AssassinNF's Content

There have been 879 items by AssassinNF (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98196 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 12 January 2007 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Yay! I can post pictures now!

Here's my newly Modded, painted maverick. It used to be a pile of spare parts that were left over from dead mavericks, until I realized I had enough parts to build it. It gets aboout 40' range Max, but I only use it for indoor wars anyway.

Posted Image

And the reason why I had so many spare parts:

Posted Image

I like Mavericks, and I've modified a shitload of them. :blink:

Here's my One-pump 3k, named so because it pumps to full in one pump, getting about 70' range. I'm going to do a write up on it after I finish this post.

Posted Image

Here's another creation born from spare parts, My NF Blowgun

Posted Image

Posted Image

I replaced the trigger with a bent paperclip, just to keep the laser. The NF shell makes the blowgun very comfortable.
Ranges - Upwards of 80' - 100', bacause Blowguns own.

Here's my Longshot, with the Front gun integration mod. Both guns fire with the same trigger, the Longshot gets 80'-90', and the Lower gun gets 55', because I changed the spring to a crossfire spring.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And that's it for now.

#216338 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 04 March 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
semi-writeup here

#237574 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 20 June 2009 - 02:04 AM in Modifications

The finished Creamsicle:
Posted Image
Spidey Gun:
Posted Image
Restored Longshot:
Posted Image

#238698 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 26 June 2009 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

LS/DTG (Grimm) with new trigger:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Back from the dead - my ZomBBB:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Yes, that's another Firefly turret, and yes, this one comes with a write-up. I'll try to post it tommorrow.

Also, I'm glad you like your new Doomsayer, xtremejumpy. I had fun building it with ya.

#180908 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 01 October 2008 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Breechless Deodorant clipped ERTL Pump Shotgun:

Posted Image
Posted Image

8 shots, 70' range. It works because it is airtight. The black stuff on the sides is velcro. The velcro is there to keep the clip from violently blowing off when I fire the gun. The clip is still easily removable.

If I put the clip on a blowgun, it becomes the blowgun from hell. Fires all 8 shots in rapid succession in less than a second. Surprised the holy shit out of me when it first happened.

Posted Image

This is essentially the same thing as Gengar003's clip

#184873 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 22 October 2008 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
My take on the Doomsayer.

#216695 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 06 March 2009 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Photon Burst Blaster - Basically a clip-fed, 8-shot, uncomfortable and awkward Maverick.

Posted Image
...but I like the light. :lol:

#224489 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 19 April 2009 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

A couple new guns - write-ups coming soon
Posted Image

#235199 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 09 June 2009 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Writeup here

#230846 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 17 May 2009 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

It's Alive!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#227797 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 02 May 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

New and improved Grimm:
Posted Image
With dual clip:
Posted Image

#235658 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 11 June 2009 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Mav3K

#235899 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 12 June 2009 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

A BBBB with only one barrel? Fuck that shit.
Posted Image

#231223 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 18 May 2009 - 11:21 PM in Modifications

Noodleownz, please resize your pictures.

Here's a few more of my recent projects:
Posted Image

Including:
Duck Tape ammo bandolier and JetForce pistol:
Posted Image

A new breech for my MTR:
Posted Image

BigBlast with 6-shot shotgun via a Mav turret (ranges are poor):
Posted Image

Recon from hell - has a +bow spring in it. I wanted to see how ridiculous I could get with spring additions here:
Posted Image

And that little red thing?
Posted Image
Posted Image
That's a bit of a surprise. After they are fully tested, I'll post a thread.

#179434 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 24 September 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#240351 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 05 July 2009 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Inline clipped NF

#172192 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 24 August 2008 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

My Mini-Salvo
Posted Image
Magstrike Pump, SMDTG Trigger, 3 Big Salvo Blast Chambers, and a Hornet Shell.

#115900 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 15 July 2007 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Here's my Double Titan with my Crossbow (not a traditional crossbow...)

Posted Image

Here's my Double NF

Posted Image

#102858 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 28 April 2007 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

I'm glad OMC's been approving so many people. There's some really cool stuff coming from the new guys.

(And maybe my friend who's been waiting for 2 months will finally get in)

Expect some new stuff from me soon. I'm currently working my ass off to get my new longshot working.

#98762 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 24 January 2007 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

I've cranked out 5 new mods in the past 2 weeks, so I thought I'd share them with all of you.

Here is my new BBB. I added an extremely strong spring (to replace the spring my longshot stole from it) and I added 4 ammo holders. It's coupler modded, it has a side grip, and it has a rail from a cross fire for attaching other guns to the bottom. It gets 70-80'

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's my Uber-NF. I added a stronger spring, a new O-ring, and 9 AMMO HOLDERS. By coincidence, the paint gave the barrel a better seal with darts, and that also increased the range. It has 3 ammo holders it the front (half of a 3k turret), 2 ammo holders on each side, and 2 more where the batteries were. It gets 50-65'

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's my 'Crossfire Cannon'. It's a regular crossfire that looks like a little glock and has 2 springs (a CF spring paired with a Mav spring). It's the most powerful gun in my arsenal for it's size, and it tends to get underestimated often. It gets 50-65' range.

Posted Image

Here's my new maverick. I already posted it, but I've modified it alot since then. I found out that adding an AT3K air restrictor spring in the front of the turret works even better than just a standard Mav AR spring, and I modded the turret some more, so it works much better. I used it to own my brother and my cousin last weekend, and it performed well. (they both had s.nipers)

Posted Image

And here's my new Longshot. I added a spring and did all the standard mods to it, and I got it working great. I also painted it.

Posted Image

Both my longshots:

Posted Image

Group Pic

Posted Image

#239937 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by AssassinNF on 03 July 2009 - 03:41 AM in Modifications

Work in Progress
Posted Image

#167454 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 08 August 2008 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

Here's my current work in progress: (sorry about the shitty picture. I will definitely take better pictures when I finish it / am happy with it)

Posted Image

It definitely one of the biggest homemades ever made, if not the biggest (definitely not a product of practicallity, though) It has a 4" PVC Plunger Tube, which is currently manual, but I plan on adding bungees and a large catch mech to make it a semi-springer (semi because it'd be bungees rather than a spring)

It has eight 2.5' long steel barrels that are capable of flinging 5-10 tagger darts at a time with ranges up to (hopefully) 100' angled. I say hopefully because I have not fully range tested it yet, but I do know that it is capable of 30' flat at least, testing it indoors. (I expect the bungee upgrade to drastically increase performance)

The turret is fully removable, but it's definitely not coming off unless you want it to. I left it open for better turret designs that may come to me later on.

I have also made a base for it, which can swivel 360 degrees and move a little vertically. (There's obviously no way in hell anyone is carrying this thing, it's at least 5' long and over 20 pounds)

The turret is manually rotated, with a brass breech that is inserted into the barrel for a better seal. It only takes about 3 seconds to move to the next barrel, so the rate of fire is decent (about one blast every 5-10 seconds)

And before I get any flames for spending way too much money on a retardedly huge and impractical gun - I don't give a shit, keep it to yourself. I know this thing is an awkward clusterfuck - that's the fun of it. I'm making it because I can, and because it's fun. Maybe it'll turn into something more practical later, maybe not. At the very least, I enjoyed building it. :P

#140498 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 15 February 2008 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

I don't see why the hell so many people thought this was going to be a flywheel gun. It would NEVER be a flywheel gun. Nerf doesn't do flywheels, because they're not idiots (unlike BuzzBee)

I'm guessing this gun works like the Razorbeast, except with batteries replacing the crank.

#140512 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 15 February 2008 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

And you're already back to speculating. Just shut up already and be patient.

My bad, I posted before I read the entire thread, after seeing so many people worry about this gun being a flywheel gun, and failed to see OMC's posts.

Speculation aside, I was just pointing out that I doubt Nerf will ever make another flywheel blaster. I don't even think nerf darts are suitable for flywheels. Have you ever tried shooting nerf darts out of a buzzbee flywheel gun? I know it doesn't work very well with the Mech 6, and the Triple Mech (I've tried), and it probably doesn't work with the tommy 20 either. And the Gyro Strike had to use those wierd-ass Gyro missiles. Nerf Micros would probably get chewed to pieces, especially Sonic micros, being the most flimsy of all micros in my experience.

What do you think? I just believe Nerf is way beyond flywheels at this point.

#163050 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 16 July 2008 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

WTF?

Amazon has a Vulcan avaliable... for $120...

#140500 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 15 February 2008 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

I don't see why the hell so many people thought this was going to be a flywheel gun. It would NEVER be a flywheel gun. Nerf doesn't do flywheels, because they're not idiots (unlike BuzzBee)

Nope, they'd never do that.

I stand corrected.

But still, I think they should have learned from their mistake there. The site you linked me to flat out says that gun is horrible. Also, flywheels seem like they leave a little too much leniency for shooting random small objects, and with Nerf's focus on air restriction and other safety mechanisms, I doubt they'd make another one.

Plus, nerf's previous Chain-fed guns weren't flywheel guns. I still think the Vulcan is a battery-powered Razorbeast.

#160921 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 29 June 2008 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

You know, the one thing that ticks me off about the Vulcan is that it doesn't have a stock. Think about it, the Magstrike has a stock, the Longshot has a stock, the Firefly is has a stock, even the Recon has a stock. So ... why not the Vulcan? The Vulcan is fired like a medium or light machine gun and both of those have a stock. </Snake>

So buy one when it comes out and put a stock on it. Problem Solved.

#160903 The Vulcan

Posted by AssassinNF on 29 June 2008 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but Amazon.com now has the Vulcan listed. It says "currently unavaliable", but it's still listed.

Also, I don't know if this has been established yet or not, but do we know whether or not the chains can be connected to each other? It looks like the kid on the package of the extra ammo belt is wearing two belts connected to each other. The ends of the belt are different, too, which might mean they attach in some way (or maybe it just means the belt can only be fed one way...)

Sorry to add more speculation to this mess, I just thought the ends of the ammo belt being different was interesting.

#233333 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 29 May 2009 - 10:11 PM in General Nerf

I have seen a few posts about a red recon in this thread and remembered something. I recently purchased a recon for my brother's birthday. In the box was a little advertising paper with a few things on it. I noticed it had a code to win a specially painted recon. (red, with gold bits) I didn't notice it at first but it is for the wii game, not a real recon. I'm not sure if that's what people are talking about, but I was hoping it might clarify on the subject.

That might be it. There is a red and black Recon in the game. Kind of a disappointment if that's what the rumors are about.

I'm getting this, nonetheless. Hopefully the NIC can pump some mods out soon. I know I'll be trying my best to find some!

My mod:

Step 1: Remove drum from Raider.
Step 2: Insert drum into Angel-breeched Longshot.
Step 3: Laugh Maniacally.

Step 3 is required.

#215575 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 28 February 2009 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

Just looked at the description. "This rapid fire blaster comes with a new drum magazine that holds 35 darts and collapsible stock! Take your missions to the next level! Includes raider blaster, drum magazine, collapsible stock, and 30 darts."
30 Darts? WTF.

Wait.. :blink: WTF! You're right, it does say that... That seems kinda stupid. Hopefully it's a typo.

#212689 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 16 February 2009 - 02:45 AM in General Nerf

I'm still wondering why no one is interested in the re-release of the Supersoaker 50, or in these from the UK Nerf video:

Posted Image

The SS 50 was also announced in the press release from Hasbro.

As for the other Nerf blaster in the picture, it appears to be the Vengeance REV-8 that is found in the Wii N-Strike game. I just checked my copy of the game to look it up. It's just an 8-shot revolver, so a smaller Firefly without photoelectric darts.

But didn't the Vengeance fire "Magnum Darts", and have a weird silencer on the front? Those guns look nothing like any of the guns from the game, in my opinion.

If the Raider ends up sucking, I will still have a 35 round drum for my Longshot.

#214095 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 22 February 2009 - 12:31 AM in General Nerf

Whoa, that looks awesome. But yea, it does look like it'll snap in half. Who's gonna mod it right when they buy this gun, i wonder?

*raises hand* I have no use for stock guns...

#230113 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 13 May 2009 - 11:30 PM in General Nerf

"The more badass it looks, the more it sucks."

That's not true in any way.

How so?

Doomsayer.

Amazon is listing the raider, it's not available for pre order yet, but they are listing it:

http://www.amazon.co...2270641&sr=1-28

Did anyone else notice how that says "Nerf N-Strike Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 Dart Blaster - Blue"?
I smell a yellow Raider.

#230725 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by AssassinNF on 17 May 2009 - 02:59 AM in General Nerf

This red Recon I keep hearing about intrigues me... google is producing nothing for me, anyone got a link?

And Youtube rumors are usually about as intelligent as Youtube's userbase. The Raider will likely be $30-$40. Maybe $35 to have an Ammo=Price gimmick.

#105466 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by AssassinNF on 14 May 2007 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

1 Longshot w/ front barrel integration
1 Fucked up brass breech Longshot - WIP
My Double Titan - Cosmetics/Reinforcement in progress
4 AT3K's
1 SM3K
2 Magstrikes
1 ERTL Pump Shotgun
1 ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun
2 BBB's
1 Titan
1 RF20
1 Wildfire
3 Crossfires
1 Mega Nitefinder
5 NF's (assorted mods)
1 NF with sspb integration
5 Mavericks
2 Fireflies
1 Big Salvo
2 DTG's
1 neutered Doubleshot
1 Hornet
1 Scout
1 LBB
1 Sonic Bazooka
1 Homemade "Raptor" - leaking (working on fixing it)
1 Jet pistol (interesting little Walmart pistol)
A shitload of blowguns

and a giant pile of parts that used to be another 10-20 guns.

*bolded items are guns you can expect me to post soon

#164328 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by AssassinNF on 24 July 2008 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

And a pistol that's name I forget.

That's a Nite-Finder. ;)

And Just so my post isn't completely off-topic:

Longshot / Frontgun Combo
Longshot / DTG Combo (sig)
Longshot / Singled
Titan / DTG Combo (sig)
Titan / At3K Combo (sig)
Titan / Singled
RF20
2 Recons
4 Fireflies, 2 of which are scrapped
5 Mavs
Deagle Mav
Crossbow Rifle (sig)
5 Nite-Finders
5 Crossfires
Jet-Force Pistol
Big Salvo / Soon to be a Marvelous Salvo
2 SMDTG's / Soon to be scrapped for parts
2 DTG's
Hornet / Soon to be integrated
2 Singled AT3K's
AT3K / Brass Turret
Magstrike with 5 clips
SM3K
2 BBB's
ERTL Pump Shotgun
ERTL Rapid-Fire Shotgun
Double Nite-Finder
Diskshot
And many other guns that aren't worth posting (I would never use them in a war)

Soon to come:

The Behemoth (large turret emplacement - a springer with a 4" diameter plunger tube)
Vulcan
Marvelous Salvo
Volley Titan with a twist

#226990 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by AssassinNF on 28 April 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Yes as Tantum said it's actually $5-6 CHEAPER than McMaster.

I was unaware that McMaster sold brass. Anyone have a part number to verify this?

I've been getting my brass from Hobbylinc. They seem to have cheaper prices than most sites I've looked at.

#227119 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by AssassinNF on 29 April 2009 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Everything gets cheaper if you buy in volume

8859K34
Formable Brass (Alloy 260) Round Tube, 17/32" OD, 1' Length
In stock at $10.77 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 3

Just search for "brass tubing" to find the other sizes.

Thanks CS. McMaster's search function can be rather counterintuitive sometimes.

Hobbylinc's prices are much cheaper than Mcmaster's, though. And Hobbylinc tells you the shipping charges before you order. I'm sticking with them.

#235345 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by AssassinNF on 09 June 2009 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I can't listen to the 4th one until you guys get more Podomatic space, but I fucking loved the other 3. Anything that can hold my attention for over an hour is awesome in my book.

#237049 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by AssassinNF on 17 June 2009 - 11:15 PM in General Nerf

I listened to all of Ep5, and it was great.

I was nearing the end of it, and I was loving it, and then all of a sudden Brit mentioned the Creamsicle, and it made my day. Thank you so much guys, keep up the awesome work.