Home Field Pics

Post 'em here!

21 replies to this topic

#1 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Well, I thought it'd be cool for everyone to share some pics of their home fields that they usually play on. Right now we're playing outside of our normal building, so the pics are from the courtyard where we nerf it on up.

Here's a view of the left (and generally the more favored) side of our playing field. Notice the "Teeth" sticking out of the ground that make for perfect obstacles and objects of cover. I guess that's what we get for living on one of the most "Architecturally Advanced" campuses in the country...

Posted Image

A view of the opposing side, with open area, "forest", and another pathway:

Posted Image

A cool sepia shot of the left side:

Posted Image

Let's see what else you guys have!

#2 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

I envy you.I really don't have a place to play nerf around ehre with my friends.Only one iof them plays nerf and he doesn't mod.I live in New York.I also live in an apartment complex and it looks 400x worse than yours.I play nerf in an area that looks like a transexual hobo's rat infested toilet.Not to mention i usually only play with 2 or 3 people.You know how people say that New York is exciting?That's a butt load of mutated sheep shit. <_<
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

well i play in my friends basement. The next time i go over there ill take a pic. (if my parents let me take the camera.)

i would love to have a huge place like that to play.

Edited by Kid Flash, 07 August 2007 - 05:32 PM.

#4 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

It's the University of Cincinnati! I didn't know you were in Ohio... you should con your parents into driving you down sometime on a Friday night.

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

NO SPAM =

Posted Image

and sometimes it =

Posted Image

The first pic is a little outdated. The parking lot has been replaced with an awesome 3-story playground.

[Why Google satellite? Because you asked, and I'm too lazy to dig up war albums that have people, not scenery, in them anyways]
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

It's the University of Cincinnati! I didn't know you were in Ohio... you should con your parents into driving you down sometime on a Friday night.

i might try. when you guys play do you accept modded titans? i heard some wars dont. also what time?

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

I guess I'd better get some pictures of my school's Student Union, then. ^_^

#8 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:13 AM

Holy ****

Your campus has Protoss Pylons for lights?!!

PS, uh SK, I live in NY so I don't know what you're complaining about. But if you want to see what everyone talks about, go to Time Square at Midnight-Morning... it's freaking Vegas... w/o the Gambling.

Edited by b00m13, 09 August 2007 - 01:17 AM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#9 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:43 AM

We require more additional pylons.

#10 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

Posted Image

#11 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

Okay guys, you're all very funny, haha. Back on topic please.

#12 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

The University at Buffalo Student Union.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Thom, 10 August 2007 - 07:55 PM.

#13 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:04 PM

Holy cow, that looks sweet! Especially that walkway, looks like fun. And the university doesn't care if you use it? Man, we should start getting groups together and having intercollegiate nerf wars lol.

#14 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

It is, without doubt, the most awesome Nerfing venue ever. It takes some paperwork to get it, though. I'm working on a war for Oct. 28, but I'm still working on getting the Union; not many clubs ever want the whole things, so I'll probably have to go a step or two up the bureaocracy. We get it no problem during UBCon because the gaming club literally has the whole building for more than two days, but I'm trying to get the October war registered as a "Late Night UB" event. If that works, we not only get free space but they pay us to give people something to do on Saturday other than get hammered. If not, we'll have it in Baldy Hall, which is not bad but not nearly as badass.

#15 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Thom, you lucky ass bastard. That looks freaking sweet. I would just worry about maybe slipping, but I'm sure the right shoes would work. And also would maybe to get some trash cans for cover in the middle. But thats easy enough.

I don't actually have any pictures of where I nerf, and don't feel like Google mapping it. But if Falcon ever posts where he nerfs, then that's where I do, too. And also, if you look at the Armageddon recap thread, that's where I nerf.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#16 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Slipping isn't a problem; I went shoeless for most of it to cut the noise. I'm bringing slipper socks next time; that should be a good compromise between noise and grip.

Actually, surprisingly little nerfing happened in the ground floor of the lobby because the proximity of the respawn table made it rather moot.

#17 sniper25

sniper25

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Thom the place looks kick ass. The cool thing is I am really interested in going to the architecture school at u at b. Ive been in that union and i was thinking, what an awesome place to nerf. what are you going to UB for.
Mr. pink of ugns

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

#18 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

Computer science. It's the best of both worlds – it's technically part of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, so we get to use the machine shop in Jarvis, but we're not in the Engineering department, so we aren't required to take the safety/orientation course.

I have no idea how the School of Architecture is, but bear in mind that your classes (and almost certainly your dorm) would be on the South campus, not on the North campus with the Student Union, although there's a shuttle about every five minutes.

#19 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Both those fields look very unique. Do you guys do night games at UB at all?

ECNO field

#20 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

Well, the last one we did was at night, but all of the lights were on. I'm thinking about asking to have some of them turned off, although they may not allow it for safety reasons.

#21 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, it'd be awesome if they could just be dimmed so there's more of a glow in the room.

#22 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

Rambo....that field looks like the best place I have ever seen to play at. I mean, I can't be totally sure with just the pictures, but it looks freaking awesome....

I wish we had a place like that to nerf and wouldn't suck all our darts into oblivion....

-Joe
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users