HOTH's Content

There have been 308 items by HOTH (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#269468 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 17 March 2010 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Finished my rear-loading 1500 turret. Can't wait to put it to use this Saturday at Baff 6.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#325506 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 20 January 2013 - 06:44 AM in Modifications

Worked on a Rayven. Mods done:

--Replaced the AA's (1.5 volts each x4) with a 9v battery harness
--Toggle on/off switch added, replacing the rev up switch
--All resistors removed (9v direct to the motors, wired in parallel)

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

Quick demo:

http://s682.beta.photobucket.com/user/Charlietidmarsh96/media/Movieon1-20-13at301AM_zpsf7753dc8.mp4.html

#261724 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 13 January 2010 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Doomsayer, Finally:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Perfectly Fabricated Doomsayer Spacer Template. More on this later
Posted Image

Airtech 2000, Awaiting some Mcnumbers Spacers:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Angel Breech:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image

More to come.

#261594 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 12 January 2010 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

RSCB PAS
Posted Image

Posted Image

Breech-Loading RSCB Clip:
Posted Image

-

Posted Image

RSCB Big Blast
Posted Image

Same Style RSCB:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Both of these guns can shoot straight through my ERTL RFS Box at 60 feet away, and get ranges of 105+ on the first shot, with about a 7 foot range drop to the last shot, due to the deadspace.

Doomsayer:

Posted Image

-

Posted Image

#259819 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 26 December 2009 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

Some of my current WIP'S:

I got this sneakshot from Blue at BAFF 2. He had already couplered the PT and installed a pump. I went ahead and PETG'd the PT and rigged a couplered 2k tank up to the pump. Sorry, no pics of the sneakshot's PT/Internals. Still need to integrate the tank into the front grip.

Posted Image

Overhauled Big Bad Bow. At2k integration, plunger head replacement, dead-space removal, universal cpvc/pvc coupler. I will use a brass breech with this, when completed.

Posted Image

PETG'D Stormfire. 4 inch PETG barrel. Still needs a new o-ring, e-taped plunger head, and some lube. Otherwise, it is good to go.
Posted Image

#269261 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 15 March 2010 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Doomsayer #3:

Posted Image

Angel Breeches:

Posted Image

Painted my PAS:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Replacement PT, for anything, really.

Posted Image

Rear-loading DTB Turret, PETG'd

Posted Image

Rear-loading 1500 turret beginnings. Yes, the washer is screwed up in the center.

Posted Image

Speedloader project. This will be tiring, but worth it and will come with a write-up upon completion.

Posted Image

Thats all for now.

#259447 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 20 December 2009 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Spitfire with 6 inch 9/16 brass barrels.
Posted Image

Old Style Supermaxx 1500. 12inch PETG Barrels, plugged pump. 100+ ranges with 4 pumps. This one was recently traded to Dragon216, but I have 2 more awaiting barrel spacers.
Posted Image

PETG Barrel Lock n' Load. PVC Sheath. Great sidearm.
Posted Image

Nitefinder replacement plunger tube. Made out of 1' PETG along with a CPVC coupler hammered into a PVC coupler. I use a 12 inch PETG Barrel, nested in PVC, with this gun, and I am very happy with it. Currently out of the shell for some touch-up work on the internals.

Posted Image

PETG Barrel Dart Tag Blaster. Pretty Good

More to come!!!!

Also, can someone please help me re-size my pictures? Thanks all.

#325196 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 10 January 2013 - 02:29 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

[k26] in a polycarb tube spring housing

Posted Image

17/32 Brass breech, still accepts clips.

Posted Image

Replaced plunger tube, aluminum plunger rod

Posted Image

Replaced catch

Posted Image

It is currently primed up top, but that is getting kinda difficult

Posted Image

Hoping to switch things up

Posted Image

No paint job intended. Very practical blaster, ranges well over 80'. Works flawlessly with modded n-strike clips.

#243978 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 03:56 AM in Modifications

Muwahaha. Excellent. I have begun my crusade for a primary weapon, and the LS is well on its way to being that.

As a side note, I know that TIG did a mod so that the LS's clip would accept Stefans in a friendly manner, but is there any way to make it so that both gun and clip accept stock taggers?

If not, is there any particular recommended method of modifying taggers so that they fit?

Sorry about the swift inquiry, but I have a birthday party on Sunday, and I desperately need to mod my LS so that it can beat the crap out of the competition. Expect to see me at several SoCal Nerf-Offs. :w00t:

Thank you, Sir Piney, for the gift of this thread. *Boweth*

First post, by the way. Expect to see more, and hello all.

I shall become the modificationator. I have ambitious plans for making some truly BAMF guns. ^_^

for your tagged inquiry, try galaxy's cpvc' mod ( look for it in the directory) but replace every cpvc' with PVC. might be worth a shot

#327294 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 24 February 2013 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Anyone have any of their own performance results to report on? You guys bought up over 60 of these things. Someone's gotta have something to say about it.

I will have an extensive writeup involving these motors completed and posted for the Mod Contest by Tuesday. I can record a bunch of different stats in my testing when everything is up and running. There are some neat intricacies to the mod, as well.

#327354 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 26 February 2013 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Could the flywheels simply be lightly sanded?

Seems risky to me. You really don't want to leave much to human inaccuracy when dealing with the flywheels. It is important that they are balanced.

I am posting a writeup later tonight probably which has an interesting take on the slick flywheels.

#327695 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 06 March 2013 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Not having done any testing, but slugs probably wouldn't work since the flywheel needs to compress the dart slightly. The metal washers in slugs would prevent that from happening.

This.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with using stock elites with these flywheel blasters. If they are too light, hot glue a weight down in the head.

#327651 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM in Modifications

I have not run the motors for longer than 15 seconds with three or four UltraFires out of fear of destroying them so I can't confirm how long it takes to fry them.

I have about 12 of these motors, and I am willing to test the time it takes for them to burn out while receiving current at 12 and 16 volts. I will post a video on this thread with that test later
tonight, assuming my ulrafires arrive today.

#327495 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 02 March 2013 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

I can't wait to get some Li-Ion batteries.

What product are you planning on purchasing? Ultra fires?

#260851 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by HOTH on 05 January 2010 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Props to the first crazy sunuvabitch who angel breeches this monster.

#325832 Question to all you modders

Posted by HOTH on 26 January 2013 - 12:03 AM in General Nerf

They need to bring back vintage blasters like splitfires crossbows and air techs

I don't that would be all that great. And it would definitely not happen.

People who already have those "vintage" blasters would be upset at the depreciation
The plastic sucks
They do not conform to the ever changing safety standards
Hasbro would have to use a different plastic from what they use now, and thus use the old molds
Most of those blasters were not even designed/engineered under the Hasbro regime. So, that would not work well either. Kenner and Larami (technically, Hasbro acquired the nerf line in 1991, which predates most vintage blasters. however, Kenner and Larami still had most control over the blaster production until like 2000, hence guns like the Crossbow and Splitfire bear the Kenner text and not Hasbro)

It just makes no sense for them to do that. Plus, they do not out-preform (to a great extent) the contemporary blasters. So why would kids buy them? They do not know how "vintage", or valuable they are to us.

#325840 Question to all you modders

Posted by HOTH on 26 January 2013 - 12:51 AM in General Nerf

They are obnoxiously loud and scare my kids and pets .

Well I can't argue with that, but I rather like them. Gives a modding challenge.

That being said, a good suggestion to Hasbro would, I suppose, to improve on the flywheel design. I am talking quieter, more accurate, and compatible with other types of darts.

#325818 Question to all you modders

Posted by HOTH on 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Bring back the longshot!

Not happening.

They are looking for new technologies, and the longshot was a clunky and inefficient design. I would personally like to see more electronic blasters because it seems to reinvigorate the mods on the forums and what not. Some really cool stuff can be done with them. And for those that are not a fan of electronic blasters, there's always eBay. At the end of the day, Hasbro will do what they think is most popular among the 8 year old kids, not the post-pubescent forum dwellers who enjoy voiding their warrantees. Although there are ideas that we think would be great to work with, the majority of their purchases come from kids who do not plan on opening up the blaster to examine its defects and strengths.

Edit-

Flywheels

Flywheels are the bomb

#325826 Question to all you modders

Posted by HOTH on 25 January 2013 - 10:59 PM in General Nerf

no more flywheel bullshit

What is wrong with flywheels?

#243789 Guess The Amount.

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 02:39 AM in Off Topic

My guess will be $75.50

#325194 Armageddon XIV

Posted by HOTH on 10 January 2013 - 01:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be there, with a likely +1. Is Cullen Elementary the same school as 2010 Geddon? I do not really remember the names, and I am not a local. If so, the place is great for nerf. Excited either way.

#266407 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by HOTH on 21 February 2010 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Nice job with the breech. I am actually pretty surprised with the ranges without a powerstock. Keep going!

#268387 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by HOTH on 07 March 2010 - 07:09 PM in Homemades

Wow. Thats amazing. I love it.

#271381 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by HOTH on 05 April 2010 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

BAFF Road Trip!

Pretty sure I'm there on any date, but other travelers may have the obvious conflict on the weekend of the 3rd.

Renting a car worked out fine last year, hopefully I'll need something bigger this year, and have other BAFF folks along sharing the gas expense, and maybe even the driving.

But a huge part of what made my trip great last year was the hospitality of the folks who lent me a couch for Friday and Saturday nights.

BAFF road trip would be insane, haha. I'm sure all of the dates work for me, probably 10th preferred.

#265287 The Tornadobow

Posted by HOTH on 13 February 2010 - 09:26 PM in Homemades

Brilliant. The guns are insanely comfortable. Quite a primary.

#279947 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by HOTH on 11 July 2010 - 04:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war everyone, today was great. I'm not one for a pros and cons list, but there were not many cons anyways. It was definitely cool seeing Shmmee at the hotel before the war.

#263620 Finding A Blaster For A Friend In A Power Chair.

Posted by HOTH on 28 January 2010 - 10:48 PM in General Nerf

A nicely made LpL might do nicely. It gets great range for its size and requires the same reloading activities as a NF...

If he used an Lpl, he would be fucked indoors. Since I should contribute, air guns would work the best, because he could pump it up, then scoot around with it primed, as opposed to having to prime a springer after each shot. So, an RF20 is a great solution, or MS with some clip mods and OPR removal. Of course, you could do what foamfoot said and actually hook it up to some shit, but I honestly do not know how much work you wanna put into this.

#265557 Baff #6

Posted by HOTH on 15 February 2010 - 11:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Date has been moved from the 13th to the 20th. Please make a note of this and change your dates if you marked them down somewhere else. Thanks, hope to see you all there.

Ignore my post.

#260727 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 05 January 2010 - 12:18 AM in Nerf Wars

I might bring +1.

Same here.

#261722 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 13 January 2010 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like the weather is not really in our favor this Saturday. Again. Damnit. I need to nerf. Soon

#260428 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 02 January 2010 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in for sure. Would hate to go two months in a row without a war. You may switch me to definite. However, I will be late. Around 1:00ish. Damn SSAT's.

#259579 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 22 December 2009 - 01:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn, switch me to a maybe. I might have high school entrance tests that day. Parents just told me.

#259471 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 21 December 2009 - 12:58 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm In! there is a chance that I will be able to bring a friend, but do not put me down as a +1 because it is a slight chance that he will come, but I can be a definite. Thanks for posting this!

#261758 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 13 January 2010 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I dont care... I am going... a little rain wont matter

I hope it is only a little. The website I checked said heavy precipitation. But, that might be for my house only, and Union City could be different.

#262011 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 16 January 2010 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Anyone expecting something from me:

Blue
Flipoffacliff
Jake

I will be fairly late. High School Entrance Exam. So, expect your guns, but expect them late. Jake, bring guns you are fine playing with, because I know that I am supplying a lot of your guns today.

#266937 Baff #6

Posted by HOTH on 25 February 2010 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

What do you guys think about having melee weapons at this war and missiles?

@ aquinas- I too am looking forward to see y'all nerfers again and this time there will be more rscb than ever haha. If things go right i think there will be 7 rscb 4b there and that's just my guests. haha

Melee weapons would be really fun. I have a few nerf swords laying around, and melee is pretty awesome.

#262170 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 17 January 2010 - 05:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Too bad I missed it, but for Feb., does Saturday the 6th work for everyone?

For feb you should all just take a road trip down to my war. Seriously.

I am seriously considering that. Fresno is not too far from me.

#262151 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 17 January 2010 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Too bad I missed it, but for Feb., does Saturday the 6th work for everyone?

#262039 Baff #4, January 16th

Posted by HOTH on 16 January 2010 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

If you noticed, I am not there. My test went 1.5 hours too long, rendering me without a ride, and with little time left in the war anyway. I just got home, and neither parents could drive me, because the test went way over the time they said it would end. I am sorry to Jake, Blue and Flipoffacliff. Jake: all four of your guns are completed, and I hope to give them to you in Feb. Blue, I was selling you a 2k and you were selling me a LB. I am sorry those fell through, but I am still game for the deal in Feb. FOAC: you were purchasing a DTB from me. All these deals still stand for next month.

#269404 Baff #6

Posted by HOTH on 16 March 2010 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, really? We postpone our date so you could make it and you bail on us? That's messed up.

I'm actually happy with it later in the month. I don't know about you guys, but the 20th is perfect for me. More time for blaster-prep.