frost vectron's Content

There have been 482 items by frost vectron (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#103332 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by frost vectron on 01 May 2007 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

As seen in the Rattler write-up thread. I just couldn't resist putting her up here too. :D

Posted Image

Old NB-1 CPVC mod (before I had a real digital camera).

Posted Image

Old Ramrod barrel mod.

Posted Image

The only photo I have left of the original Triple-barrel Secret Shot 1.

#142339 The Vulcan

Posted by frost vectron on 23 February 2008 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

I wonder what Hasbro was training us for back when animal-shaped guns shot darts. :unsure:

I believe this answers your question.

That made me laugh. Thanks for that! :unsure:

#144149 The Vulcan

Posted by frost vectron on 06 March 2008 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

If anyone is going to do that, do yoursevles a favor and go with lithium-ions.

We don't live in the stone age anymore...

Anyhow, I'm a little sick of checking this thread all the time to see if the damn thing is out yet. Anyone care to post a little something on the front page once it's actually out?

#142295 The Vulcan

Posted by frost vectron on 23 February 2008 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me or is hasbro secretly trying to teach kids how to use squad automatic weaponesque nerf guns to train future soldiers?

I wonder what Hasbro was training us for back when animal-shaped guns shot darts. :unsure:

#126586 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by frost vectron on 18 October 2007 - 09:07 PM in Darts and Barrels

I use ACE foam.

It is a little dark, but I like it. It isn't super over-sized like most other FBR brands. It is a little tight in CPVC, but works great in 9/16" brass (and most likely OMC's PETG as well, though I have not tried yet).

#127252 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by frost vectron on 24 October 2007 - 10:19 PM in News

While I'm not as excited as other members about this new gun...

...Thanks for the insider info, OMC. It is greatly appreciated.

I agree with FA_24. I am really glad Hasbro is making a completely new Nerf gun rather than re-making old stuff.

#105386 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by frost vectron on 14 May 2007 - 02:06 AM in General Nerf

In the general order that I obtained them:

Secret Shot 1
Ramrod
NB-1
Rattler
Ballzooka
Ripsaw
Razorbeast
Supermaxx1500
Supermaxx5000
Lock 'n Load
Lock 'n Load
Triplestrike
Secretshot II
Triple Torch
Triple Torch
Airzone Bazooka..thing
Vortex Tornado
Nitroquad
Motorized Ballzooka
Eagle Eye
Vortex Powerstrike
Vortex Tornado x2
Nitefinder
Longshot
Big Bad Bow
Firefly
Chainblazer

I think that's it... I might have forgotten some. I am pretty sure that's too many guns.

#111094 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by frost vectron on 13 June 2007 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

I like to rotate guns, so the game is never the same. Once the ownage is too intense, I switch them out for something else.

I also have extra guns to loan out to friends too. Guns are fun to mod and collect (for me).

#115230 Avatars

Posted by frost vectron on 10 July 2007 - 12:11 AM in Site Feedback

I had been waiting for some more StarWars avatars. Thank you very much, Julie. You have made a nerd happy.

#135591 +bow

Posted by frost vectron on 11 January 2008 - 03:47 AM in Homemades

Bravo, Captain Slug!

Your work never fails to amaze me. That turreted +Bow looks incredible! I'd love to see a side-by-side shot with FA_24's Doomsayer.

I think you did a great job capturing the essense of the original Crossbow and adding to it. I read through the instruction guide, and I must say that this gun is built to survive! The entire thing must be incredibly robust!

Again, great job!

#138273 +bow

Posted by frost vectron on 02 February 2008 - 07:24 PM in Homemades

I've got a quick question, CS, about the parts list.

On page 13, you listed parts that are bought in bulk and then other sets of parts.

87225K61 - Gray Tinted Polycarbonate Sheet 1/4" Thick, 12" X 12" = $13.53 Each

85805K26 - Gray Tinted Polycarbonate Sheet 1/8" Thick, 12" X 12" = $5.16 Each

but then over at http://www.captainsl...om/plusbow.html, the parts list says:

85805K43 - Gray Tinted Polycarbonate Sheet 1/4" Thick, 12" X 24" = $18.71 Each

85805K26 - Gray Tinted Polycarbonate Sheet 1/8" Thick, 12" X 12" = $5.16 Each

So my question is: are we supposed to buy the 1/4" Thick 12" x 24" or the 1/4" thick 12" x 12" ?

Thanks again!

On another note, I PM'd you about some other plus-bow related things. Sorry for bothering you!

#136443 Lancer

Posted by frost vectron on 19 January 2008 - 03:09 AM in Modifications

Stunning piece of artwork, Angel!

I'm working on a gun that utilizes LEDs too.

LEDs + guns + nerf = amazingly fun stuff! :lol:

Does that chainsaw make a menacing noise when it's running, or is it silent?

#110659 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by frost vectron on 11 June 2007 - 06:21 AM in Off Topic

I'm glad people are finally putting Star Wars up. I love the movie and am a complete Star Wars junkie/nerd/collector/prop-maker.

#131560 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by frost vectron on 07 December 2007 - 02:15 AM in General Nerf

I think I just spotted an ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun on Stargate: Atlantis (Season 1, "The Eye").

Posted Image

They do look a little different, though, so I can't confirm it.

#130237 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by frost vectron on 20 November 2007 - 04:05 AM in General Nerf

Nerf sightings eh?
Here we go.

Married with children. I saw Peggy bud and kelly unload on Al Bundy with Ballzookas.

The late show with David letterman, I saw him on load on buttercup with a tommy 20.

In Andromeda, I saw Nichian warriors holding painted and fully propped out SM3K's. Looked very shiny. It was in this one episode that involved a lake.

I was just watching the bonus dvd on Gears of War and I noticed they used At3K's and At4K's in the making of the game. They attached probes to them and then digitally turned them into Lancers and such. Can you imagine a Nerf Lancer!
The guys who created Gears of war shoot each other with nerf guns randomly during the work day. Guns seen were a BBB, AT3K, AT4K and a maverick.

In camp nowhere I remember seeing an Arrowstorm.

I am sure I have seen more, will edit later when I remember them.

Funny you mention Andromeda.

Some of the Nietzchian warriors, Genites, and other random aliens use a really pimped out Vortex Tornado. I never noticed the SM3K's... will have to look at them again! ^_^

#124705 Doomsayer

Posted by frost vectron on 01 October 2007 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

I'm with everybody else on the "Hot damn, rear loading barrels" bandwagon.

Incredible stuff, as always--not just the mod, but the write-up and videos as well.

*Thumbs up*

#124809 Doomsayer

Posted by frost vectron on 02 October 2007 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

So can someone explain to me why Angel is getting flack for doing a great mod?

Seriously guys... clear your head of expectations before you read a write-up--it makes you look like a moron when you post.

#117546 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by frost vectron on 29 July 2007 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Really? That is weird. For my Sawtooth mod, I had posted 10 photos in the first post. If I put 11, it would tell me I couldn't post it. So then I hit "Add Reply" and posted another post with 10 in it. Instead of making them two posts by me, it shrunk it down into 1 post with 20 photos in it. I couldn't edit it though because it had more than 10.

Really strange. Sorry 'bout that snide remark earlier in that case.

Oh yeah... Angel, I just noticed that you have a lot of scary stuff in your house! That clown is the embodiment of evil, I swear.

#117542 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by frost vectron on 29 July 2007 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

That is an incredible piece of work, angel.

I now understand the deeper meaning to this:

This thread is hilarious. :D

Hehehe. How many shots before you have to refill that 3000 psi tank? The blinking red lights in combination with the clear PETG and spacers create a beautiful effect.

I don't have an RF20, but how do they compare to Wildfires? Do you think a barrel replacement on a Wildfire would be as effective as on the RF20?

I would have never imagined your ultimate project would be so... ultimate! :angry:

By the way, why the hell did people keep posting shit inbetween the mod? If you guys didn't post your useless ".."s, the entire mod would have been compressed to one, continuous post.

EDIT: Ignore the last couple lines. My bad--sorry guys!

#113553 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by frost vectron on 28 June 2007 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Well I'm not one to promote my own stuff, but I do want them to be in this spiffy new video directory, so...

From the Rattler Mod
From the Chainblazer Mod

That's it for now, more to come later (most likely at the bottom of all my write-ups).

EDIT on 6/29/07: From the SM5000 Mod

#117478 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by frost vectron on 29 July 2007 - 01:27 AM in General Nerf

I for one would really love to see the armageddon 2007 video. Does anybody know if Groove made a Chronicles of an East Coast Nerfer for this year? The one in 2006 was the shit!

#117440 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by frost vectron on 28 July 2007 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

I remember I read that Angel blows down his barrel. If there is a lot of air escaping, then there's a bad seal.

It's normal to hear a little bit of air escaping fron the around the plunger head area, I think.

#155730 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by frost vectron on 13 May 2008 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

Mechwarrior series, Freespace series, X-Wing series

'Nuff said. I'm a joystick fan.

#117004 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by frost vectron on 24 July 2007 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

1/2" CPVC will not normally fit inside of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC. It is barely too tight.

19/32" Brass will make a perfect fit inside of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC. 9/16" or 17/32" will require a little E-tape.

#116973 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by frost vectron on 24 July 2007 - 04:27 AM in Modifications

I have never seen thinwall PVC before for 1/2".

That is some sick stuff.

#138914 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by frost vectron on 06 February 2008 - 12:56 AM in General Nerf

If I could bring back any thread from the past six years, this would not be one of them.

[This is a hint to everyone that did not realize the original post date of this thread].

#108095 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by frost vectron on 29 May 2007 - 12:43 AM in Off Topic

I play da bitches!

#110381 Starbuck/modding Service

Posted by frost vectron on 10 June 2007 - 05:18 AM in General Nerf

I know this is an old thread, but...

reading over it, I couldn't help but notice:

A lot of people jump to Starbuck's defense after the guns have not arrived for several months. He is "busy with other things", etc.

Sure you can be busy with other things, but to not check/reply to PM's, E-mails?! That is truly ridiculous. I hope you all realize that if you're busy with shit, you go send out a notice to all your customers. I'm sure they would understand if you told them. To disappear and be busy with "other things" and refuse to communicate is utter bullshit and a formula for bad business.

I'm sorry to hear about your guns. What a bitch.

#138252 The Snap-duo

Posted by frost vectron on 02 February 2008 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

I likey.

Again, great job Carbon for bringing homemade plunger guns so far!

I bet you could rig up a SNAP-Quattro without making the thing all that much bigger.

#140061 The Snap-duo

Posted by frost vectron on 13 February 2008 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

The black leather really reminds me of batman.

I really like how it turned out.

Another great creation by Carbon!

#110382 Couplered Big Blast

Posted by frost vectron on 10 June 2007 - 05:21 AM in Modifications

If you're using the tan CPVC stuff, you might need a shorter barrel depending on how tight it is on your darts.

#121937 Sneak Peak

Posted by frost vectron on 02 September 2007 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I just saw this thing going around e-bay yesterday. Glad to know that it is awesome!

#126377 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by frost vectron on 16 October 2007 - 02:57 PM in General Nerf

Well I don't care much about the colors. I put green for sake of changing things up.

As for price, 35 cents / foot doesn't seem an unreasonable price--whatever helps you recover that $5000 quickly.

For me, modding season is the summer. Being away from home for school also takes me away from my garage, tools, and guns.

Goodluck with this, Angel, and thanks in advance for the huge contribution.

#105357 What Should I Buy?

Posted by frost vectron on 13 May 2007 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

Savings account.

#130326 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by frost vectron on 21 November 2007 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

This is only part of it... I'm not gonna bother with listing all the guns in this photo.

Notable guns in this photo are: SM5000 and the Rattler.

#123005 Angels Bbb

Posted by frost vectron on 14 September 2007 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

I know that moses has been already corrected for posting in a thread that is extremely old and out of date, but I thought I'd touch on something else.

I hope I'm not stepping on Piney or One Man Clan's toes here, but as a modder, I'd like to express this one out.

Moses, you ask for an entire listing of what is needed in terms of materials and what needs to be done to complete this mod. What escapes me, is, you are in the correct place for both. The first post in this thread has everything you need, and Forsaken Angel even updates his mod with new steps to make things easier and better for you.

This is what is called a modification write-up. It allows others to duplicate this modification. It's sole purpose for existing is to help people, like yourself, build incredible nerf guns. If you took the time to actually read the entire thing, you would know that all the information you seek is already in there. Why the post about asking for everything handed to you in a nutshell? It's already there! Angel and myself spend a lot of time documenting modifications and writing these things up. The effort required to read the thing is a whole lot less than the effort spent in writing it.

I can tell that you haven't read the mod at all because your question isn't even specific. It's all there. If you get confused about a step, then I suggest you PM the mod creator (or others that have successfully duplicated the mod) for advice. Do not ask them for a write-up (a list of all that is needed and approximate amounts and steps to building it) because that is already right here.

Seriously man, that's the entire reason write-ups exist. Utilize that. Asking for things like you did is like asking us to package everything you need to know in a concise, clear manner.

Then of course, that is exactly what mod write-ups are.

#139285 Arachnophobia Ii

Posted by frost vectron on 08 February 2008 - 06:45 AM in Modifications

This gun is bitchin'! I would also like to see a video of this thing in action!

#108255 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by frost vectron on 29 May 2007 - 08:01 PM in Homemades

Two people calling somebody else a "dumb shit" have both misused the word "your".

So:

You're
all dumb shits.

#109676 Modding Basics

Posted by frost vectron on 06 June 2007 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

Same here. You have to bore out the PVC with a dremel to get the CPVC to fit.

Other people have put their CPVC on a lathe and thinned the walls until it fits in the PVC.

#113098 My Real Hobby...

Posted by frost vectron on 26 June 2007 - 01:14 AM in Off Topic

The most memorable battlebot was Mechadon, for me.

The six legged design and un-flipability was unique and stands out in my memory.