referance, listen to Forsaken Angel. He knows what he is talking about.)
You'll laugh your dick off

He'd make a great candidate for smear the queer. Give him an eliminator and set him free.~BladeMaster:NHQ

#23 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

I agree with angel, the hornets are reliable for indoor wars, and can get some good ranges stock if you know what you are doing. ( for future referance, listen to Forsaken Angel. He knows what he is talking about.)

Nothing beats a modded magstrike. You should be able to get 2 clips out of one tank with minor changes and the clips are simple to modify. At the very least put 5-6 strips of E-tape on the side of the clip to enable semi-auto. Get 2-3 extra clips and a decent pistol and you're good to go.

Double shot is also a lot of fun in an indoor war, the shells are a pain though because you need them to fire the thing.

I can definitely see a hornet being extremely good as well.

#24 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

Get 2-3 extra clips and a decent pistol and you're good to go.

Emphasis added; Fome's point here is very important. The magstrike is not very effective with only 2 clips. I carry around 6 clips in total when I use it so that I have staying power in a firefight. With only two clips, it's just a clumsier RF20.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 28 December 2008 - 09:36 AM.

#25 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Don't hornets shoot 6 darts at a time? If so would that be a bitch to reload and a pain to use? Well i finally got some batteries for my Vulcan and i was a little disappointed in the range its getting. i don't really want to take it apart since it is new and has a bunch of electronic stuff in it. Is there any other way i can fix it?
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users