Lucian's Content

There have been 274 items by Lucian (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#244812 Zombie Apocalypse

Posted by Lucian on 30 July 2009 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

All I need is in that glass box, oh and I have read the first Zombie Survival Guide and its very funny!

#361973 Worst Mods/Paint Jobs You've Ever Done?

Posted by Lucian on 16 November 2017 - 11:06 AM in Modifications

In terms of aesthetics, probably this thing:

*snip*

Are you able to pump that thing while only holding the pump handle and pistol grip, or would that rip the tank away from the Nitefinder remnants? I think it looks great, it's a totally utilitarian blaster and I can see beauty in that! 

#278364 Wookie Bowcaster

Posted by Lucian on 23 June 2010 - 01:29 PM in Modifications

Nothing is wrong with that, that’s normal range for a Wookie bowcaster. Otherwise open it up and see if the tubing to the barrel has a hole in it or is damaged.

#263219 Winter Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 25 January 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite now, I can’t wait to see some familiar faces and meet some of the New Jersey nerfers.

#263726 Winter Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 29 January 2010 - 11:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, so now I am giving Cheesy a ride to the war so he is a definate as well. We'll be uplate prepairing for the next few hours.

#260713 Winter Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 04 January 2010 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Would you guys have any problem with me bringing my Doomsayer which I plan to tone down to about 70' ranges?

#260565 Winter Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 03 January 2010 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

You can add me as a maybe also.
Whats the playing feild like?

#263833 Winter Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 30 January 2010 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Skitzo, where the hell were you? You really missed out on the fun.

Highlights:
Meeting Silencer, Twitch (no not that Twitch), and the group of 11 year olds that said they were 13...
The shield game type being quite successful.
Not having my RFSG break at all
My captain slug breech not failing on me
3/15 Team Death match with pistols/stock guns on the playground
Finding at least 600 darts with Cheesy after everyone went home
Taking one of the teams of two during Shield death match
Hitting Cheesy in the elbow while he was trying to hide behind a tree from 50ft
Hand warmers and Hot Coco

Negatives:
The fucking cold...
Z80 nailing me in the head with a Nat geo gun shooting mega darts
DX nailing me in the head with an insane PAS while I was running from him
Teams were unbalanced in some rounds

I will edit more in, but I think I need to take a nap.

#188439 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Lucian on 09 November 2008 - 11:14 AM in General Nerf

Back when I was 12, I used to search youtube and other video sites for hours, then one day I decided to type in nerf. I then found this http://www.metacafe....rf_gun_hack.swf I tried the mod, then continued to search for nerf mods until I found Nerfhaven

#278713 Vacuum Forming And Nerf

Posted by Lucian on 27 June 2010 - 10:56 AM in Homemades

We have one of these at the shop. A friend of mine who knows my hobby has kept bugging me to use it. I've thought about it for nerf, but never really pursued it much simply because of how the plastic tends to slant over sharp edges. If you can somehow fold those down more before removing the blaster, that might make this a bit more functional. Heat gun maybe?

Next I am going to try to raise the shell above the surface of the former so that the edges are sharper.

Is your intention to use these as molds or just use the vacuformed sheet as a shell?

Well if I form with thick enough plastic, Homemade internals could easily be made for the gun, but I may just do something like fiberglass the inside of the mold I made for an exact size replica.

Trying to work with acrylic that thick will melt the actual SS2 before you ever get sharp corners.
You need those sharp corners.
Switch to styrene. And probably no more than .060" thick.
Get some practice under your belt, then you can think about thicker or higher-melt sheet goods.

Its not acrylic, but .030 Petg sheeting. I am very much aware that I need to get the corners sharper, do you think setting the toaster to 500 degrees and using a shop-vacc would solve the problem?

That is extremely neat, but how do you plan on getting the plastic back to the shape of the SS2, since right now it is slightly larger?

Well if I use a thick enough plastic, I could use it as a shell for homemade internals. Or I could fiberglass the inside of the already made mold for a shell that was to scale.

Edit: I tested the mold I made with a mix called Perma-stone-

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Seems to work well, but I really need to fix the edges.

#278787 Vacuum Forming And Nerf

Posted by Lucian on 27 June 2010 - 11:10 PM in Homemades

Legit Double post:

Click Here for a video of making the SS2 Shell.

This is a great video of the process of vacuum forming. Kudos to Nerfer 9 for editing it for me!

#278676 Vacuum Forming And Nerf

Posted by Lucian on 26 June 2010 - 11:56 PM in Homemades

For several months I have been planning what I was going to do, in order to give back to the the NIC I benefited so much from. And in the past few weeks, I have been perfecting the process of Vacuum forming nerf guns.

Vacuum forming, commonly known as vacuforming, is a simplified version of thermoforming, whereby a sheet of plastic is heated to a forming temperature, stretched onto or into a single-surface mold, and held against the mold by applying vacuum between the mold surface and the sheet. The vacuum forming process can be used to make most product packaging, speaker casings and even car dashboards.

Vacuum formers are simple to make and not difficult to use at all. Even Shrub could do it! I won’t take the time to show you how to do it, simply because thousands of people have already done a great job that on Youtube. Go make your own and you won’t regret it.

The goal of this project is to bring back guns of the past, and my objective this whole time has been towards replicating the Crossbow in particular. While I have not fully achieved this, I have had relative success with a replicating half an SS2 shell, and Here is a link to a video that Nerfer 9 edited for me.
102_1080.jpg102_1079.jpg102_1086.jpg102_1090.jpg102_1085.jpg102_1084.jpg

Although this project is nowhere near finished, and I am not about to stop until I reach my goal, I hope that the NIC will see this idea and run with it.

#290262 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by Lucian on 06 December 2010 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

Hello again Nerfhaven, today I’ll be showing you how to give your Ultimator a clear plunger tube, minimize the dead-space, and get it to work with a normal compression spring.

Please refer to the write up and the Mcmaster list at the bottom of the page for a materials list.

Step one.
Get your Ultimator
Posted Image
And open it up
Posted Image

Step 2.
Take the barrel and spring
Posted Image
And put them aside

Step 3.
Order a 1’ section of 2.5” ID 2.75” OD Polycarbonate tubing, a pack of K14 springs, and a 2” to 1/2” PVC reducing bushing from Mcmaster
Posted Image

Step 4.
Slap a large metal washer in front of the priming-mech to protect the plastic (Ignore the [k26] spring)
Posted Image

Then go ahead and slide on a cut down K14 spring and bolt the plunger head back on

Step 5. Machining the Plunger tube.
First, cut a slot on the top and bottom of the plunger tube, using the stock one as a guide. I did this using my Band-saw.
Posted Image
The slots were 1.25” wide, on both sides, and went down about 1.75”

Then you will need to line up the plunger tube for the 2 holes on each side that secure the plunger tube to the gun Posted Image
And drill them out with a 3/8” drill bit
Posted Image
I screwed this part up a bit and had to widen the holes.

#290374 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by Lucian on 07 December 2010 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

I must be wrong, but from the looks of the catch mechanism, is the plunger rod held back by just friction? that can't be right.

Nothing but friction, surprisingly.

Lucian, correct me if I am wrong, but that catch looks very similar to the mechanism used on smooth rod caulk guns.

Judging by Bob's post, and our discussions in #nerfchat.it seems to be the same system

One question though, do you think the catch needs to be reinforced at all? I don't know much about friction catches, but that K14 is BEEFY!

Not at all, it is made out of metal after all.

I'm quite surprised you only get 115' (though it's still plenty of range) out of this mod. The Ultimator has a shockingly huge air cylinder. I don't know how you might test it, but how does the strength of the [k26] springs matchup to the stock spring? How does it do with fewer pumps? I'm left wondering if it's still discharging air long after the dart has left the barrel.

I'll get back to you once I test it with a longer barrel.

Very well done, now this a blaster with style. Out of curiosity, what is the approximate air volume of the plunger tube?
Edit: In the step one pic, "open it up" I can see approximately 8 different colors/textures of carpet in an area roughly 6' x 4'. I just wanted to point that out.

With the plunger head 10 inches from the front, the volume is 49.08"^3

#290263 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by Lucian on 06 December 2010 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Step 6.
Assemble the gun, tape the bushing, bolt it in, and slap a hopper on it
Posted Image

Alternatively, you can keep the stock spring, and just use the clear plunger tube for a striking visual effect
Posted Image

And for those of you that are curious, this is how the Ultimator catch system works Posted Image

Issues with this mod:
The Ultimator was able to send a Slug dart 115’ in about 8-10 pumps, however I came across the issue of the plunger rod gradually slipping forward. Maybe some fine tuning will correct it, but be aware of this issue if you decide to do the mod.

Mcmaster-Carr #s:
Plunger tube- 8585K341 1 Ft. Polycarbonate Round Tube, 2-3/4" Od, 2-1/2" Id, 1' Length, Clear

Plunger Tube Bushing- 4880K172 1 Each Std-wall (schedule 40) White Pvc Pipe Fitting, 2" X 1/2", Hex Bushing, Pipe End Male X Socket F

K14 Springs- 9637K14 1 Pack Continuous-length Compression Spring, Spring-tempered Stl, 11" L, 1.093" Od, .105" Wire

Feel free to post and questions, comments, and concerns. I hope this write up was worth your time to read.

#290434 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by Lucian on 07 December 2010 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

I'll put a video up of shooting and priming this beast as soon as my neighbor stops playing Online Poker; so my internet doesn't die every time I try to upload it...

And yes, Blue and Ted, it still shoots the original rocket, which I still have.

And I will try a new longer barrel, once I take off the extension spring.

#202172 Turret Spacer Templates

Posted by Lucian on 09 January 2009 - 09:08 PM in Modifications

It seems to be ABS plastic, and by the way, great job, but you might want to include a spacer template for rapid fire 20's.

#194804 To Mod Or Not To Mod?

Posted by Lucian on 08 December 2008 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

You guys are forgetting that if you paint the inside, you can’t paint where the internal supports are, or at least it would make the gun look weird.

#195092 Time To Get In The Spirit (2008)

Posted by Lucian on 09 December 2008 - 08:53 PM in Off Topic

My parents couldn't put up our tree this year since our new kittens were climbing it.
But I might edit in some pics from last year.

#231168 The Nerf Mortar

Posted by Lucian on 18 May 2009 - 07:25 PM in Homemades

Hang tight, I am assembling (sp?) mine right now, I should have pics up this week.

#285025 The Faux Bow

Posted by Lucian on 07 September 2010 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

That gun really does have quite an impressive plunger volume.

2 questions:
How is the stock seal on the plunger head? And, how comfortable is that grip? It seems a little iffy from the pictures

#321172 Thank You NerfHaven!

Posted by Lucian on 29 August 2012 - 05:04 AM in Off Topic

Nice to see you Parkway, tell Zach I say hi!

#262958 Template Directory

Posted by Lucian on 24 January 2010 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

WTF? Double post.

#262957 Template Directory

Posted by Lucian on 24 January 2010 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

This could be very helpful for planning about job, but some of the templates are quite crude...

#288015 Talio's War

Posted by Lucian on 06 November 2010 - 09:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Im out I'll just host my own war.

Well thanks for fucking up this one!

The 13th still works for me, if you guys still want to do a small war.

#287322 Talio's War

Posted by Lucian on 21 October 2010 - 07:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm game for any date in November. Cant wait.

#288155 Talio's War

Posted by Lucian on 08 November 2010 - 07:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Well fuck.

My dad forgot about this war, scheduled some shit, and my chances of making this have been crippled.

#288025 Talio's War

Posted by Lucian on 06 November 2010 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I said it before, and just because you asked me to koree, I will be there for your war, the 13th.

#288364 Talio's War

Posted by Lucian on 13 November 2010 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I presume the war is over by now, how was it? And how many people actually showed up?

#176934 Super Soaker

Posted by Lucian on 12 September 2008 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

I personally don’t know how to fix it but I know someone on this site does http://www.sscentral.org/ so just search a little.
I guess I will use my 2nd post for my new couplered turret from a maverick

~Lucian

2010 Filter Test:

sub-optimal
loser
Effeminate

#280741 Stampede: Leaked

Posted by Lucian on 19 July 2010 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#275381 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 20 May 2010 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

So for this Saturday we have:

Me
balisticjoe
JATDO
alextwin007
imaseoulman
SnowFall +1-2 guests
area5100

Who else still?

Edit: List update

#274597 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 12 May 2010 - 02:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I say we split this into 2 wars, one the 22nd, and maybe another Bcno June 5th

Or we could just move the war to May 23 which is Sunday.

#275413 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 20 May 2010 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

There’s enough people for this Saturday, I'll be there, and hopefully the 29th too

#275490 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 21 May 2010 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite for tomorrow. BTW, people mentioned weight restrictions...what is this? This is the 5th season of BCNOs and there have never been any restrictions on dart weight or guns here in the past. I've been using slingshot weights since 2006 and there's never been a problem, even when I was still using Max as a primary. I barely check NH during the spring due to track canceling out all the weekends during the spring semester, so if something has changed, let me know. Dart weight restrictions have been non-existent at these older, tri-state area wars. AKA if something has changed across the hobby, it has passed me by...

I don't think anyone said anything about weight restrictions. Just be responsible guys, and we wont have a problem.

#275437 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 21 May 2010 - 04:38 AM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: If anyone has a spare [k26], 2k turret spacer for petg, or titan barrel I could really use them at the war.

I got a 2k spacer for you, and perhaps even a Titan Barrel

#275515 Spring Bcno

Posted by Lucian on 21 May 2010 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck Yea, glad to have there Silencer, dont forget the +bow, I'll have the 3k I hope.

Oh and I got a guest with me, my friend Mac, this will be his first NIC war.

#362258 [WIP / Design] Homemade Crossbow

Posted by Lucian on 15 January 2018 - 01:50 PM in Homemades

Hey, long time no see! Welcome back friend! This is awesome work!

I'd encourage you to reconsider that priming mechanism - it looks like you'd be putting a lot of torque into the delrin rails as you prime? 

I'd recommend looking at how people have been priming Tornado Bows! 

#360603 [CT] NENO 17 Saturday June 17th

Posted by Lucian on 16 June 2017 - 12:14 PM in Nerf Wars

So it looks like it'll be scattered thunderstorms and rain the whole time.

ASLTIU9.png

It'd be irresponsible to not reschedule the war. 

#354651 [CT] Connecticut Nerf Out - Norwalk - Saturday, July 2nd

Posted by Lucian on 28 June 2016 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

See you there + 1. I might need someone to spot my GF a blaster, we'll see how my Marshmellow Blaster mod goes!