Pictures & Video. DISCUSS HERE ONLY.

450 replies to this topic

#51 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm an asshole.

Edited by flyingchicken, 24 February 2009 - 06:56 PM.

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#52 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

Guess I better get a word in before this is locked.

Looks like it has worse performance than a Recon. I mean, look at how quickly the darts dropped. Not good.

Also, side-loading the drum seems a bit... Insipid? That thing weighs more than is safe. It's gonna snap.

The color isn't getting me. Needs more yellow. Not like all yellow, but like LS Blue and Yellow.

That all said, I'm definitely buying one when it comes out, if only for the magazine. I really hope the paintscheme gets a lot of work and they do something for its range, but this is a definite buy for me.

Besides, at least we get a gun in the LS colors with a built-in shotgun pump, right?
(I realize it's got the handle, but it'd be too easy to mod.)
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#53 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

You would think if it has such a big dart capacity it must be a bad gun.

Edited by twenty4, 15 February 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#54 foammasteroffusion

foammasteroffusion

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

i wish it was more like a fore grip longshot bullpuk style so for the misspelling

#55 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this gun, specifically the drum mag, isn't fully functional at this moment? Or, if it is, it couldn't work in an upright position. I just don't see how there can be any sort of follower to push the last darts through.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#56 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

It's plastic. That is impossible.

You obviously don't understand the laws of physics, namely leverage. No it would not weigh a ton literally, but try loading up a vulcan ammo box and tape it to the side of your longshot. It probably won't weigh all that much, but yes, it would weigh quite a bit. Add to that that the wieght is all at the top, and you have something that would put a lot of stress on the joint it connects to.

Salindin

I know. I'm just being sarcastic. I see what you mean, you have a valid point.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#57 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Definitely looks like some more recon inverted plunger bullshit. I'm gonna hold back on my final opinions, but from what I see, that huge clip, and a ready made indoor shotgun is really the only reason to buy this as of now. I'll wait to see some internals when it comes out before I even think of spending 35 on this.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#58 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Has anyone noticed the huge clip release switch? I'm not sure if it's in this post, but it's on gizmodo. It looks really heavy-duty. I guess it should since the drum probably weighs more than the actual gun.

#59 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

Even if the worst of speculations turns out to be true, several mods (such as drum mag reinforcement) could give this gun a space in some aspect of nerfing (such as indoor wars).

In other words, don't give up hope but don't rely on this to be the next great nerf gun.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#60 SaucyGanzalez

SaucyGanzalez

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Wow, my pants are officially shat.
"Fuck it, ill use a hacksaw" ~ SaucyGanzalez

"Makin darts, eaten'....What ever this is" ~ UberKuhlMan

#61 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Everyone's complaning about all this "new Recon" crap. I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions and just see how it plays out. But I do have an argument.

See how the jam door on the right side of the gun is really far forward? On top of that, the stock looks like it could do somethin similar to the "Armed" bar on the Recon, except not showing anything externally. This means that either
A ) it's a nice actual plunger design with a large plunger
B ) it's an inverse plunger design, but a very big inversge plunger design (the placement of the jam door)
C ) all that crap at the back is really dead space and we're being conned.

I'm hoping for it to be A, but it's more likely to be B. Nontheless, that's one freaking big inverted plunger it it is. Maybe this gun does have potential. Maybe we will be able to work with it. heck, it's not the next Crossbow, but at least we can have so fun with a crack at it.

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like, because I'll be keeping that until this gun comes out and we see how it really is.

Edited by Glint, 15 February 2009 - 10:07 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#62 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

Oh man I would have more fun with that drum magazine than the rest of the gun (it looked like it was ready to fall apart in the video)

also glint i'll keep that statement recorded in my sig for ya XD

Edited by foxdemon82, 15 February 2009 - 10:25 PM.

QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#63 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

The "Digital Camo" isn't what I expected. It's just a bit of texture rectangles scattered around the gun, they could of at least add another color. I was hoping for something that wouldn't look out of place in a Tron sequel.

#64 sporeknight123

sporeknight123

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

awesome im buying 2 of these 1 to mod and one stock.
someone get one man clan we have to put this on members only before hasbro sues the living, breathing, nerfing, moding and fighting asses off of all of us. :o :ph34r: :blink:

#65 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

I'm still wondering why no one is interested in the re-release of the Supersoaker 50, or in these from the UK Nerf video:

Posted Image
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#66 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

awesome im buying 2 of these 1 to mod and one stock.
someone get one man clan we have to put this on members only before hasbro sues the living, breathing, nerfing, moding and fighting asses off of all of us. :o :ph34r: :blink:

Are you retarted?

Also, good job sputnik. You've just created a soon-to-be 50 page long thread of speculation.

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 15 February 2009 - 11:05 PM.

[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#67 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

@Galaxy

Link Please!

Edited by bogboogalars, 15 February 2009 - 11:06 PM.

#68 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Scroll own a bit on this page.

sputnik had it at the bottom of the first post, if you actually looked for it.

glamdringguy15: I think you're hating on the drum a bit too much. We now has a 35'shot compatibility with 3 different guns, and probably more guns to come.
Also, there should never, EVER be a period in a war where you fire of 35 shots without a time to reload. Find a time to reload.
ANd have you ever thought that maybe, [/b]just maybe[b], that people might have more than 1 drum, so if they run out of shots (which they shouldn't) then they can just slap another one on?

On top of all this, we have to remember that we can also use the normal 6-shot clips with this gun too, so fi somehow you manage to run out of 35 shots then you can just slap in a 6-shot clip for time's sake.

You are quite right sir. I routinely carry 4 clips with me in my indoor stock wars, and if I survive long enough to fire off all those shots I consider myself either 1) very lucky or 2) the winner. Now add a high-capacity magazine at the start and you suddenly have 59 shots at your disposal. I consider that pretty formidable.

#69 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

I'm still wondering why no one is interested in the re-release of the Supersoaker 50, or in these from the UK Nerf video:

Posted Image

I will admit, i am looking foward to that.

But did anyone see that gun above it? That looks sick.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 4 2009, 04:04 AM) View Post

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.
But it cannot hide the scars.

#70 sporeknight123

sporeknight123

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

im serious hasbro can shut us down
we have to secure this

#71 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

Spore, this is a public press release, this is not in violation of any NDA.

#72 sporeknight123

sporeknight123

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Spore, this is a public press release, this is not in violation of any NDA.

sorry over over reaction on my part as we haven't hear anything from one man clan

#73 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

I'm not terribly excited about the SS 50 range, because they shoot water - not my thing :P

However, I'm definitely interested in the other guns in that picture.

#74 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Strike two, sporeknight.

Everyone else, make a comment on the Raider or keep your trap shut.

The "Digital Camo" isn't what I expected. It's just a bit of texture rectangles scattered around the gun, they could of at least add another color. I was hoping for something that wouldn't look out of place in a Tron sequel.

I bet you it's probably aimed at the custom painters, they're gonna have fun with the little textured squares.

I have to admit, it (the blaster itself) looks pretty neat. I'm patient. Everyone else should be. I'll keep it open, but no guarantees when the other admins see this.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#75 sporeknight123

sporeknight123

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

im interested on how one will mod this this to shoot stefans or hold them for that fact and how the clips size will afect the ranges
other than that this looks sweet as hell and hopefuly it will be good out of the box like nitefinders to mavs
this will possibly be great combined with FA_24's LS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users