Borgadin's Content

There have been 15 items by Borgadin (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#326331 Recon Shoulder Stock mod

Posted by Borgadin on 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

As long as you dont drop it because Acrylic shatters easyly.

#286207 Nerf Modification Spring Sizes

Posted by Borgadin on 28 September 2010 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

I'm 90% sure McMaster ships worldwide, so there's your primary source.

I´ve looked through the help section and haven´t found anything on shipping destinations.

Cannibalizing other objecs (Nerf or not) is another option, but here's the kicker- go to a few local hardware stores, look in the aisles with all the screws, washers, and other metal doodads, and see if there are springs there!

I for one have already looked through most hardware store chains in this country (I´m from Germany too)and have yet to find any decent springs which even fit over a NF plunger rod let alone any which might fit a Raider or any other of the recent reverse plunger guns.It is also a very bad idea to experiment with springs on a 100+ dollar blaster(price of Blaster(+>$10 from a seller that ships internationally)+shipping(>$30)+Customs fee+19%taxes) (if you want something isn´t a NF Mav or that doesn´t have Recon internals)so the Specifications(strength+wire thickness) and Dimensions(length+width) of of springs would greatly help trying to find a local supplier which would be cheaper(less shipping cost+no extra customs fees),easier to obtain and faster.
Thank You for Your Time
Borgadin
Edit: Link to a German modding Forum --> Nerf Modding.de <--

#286137 Nerf Modification Spring Sizes

Posted by Borgadin on 27 September 2010 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

If you perform a forum search for the nerf blaster you intend to modify, you will be able to find the springs commonly used in said modification.

I believe he means the dimensions and specs of the springs and not the types of springs(which can indeed be found in the threads)

#274991 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Borgadin on 16 May 2010 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

@Just Some Bob:Thank You for Your help !That was just the type of Data I was looking for,with that page I might even find a Retailer in Germany that sells it. :D
Thanks again You have been very helpful!
Borgadin

#274963 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Borgadin on 16 May 2010 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

Why don't you just bring one of your darts to a store that sells brass and get the size that fits your darts good.

Because I´m trying to help some fellow German Nerfers to get supplies for an Angel-Breech but for it to work we need the right materials (it doesn´t only have to fit the darts but into each other as well)so I need dimensions to see if I can get it in this Country(I´m not sure whether They sell it here) or what alternative material I can find.
Thank You for Your time
Borgadin

#274941 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Borgadin on 16 May 2010 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

Hello I need some Measurements of Brass Pipes and would be thankful if Someone could provide them.Why? You ask it´s simple:I live in Germany and we use the Metric System here so measurements in inches are of no use to me(Due to variations in conversion ratios).I need the ID´s, OD´s and Wall thicknesses(in Millimetres) of 1/2", 17/32" 9/16" and 19/32" Brass.
Thank You in advance
Borgadin

#269236 Doubled Recon With Twin Drums

Posted by Borgadin on 15 March 2010 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Instead of screws You could try threaded rod, nuts and washers.It would allow You to open up the Blasters afterwards for maintenance (sp?) or further modding.

#152139 Favorite Role-playing Game

Posted by Borgadin on 20 April 2008 - 08:26 AM in Off Topic

I´ve played D&D and Earthdawn for anyone who is interested Earthdawn on Wikipedia

#124100 Graffiti Mop

Posted by Borgadin on 25 September 2007 - 01:31 AM in Off Topic

Just Google it.Or follow this link:Graffiti Forum

#123242 Happy Birthday, Captain Slug!

Posted by Borgadin on 16 September 2007 - 06:12 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday!

#122729 100th Post

Posted by Borgadin on 11 September 2007 - 08:27 PM in Off Topic

I am not trying to insult You but what exactly is the point of a Thread about 2 different types of root Vegetable in a Nerf Forum no matter whether it is in the off topic section or not?

#122713 Using Two "cylinders" To Fire More Darts For Rapid Fire 20

Posted by Borgadin on 11 September 2007 - 07:01 PM in Modifications

If You build it you should not let the CO2 directly into the System, if you want the Blaster to last you would need a "heating" chamber because as soon as the CO2 leaves its tank it will expand and cool the surrounding matter, which is the reason why CO2 is usually a bad idea in Plastics. The lower the Temperature the higher the probability of the Plastic shattering.The best way to get around this would be to build a series of 2 tanks, 1 metal one for the heating of the CO2 followed by the second plastic Air tank which will hold the heated CO2 ready to be used.

#122614 Lanard Clip Shot Fast And Furious

Posted by Borgadin on 10 September 2007 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

I found this Foamblaster while browsing through Amazon.com and thought you might find it interesting. Lanard Clip Shot Fast And Furious@Amazon It looks like a cross between a Mech Tommy 20(the colour and the motorisation)and a MagStrike(the clips).

#115666 Latest From Telekinetic Labs

Posted by Borgadin on 13 July 2007 - 05:04 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

A sneak preview of my incredibly ugly, work-in-progress 20-ish round drum magazine. I'm still figuring out the exact geometry. It's made with 2" ABS nested in 4" ABS nested in a 5" ABS coupler. The 5" coupler and the 2" abs are epoxied to the sheet of Lexan, and the 4" will be free floating with a couple scoops on it. Ruberbands wrapped around the 2" center will provide rotational springy power.

I would use a Torsion spring (they don´t wear out or become brittle as fast as rubberbands)this type of Spring is used in Mousetraps.
Posted Image
Apart from that keep up the good work.

#115021 Posting From China

Posted by Borgadin on 08 July 2007 - 09:53 AM in Off Topic

1 Mile is about 1,6 Kilometres so its about 0.32 Miles