bored kid93's Content

There have been 90 items by bored kid93 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120789 Nerf Artillery.

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 August 2007 - 05:22 PM in Homemades

I've been thinking about this concept for a while now, and I've believe I have an idea that may allow a large ball valve gun to more launch darts at higher velocity at higher trajectory, which in effect, will act as a kind of Nerf mortar. My next product will be called Nebelwerfer (fog thrower) , named after the WWII missile launcher used by germany ( Don't worry, I hate nazis too. ). Reason for the name is because of the way it will fire. Instead of using just compressed air, it will use water as a type of wadding, the reason behind it is that it will amplify the force and, make a nice smoke effect. To prevent the darts from becoming soggy, I'm gonna use a tube of 1/2 in. pvc to hold around 5 darts, which will be sealed by pieces of ZipLock bag melted to the ends of the tube. The powerful jet of water will puncture the seal, which will make the darts a little wet, but by the time they are traveling through the barrel, all the water will be mist. (I have tested the water part already. ) I chose Nebelwerfer because it fits it so well, and the water makes a weird noise like the original nebelwerfer.

#120785 Hasbro Spying ?

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 August 2007 - 04:59 PM in Off Topic

Ok, this topic is starting to get out of hand. Chill guys, I don't know as much about the history of Nerf as some of you guys, I don't work for Hasbro, and don't know anyone who does. I love this website and Nerf, but I mean Nerf is Nerf, but we shouldn't all start fighting over it . Everyone has opinions, and my opinion has changed about some things after reading some posts. I shouldn't have started this topic.

#120766 Why Does The Scout Have A Reverse Bayonet Mount?

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 August 2007 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

Yah, I noticed the same on my Disk Shot, but I think it's for aesthetics, like Captain Slug said. I don't think that Hasbro's gonna be making nerf bayonets anytime soon, but it doesn't mean we can't, haha. B)

#120765 Hasbro Spying ?

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 August 2007 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

I don't know about you guys, but I think the longshot kind of seems similar to the F.A.R, in concept and function, except for a few tweaks in the feeding system . And no, I don't smoke crack. Just because I have a thought, it doesn't mean everyone absolutely has to start bashing it. I'm just wondering if anyone has thought about it too. I just don't 100% always agree with the way Hasbro does things. Once they make a fortune off something, they start making the same old product, but in different colors, and eventually just shut it all down after a few years. I don't think this will happen to Nerf though, due to the immense popularity.

#120760 C.s.h.g.

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 August 2007 - 02:17 PM in Homemades

Why not try a design like the german MG42 ? Less difficult, but I'm guessing that the difficulty is the main motive.

That would require a belt-fed loading system, which would be difficult. Disintegrating-link belts, or even other forms of loaders will require a bolt to push darts out of the links and into the chamber, which may or may not require shells depending on your design, and will also have to expel the spent links of the belt. The belt itself also takes up space, and will still weigh something after firing, while the vacuum-loading system Slug designed for this project only needs caseless stefans, and will not use extra materials like belts.

Ok, now I understand. :rolleyes:

#120520 Metal

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

Anyone like Rammstein ?

#120517 Hasbro Spying ?

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:33 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone think that Hasbro employees are viewing our forums, and using our ideas ? I mean, once we come up with a good idea, it seems that Hasbro uses a similar idea a few weeks later.

#120515 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:27 PM in Off Topic

Change of mind.

1. Bean, The Ultimate Disaster Movie (Can't wait for the sequel.)

2. Pink Floyd The Wall

3. Monty Python and The Holy Grail. (Ni!)

4. Any James Bond movie ( Preferrably Sean Connery ones, those are the most kick-ass.)

5. The Departed (That was a good one too.)

#120508 C.s.h.g.

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:17 PM in Homemades

The feeding system of a Minigun is extremely complex, and the main reason for multiple barrels is to prevent the awesome rate of fire ( 2000 RPM ) from melting the barrels. Why not try a design like the german MG42 ? Less difficult, but I'm guessing that the difficulty is the main motive.

#120501 I Have A Quick Question

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:09 PM in Homemades

B) Read my topic, that should give you a few ideas. Or you could try a ball valve homemade, with 2 ball valves, one to fill a firing tank, and the other to release the pressure, as stated by LemmyPoo.

#120499 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 01:03 PM in Homemades

Ok, because I play airsoft sometimes, and I have some silicone lube. I didn't know it eats O-rings though. Thanks for the advice. Now I know why my ball valve is leaking, I put WD-40 to speed up the opening time. Dear god, maybe it's time to switch to a solenoid. :P

#120496 Silencers

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 12:48 PM in Homemades

no, you're quitting because you're wrong. the plain and simple truth of the matter is that nerf guns have neither the barrel velocity or the range to make even a fantasticly functioning supressor a worthwhile addition. you're much more likely to be noticed because of motion than because of sound anyway, and in nerf, no-one likes a sn1per, making a supressor even less desirable.

I hate sn1pers as well. I just have a gun that I have gotten it to work with, but I don't think it's entirely practical to use 90 psi for single shots, like my gun does. Either way, I NEVER said it's practical, or that anyone should USE one. If you some of you guys disapprove of silencers, then why are you posting here ? The sole purpose of a silencer is to let some gases depressurize upon the exiting of the barrel, thus reducing audible sound. If you have enough power to do this, like I do, then you can make it work. I have read a few books on firearms, and I'm a firearms enthusiast, I have read about silencers and how they work.

#120495 I Made A Ammo Cartridge!

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 12:41 PM in Homemades

How about instead of having little ammo packets, we use an RF20 and do single shots, it works for me, and I still have ammo left over even after a few battles. Unless you're a monkey that just chugged a pill bottle of Vicodin, it's not that hard to do single shots, you just need to be able to tap the trigger. Not that everyone has an RF20, but Magstrikes, Wildfires, and others work as well.

#120494 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 20 August 2007 - 12:29 PM in Homemades

I don't know about the selling thing, it still has it's "what if's" here and there. Oh and the gun just needs a quick spray with WD-40 and you're pretty much good to go. Maybe if I don't feel as lazy, I'll do a right up. I just have to think about a few solutions, since the original gun is basically what you call a "bitzer" , or otherwise uses bits and pieces I found in my garage, and not all of it is available at the local Home Depot. I have to think up a way to substitute for the plunger tube, without having to use some of that thick-ass 1 In. PVC tubing, since it will kill the lightweightness of the gun.

#119748 Need Help Deciding What Nerfgun To Get!

Posted by bored kid93 on 14 August 2007 - 11:24 PM in General Nerf

Please, King of Nerf, for the love of god, USE PROPER GRAMMER! Otherwise you will sound like a neanderthal with a keyboard. And to answer your question, I would say powerclip, unless you are the type to spend 10 extra bucks to look all cool with 2 magstrikes and a funky chest plate that makes noises.

#119741 Silencers

Posted by bored kid93 on 14 August 2007 - 11:15 PM in Homemades

Ok, I'll just quit on this. Nobody understands what I'm trying to say.

#119279 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by bored kid93 on 12 August 2007 - 04:00 PM in Homemades

Wow, Commonly hunted would do something like that? Since I was first here, he didn't seem like the type to do something that stupid. Keep up the good work S.H.A.

#119275 Silencers

Posted by bored kid93 on 12 August 2007 - 03:49 PM in Homemades

Incredible, I didn't have a clue that air was a gas.
P.S. Gas from a fired round is different from oxygen, and I didn't want to simply refer to oxygen as gas, as that might cause some confusion, especially to those who are new to all this, and don't know much about guns, or how they work.

#119273 C.s.h.g.

Posted by bored kid93 on 12 August 2007 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

I'm glad this topic pulled a jesus. I have to see this thing completed.
P.S. Piney, you redefine the word "bad ass" with that awesome SegWay.

#119118 Silencers

Posted by bored kid93 on 10 August 2007 - 07:55 PM in Homemades

My homemade looks just plain sweeet with a silencer, but it also serves a purpose. Without the silencer, the gun makes more of a loud THUNK noise, but with the silencer it makes a small pop sound. A silencer can also be used with great effect when it comes to pre-charged-pneumatic guns, like ballvalve guns, since instead of gas, there is compressed air that makes 90% of the noise. If you can get this air to depressurize a little before the projectile exits the barrel, you can make it pretty silent, since it works off the same principles as a firearm in that manner.

#119114 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 10 August 2007 - 07:46 PM in Homemades

Yep, I've used it to shotgun about 5 darts in the manner of a mortar in a few games, usually with pretty satisfactory results. Oh, and it loads through the barrel.

#118173 Mpcp (mass Producable Combustion Pistol)

Posted by bored kid93 on 03 August 2007 - 01:36 PM in Homemades

I'm sort of an enthusiast when it comes to spudguns, but the C:B ratio looks a bit unbalanced due to the small tank size and large barrel, a barrel that is a tad shorter may allow better performance due to more efficient use of the gases coming from the firing chamber. Just a suggestion.

#118171 Please Help

Posted by bored kid93 on 03 August 2007 - 01:28 PM in Homemades

I know some of you may be saying "holy shit, that kid's crazy" when you hear this, but I've made at least 4 ballvalve homemades, and PVC is pretty damn durable, I've used about 120 psi without a problem. I highly recommend schedule 40, mine is rated 480 psi, which I think is good enough. You could just go simple like me and use a straight tube shaped design with the ballvalve in the middle , which may not be compact, but it greatly contributes to air flow. The design also has a good C:B ratio, so it doesn't waste any air after the projectile leaves the barrel. What I'm saying is that one side is the tank with the schrader valve , the other side is the barrel, and in the center is the ballvalve.

#118167 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 03 August 2007 - 01:16 PM in Homemades

It's exceeded 80'. But yes it is dirt cheap, perfectly functional, and is easy to use. Oh and I thought the original topic name was a bit too bold, so I changed it. As for the subtitle, I added those pictures due to a few requests, and it looks pretty awesome for a ramrocket style gun. The gun is actually a product of my canadian inherited craftiness. All the parts came from my garage, I didn't buy a single part.

#117892 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 01 August 2007 - 01:24 PM in Homemades

Sorry to double post, but I have some news. I have found some materials that can be used to make more of these for anyone who wants one, I will charge $3 for each one, $5 for a specialized one with a skeleton stock and silencer. This is ment to be the STEN gun of nerf.

#117248 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 26 July 2007 - 03:21 PM in Homemades

Haha, thanks. Right now I'm working on a homemade valve that will double as the endcap, But will give me a single long range shot without having to work the plunger, which will increase the accuracy by quite a bit.

#116917 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 23 July 2007 - 02:53 PM in Homemades

It's decent in accuracy. For close range it hurts like hell. So it's pretty much in the middle of CQB and long-range.

#116916 Tricks Up The Sleeve.

Posted by bored kid93 on 23 July 2007 - 02:51 PM in Homemades

Ok, this morning I was working on a homemade valve, and finished it. I then wondered what I could use it for, and I thought about how compact it was, so I incorporated it in to my fifth homemade. This gun can be concealed up the sleeve of a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt. I will get pics up in a few hours, I havent tested the gun either, so keep checking back, sooner or later I'll get more details. It's filled up with a schrader valve, and I made a kind of pressure release valve that is triggered by pushing a cap in, when I'ts pushed in, air rushes out, pretty basic.

#116778 Homemade:troubleshooting

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 July 2007 - 12:16 PM in Homemades

Hmm, is this going to use a pilot valve? A schrader valve in my opinion would be kind of annoying, since you would have to lug a bike pump every where. I like your design, it's quite impressive, I must say. Maybe I could help a bit with this, cause it's got my interest.

#116773 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 22 July 2007 - 11:23 AM in Homemades

Well, at the time, I didn't have any materials that could be used for a trigger, not even a clothespin. It's actually pretty accurate despite the moving barrel. I've hit people with this thing from about 80 feet away more than once in my nerfing experience. The only problem is that it's single shot, but I can still pull off a better ROF than a NF can. It's silenced too. The whole thing can be disassembled and placed inside a backpack. I was actually inspired by the VSK-94 idiot rifle : http://www.enemyforc...earms/vsk94.htm

#116751 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 21 July 2007 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

I know the design is a bit unusual, but it's perfectly functional. Oh and thanks for adding me to the directory, six-five-two.

#116745 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 21 July 2007 - 11:16 PM in Homemades

It works like a ramrocket so it doesn't need springs, all it needs is two hands, ammo, and some anger . Actually the range is quite satifactory: 110 ft. Haha, I just noticed my toy MIG 29 in the backround.

#116740 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by bored kid93 on 21 July 2007 - 11:06 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Here's my first homemade.
No trigger.
No springs.
No cocking handle.
No fire control mechanism.
No gimmicks.
Range is around 110 feet.

#116714 My First Homemade. (i Changed The Topic Name.)

Posted by bored kid93 on 21 July 2007 - 07:19 PM in Homemades

Old topic. New updates. Posted Image

There's the gun.

Posted Image

There's the gun disassembled.

Sorry for the big hulking pics. I don't know how the pics showed up so huge, but there's the gun in all it's beauty.

#116710 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by bored kid93 on 21 July 2007 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Looks beautiful. Even if the magazine is a bit wide, it still looks like a PM12.

#116340 Deagle Maverick

Posted by bored kid93 on 18 July 2007 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

After hearing alot of talk about Deagle Mavs, and then having the turret on one of my mavericks break, I decided to try it:

Posted Image

All I did was epoxy a barrel made of SCH80 PVC and 17/32 Brass direcetly to the plunger tube. I then cut off the extra parts of the shell, and took a small piece of it and epoxied it to the bottom of the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

Posted Image

The result is a single shot maverick that gets 30-40 foot range firing stefans.
It's not very practical, and I will probably never use this gun in a war, but it was an interesting experiment anyway.

Here's another pic:

Posted Image

Looks more like an H&K MK23 SOCOM, I think. You should somehow thread the tip of the barrel, That would be sweet. Good job!

#116338 Homemade Sawtooth/electric Eel Clip

Posted by bored kid93 on 18 July 2007 - 02:09 PM in Homemades

That's kinda sloppy, but who cares, it's functional eh? You should make a homemade drum mag for the EE and the ST. That would be so fucking awesome!

Note to anyone else who wants to say it's kinda sloppy: "Do something Better, or don't talk crap". It's about as clean as you can get if you're doing EVERY FUCKING THING BY HAND, everyone's spoiled by CS and his Custom Machined parts, but no, this whole thing is done with stuff ANYONE has east access to. you could replicate this without a dremmel even, I just used one because it was a tad bit faster, but all the key work was done with an x-acto knife or saw and a low temp hot glue gun.

As dark infection mentioned, a drum mag would be impossible. The Clip system of the EE/Sawtooth does Not Work like that.

-Bags

Yah, I agree. If anyone thinks they have a better solution, they can show Bag on the field, then we'll see what is more functional. Oh and it's alot easier to have multiple ammo strips because of the simplicity in production. I have yet to see somebody lug a belt full of bulky drum mags through the field. That would be quite the sight to see.

#116330 The Minimizer

Posted by bored kid93 on 18 July 2007 - 01:31 PM in Homemades

Holy shit. That thing's a beauty. You make all my ideas horribly obsolete. I'm gonna have to get off my ass and finally make a homemade that uses a trigger, instead of the usual dart firing ramrocket configuration.

#116326 Santee Nerf War 8/7/07

Posted by bored kid93 on 18 July 2007 - 12:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't know if anyone here lives near or in Santee, California, or even heard of it. But if anyone decides to show up, That would be awesome. I am going to be having this war on my 14th b-day, because I'm probably gonna have new guns by then. Location: http://maps.google.c....605469&ie=UTF8 . It would be cool to see some of you fellow nerfers showup, oh and after, you get cake and stuff, so that's a bonus. If you live in El Cajon , or La Jolla, or in SD, it shouldn't be that long of a drive. It's in a nice little park with a good-size grass field to play in. There's a pool right next to the park, also. PM me if you need more information.

#116221 Homemade Sawtooth/electric Eel Clip

Posted by bored kid93 on 17 July 2007 - 08:25 PM in Homemades

Beautiful. It increases the ROF, but still has simplicity.