John's Content

There have been 24 items by John (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#279172 Nerf Sues Buzz Bee And Lanard!

Posted by John on 01 July 2010 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

This is probably a reason why Buzz Bee/Air Blasters was sued. Look familiar?
EDIT: I mean that it looks almost identical to the crossfire.

#276319 Nite Finder Range Mod

Posted by John on 29 May 2010 - 01:41 AM in Modifications

I enjoy this, but some added simplicity would be nice. Maybe drilling the AR out instead of dremeling it, because I know almost everyone either has a drill, or has a parent that has a drill. Also, I don't think the zipties are necessary.
Just my 2 cents.

#273741 Pump-action Maverick Mod

Posted by John on 29 April 2010 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

Very nice. Though it seems to me like it's just a furyfire with less shots, it is probably a cheaper alternative. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost altogether? Not counting the price of the maverick itself, of course.

#273059 New Info On Nerf Big Blast

Posted by John on 22 April 2010 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

Bring on the speculation. I do agree with the idea that the Big Blast and Stampede will be 2 different guns, although 9/9/10 release date on Amazon completely destroys all those ideas. 18 dart clips, or 50 dart double mags? It'll probably have a slight resemblance to the gun from the game, but not much. I guess we'll just have to wait another 4 or 5 months and see what NERF pulls next. But if this thing is ANOTHER godawful reverse plunger system, and I hope it's not, I am gonna be megapissed.
Also, the HvZ thred is very interesting, though it's possibly shopped/a modded clip.

#271450 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by John on 05 April 2010 - 10:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

I just got some slingshot ammo and made some darts with it and went shooting. I was using a singled RFDG with a 14" cpvc barrel. It's quite a powerful gun. I was shooting at a target from 45'.

-Darts went much farther and hit with much more force.
-Darts were sometimes deadly accurate, other times they weren't
-Darts sometimes shot very far, others didn't
-Some of the darts would go completely off of my aim. They would curve in flight and hit things that were 10' away from the target zone, when they had a straight flight path in the first half of the flight.
-Some darts would shoot low, others high.

I checked the head/ weight "centeredness" before each shot, and the crazy performance seemed to not be based on the smoothness of the head or the centeredness of the weight. Some "perfect" darts would shoot terribly and some crappy darts would shoot well.

Is there any explanation for this?

On a side note, is there any way to make foam thicker? I have some red foam and it is slightly too loose in stuff and I want to make it thicker.

First, I have no idea why some darts went further than others. I guess the Stefan Gods just like messing with you.

For making foam thicker, you may want to try either keeping the blanks in the dryer longer. I normally put them in for about 12 minutes on high, and it works good in my NF. You can also try just getting new foam. I use Frost King, but only because that's all I could find. You could try ordering foam from SwiftNerf, because from what I've heard his foam is fairly tight in CPVC.
Hope that helps, because I'm still fairly new to the Haven.

~J

#270887 Camo Ammo Question

Posted by John on 31 March 2010 - 05:50 PM in General Nerf

I agree with lion.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but in the video, the darts looked more like stefans. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but thats just my 2 cents.

Perhaps, like the firefly's glow in the dark darts, these may be 'specialty ammo' for that mysterious 9-9-10 project. Who knows? Hopefully the 9-9-10 thing will be better than the FF though...

Actually, looks to me like they'll be sold in a special 'box' gimmick like the footlocker-style ammo box. Still, camo taggers will make it so a third team can play in Dart Tag. Nothing too cool about it though, as you could probably just spray paint the darts anyways. And they probably won't be a sticker, because if they were, why were the heads black and the area around the hole camo, too? At least that's what I saw in the video. If these things replace orange darts, that'll just SUCK. Nat is right, they're so you loose them and buy more. Just 2 of my many scents.

#270722 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by John on 29 March 2010 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

This is my first painted gun, an old NiteFinder with the ARs removed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I may put a CPVC/PETG barrel on it when I get around to getting the stuff.

DON'T! GET! ELIMINATED!!!

#270137 How Do I Mod An 'orange Logo Nitefinder'?

Posted by John on 23 March 2010 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll try the lighter fluid first, I also used a candle but it also melted the plastic, as did boiling water. If the lighter fluid doesn't work, I'll try the pipe cutters as a last resort if nothing else works.
To soccerbeast:
If there was, I didn't see it when I searched.

Well, actually I'll try all that tomorrow, as it is 9:30 and I don't happen to have any lighter fluid on me at this time of night.

#270109 How Do I Mod An 'orange Logo Nitefinder'?

Posted by John on 23 March 2010 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

I first want to say that, YES I SEARCHED THE FORUMS AND GOOGLE. Sorry to shout, btw. Well, I've just bought 2 Nitefinders and they're both the orange/black logo versions, and the ARs (and plunger tube, for that matter) are completely glued together. Now I know others have had this problem, but I haven't found any way around it. I'm wanting to do the following mods:
  • PETG Barrel
  • AR/restrictor peg removal
  • Extra O-ring
  • MAYBE a new spring
Without having to:
A) Use a dremel (I haven't got one), drill (unless I absolutely HAVE to), or
B) Make a new plunger tube
I hate to sound like a noob here, but the only mod I've done before is a stormfire O-ring mod. I also hate to make a new topic when it's not absolutely 100% needed, but this seems to fit that requirement.
So yeah, I've tried boiling water, and it almost melted the plastic. I tried acetone nail polish remover on my stormfire and it SERIOUSLY messed it up, and I've also tried an X-acto knife and the glue was just too thick, the seam too thin. I'm out of ideas, so anything (besides sawing the thing in half) is welcome. The reason I say I want to do this without a drill is because, like I said, I want to add a PETG barrel, which as far as I've seen, needs the AR 'container' to be opened up, which can't happen with the internals glued up, which brings me back to my original question.

Thanks for spending your time reading this post, and thanks in advance for any ideas you guys might have.

#266847 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 25 February 2010 - 10:37 AM in Off Topic

Yes, I live in a religious cult. You got a problem with that?
</sarcasm>
Also, I see you have sig'd my post! A bit messed up there, but hey, I got added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole in my first month!

#266846 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 25 February 2010 - 10:35 AM in Off Topic

<IGNORE, I THINK IT DOUBLE POSTED>

#266817 Lsfg Ar Removal

Posted by John on 24 February 2010 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Doing this mod as I speak. I have a small problem, though. It could be that my bit is old, but I have no idea when I got it. Actually, I think my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag, but it keeps spinning. It doesn't look like it's doing much. Oh yeah, and I'm drilling until I get to the AR, would drilling the peg itself out do anything bad, or can I just go though it?
Scratch that, I got it just fine. Now I have to figure out why this stupid spring isn't going in... Crud. This is the 4th time I've had to unscrew everything. I'm getting sick of this... Eh, I'll eat on it.

#266810 Ls Front Gun Mod

Posted by John on 24 February 2010 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Sorry to be a necromancer here, but can you please update the pictures? Sorry, I'm not the best modder yet, so I don't yet know the internals of a LSFG. Yes, I looked on the Internals Directory, but it's not the best when trying to do this mod.

#266327 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 21 February 2010 - 03:29 PM in Off Topic

Hot Springs, nice. I have a few relatives around there, actually. Crud, laptop battery about to die. I hate it when I can't plug the charger in because of storms...

#266156 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 20 February 2010 - 11:17 AM in Off Topic

*Facepalm* Well, I never thought about having a war at a church. According to some people I know, a church is a 'holy place' not meant for wars, but to heck with that. I guess I'll try to host a war at my church. Oh yay, that same friend is aiming a Deploy at my ear.

#266108 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by John on 19 February 2010 - 11:48 PM in General Nerf

I don't know what you guys were thinking, even IF the LK is a reverse plunger system, it's pretty freaking sweet. I just got it and the deploy today at TRU, but I need batteries for the Deploy. Still, I'm hitting 30+ feet flat w/o barrel, ~35 feet angled with barrel. I'll take better ranges tomorrow outside. The stock makes it feel like a dream. I love it, and I aint modding it unless I get another one. IF I get another one.

~John

#265487 Furyfire Improvements..petg..straw Modd..spring Addition

Posted by John on 15 February 2010 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

Pretty sweet. Where do you get your PETG? I might do this to my orange Furyfire if I can find the right PETG. Could CPVC work as a substitute?

#265435 Singled, Shortend Titan

Posted by John on 14 February 2010 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

Pretty sweet, but I see no pump. Or is the pump the little white thing above and to the side of the barrel? Oh, and how did you single it? I'm thinking of doing this to my Titan, even though it wouldn't be war-legal.

#265364 Re: Fury Fire Manta

Posted by John on 14 February 2010 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

What did you use to keep the priming handle in place while you taped it? I'm thinking about doing this, now that I see how cool it is. If you don't want to use hot glue or tape, Gorilla Glue or some sort of superglue might work. Seeing as I'm still a bit new to the Haven, might I ask what kind of saw you used to cut the handles off?

#265151 How To Make The Reactor Less Embarrasing To Wield.

Posted by John on 12 February 2010 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Thanks Sistermol. I wish I had my Reactor with me, I'd do both of these. Well, once I get some CPVC, I got about 6 feet of PVC accidentally. Oh, and for future reference, don't buy supplies when you're tired. You WILL mess up.

#265145 How To Make The Reactor Less Embarrasing To Wield.

Posted by John on 12 February 2010 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

Holy crap... You got 40' out of a Reactor? When it warms up, or I can at LEAST go outside without freezing my butt off, I'll go dig out my old one. I also heard somewhere that you could do some mod to make this thing shoot darts, is it possible? If it is, I might finally have a use for my stefans.

#265057 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 11 February 2010 - 01:02 PM in Off Topic

Are these wars you speak of local? I'm thinking of having a local war with 6-10 people during the summer. I'll attempt to get everyone I know into Nerf, but I know I already have at LEAST 3 people that would come.

#265055 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 11 February 2010 - 12:38 PM in Off Topic

I guess I was both sub-conciously complaining, and asking a question at the same time. To Red: I'm looking for a war INSIDE the state. To Vacc: I must be an idiot for not thinking to do that. I guess you're right, I CAN Nerf without going to an NIC war, but it'd still be awesome if I could go to one. I might actually go to the Texas Spring Break Nerf-Out, if I'm not trapped inside like I am alot. Scratch that, it would take 6 hours to get there. So much for that idea, I guess?

#265052 A Small Question...

Posted by John on 11 February 2010 - 12:06 PM in Off Topic

Ok, I've been wondering this for SO long - How EXACTLY do you have a war when you live nowhere NEAR the east/west coasts? I mean, there is absolutely NO possible way I could take a 5-7 hour drive to one of the big wars, just to have to drive all the way back? I hate Arkansas...

~New to the 'Haven, not to NERF