Foam Shooter's Content

There have been 204 items by Foam Shooter (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#123942 Zombie Games.

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 September 2007 - 04:29 PM in General Nerf

I wish I could do that but none of my friends nerf. The best part was when the guy cleaned out the tunnel of zombies all by himself. I wish there was a camera down there to show what he did. Good find Forsaken Angel.

#126969 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 October 2007 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

Today I temporarily gave up on my Angel Big Bad Bow and just epoxied a CPVC coupler to it. I also officially finished Big/Biggish/Bigger Salvo. While I had the epoxy out I did the clean CPVC coupler mod on the Nite Finder. I am very pleased with the results since my Big Bad Bow maxed out at 100', my Big Salvo is rediculous and it looks like it shoots a wall of foam, and my Nite Finder is going a realistic 75' and it has a good rate of fire. Hurray :D

#130209 Workplace.

Posted by Foam Shooter on 19 November 2007 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

My workspace is pretty well organized:

Posted Image
In the drawers of my desk I have
- drawing papers and graph papers for designing
- foam
- a few miter boxes and hacksaws
Next to the desk is tower of drawers with:
- various tools
- unfinished pistols
- internals

Posted Image
Behind the bookshelf is:
- pipe insulation
- 5/8" FBR
- 1/2" PVC
- 3/4" PVC
- 1" PVC
- 1 1/4" PVC

Posted Image
And finally in the closet is:
- lots and lots of nerf guns
- empty tool boxes
- barrels for guns
- darts
- barrels
- a scale
- screwdrivers
- a full tool box
- spare parts
- parts from my current homemades (GNS and homemade airgun)
- adhesives
- behind the adhesives is a box full of airsoft parts and extra plastics
- in the red basket are some bigger guns like the longshot and magstrike and such
- homemade arrow materials
- 3" PVC and 2" PVC
- more darts and arrows

#127793 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2007 - 09:41 AM in Off Topic

I chose this name because it's a nerf forum and nerf guns are sometimes called foam shooters. It was between this and Dremel.

#128464 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Foam Shooter on 03 November 2007 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

I am just wondering where would I find 1" 200 PSI PVC? I have looked in my home depot and I can't find it.

#125463 When You Discovered The Nic....

Posted by Foam Shooter on 08 October 2007 - 05:04 PM in General Nerf

I used to be a member on Super Soaker Central and had some Nerf guns lying around. I clicked a link on SSCentral and it lead me to the FAR. I was impressed so I kept browsing the forums and came across a mod for the SM750. I had two of these so I modded the both of them and I was very impressed with the range. I then destroyed an AirTech 1000 and decided to get a NiteFinder. I modded this and then a Longshot and decided to get a dremel and some brass and some PVC, you know the basics. I have now modded at least twenty guns and now I am a member on the forums.

#132785 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 17 December 2007 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

Big Salvo- Lanard (shotgun and good ranges and good ROF until you run out of ammo)

LongShot- Nerf (accurate and great ROF)

Max Shot- Lanard (similar ranges and accuracy as a Crossbow except less comfortable from what I hear)

#147116 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 March 2008 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

Nerf- Dart Tag Gun set

Lanard- Big Salvo/Big Blast(same price where I got them)

Homemade- Bought the materials for GNS, realized I was out of my league at the time, recently recycled for my Snap WIP.

I never have bought a Buzz Bee

#140217 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 14 February 2008 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was an SM750. I got it from my grandmother on Easter. I modded it a few years later when I came across it in my basement. The first gun that I heavily modded was a NF the day after.

#134540 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 31 December 2007 - 07:21 PM in Off Topic

• Disc Shot
  • Unity System
  • Rapid Fire 20 (soon to be BOB II)
  • 60 DT Darts's
  • 2 Longshot Clips
  • A ton of football jerseys
  • LG Rumor (phone)
  • March Madness 08 for the 360
  • NBA 2K8
  • Oblivion (I'm a jock geek I guess)
  • Dunk Now (vertical leap program)
More stuff and $300

#183294 Tubing Help

Posted by Foam Shooter on 12 October 2008 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

The smallest tube I could find was 3/8" ID, 7/16" OD, 1/32" Wall Thickness. I don't believe that this would cope well with air but they have plenty of other sizes on Mcmaster.
Unless you're looking for a hard tubing which I think brass is the only answer.

#160799 Thin Walled Pvc

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 June 2008 - 08:04 PM in General Nerf

Lo Effin L you put the breach on exactly the same gun I am goin to, Thnx.
I still cant find the thinwalled 1" Pvc, would the 1.25" PVC work, I am trying to make Boltsniper's GNS.

You would have to use Carbon's gasket plunger set up and it would be much bigger. I'm guessing this is your first homemade so you should start building a SNAP. It is made by Carbon and he has a nice writeup right here. It was my first homemade and it helps you measure your level of building skills.

#160654 Thin Walled Pvc

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 June 2008 - 01:03 PM in General Nerf

1/2" thinwalled PVC is SDR 13.5, and both 3/4" and 1" PVC is SDR 21. My supplier is Lowes but I am unsure if there are any Lowes in Canada. Hope this helps.

#142035 The Vulcan

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 February 2008 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

I think that the ammo box is just opened not bigger. Nice find though.

#187841 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 November 2008 - 03:17 PM in Homemades

Very nice work! I like it. I would love to make one for myself some day.

Well then make it. It took me 2 hours of medium effort to make it. It is one of the simplest most effective homemades you will find right now. Definitely a good starting point.

#186053 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 05:47 PM in Homemades

Oh, I thought you were talking about the one that I was building to replicate his.
It's all about preference. Mine is long and sleek and his is short and compact. I obviously also like mine better because I made it and I'm sure that this applies to Rork also. Also that comment should really be in my topic about my gun not in Rork's topic about his. I appreciate the compliment though.

#186029 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

Personally I like Foam_Shooters better, it just looks alot cleaner.

It's mostly that the first time you make a new kind of homemade it is a lot of sloppy guess work. The second time you make it it is much easier and cleaner. I'm pretty much making it a second time because of the measurements that he has given me. I do appreciate the compliment though, thanks.

#186071 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 06:52 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Tah-Dah! I like the unique feel of this in my hand. Just to compare it to my gun, it is much heavier and much more compact. It is a little harder to prime then mine. Mine seems to go a little faster and to be a little more comfortable but they are both very good homemades. I like the idea for this Rork.

#185846 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 October 2008 - 03:23 PM in Homemades

Alright I'm working on my own right now. I would like to know how long you cut the spring to before I waste some time with measurements. Second, is the 6" the piece of CPVC or the whole thing including the plunger head.

Edit: Never mind I misread it. I have it straight now. I would still like to know the spring length though.

#185777 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 09:34 PM in Homemades

My gun was obviously the inspiration for this. Just kidding. If you wouldn't mind I would like some measurements of the pipes and stuff so I can compare it to mine and possibly build my own. Great job.

#185943 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 October 2008 - 08:58 PM in Homemades

Alright, here is todays work:
Posted Image

It's pretty nicely shaped. It has a unique feel. I still need to add a handle and work on the catch to get more compression. I like this design.

#124036 The Power Of Stock.

Posted by Foam Shooter on 24 September 2007 - 02:41 PM in General Nerf

Now imagine all of the Titans modded to accept mongos and all of the Longshots with a sidearm integration and an Angel Breech. You would be my hero even though you and Slug already are my heros in nerf.

#183434 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 13 October 2008 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

I honestly didn't need a write up for it. It's just building a SNAP with a couple of changes here and there but it's pretty basic. All I needed to know was how long to make the plunger and plunger tube. I do think a writeup would help a lot of people but you really shouldn't have a need for one.
I can't wait to see wat C_S does to this with the plastic welder.

#183135 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 October 2008 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

Compared to revs. 2 & 3, rev. 1 is crap. It was an exercise in internal design. I do not recommend it. Rev. 3 is by far the best. Industrial-strength clothespins are much better than regular, but regular will work. If you want a double stock, just mount another 1/2" plug on the bottom of the coupler and make a sort of loop.

I just kinda wanted to make a collection of SnapBows. Also having a crappy gun isn't always a bad idea for me because it gives something for my friends to fool around with without me caring. The main reason though that I want to build it is because I have a good idea for attaching the handle to the tee section.

#182033 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 October 2008 - 06:58 PM in Homemades

Just to let you know Rork I am in the process of building one right now. I have the main parts done (plunger, body trigger). I have been shooting around and I am surprised to say the least. The gun is very easy to prime and is very comfortable even without a handle, grip, or stock. The darts shot out of it shoot at least 45'(across my basement) with much more velocity to spare. I haven't even drilled holes to prevent the vacuum effect in it and it is very powerful. I'll have pictures up tonight. Very magnificent, I commend you Rork.
Just to add to the person wanting to use a #62 spring, these don't fit around CPVC.

#183138 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 October 2008 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

That's interesting, I would have figured that the Rev. 1 would be easier to make because of the lesser amount of holes and screws, and parts. I'm just interested in the tee idea though. I may go against your will and make one just for some experience. I thought it over in my head and I already have all of the necessary materials so it's just the process of fabricating that's holding me back. Now that I do have experience with the Rev. 3 though, it should be much easier the second time around.

#183125 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 October 2008 - 09:39 PM in Homemades

Thanks for the offer but my favorite part of Nerfing is going to Home Depot and buying the parts necessary. If for some reason I can't find a specific part I will PM you but by looking at it it seems everything should be at Home Depot.
On the Rev. 1 is the industrial strength clothespin completely necessary or could I use a normal one.
Right now I am working on a new stock. I think that my best design so far is to make it go back around to the bottom of the 1 1/4" coupler on the back but that is unfortunately where my vent hole is. This means that to do so I will need to fabricate the coupler again.
My other design is one more similar to the +Bow. This means three pieces of PVC coming off of the back all connecting to a triangular piece that will rest against my shoulder.
The first option is much more simple but the second one will probably be more comfortable.
Opinions anyone?

#185141 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 October 2008 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

I don't believe that this is a double post. If it is just let me know and I won't do it again.

I have a finished Snapbow sitting in my hand right now. Here she is:
Posted Image

Here is my cosmetically appealling vent hole.
Posted Image

The handle is attached with Fishin' Glue and two 1" screws. The screws are anchored into epoxy putty.
Posted Image

I need to pick up a 3/4" elbow to replace the T on the stock. The spring is very nice, it allows the gun to be primed much swifter.

Here is what I have on the 3/4" Coupler design. I need to put the trigger further forward.
Posted Image

I plan on making two more of these, the 3/4" coupler design and one with some improvements I thought of while building it. I plan on painting it a very traditional color, expect it next week.

#183335 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 12 October 2008 - 06:22 PM in Homemades

FOR THE LAST TIME, do not bring up. Rev. 1. It is relevant only as a prototype. The improvements involved in rev. 2 & 3 are anything but minor. All positive aspects of rev. 1 are included in rev. 3. There really isn't even a writeup for rev. 1, as it was an ever-evolving experiment. I've given correct part lengths for rev. 3.

Seconded.
Alright, I've made my 17/32" breech. There isn't a noticeable range difference in the normal barrel and the breech. The breech is just 9/16" over a piece of 17/32" brass. I plan on making a 9/16" breech also for my larger stefans.
Something I wanted to add but have forgotten, Home Depot doesn't carry the proper 3/4" plug. The plugs fit into the corresponding pipe size, not the fittings.
Nothing else to report, the guns holding up great.

#183095 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 October 2008 - 06:39 PM in Homemades

I am eventually going to order parts for a DCHAP and when I do I will also order the spring. This way I can compare the two. I would agree that 80' is about the maximum for nerf wars. It is better for the dart to go further though because that way it is losing elevation as it nears the target at 70' or so. The gun is extremely accurate. I was shooting at a towel hung at the end of my 45' hallway and was consistently hitting it.
I also actually plan on making a Rev. 1 and 2 with some minor modifications. I would like to improve on the Tee design.

#184938 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 October 2008 - 04:18 PM in Homemades

The materials have arrived. I put the spring in and it is working but I still need a new handle. I have altered the design of the no endcap design and it should definately work. I'll have my handle done tonight and I'll try to make a dent in the new design. Expect updates.

#183053 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 October 2008 - 04:27 PM in Homemades

Alright, I have tested my ranges and I am very pleased with them. All ranges are tested with Captain_Slug Darts.
With a loose dart that slides into 9/16" brass easily:
99'
96'
93'
93'
89'
Average: 94'
Maximum: 99'
Minimum: 89"

With a tight dart that needs a slight twist into 9/16" brass:
106'
103'
101'
96'
Average: 101'
Maximum: 106'
Minimum: 96'

These are about what I was expecting. All of the ranges were rounded to the nearest integer. I am going to make a breech for it when I get back from my weekend getaway. The spring in mine must be slightly weaker than Rork's but priming mine is pretty easy. I may swiss cheese my plunger rod but I might not seeing as it could structurally weaken the gun. I'll have an update if I see anything interesting before I finish my breech.

Rork: I just want to make sure it's alright with you that I'm semi-hijacking your thread. PM me if you would like me to stop.

#185685 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Just a suggestion nerfboi, but when you make your next one I would suggest making the handle out of 3/4" PVC. Your handle looks huge.

#182853 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 October 2008 - 06:27 PM in Homemades

NerfBoi:Thanks, it means a lot getting a compliment. It's like Nerfhaven's version of a salary.

BustaNinja:I meant SnapBow Rev.3. For some reason I thought Rork called it a CrossSnap.

Rork: Thanks for the heads up but it already is 12 1/2". I just threw the coupler and bushing on to make sure it could fire a stefan. I'm about to add the 1" bushing and the stock. Expect pictures within the hour.

#182893 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 October 2008 - 09:27 PM in Homemades

Right now I am fine tuning the springs. I'm cutting one coil off at a time and it seems like one more will do. As for the handle, I started by hot gluing it. I meant to screw it in but forgot to. After some test firing the handle broke off. Next I used Fishin' Glue. That worked for a while but also eventually broke off. With all the hot glue it gave me a base to screw my screws into. I put two #6-32 x 1" screws it. I can prime the gun while holding the handle and it is very firm. I will post back when I get the spring finished.

#182878 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 October 2008 - 08:33 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Finished it. I am really happy with how comfortable it is. It took much longer than I thought it would due to my handle falling of. I had the handle on with Fishin' Glue. Now I have it screwed in. Just a quick question Rork, is the spring your using 11". Right now I have two 4" springs in it. I have a third and would like to know how long I should cut it to. Thanks.

#183198 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 12 October 2008 - 10:19 AM in Homemades

Alight, I think I have a pretty good design on how to minimize it further. I was planning on putting a 1" coupler in the back of it but that would require a massive amount of sanding and would make the walls to flimsy. My next idea was another bushing in the back. It would be a 1" x 3/4" bushing. I would sand down a 1/2" endcap a little bit and then hammer it in. This seems like the best idea to me. My third and final idea is to take a piece of 1" thinwall PVC and wrap it in electrical tape. Next I would put a electrical taped 1/2" endcap inside of it. I would drill a 5/8" hole in the endcap. I would hammer the whole assembly inside of the 1 1/4" body and screw it in.
I think that my second option is the best. Right now I am away from home and I will be getting back tomorrow. I might be able to make a trip to the hardware store from where I am but nothing definite. I have my SNAPBow with me and some tools so it could happen but most likely tomorrow I'll have the whole assembly in.

#182826 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 October 2008 - 02:07 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Right now it's pretty much a SNAP but by tonight I hope to have a CrossSnap and have a breech made by tomorrow. Right now I don't have the right spring in it, it's coming today, and I have no vents drilled in it. Also I have a coupler going to a 1 1/4"x1/2" reducing bushing in it. I hope to change that to a 1"x1/2" bushing tonight. The ranges are impressive at about 90 ft. with a weak spring. I'll post pictures when I finish it. Thanks for the writeup Rork.

#183293 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 12 October 2008 - 03:44 PM in Homemades

That does sound like a better idea. I don't have many materials at my vacation home so I forgot that 3/4" end caps fit in 1 1/4" PVC. That was a big mental error considering there are two in my gun right now. When I get back home tomorrow I'll try that out.

#182930 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 October 2008 - 10:43 PM in Homemades

Alright, I've found the maximum length for my spring. It's two 4" spring and another spring cut to just above 2". The gun itself feels very sturdy, no adhesives were used in it. The dart's velocity is insanely fast. It is dark right now but I'll have ranges tomorrow just to compare the difference in springs.