Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125691 Custom Longshot Modification Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 10 October 2007 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

A good alternative is to head over to a nearby swapmeet and browse their airsoft selection. (if they have any). Most of the time you'll be able to get your hands on a cool looking rifle. Can't guarantee it will perform fantastic as an airsoft gun, but if you want to do something like mkbae then that is what I suggest. The swapmeet that is nearby me sells the 10mm paintball gun for pretty cheap as well so I'm sure you might be able to find one of those at the swap meet as well.

#125905 Squishy's Firefly Night Combat Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 11 October 2007 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

I have actually done this myself. I just cut out the plastic on the front and flipped the flasher up and to the side. It's inside the gun itself which probably reduces the brightness a tad. Good job man. I haven't tried it at night though so tell us how it works. <_<

#125913 Zombie Games.

Posted by Cannonball on 12 October 2007 - 12:31 AM in General Nerf

Since you bumped it already, and we are still on the topic of playing at night and using some kind of illumination, I'd like to share a link to a good flashlight site. www.surefire.com.

Their G2 Nitrolon is pretty affordable and is one of the best flashlights you could possibly get. It's drastically brighter then a large maglite but fits in your palm. I own one myself, not just for the nerfing/airsofting, but for camping and stuff. I'm positive this light would have a greater effect on people then a camera flash.

Just thought I'd share something that might help a bit.

#125914 Nerf Guns For 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 12 October 2007 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

Thats going to be hella awesome!

This has now progressed to the point where it is too painful to read. I won't spoil it for cmdrmack's sake, though.

Damn I'm stupid so cmdrmack just made that up.

I now understand why there are Emo kids..

#126004 Squishy's Firefly Night Combat Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 13 October 2007 - 02:05 AM in Modifications

sounds like it'd break easily. I was toying with idea of replacing the "laser" sight on a nitefinder with a disposable camera's flash bulb. I think that'd be a little better then a 'flash nade" because it wouldn't be tossed around and potentially broken.

#126109 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 14 October 2007 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

I've been checking the forums out for a while now so I thought I should at least put something up. Here's my Longshot and Nitefinder.

Posted Image

#126540 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2007 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

Pink hot glue is fuckin' gross looking. Nice integration though. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

-butt

It looks like polygrip or some other denture adhesive...

I think it goes pretty well with an already purple gun.

#126542 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2007 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

Longbow, that LS looks amazing, I feel like I've seen it in a movie or something though.
Cannonball, nice LS mod. What did you use for the grip?

thanks man. It was actually the grip from an old spring airsoft grenade launcher that I had laying around.

#126925 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 22 October 2007 - 12:35 AM in Modifications

Oh man, I'm looking forward to reading that write-up. Nice job. keep up the good work.

#127618 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by Cannonball on 26 October 2007 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

There's no problems at NerfHaven.

Only uptight members and trolls from airsoft and paintball who want to prove something, somehow, by messing with the normal members' minds.

No fences or walls holding any of us in. We are free to leave if we don't like how things are done here.

Or, we can show you the door...that method usually comes with lots of fanfare, sometimes quite silently.

No problems.

-Piney-

hey hey, not all of the airsoft trolls are douche bags, or am I the only exception?

#127642 Almost Done Homemade Just Missing Something

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:25 AM in Homemades

you could make one, or you could use a bike pump

#127643 Crossbows

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:28 AM in Homemades

you should probably replace your name with lucy in your quote there buddy.

#127644 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:47 AM in News

OMC = :rolleyes: at Hasbro.

-Piney-

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

#127770 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 12:55 AM in News

No, the plunger assembly in the LS is twice as long as this pistol.

No, it's not. Just compare the Recon (with out the fake barrel and laser) to the Longshot Carbine mod. it looks exactly the same. I'm guessing that the only difference is the way that the plunger catches on the Recon (since the stock is removable).

Ok, so then it'd be all of the goodies of the longshot that fills up that monster squeezed into the pistolesque Recon. Here's hoping Hasbro figured out how to do that.

#127771 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

pretty sweet. I was going to do the four ammo holder into the crap light holder thing but keep the bottom ones as well. I ppked mine though. looks clean though.

#127822 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 02:43 PM in News

I was speaking of the center part with all of the attachments removed since they house nothing important. without all of that crap on it, it is similar to a pistol hence the usage of "pistolesque"

you basically expressed my point while making me look stupid at the same time.

#128103 Halloween Pumpkins!

Posted by Cannonball on 31 October 2007 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

My amateur attempt at Chuck Norris last year.
Posted Image

I just tried my hand at scraping this year. Nothing too large scale, just the eclipse design from Heroes.

2 more pumpkins to go so We'll see what happens.

#128222 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by Cannonball on 01 November 2007 - 02:20 PM in Off Topic

happy birthday FA

#128765 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 05 November 2007 - 11:53 PM in News

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.

that or the rails from the sight and the 'laser" can be used if they turn out to be pretty much useless. Who knows though right?

#128908 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:25 AM in News

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.

Oh I know, I just wanted to feel good about contributing to the discussion. That's looking at the bright side though. If it is in fact useless, like you stated, it's a shell for integration which is also removable. I'm pretty psyched for that.

#128909 At2k Mod: Awesome, But....

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

I know the question wasn't directed to me but...
If you've got a crappy gun or something else with a pump then you can replace it with that. That's the beauty of spare parts.

feel free to cuss me out if you want jwasko. I won't hold it against ya. :blush:

#128933 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I just picked up a pair earlier this week, so for those of you who are wondering if they are still around, they are.

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate one into my longshot carbine right now though. Pics when I figure it out.

#129609 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Oh , I think I know what you are talking about. It shoots these yellow rockets. comes with 2. I worked on one. If it is what I think it is then you can just take out the small plastic screen over the end of the barrel inside the gun and fit a micro in there. should be ok range. Nothing spectacular. I don't think it's worth it though. I did a barrel replacement and it didn't really help much. Then again I wasn't brave enough to dissect the pump casing either since it's sealed shut.

#129619 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure that's it. when I get home Ill put a pic up to see if cornman can identify. As far as I know it's some "no name" brand. I think it's something like ES toys? I haven't seen the SB though so that could be it.

#129682 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Alright, I'm thinking it was this:
Posted Image

If it isn't then I have no idea what gun it is. Here's hoping it is so we know what you're talking about.

#129684 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

Sorry to hijack this thread Cornman. Here is a picture of the internals.
Posted Image

At first it looked to be at least a decent gun. See that white tube, it fits micros quite well.

with all of that though, the micros fell short of hitting the wall at the end of my hall.

that whole back end though where the pump is located is sealed but removable from the gun itself (follow?). I didn't want to cut it open so I don't know if there was something else I could do to it.

#129771 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 04:06 PM in Homemades

If I were You, I'd use the search function instead of posting in this thread without a gun to speak of. If you are looking to build one, I'd suggest studying what's been done via the homemade gun directory.

#129780 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 05:30 PM in News

I don't really like the look of the stock. The way the mag is going to fit in there is something I don't like either. If I ever get one I may just replace it with a spare m4 stock I've got lying around.

#129816 Popbottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 09:42 PM in Homemades

popbottle rocket= 2 liter bottle with fins and nose cone filled with water and pumped with a bike pump. It's one of those grade school like experiments. Am I the only person who thought those were cool when I was a kid? In any case, it would basically be an air powered homemade gun. Nothing new.

#129818 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 09:47 PM in News

Well of course I could do that, but from what I can see I don't think it will be too hard to fabricate a removable stock using the existing stock components.

Has Hasbro ever even rereleased any blasters? I'm just curious, and not saying it in a jackass sarcastic sort of manner. Just wanted to clarify that.

#129973 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 17 November 2007 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

To get the one off of my secret shot, I pressed it against a table till it popped off. make sure you hold it with both hands and apply the most pressure on the plunger head or you may bend the plunger rod.

#130064 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Cannonball on 18 November 2007 - 03:28 AM in General Nerf

In Galaxy quest there is a Secret shot 2 and a lightning blitz and I think some other blasters held by some people dressed in alien costumes in the crowd. I watched it the other day. when the bad alien dude come out of the space ship I think a couple of foam arrows fly at him. I think that is the most I've ever seen.

#130065 Inter Continental Nerf Missile

Posted by Cannonball on 18 November 2007 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

you could use a thin cloth/tissue/towel to pull the little pieces of foam out of the back end. 1, maybe even 2 corners of the cloth would be enough to be connected to the plug to pull out the darts in the rocket, yet allow them to fall when they are out of it.

#130732 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 26 November 2007 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

I plan on using PETG as a barrel for a Secret Shot 2. Now I saw Baghead's mod in the directory but I haven't decided if I was going to use his UBS on mine. What would you guys recommend? It may be a noob question or what not, but I've been doing some research on it and I'd rather not risk ruining my gun. Also, should I go with the barrel length he used (6 inches) or go for something else?

#130748 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 26 November 2007 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

I should have reworded that part. I should have said I don't want to risk ruining it some stupid way. Basically I want to know what I'm doing before I start so I don't mess up you know?

Thanks for the help Sam. So just slap on a coupler made of brass? I'm new to working with brass and PETG as you can see.

#130770 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 27 November 2007 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate the help. I'll keep all of this in mind when I work on it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Now I need to see a man about some PETG

#130772 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by Cannonball on 27 November 2007 - 01:09 AM in General Nerf

I guess no one is desperate enough to take that xbow off that guy's hands. You'd think he'd learn by now.

#130779 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by Cannonball on 27 November 2007 - 02:37 AM in General Nerf

Some things, Like the Crossbow, need to be left to retire and die. A re-release, as stated by almost everyone (who matters) above would be terrible. That's like a terrible sequel to a really good movie/movies. Like Jurassic Park 3. way to kill something I loved since I was a kid. Or a better example: The next Indiana Jones movie. You can't bring it back after so long. It just won't be the same.

#131510 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 06 December 2007 - 07:50 PM in News

ya, it definitely doesn't look big-hand friendly. hopefully that is not the case. I don't see a problem with speculating though.

#131551 Barnett Crossbow

Posted by Cannonball on 07 December 2007 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

I got one as a xmas present a couple of years ago. It's pretty cool for shooting around the house with the darts they provide. I think you'd need some thick darts to shoot out of it though.