Renegade's Content

There have been 408 items by Renegade (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#80725 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 24 April 2006 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

My X-bow needed some originality, besideds the chunk missing when I got it. So I pimped it out the only way I know how. NES Style.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#114758 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 06 July 2007 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

It's the stock colors. It's a variant of the SM750 that was released before it in 1996 as part of the Larami Supermaxx Extreme line. The color is different and the internals are redish orange unlike most nerf guns offwhite internals.

#80735 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 24 April 2006 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

That X-bow is awesome, Renegade...old-school video game stickers are a unique touch. By the way, are those stefans in the hole on the left side of the gun, or do my eyes deceive me?

Just segments of foam to stabalize the plunger assembly, and something to fill in the gap. Foam in every possible empty space to lessen the echoe when fired. And because I can.

#114647 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 05 July 2007 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Petg Modded SupermaxxExtreme700

#104113 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 05 May 2007 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Here's my newly modded sm5k. Been working on it for the past week or so. Wanted a long range gun that could shoot stock darts and mega stefans. This bolt actually give me a very fast reload time. I feel that RoF is more important than range on a gun. I'm able to just push the bolt forward, shove a dart in then pull it right back. No fiddling around with a removable breech barrel for me. The stock makes it a lot easier to aim and is comfortable. The silencer works, but not as well as larger ones do. It's constructed of 1/2'' Thinwall PVC for the main "barrel" and 1'' Thinwall PVC for the outer body. It lessens the loud long pop to a quick less audible "woomp." Do silencer's serve a purpose in a real nerf war? I believe yes and no, but that's for another time. Anyway, to the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mods:
Tank Relocated

Pump Plugged

Bolt Action Breech Barrel System

Accessories:
Stock

Silencer

Did some range test's mega stefans got 97-100 feet, and stock taggers 92ish feet.

#168979 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 14 August 2008 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

Crossbow Pr0n.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66333 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 22 October 2005 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

*snip*

Your barrels look slightly crooked.

Here's a few of my modded guns.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Rf20's clipmodded also.

#127308 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Renegade on 25 October 2007 - 01:26 PM in News

Wait, so why is everyone saying it'll have ranges like a Maverick? Isn't the blue arm that comes out when cocked back the plunger rod? This would mean it'd act the same way as a NF, LS, etc.

Posted Image

#62215 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Renegade on 18 August 2005 - 05:31 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just wait for The WU to end, at the estimated date of November 30th. :lol:

#62211 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Renegade on 18 August 2005 - 05:15 PM in Off Topic

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, since I don't really want to read through the whole topic, but is there a way I can make My Laptop only do small WU's or disable large WU's? Since it's running a rather large one now, and can't really handle the large ones.

#62542 Firefly Mod

Posted by Renegade on 25 August 2005 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

No offense intended to Renegade.

None taken, and you're right, this mod's really just about adding a little range, and the ability to shoot stefans.

Right Now, I'm inserting a new spring, reinforcing it, and putting brass stubs in the stock barrels, after the peg removal. So I'll add that to this topic, once finished, and get some ranges up.

#62533 Firefly Mod

Posted by Renegade on 25 August 2005 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

Renegade’s Basic Firefly Mod Write-Up

Step 1-- Grab a Phillips screwdriver and unscrew all of the screws on the casing. You don’t need to unscrew the cocking mech.
Posted Image

Step2—Unscrew the screws on the plunger tube.(the Black Tube). And pull it out.
Posted Image
Don’t lose this piece!
Posted Image

Step3—Unscrew all the screws that secure the turret.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Step4—Take the turret out, and unscrew the triangle of screws, that are shown in the next picture.
Posted Image

Step5—Take out this screw that’s shown in the next picture, and pull off the white part.
Posted Image

Step6—Unscrew the set of screws shown.
Posted Image

Step7—Use a flathead screwdriver to pry around the edges of the turret, where the clear plastic meets the white, like shown.
Posted Image

Step8—Once you have taken apart the turret, the 3 pronged pieces, and springs, should fall out, you don’t need these pieces.
Posted Image

Please do not post until The rest is up, since there's a 10 picture per post limit.

#62561 Firefly Mod

Posted by Renegade on 25 August 2005 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

Here's some pictures, of what I did to reinforce the gun to handle a bigger spring.

First, cut a section of K&S Aluminum, sheet metal, and cut it in a square, the size of the blue, piece that holds the spring in the plunger tube.

Second, Cut a hole big enough for the plunger rod to easily get out of.
Posted Image

Then, Sand/cut off the ridge around the black plunger tube,
Posted Image

Next, Cement the Metal to the blue piece.
Posted Image

Finally, Place it back in to the gun.
Posted Image

And now it's ready for a new, stronger spring.

#62534 Firefly Mod

Posted by Renegade on 25 August 2005 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

Step9—Take a screwdriver/ other object that will fit in the barrels, and smash, the pegs out of the barrels.
Posted Image

Step10—Now, put the Turret back together. Place the Silver, part, back, and slide the clear casing over the barrels. Then place the white piece over the bottom of the barrels.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Step11—Now place the white parts back onto the turret, and screw the “triangles” back in., then Screw it onto the case, where it was before.
Posted Image

Step12—Make sure to put this white part back or the turret won’t rotate.
Posted Image

Step13—Now it’s time to screw the plunger tube back on. Don’t forget to Place the spring, and blue piece into the front of the Plunger tube.
Posted Image

Step14—Place the cocking mech over the blue cocking lever. It Should look something like this.( I took out the light, since I found it useless, to do this simply, unscrew the things, and yank it out.)
Posted Image

Step15—Make sure you put the front orange piece, back onto the case, and plunger.

Step16—Screw the case back together, load the gun up with some stefans, and have fun.
(Note: Stefans should be pushed down a ways into the barrel, to achieve max distance)

I’ll Range test later tonight, since it’s raining out, ranges seem the same with the glow darts, but the stefans fly out with a pretty good speed, across my basement.(25ft)

#62552 Firefly Mod

Posted by Renegade on 25 August 2005 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

I tried to do that but I can't get the barrel open. I took the flat head pushed it in as far as possible and pried it all around the turret but all I got was cracked plastic. I have tried this numerous times. Any suggestions?  :wacko:

I'd Push down, with your thumb, the plastic inbetween the barrel's and then insert the screwdriver into the small gap it should make. Then hit the bottom of the screw driver, push and wiggle it upward, on each gap, repeatedly, and it should come loose.

#79601 C.s.h.g.

Posted by Renegade on 11 April 2006 - 06:10 PM in Homemades

Wow, I never thought this would get out of the planning stage. Good job, and good luck finishing it.

#116967 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by Renegade on 24 July 2007 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

So....it's tricksleeve's mod?

#101840 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2007 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

LastManAlive: The shells still eject, but not as far as normall. Due to the extra weight, and that lip being farther down.

Forsaken_angel24: I just stuck some extra Nerf Crossbow stickers on it because cx did. And for some originality. As it looked like most other maxshots.

#101758 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 03 April 2007 - 01:48 PM in Modifications

I Haven't seen anyone with much of a DoubleShot Write-up minus shell mods and tricksleeve's. Since no one post's Mod Write-Up's anymore, here it is.

Renegade’s Double Shot Mod

Posted Image

Here we have a stock DoubleShot. All of mine have been horrible stock. This is mainly because of the large “barrel.” The darts usually bounce off the sides and get stuck, or barely leave the barrel. To remedy this, we’ll be sawing off most of the barrel. And then Putting CPVC in the shells for a tighter fit. This allows for the shells to still eject even after being modded.

Step One: Use a hacksaw and saw off your barrels as short as you would like. I cut them right inline with the yellow fore grip.

Posted Image

Step Two: My DS Didn’t let shells eject just by flipping it down with one hand so I took out a little piece that gives it some friction and clicks when it is bent. It is the entire small spring and plastic lever. I used a screwdriver and pried it out.

Posted Image

Step Three: We’re pretty much done with the main gun for now. The next step involves the shells. Cut the shells just below where it dips and gets smaller. CPVC should fit right inside. I cut my CPVC to 2 inches. This kept it near the original shells, although longer lengths could be used but the shells may not eject properly. Use hot glue to seal it. Make the glue nice and close to the shell so none hangs over.

Posted Image

OPTIONAL: I did not see any noticeable range increase from the following step. Although it should give a slight increase.

Step Four: Use a drill to make the hole in the back of the shells a little bit larger. DO NOT make it larger than the small plastic circle protruding out of the shell. This makes the seal.

Posted Image

Step Five: I decided to cut the trigger guard as I felt it got in the way of my fingers. It may not be the same for you.

Posted Image

And now we have a modded DoubleShot. It’s more compact, can shoot farther, and can now shoot stefans. I put some e tape on the handle for comfort.

Posted Image

Ranges are at least 40 feet. I’ll do some more accurate range tests later.

#101844 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2007 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Well I did open up the gun once. With the small section of tubing connecting the plunger to the "barrel" I didn't think much could be done there. I did try to make the orange hole where the sir comes out a little bigger. I don't think it really affected it much, so I kept it out of this Write-Up.

I've noticed some difference in firing one dart vs two. Not sure how to fix this. I'll check into it after I finish my nitemav and that write-up.

#118910 Nitemav Version:2

Posted by Renegade on 08 August 2007 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I've seen that write up at least ten times, but what I really need to see is the dremmel work done to actually fit in the NiteFinder plunger. I have used this write up to the best of my abilities, but until I can see how the plunger tube fits in, I'm at a dead end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simply Dremel, Sand, Dremel. I used a drill bit to get the plastic sticking out off of theere then sand paper for a long time.

#62978 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 03 September 2005 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

This is a working Nerf grenade, that can be loaded with MANY stefans, or 3 nerf balls. It is constructed from a folding frisbee, (It's a very thin cloth-like frisbee, with a circle wire around the end, so it can be folded up,) It is folded in half, filled with as many stefans as possible, then, folded back into a "ball". Once thrown, the frisbee opens up and flings the stefans forward.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Depending on the Tightness of the fold, can be thrown and explode in mid flight, or set to explode after impact. It can spew stefans over a very large radious, and when thrown, almost ALL of the stefans fly straight. It's perfect for throwing around corners, over bases and barricades, a suicide charge, and stopping people from rushing. it could also be thrown up high into the air, and rain stefans down upon the enemy.

Jester and I created this around 2-3 years ago, but used nerf balls with it, so it wasn't very practical. But a few months ago, I found the frisbee's from before, and filled it with stefans, and was amazed at how well it shot them out, and how they all flew forward. I've used this in some wars, and it's very effective against, barricades, and charging opponents.

Here are some video's showing how it works, and the grenade in action.

Setup of the Grenade

The Grenade in action!

The Grenade in action...again!

Note: the grenade is filled with 1& 1/2 inch stefans, so filling it it smaller stefans would prove to have an even more devestating effect. :D

I'm currently looking for the company that makes them, and might be able to order custom Barricade Buster frisbee's and sell them, but for now, I only have around 4 frisbees. :nugget:

#63007 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 03 September 2005 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

Very cool!
How many stefans can you fit in there?

Well, I can fit 20+ 1 to1.5in. stefans in it. So stefans cut down to 1/3 of the size of the 1.5in. ones, would be able to hold 60+ stefans in one, and should fly out with the same velocity.

As for accurate range, not quit sure, but it shoots the stefans quite far, and if folded up tightly, would open after being thrown a considerable distance. I should be able to test it within the next day or so.

If anyone tries it, post if it works for you or not.

#62987 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 03 September 2005 - 05:08 PM in Homemades

Try and host it on putfile

Yep, that's what they were on before, but they didn't work for most people, and that's what I'm going to host them on again.

The Video's are up again, and they work now. <_<

#63041 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 04 September 2005 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

Two concerns:

1) Is it fail-safe? Will it ever be packed too tightly that it does not open?

2) Do the Stefans come out hard enough to let the person know that they've been hit?

A general question to anyone considering using them in a war setting; if you throw this directly at someone, is it a hit? Or do you have to wait until the Stefan chunks touch the person?

Usually before I throw it, I slightly open it, so it'll open up when thrown softly, but when filled to the max with stefans, should open almost every time.
If packed tightly, but still having a decent amount of stefans, will open almost every time if thrown "fast".

Well, I haven't been hit by one yet, but other's know when they're hit.
I'll edit this in a little while since i'm about to Nerf and i'll see if i can feel it.

If someones hit with the packed frisbee, we consider it a dud, and won't count, but can be used against the others or the ammo from the insides can be used.

#63280 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 07 September 2005 - 08:38 PM in Homemades

Here's a video showing that the grenade has some pretty good range. It's in Quicktime though, since lost the free trial on my video converter.

The Grenade's got some distance!
(The Tapping sounds are the stefans hitting the fence)

And I don't think the other Grenades, suck at all. I've made, Taita's Grenade, and NerfMonkey's Grenades, and they both work quite well.

#69881 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 26 December 2005 - 02:48 PM in Homemades

I notice that all of the movies show the grenade opening up and releasing the darts in mid-air, can you show a movie (or can you even make it) where the grenade "explodes" on impact with the floor or wall?

As per request.

Off the wall action!

Yep, first throw wasn't hard enough. Then my 3 cans of Mountain Dew kicked in, leaped and threw it at the wall, where it then exploded. It might be a little hard to see, but the second throw hits the wall and explodes to the side. Then, I dance for joy, as I run to the camera.

#69865 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 26 December 2005 - 01:40 AM in Homemades

Yes, this thread is old, but I am replying with some more video's and stuff!

This video shows the grenade being thrown indoors. The sounds of the stefans hitting the wall show that it has quite a bit of power.
Indoor Grenade Action

Notice the rather large "killzone" of the grenade when filled with only around 20 stefans.

I will be using this grenade, along with my primary , in an indoor war this week. I will post some more results, and try to possibly have video from the actual war.

Edit/ It appears that the original video's from the first page don't work, but I hope this video explains/shows how everything works./Edit

#70315 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 02 January 2006 - 06:56 PM in Homemades

Nice job.  This looks pretty fun.  I'm not sure about practicality in a war, though, because transporting these looks farily touchy.  I mean, you can carry the frisbees and the darts/balls, but can you carry them loaded and ready to fire, but hands-free?  I'd prefer to still have a gun or two in my hands, but I don't want to have to load a grenade in the middle of a battle if I don't have to.

I built a ducttape and cardboard holster to hold one at my side. The grenades can be loaded and put into a loose cargo pocket and will not explode. Worst scenario, with the grenade in a pocket, you'd have a stefan or two fall out. I've kept one or two grenade's in one of my pocket, and have ben able to quickly pull them out to stop rusher's and have them not explode in my hand. I've also been able to fit them even tighter to lob to teammates for them to use during a war.

#63432 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 10 September 2005 - 04:12 PM in Homemades

The frisbee's are little promotional giveaways that can be bought for a company and such. I got mine with my schools name and address on it. I'd be able to sell "RenegadeNerf" frisbees for $2 each, as long as I get at least 100 orders. :)

#63424 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 10 September 2005 - 01:32 PM in Homemades

Oh I didn't see where you said it hit the fence. That's pretty good distance. What 30+?

Actually, Fence to Fence the distance is 67 ft. The camera was set on a board on the fence, and I threw it at about 10 feet out. Note that not all of the stefans hit the fence, some didn't go out as far, but all went forward.

As for weighting the frisbee: That time it wasn't "full" with stefans, but when loaded to the max and folded very tightly can be thrown pretty far before exploding.

I'll try and get some more video up tonight, since it's 90 degrees out and I don't want to pick up all the stefans.

#111893 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 18 June 2007 - 05:28 PM in Homemades

CaptainSlug made a video, the more tightly you wrap it, the longer it stays shut, or so I've heard. Enjoy.

I made videos too.......and the barricade buster.

But I don't fold it like captainslug. I'll post videos sometime soon. Maybe another showing my grenade launching stefans 50+ feet and hitting a fence.

#74218 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Renegade on 24 February 2006 - 11:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have a black metal table that I use for mass producing stefans. Not HIGH quality stefans that i'd use in my primary's, but stefans good enough for spring pistols. They're not horrible stefans by any means, just not good enough for "high" powered guns.

Posted Image

All of those stefans are finished, but I went through and clipped excess glue, and added glue/smoothed out some after they were done to ensure decent quality darts.

Just a little batch of 300 or so stefans.

#84542 Boltsniper Bs-9 Nerf Tactical Sidearm

Posted by Renegade on 07 July 2006 - 07:58 PM in Homemades

You win.

#75190 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Renegade on 04 March 2006 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there any hotels within the immediate area of the war site? As in a short walk/cab to there? Since my parents don't really want to ride with "some stranger" to my "Nerf Tournament".

Another question, would my Barricade Buster's be allowed?

#75263 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Renegade on 05 March 2006 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Midwest sucks in terms of any kind of nerf war; maybe in a year or two I'll make it out to one of the Armageddons.

~ompa

Hey now. This year I'll be hosting Farmageddon. It will most likely become an annual thing. We're only 2 and a half or so hours from you ompa. Nerfdude would most likely come out, and by with just people from my clan/school we would EASILY have 10+ people. I'll probably start a planning thread within the next month.

#75645 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Renegade on 09 March 2006 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Any possible way it could be on a weekday?

#75648 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Renegade on 09 March 2006 - 04:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Any possible way it could be on a weekday?

No.

*sigh* :) Thought so.

Woah, I don't think I'll be able to make it to Glendora anyway, since I'll be in Los Angeles. Anyway, have a good one guys.

Edit/ Hmm, only 30 minutes away from LA. I'll have to get some stuff worked out. But I may be there.

#50092 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by Renegade on 20 March 2005 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Nice work, I like it. I think it looks cool.

#135770 Nerf Hornet Revamp

Posted by Renegade on 12 January 2008 - 11:26 PM in General Nerf

At my local Toys R Us today and spotted the coolest nerf gun EVAR.

Behold.

Posted Image

A motherfutchin purple hornet.

Hand me a cigarette.

Edit/ $19.95 yo /Edit