kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52634 Normal Pvc And Pvc Conduit

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

hey everyone, im new to this homemade stuff and the modding as well, frends and i have decided that our stock guns won't cut it and are thinking about making homemades, only problem is, I bought some 1/2" PVC piping and my mega stefans wont even fit halfway in, I later found out that its 1/2" PVC Conduit, is there ne difference, are my darts for some reason (5/8") fatter than normal, am I just a screw up and can't figure out the obvious problem? help

#52636 1/2" Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 03:51 PM in Homemades

I live in Ottawa, Canada, and the ONLY place that I can even find some Foam Backer Rod is at Home Depot. I don't have any Lowe's in my city and Home Hardware has jack all. Problem is, Home Depot only sells 3/8" 5/8" and 7/8" FBR and I have been checking there for the past 4 months with no results. I have alot of 5/8" stefans but they don't fit into my cpvc barrels AND I can't seem to find any 1/2" PVC piping at home depot either. So I'm hoping that someone knows a Canadian store besides home depot (or even the aisle in home depot I should check incase I'm wrong) that sell either 1/2" pvc or 1/2" FBR.

-thanks

#52640 Normal Pvc And Pvc Conduit

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 04:10 PM in Homemades

Great advice Piney, thanks a bunch. Your right about the variations in size (varified it with the darts they are Tago Stopdrafts and some are MUCH wider in diameter than others). As for the piping goes, you know your stuff because you were right about it being a medium gray. Next time I go I'll check witht the darts and hopefully have better results, because with this pipe I can't even fit an inch of the dart in before I start twisting and even with the twisting I get maybe an inch if I'm lucky. Anyways, thanks for the advice :D

#53382 Nerf Gear Idea

Posted by kickass jb on 24 April 2005 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

Now I've read through the forum now and then and I didn't find this idea that I came up with so here it is:

I'm a fan for spring guns and since I have alot of pistols I use two at a time. For quick arming/cocking, I took two pieces of coat hanger and bent them into two hooks. Then I stuck one end of each throw my vest gear (my ammo storage...basicaly two shoulder straps and a cross strap all to the waist). Then I duct taped the hooks for safety. So when I load my guns and I'm rushing for any reason, I put the loop part of the gun onto the hooks and pull, cocking both at once. It improves the rate of fire and it isn't dangerous as you might think with having hooks on your chest because when I lie down or what not, then just go to the side and don't poke me.

#53409 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 April 2005 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Hey, since NO went down I can't seem to find a write up on stefans as good as they had, I looked on here but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know good site that gives intructions with possible pics/drawings of it? I'm looking for a process that would involve the drill press and such.

-thanks

#53485 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 25 April 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Hey I've read some mods on the BBB here and it's about the only place where I can find one, but does anyone have a mod that has pictures to go with it? I have two to mod and they aren't mind so I don't want to ruin the guns. Thanks

#53501 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 25 April 2005 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Can't find the link to it. It just gives me a link to nerf HQ where theres nothing.

#53553 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 03:46 PM in Homemades

I still find that straightening stefans over a period of time works better than rushing the job, it makes them stay straighter, for longer (in my opinion). Now I've checked around and nobody has posted it so far.

If your good with wood (or know some one who is) take a piece of wood (or scrap wood, doesn't really matter) and just cut a dado groove in it using a table saw that is approx. 5/8". stick the FBR in there, tape it down about every foot (or a line down the whole thing if you dont care about your tape) and let it sit. I find it works better than nailing the ends to a table and is more convenient that hanging them from your ceiling. I made a few identical pieces each about 6ft in length and I insert the FBR, stack the wood pieces and just put them on a table and wait for a few weeks.

#53555 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Reading up on this site and how an article claimed that nerf guns can commonly be found at thrift stores, and, having a thrift store of about a 2 minute walk from my house, I decided to give it a shot. I found and purchased this pistol for 49 cents Canadian (hence why I bought it) and have no clue what it is, hoping you guys can help me.

Its mostly blue with a neon orange barrel, the barrel is on the top and is has this thing curving from the bottom of the barrel so that you can adjust the angle of it. It has two ammo holders on the left side and the cocking mechanism is black and on the front, it somewhat resembles a cheap fake site. I would post a picture of it but I don't have a site to post it on and don't know how (if you even can) to post it on here...

#53561 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Yes your right, it is a range shot (checked on google and found a picture)...Anyone know if it's any good?

#53569 My Nerf Reality

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Good job man..Told me some things I knew and didn't as well. Have fun.

#53578 New Discovery!

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Somewhat off topic but... When was the BBB re-released?

#53658 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

CX, how do you fit 10' of fbr into the pvc, won't it get stuck? Or do you cut the pvc in half?

And suave, I've tried the dryer but I find after a week or so, they start to curve again, do yours always stay straight?

#53688 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I find that when I put my darts into PVC barrel and I shove it in all the way, It doesn't go very far. When I put it in the end of barrel it fires farther. Am I doing something wrong or do other people have this too?

#53691 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

Oh, I get you. I was making 5/8" megas. Can't seem to find any 1/2" yet.
But just wondering, do you think or would you know if 3/4 pvc would work for 5/8" megas?

#53704 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

My bad. They are mega stefans. All 1/2" PVC mods and the barrels are anywhere between 6" (secret shot) to 11" (EaB). On some darts there isn't alot of friction so I can push them all the way to the back but when I fire, the dart just plops out.

#53706 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

Okay, thanks. It can settle for now since I'm hoping to change my stefan ammo horde to 1/2" anyways, now I won't have to remod all my guns, **phew**.

#53729 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

I am a huge fan of my SSI. I single barreled pvc modded it (took out the separater thing and glued the barrel directly to the plunger tube). I took the idea from this site's EaB mod and put the size tubes around the barrel for ammo holders. Good ROF and gets about 30-40 ft. GREAT for indoor wars, I even use it ahead of my Sharpshooter 2. I will add some pics of it as soon as I figure out how to post them.

#53732 How Do I Post Pics In Threads?

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

How do I post pictures in threads? I've tried the help and search button but couldnt find anything.

#53735 How Do I Post Pics In Threads?

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I'm a fucking retard...My apologies.

#53755 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

SS1 open

SS1 barrel

Here are two pics of my modded SS1 I mentioned above. For the plunger tube, I plugged up the hole with hot glue that's at the top and made a hole about the same size dead center in the tube. I clamped the pvc to the plunger tube for stability then hotglued it up lightly and then a thin layer of duct tape.

#53766 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by kickass jb on 29 April 2005 - 05:56 AM in Modifications

Jake, are you using megas or micros?

#53783 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by kickass jb on 29 April 2005 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

That's probably it because I'm using megas (buying micro stuff tonight). So hopefully when I switch over to micros, I'll see better results.

#53784 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 29 April 2005 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Seems easy enough. Two quick questions about it though. One, how long of a 17/32 pipe should I put in? Two, will a 1/2" pvc coupler fit over the pipe?

#53831 Stefan Weighting

Posted by kickass jb on 30 April 2005 - 11:49 AM in General Nerf

For me, I use BB split-shot sinkers, and just add a wad of glue and use CX's method with the ice cube. Seems to work pretty well for me all around.

P.S. With Yakman's supersoaker mod, I was using 1/2" stefans weighted as described above. Even with the mass amount of airflow around the dart since it was pvc and not brass/copper and didn't fit in the barrel at all, it still reached about 100 meters at a 40 degree angle, about 100 ft being braced at the shoulder (which was about 20ft farther than the perfectly fitting mega stefans...weird).

#53947 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

I know that part, but should the brass pipe (that I stick into the barrel) be flush with the barrel? Or does it stick through the coupler so that I load the micro in there and then stick the pvc/brass barrel on top of that?

#53951 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

Now I'm a BIG fan of nite wars outside, and we have serious trouble finding the darts. Would the darts still work if I sprayed with a little glow-in-the-dark spray paint? If not, what would go wrong?

#53970 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm sure atleast SOME of you have seen/acquired one of those Energy Paintball guns that were in for a while. I was wondering if anyone had successfully modded one with good results?

#53989 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

However, Langley came up with a pretty good idea and dipped the back of his darts in orange paint.

I like that idea but like was it the back half or just the flat surface of the back?

Or, you could go around with a light to look for your darts. Or maybe a black light.

We tried lights but black some what blends in with the dark green grass, would black light make the darts glow?

My friend in the FDG painted his darts by rubberbanding a bunch togeather, and spray painting the TIP of the darts. It sticks to the hot glue,

I like that idea as well but have had bad results when trying to paint the glue, is it because it's Kryplon Fusion? If so, where did you get it?

#53990 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Aside from online, where can one buy brass piping? I checked home depot plumbing section but I was looking in the wrong section? Any information on where to buy some would be great.

#53991 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

So to close this thread off, maybe you can tell me if this set up is good. I'll take the 17/32 and make it come out about 2" of coupler which will go inside 6" of 9/16 which will be epoxied inside 10" of 19/32 (all brass) which will finally be epoxied inside 10" of 1/2 pvc. Took the idea of CX's post but changed it so that the 17/32 is fixed into the barrel and I'm attaching the rest of the nested barrel to it...good idea or no?

#53992 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

Here is a writeup on my variant of the stefan. It is supposed not to hurt as much if you shoot someone. Thus the name of Safety Stefan! Ok, you can either make a stefan as usual and as the hot glue is drying, put a small wafer of FBR on it. OR, you could just get the ideal length of the FBR: cut: and make a hole in the back of it so it works in modern Nerf guns. Either way, you get the Safety Stefan! The final thing should look like this using the 2nd method.

Safety Stefan Pic method no 2

Yea, I used the piece of FBR on the tip as well but a few wars down the road I found that the ranges were decreased slightly and that well people didn't always feel it. It was in fact, too safe. So we went back to the old way and wore eye protection. Also the original way helps if you a cheater or newcomer that claims not to have gotten hit, just check for the bruises/welts. :ph34r:

#53995 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Yea I know, I've been shown up by that too many times and I did use it this time. I live in Canada though so that site is no good to me except for the online store, which is no good to me.

#54024 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

I live in Ottawa, but my brother just got a job at home depot so I'll see what he can do for me before I buy it from some one else (no offence, just would be cheaper).

With regards to MMNO 3, I highly doubt I'll be able to make it out because I can't drive yet and the parents won't drive me four hours to play a nerf war. Maybe in a few years if this is all still going on I'll be lucky enough.

#54025 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Nonono Viper. Energy paintball were those little guns that you pump like a shotgun and it shoots a little blob of washable..."goo". I opened it up and the plunger and plunger tube are very unique (and small) but got good ranges with the goo.

#54170 Petg

Posted by kickass jb on 04 May 2005 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

I might know another way to get PETG like material.

If you look at a computer store, there should be some long clear tubes with lightbulbs in them. I might have few lying around here.

They aren't too expensive, so you shouldn't worry too much about taking one apart.

Edit: They are used as flashy little lights in comps.

http://www.compusa.c...7488&pfp=SEARCH

That should be it.

10 bucks for 12", that's insanely expensive man.

Also I like the idea of aquarium tubing, but all the stuff I find is rolled up in a coil. Do I have to straghten it and if so, will it be that sturdy? If so (once again) how would I straighten it?

#54179 Petg

Posted by kickass jb on 04 May 2005 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

But do they sell the straight stuff at pet stores? Am I just not looking hard enough? All I find is the coil stuff.

#54242 Petg

Posted by kickass jb on 05 May 2005 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

But do they sell the straight stuff at pet stores? Am I just not looking hard enough? All I find is the coil stuff.

The coil stuff is more likely vinal tubing not PETG.

Did you see Finding Nemo? Remember when Nemo has to swim up a pipe into the water filter? That's the kind of pipe you want.

I loved Nemo, he is the shit!...As for the piping, a relief to know the sell it, but would it still be called PETG or some "fishy" (get the pun?) name?

#54249 Petg

Posted by kickass jb on 05 May 2005 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

The coil stuff is more likely vinal tubing not PETG.

Did you see Finding Nemo? Remember when Nemo has to swim up a pipe into the water filter? That's the kind of pipe you want.

I loved Nemo, he is the shit!...As for the piping, a relief to know the sell it, but would it still be called PETG or some "fishy" (get the pun?) name?

I saw it at Petsmart, and it was labeled "Lee's Thinwall Rigid Tubing" but it came in all the wrong sizes. There was stuff as large as 3" diameter to as small as 1/8," but no 1/2" or 5/8."

Crap. Well I'll keep looking... Maybe I'll end up buying it off Cx after all.

P.S. off topic, but look at all those quotes inside quotes etc.

#54258 Breech Load With Brass?

Posted by kickass jb on 05 May 2005 - 08:51 PM in Homemades

Hey, I am in the process of coming up with a prototype of a dual shot shot gun (spring). My original idea was to have the barrels on hinges and kind of pop down like the old spread shots from the cowboy days. Due to the fact that I want a cocking system like a modern day pump shotgun (over the barrels) I don't think I can make a hinge system, so I'm resorting to a breech load for the two barrels. I like Cx's method of brass barrels with spring guns (17/32 in 9/16 in 19/32 in half inch pvc) so I was wondering if it would be possible and effective to have a breech loader with that barrel. If so how would it work? Same as others?