Kid Flash's Content

There have been 1000 items by Kid Flash (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#118170 Mavrick Tube Repair

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 August 2007 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

awesome but bad... if i had seen this about 3 weeks ago i wouldnt have had to buy a new maverick. oh well. now ill have 2 working mavs. might even atach a little mcdonalds toy key ring to it :(

#118227 Da Psp

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 August 2007 - 11:11 PM in Off Topic

im sure people probably told these before but... the games are pretty cool i only have justice league, need for speed carbon, and grand theft auto liberyt city stories tho. music is good too. video is awesome. internet... well if only it was able to be everywhere. i mean on wifi it still rocks tho. just my friend doesnt have it so we play over here with em. lol. thats my opinion.

overall rating: 9/10(better than all the nintendo portable stuff)

#118275 Well I Need Some Help

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

well i broke my scout cocking mech... heres some pics. anyone know how to fix it? how to put one of those "re-enforced" cocking mechs on it...

http://i210.photobuc...re/DSC00813.jpg
my scout... an ammo box full of darts... some petg... and some springs.

http://i210.photobuc...re/DSC00814.jpg
my scouts cocking mech... sort of blurry...

http://i210.photobuc...re/DSC00817.jpg
a close up of the broken part on my scouts cocking mech...

#118279 Well I Need Some Help

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

i have never seen a bolt that skinny tho. i have a small hollow metal tube thats skinny but not skinny enough.

#118281 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 07:48 PM in General Nerf

i got the disk shot a couple weeks ago at a toys r us... its pretty cool but i didnt buy the pack where you get the sight and the launcher... just the gun and some disks...

#118288 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

i got the disk shot a couple weeks ago at a toys r us... its pretty cool but i didnt buy the pack where you get the sight and the launcher... just the gun and some disks...

It's not a sight. It's the remote for the disk launcher. I suppose that if you have a CTF game and glue down the tab on the bottom of the launcher, and then put it sideways aiming near the flag, you would have a decent static defense, but other than that using the thing as a weapon isn't practical.

oh... i thought it was just something to make it look cool...lol. like the longshot scope.

#118290 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

omfg...i have to try this... but if i fail then its like 50-60 bucks gone forever... so is that a co2 tank? if so i could just attach a small 9oz tank to my gun... that way its not too majorly heavy like a 20 oz co2 tank...

#118292 First Homemade In A Long Time

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 09:14 PM in Homemades

its very cool... is it possible that you could talk through the steps of making it and possibly take pictures of what to do to make it? that would be awesome to make. bit extreme though since i just play with my freind in his basement tho... but so is my titan ^_^

thankyou,
Ben

EDIT:
where is the clip in the picture on the gun? is it not attached?

#118300 First Homemade In A Long Time

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 09:33 PM in Homemades

where is the clip in the picture on the gun? is it not attached?

It's the tube behind the barrel. It's an in-line clip, like Frost's Sawtooth and my current SNAP-4 setup: a looser tube leading to a tighter barrel.

oh... ok. i can see what it is now. thankyou.

#118303 Rfr Strap

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

im sorry for such a stupid post... whats a rfr?

#118305 First Homemade In A Long Time

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 09:57 PM in Homemades

Kid flash, I will try to make a diagram of how to make the gun, though it is really simple.

sorry im pretty stupid when it comes to homemades...

#118318 Rfr Strap

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 August 2007 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Rapid Fire Rifle.

oh. ok. do they sell those anywhere besides KB?

PINEY: Please use the SHIFT key, proper captialization. I let it go for 18 posts. Yes, we are that picky. Thank you.

#118346 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

its not totally like the nf on the inside. about 95 percent of it is tho. and its very simple to mod and i get about 75 feet with my stefans in it...

#118347 I Think My Firefly Is Defective

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 08:54 AM in Modifications

i was actually given a firefly from my neighbor nextdoor... he left it in his parents trunk the whole time so i figured heat made it crappy... after i took out the air restrictors it got about 20-30 feet tops. before i was lucky to get 10 feet.

#118348 Well I Need Some Help

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 08:56 AM in Modifications

You could try epoxying the rod in place. Otherwise, I'd see if I could find a slightly longer rod to run it through the sides of the slide.

where would i buy a longer rod... the closest thing ive seen to that rod is a little wooden dowell rod.

#118349 The Hornette

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 09:05 AM in Modifications

i was going to just sell my extra hornet but now i think im going to try and make one like yours... is it possible for you to make a writeup? and id love to see the ranges.

#118353 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 09:43 AM in General Nerf

There are so many problems. First they put tht annoying button on the bottom, which prevents it shootng anywhere but straight up. That's a quick fix though--you just tape it down. However, it has an annoying countdown before the shot goes off, it makes a lot of noise as it revs the motor inside to shoot the disc, and these hideous beeping noises go off in the "3-2-1" countdown before the shot, basically annhilating any of its possible uses as a sentry gun. Oh, and the remote is really short-range, and infrared. You'd think for fifty bucks that you could make it fire from a long way away. I wish they'd have just made a sentry gun and not this piece of trash. This is even worse than the Tech Target.

The discs fly up about five feet I'd say, maybe less. The shots are too far apart to really make the game any fun, and six discs isn't that much target practice. Even 12 is still not. For $50, this thing could have held 50 discs. The gun is exactly like a stock Nite Finder. I have yet to see internals, but feel, range, and accuracy are all par with the NF.

All in all, this toy sucks. I'm surprised by its shitty quality. Hasbro is letting the Nerf brand rest on its laurels.

it is not totally like the nf on the inside. at least open it before you say its exactly like the nf.

#118361 Well I Need Some Help

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

If you drill holes in the sides of the cocking mechanism (where the rod would be), you can go to your local hardware store (bring the spring that pulls the rod forward, and the gray cocking handle), and search through their bolts/nails/screws/nuts bins to find one that's long and thin enough to fit through the cocking handle.

Then just insert, screw the nut on, and you're done.

Posted Image

alright... ill try that. thankyou.

#118441 Well I Need Some Help

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 August 2007 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

i fixed it! thankyou for all the help everyone.

#118531 Darts In The Dryer?

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

In deed rubber is flamable. I start campfires with rubber floor mats from a car. Its a very bad idea to dry rubber in the dryer.

I edited this post for gramar mistakes. Im sorry OMC.

#118553 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

I did just like a mod suggested i cut an inch off the front of the barrel. I was just going to put a peice of petg down it with some electrical tape but just long enough so i could fire darts and the arrows. it doesnt fir the arrows or darts now... is there something i could do?

Thankyou
Ben

Edit: i did a search already...

#118557 Cutting A Breech Without A Dremel Tool?

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

Did you try using a hacksaw?

quick edit:

it would be hard with the corners but if you cut at angles it is possible...

#118561 Cutting A Breech Without A Dremel Tool?

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

Did you try using a hacksaw?

Idk how I'd cut a 90 degree angle with a hackssaw

well im not sure if his will turn out but.

-------\-------------/--------
\-----------/
------------------------------
well just make those angles match up and ta da. it would be easier than a 90 degree.

#118567 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 10:07 PM in Modifications

well i didnt stick it down all the way yet. i tried and fired it didnt work. The petg fits my darts perfectly. It was about 3 inches of petg. Without the petg the arrows still dont fire so that wasnt the problem. is there something import in the first inch of the barrel?

#118579 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 10:46 PM in Modifications

http://img237.images...dsc00842xm6.jpg
so just take out that little white plus shaped stick and leave the circle and im done then?

#118587 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

alright. thanks a bunch. im going to try it out tomorrow.

#118589 Nerfers In Tennesse

Posted by Kid Flash on 06 August 2007 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

look at the stickies...

#118619 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

at first i didnt want to open the gun so i was wondering if i could do anything else to it.

#118688 Need Some Help With My Bbb

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

Hey flash, have you tried the mod?

Notice any improvements?

hell yeah theres improvements. my arrows still work too (that was my main concern). i get about 45-50 feet with micros but i havent tried measuring the arrows. thankyou very much.

#118689 Silencers

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

i am currently working on a beer bottle silencer. im going to post it when i get it to actually silence a gun. please not that it will look stupid though.

#118691 This Is A Really Quick Question About A Manta Ray

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

what is a good price for these? without darts but has original box?

where do i buy darts that will fit it? are they still available in stores?

#118695 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

i havent seen these in stores. are they still around or are they new? for 90ft it must be worth whatever it costs.

#118696 This Is A Really Quick Question About A Manta Ray

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:24 PM in General Nerf

are you serious? i just got a really good deal. i was at the thrift store with my granny and i saw it. it was marked 5 bucks but it was 50 percent off... i just got it for 2.66 including tax. and it works!

#118698 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

wow thats cheap... almost as much as a nf but it gets 30 feet more. (unless you include all the liars that post absurd ranges)

#118703 This Is A Really Quick Question About A Manta Ray

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:46 PM in General Nerf

that is just amazing though. i always go and look but i never find any. so i figured i ight as well look around and bam there it was.

#118725 Home Field Pics

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

well i play in my friends basement. The next time i go over there ill take a pic. (if my parents let me take the camera.)

i would love to have a huge place like that to play.

#118736 Wow!

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 06:20 PM in Off Topic

thats an old article... i read it in i think in may. But yeah. people go to the extremes and i wish i lived there.

darn. Pineaple beat me.

#118750 Home Field Pics

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

It's the University of Cincinnati! I didn't know you were in Ohio... you should con your parents into driving you down sometime on a Friday night.

i might try. when you guys play do you accept modded titans? i heard some wars dont. also what time?

#118751 This Is A Really Quick Question About A Manta Ray

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

hmm... ok. if its 20 then i think ill keep it and mod it. thankyou.

(more estimates wanted though)

#119783 Modding A Firefly

Posted by Kid Flash on 15 August 2007 - 08:01 AM in Modifications

you could put 1/2 inch cpvc in the barrels however i dont know if it would help. it would involve dremeling out a lot of the plastic too. i just think that would be too much work. you could put a new spring into it.

thats all i really have to suggest. have fun modding.

(oh yes. i recomend that you get a nitefinder. they are very easy to mod and you can get about 50-60 feet flat with them.