Wookie Bowcaster

Need Help!

12 replies to this topic

#1 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

My Wookie bow caster all of a sudden stopped shooting. The darts go about 5 feet. Could anyone give me any advice to fix this problem?

#2 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Nothing is wrong with that, that’s normal range for a Wookie bowcaster. Otherwise open it up and see if the tubing to the barrel has a hole in it or is damaged.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#3 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

No way, the Bowcaster goes a bit farther than that. Can you post some pics or explain what went wrong? Like a big snap noise or dropped it?

Edited by Foam Ninja, 23 June 2010 - 01:31 PM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#4 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

No way, the Bowcaster goes a bit farther than that. Can you post some pics or explain what went wrong? Like a big snap noise or dropped it?

uhm, it justed started to stop woorking, no noises, never dropped, the air tube is in pretty bad condition, but therre isn't any holes.
Buy this stuff^

#5 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

Okay, what the hell does "not working mean"? Describe what happens. Does it even cock? Does it not latch? what happens when you pull the trigger Are you using bungies or just the tubes it already has?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#6 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

Okay, what the hell does "not working mean"? Describe what happens. Does it even cock? Does it not latch? what happens when you pull the trigger Are you using bungies or just the tubes it already has?

The tube it already has. and it cocks and fires, but sometimes the dart doesn't even fire, or just goes 2-5 feet
Buy this stuff^

#7 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

If you have the bow arms on, try attaching 2 big rubber bands to each side. it really helps the range a lot.

#8 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

Look. Let's stop wasting bytes here. Post pics, and post a firing vid. Otherwise, playing twenty questions is just going to waste time, annoy users, get you nowhere.
Fugly is a feature.

#9 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

I got it to work. I removed the AR, and took out the trigger, so it's like an actual crossbow. I pull back the cocker and let go-fires about 25 feet!!
Buy this stuff^

#10 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Just so you know, "actual crossbows" had triggers.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#11 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Just so you know, "actual crossbows" had triggers.

yea i know, i realized that after i posted it, and don't know how to change it. More of a bow and arrow.
Buy this stuff^

#12 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

yea i know, i realized that after i posted it, and don't know how to change it. More of a bow and arrow.

There's a button labeled "Edit" at the bottom of your post by the reply button. Click it and you can change stuff in your posts.

#13 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

There's a button labeled "Edit" at the bottom of your post by the reply button. Click it and you can change stuff in your posts.

OK, thanks for the help.
Buy this stuff^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users