Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125974 Zombie Games.

Posted by Lynx on 12 October 2007 - 08:12 PM in General Nerf

For those of you with out huge wallets, I have wired up a small energizer on/off flash light with rechargeable barrels to a rocker switch. All you need is solder & a solder gun/wand, flashlight, top battery loading AA battery, rocker switch and AA rechargeable batteries. It will last for 7 nights if necessary with only 3-4 refills. Perfect for a nitefinder and I have tested it for about 2 days. I have a 1/2 pvc tube glued into the battery holder with a removable end cap. The problem is, my parents car ran over it after I left it in the drive way because of a good knee scrape...decent bleeding... I used it in a capture the flag game in the dark. It was 4 vs 4 and I used the flashlight to find their flag. It was so easy with the rocker switch but now it is totaled, all 12-14 bucks of it...

EDIT: I watched the movie again... I need to go to Goucher or an east coast university. I have to be a part of this. I am the new Spartan in training!

#126040 Zombie Games.

Posted by Lynx on 13 October 2007 - 03:04 PM in General Nerf

Bump ish so my questions gets answered:

What does a normal day of Humans vs. Zombies like?
Can a participant please give me an overview?
Is it a lot of close range, long range, invading and/or group battles?

#126085 Zombie Games.

Posted by Lynx on 13 October 2007 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Sweet! It sounds like this will stick for 3+ years so I can join you all if lodging is provided or something of the sorts. Thank you for the information!

#131309 Your Nerf Teams Or Clans

Posted by Lynx on 03 December 2007 - 12:11 AM in General Nerf

Me, a friend and his little brother have extremely slow (stare downs) or fast games (crazy rush) in his basement. I don't know what we should call ourselves yet...Lightning Slugs...I dunno

#124782 Your Desktop

Posted by Lynx on 02 October 2007 - 02:12 PM in Off Topic

Custom by moc.gaming|Alador. He is a member my favorite server moc.gaming| original de_office.
:)
Posted Image

#124588 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 30 September 2007 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

Killed my friends in a all NiteFinder pistol fight.

We play 4 versus 4, upstairs versus downstairs and capture the flag.

During one round I decided to take out my Dart Tag Gun and whooped their butts. After having the DTG taken away from me and we restarted, I preceded to use my pump-action, clipped NF to wipe out 3 of their guys. Once the last enemy gave up, my team of 3 used Magstrikes at 15 feet to execute my prisoner.

I have a video of the execution as the wallpaper to my cell phone. We all laughed our asses off and that probably is my favorite NERF moment.

#126902 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 21 October 2007 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

However, since the barrel is a long bit that wastes the air needed to push the missile very far, it isn't as effective as just having a separate barrel for missiles.

English grammar is necessary in the haven Shadow Hunter Alpha...

Anyways, I put a pvc on my nf, put a laser pointer/flashlight on it, and used the nub from the nitefinder to make a funny 8 inch blowgun...I;m going to add my sight on it too...

It's just as effective as putting a crossbow on a (small) radio controlled car...

#124619 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 30 September 2007 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

I open the breech by pulling the pump. I close it by pushing it forward, the cocking handle is hard to explain, but the rod that holds the pump to the cocking handle is like a ratchet. I put a clip in, pull the pump and the breech opens and pulls back the cocking handle. I push and the breech closes. Here is a sh!tty attempt at a drawing: The yellow is the clip, the red is the rod and the black is the pump.

Step one

Step two

Step three

#124601 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 30 September 2007 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

My NiteFinder is made with a pvc nested breech barrel, with a SLIGHTLY wider brass over top and deoderant clips. I used 3'' in diameter pvc to make a handle and put a rod through (sp?) the cocking handle and the pump. One pump opens the breech, loads a dart, and cocks the NiteFinder. Gravity with a small bit of steel rod on top works wonderfully to help the clip. I am not posting a write up because of lack of pictures.

Added Note: I did all of those basic things to my NiteFinder. I stretched the spring, added electrical tape to the plunger use extra silicone lubricant, removed the air restrictors and replaced the "laser sight" with a on/off mag light. My next and maybe last mod to my NiteFinder is to add a pocket blaster and 2 cartridge holders which are merely used deodorant sticks.

#124393 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 28 September 2007 - 06:47 PM in General Nerf

I went to school, slept, then went to an internship, and when I camp home my little brother grabbed my dtg and got me in the head at which point I ran to my room and nitefinder'ed his ass.

#126974 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Lynx on 22 October 2007 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

I think you forgot the magical modifications with the magical stefans!-lynx

You already added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole it once...

#121242 Yay I Got A Wii

Posted by Lynx on 26 August 2007 - 09:20 PM in Off Topic

Xbox marketplace much??

It literally owns everything!! Uhhh yeah. Halo 3, Gears of war, Graw 1 and 2, Bioshock, Fallout 3, and many more great games unnamed.

#249494 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Lynx on 03 September 2009 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

Props, it works and so does my 360 now:

Gamertag: Lynx1992:

StreetFighter 4 (I play as Ken/Ryu/Sagat
Star Wars: BattleFront
SW:KotOR

#199716 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Lynx on 30 December 2008 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

EDIT: Unlike three other then recent attempts, this worked. I guess that's my excuse for being a douchebag.

Gamertag: NotPlayingWithYou13YearOlds

Games Played:

NERF
Nerfing

THIS IS A USELESS THREAD! There are others already out there with more names from more respected members, either modders or Nerfers. No one KNOWS the people in this thread since none of you Nerf enough (if at all).

#199365 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2008 - 01:51 PM in Off Topic

A new show on Discovery (not on air yet) that shows what America is doing to the max.

Things that will probably be shown: Pumpkin Cannons, other shit like that...

Either way, the posters have wasted posts to provide that info PLUS a shitty message sent by a new person with poor English, useless information and no contact information.

#199444 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2008 - 09:28 PM in Off Topic

Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

a shitty message sent by a new person with useless information

What are you trying to say Lynx?

I'm saying this (see quote below) was worthless and possibly hurt our chances at being shown/featured...

Hello, My name is Michael and I am from Portland, Oregon. Now you see, I am only 13 years old, and I am going to be interested in your show. But your saying your going to go to interesting hobbys and film them. Now you see, there is this hobby called Nerf. There spring/air powered foam shooting projectiles. These Nerf guns only shoot the foam darts up to 35 feet. That's where the Nerfhaven.com team comes in. We Modify these Nerf guns. We open these guns up, take them apart, add springs, intergrations, Take out the air restrictors, put some awesome paintjobs on them, ect. Some people go completely crazy on these things. Its very interesting and I think your viewers would like this too. Once were done with these, they shoot up to 100 feet at times. There is one air pump gun that shoots up to 180' at times. It makes people bleed. Now you see, there is over thousands of people who do this kind of thing. So why don't you come check us out at Www.nerfhaven.com.

Sincerely, Your friend
Loser

P.S. Here is a couple of examples of our work: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9845&hl= http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9335&hl=
Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

#185931 Wow Look At This

Posted by Lynx on 27 October 2008 - 08:01 PM in Homemades

Read the CoC.

Contribute if you resurrect a thread.

#169743 Would You Rather War At A Park Or A School?

Posted by Lynx on 16 August 2008 - 02:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Be more specific.

Schools can be large and open or mazes. I like the mazing, some like the openness.

A park can be heavily wooded, have a fort or just be a huge field.

I need more specifics.

#170137 Worst Nerf Gun Ever!

Posted by Lynx on 17 August 2008 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

How about, read the Code of Conduct and the recent post by Piney:

In the last couple of weeks, we've let in approximately 2,200 new and pending validations to membership.

That's a lot.

We also have noticed an abundance, a growth if you will, of forum threads and discussions with the following types of characteristics.

-- More "what is your favorite_____________" threads.

*snip*

Enough is enough.

#170519 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Lynx on 19 August 2008 - 01:16 AM in Off Topic

Goddamnit.

I was through this fad when I played it for almost a straight week.

Don't bring me back.

I have a life now.

#132549 Workplace.

Posted by Lynx on 15 December 2007 - 03:14 PM in Homemades

And Ohio...they took my Buckeyes away from me!

#173556 Women Who Nerf: Boost Or Decrease Attractiveness?

Posted by Lynx on 29 August 2008 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

The 13 year-old cock-jockeying isn't going to go anywhere.

Let the 15 year old take over:

It matters what your opinion is before she goes into NERF. What if you switched roles. You would join HER world and impress HER with independence and knowledge.

It is the action of the person, not the end result that matters (most of the time). She acted as a part of her own free will to get more involved in your life. That is why she is more attractive to you.

Note: I'm not a shrink. I just know basic shit like this. Think outside of the situation or as if you were in her shoes.

EDIT: Damn you guys posted fast. By the way, I don't have a girlfriend.

#174129 Wodden Toy Gun.

Posted by Lynx on 01 September 2008 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

Just integrate a 2k with a breech/clip system that is gravity loaded.

You can take a piece of wood, shape it to conform to the front of the gun and connect the pump to that.

Also, you could refurbish it.

Either way you put in a lot of time and effort for something that has been done better and easier before. But it would be custom made and your personal work.

Proceed with caution.

#261310 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 09 January 2010 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I am sort of out of nerf until extra curriculars cool down. End of March is when I can hop back in.

#259787 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 25 December 2009 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't mind me. I'm just a derp.

I like those rules. Just a clarification: If it hits the sword while its on me, does it count?

Also, what are the rules on hitting holsters? I saw this in the Nerf War Etiquette thread and we never really had a clear ruling on it.

#260573 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 03 January 2010 - 01:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it was fun. A total of 6 nerfers, around 20 cookies and 29 recyclers.

I had a good time. Everyone's darts broke, no one's planned gun worked up to their potential (except prince valor's) and I think everyone had a good time.

YAY! I love winter nerfing!

Funny things:
My quiver fail.
The zombie rounds.
Ridiculousness of Coop's opening shots.

#259732 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 25 December 2009 - 08:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Since it is now relevant to my interests: Sword blocking? I would like to say yes so they can be used in the actual 3/15 rounds and not just zombies.

DERP: Also, I was thinking that we should start at 10 (arrive at 9:30) so that we can get some slightly warmer nerfing in. I doubt this would be much of a problem for people if they are local, but cinci/Lakewooders might want to chime in on this.

#260058 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 29 December 2009 - 05:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good. I like those rules. I'm making darts for the war. (Not freezing post glue, just short dunk of water)

edit: Travis Touchdown has spoken for himself. Check my sig.

Weather will be done throughout the week:
Posted Image

#259595 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 22 December 2009 - 07:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired or frozen.

Prince Valor/group: Should I bring two containers for blanks/picked up darts or should we just deal with Coop being pissed off and people losing a shit ton of darts?

#259507 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 21 December 2009 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

About to post, but already done.

Will be there with my 3k and quiver. Cold might freeze out a guest.

Everyone whould bring plenty of darts since, word on the street says, "Shit shatters in the cold when hitting trees and metal". And yes, my method of dart making does make them liable to break or shatter.

EDIT: Let's have a policy on broken darts. I find this to be acceptable:

I will bring 2 containers: One for complete darts, one for broken darts or blanks. Pick them all out and sort them.

#254779 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 28 October 2009 - 10:11 AM in Nerf Wars

December 12th should be good with everyone. I'm a go for it.

#257049 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 22 November 2009 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going, my friend Travis Touchdown and my 1-2 guests will be going with plenty of gear.

Consider yourselves lucky that you will be missing me. Me and my RSCB 3k will see you all in January.

#259061 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 15 December 2009 - 12:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to do a January 2nd war at colerain. I will attend.

How about you guys?

#252835 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 07 October 2009 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Just about as many wars as last year. Lots of new people though and a lot of lost oldies. I want a lot of people here (that means YOU not Columbus person). Its a very fun place:

Address: 2405 Wickliffe Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43221

DATE SET: December 12, 2009
Time: Show up at 9:30-9:45. We are starting with a pistols only lava round at 10am and ending at tired/frozen.

Rules/Regulations:
Don't be a fucking douche wad: Nerf War Etiquette & Talio's relevant post

Bring lunch, water, nerfing supplies (guns, darts, eye wear) and warm clothing. No questionable gear unless deemed okay by the group (this includes pain, ranges and looks of blasters/clothing and whatever you all want). It IS winter so darts hurt more on skin and you ARE in a smaller area. We will do a few different game types that contours to the field such as a modified HvZ, lava (don't touch the mulch), plenty of CtF and assault plus the standards including ghost.

Update: Since I will not be in attendance, I expect all of you to behave (yes, I am a hypocrite). Remember, it IS about (safe) fun. If your gun easily hurts people, say something. Don't expect people to be happy if you cause them severe pain.

All stefans must have their weights attached to the foam with hot glue with the exception of washer/felt tip darts.

Participants list:

Definite: 8 +9-16 = 17 to 24

Coop + 0-2
Hipponater + 2-4
Goggles + 1-2
TravisTouchdown + 2
Prince Valor + 1
father time + 1-3
dog9 + 1
boisie + 1

Possible:
UberKuhlMan + 1
Hdobe5
Crom Strom + 1-2
jedijoe9
thaygor + 1
Brotoslava + 2-3
Black Blade + ?
Kid Flash
tjrowl0926 + 1-2
Twitch

Location pics:
Slideshow.
Picture post 1.
Picture post 2.
The field:
Posted Image

The castle:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#258555 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 09 December 2009 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Might have one. Ask Travis Touchdown (Will).

Update: I didn't send out pm's since I am busy as hell and will be on a plane out of dodge in 6 hours. Also, the unvalidated DD2k will not be in attendance.

Please reread the first post.

#257521 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 29 November 2009 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Keep this thread to stuff pertaining to the war. A 7 post chain about me saying kiddos isn't necessary. Especially when it ends with ggk calling me Coop.

Updates: Still not going to the war, not validated yet, but going: hdobe5 and DeathDart2k, and the war will be awesome. I will send out pm's to the maybes the weekend of Dec 4th.

#253421 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 12 October 2009 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Been a week. Bumpasaurus-ing this. Spread the word beyond NH, guys!

#257910 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 03 December 2009 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated. PM's about maybes are coming this weekend. DO WORK SONS!

#256421 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2009 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Bump. I updated what I saw. I also pm'd father time since he showed up at the Whetstone War yesterday. 2 of my guys are pretty pumped for this and I am getting my winter gear together.

#256850 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 20 November 2009 - 12:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: All stefans must have their weights attatched to the foam with hot glue with the exception of washer/felt tip darts.
The reason behind this is, post sweep of Whetstone, I found about 200 darts. A quarter of them were unusable or found to be dangerous to use since the tip was loose, the weights were not completely covered, and/or the hot glue was completely off.

I post this now since I know some of you do not attach your weights on your darts, and, no matter how hard you look at darts that you pick up, there is a greater element for being plugged with a loose bb dart. The reason we use hot glue for our darts is for protection and attaching them.

To enforce this, I will take a look at a small sample of your darts. If they are not found suitable, you WILL NOT PLAY with them. I have replacements if neccesary.

Remember kiddos, its about safety.