kevinericon's Content

There have been 26 items by kevinericon (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#278510 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by kevinericon on 24 June 2010 - 10:31 PM in News

deleted

#261051 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by kevinericon on 06 January 2010 - 11:50 PM in General Nerf

deleted

#260882 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by kevinericon on 05 January 2010 - 11:36 PM in General Nerf

[deleted]

#260789 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by kevinericon on 05 January 2010 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

deleted

#260780 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by kevinericon on 05 January 2010 - 05:00 PM in General Nerf

deleted

#260746 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by kevinericon on 05 January 2010 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

No, on the back of the silver round thingy there's a small hole that will show the red plunger when primed.

I don't know what that means in regard to the Recon/Longshot internal debate though.

#260744 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by kevinericon on 05 January 2010 - 11:22 AM in General Nerf

deleted

#236891 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by kevinericon on 17 June 2009 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

deleted

#193860 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by kevinericon on 03 December 2008 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

deleted

#193720 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by kevinericon on 03 December 2008 - 08:21 AM in General Nerf

deleted

#193711 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by kevinericon on 03 December 2008 - 07:07 AM in General Nerf

deleted

#193708 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by kevinericon on 03 December 2008 - 06:51 AM in General Nerf

deleted

#163601 The Vulcan

Posted by kevinericon on 21 July 2008 - 06:57 PM in General Nerf

-shoulder strap

and in the picture it has a an ammo belt and a double-ended hook-thing?

The main picture of the gun also includes the double-ended hook-thing.

"Double-ended hook-thing" IS the shoulder strap, and shoulder strap is for the gun. How the kid put the ammo belt around him has nothing to do with the shoulder strap (or double-ended hook-thing if you must call it that).

#158768 Spark & Mrl

Posted by kevinericon on 10 June 2008 - 09:43 PM in Homemades

That's an interesting design.

And P.C. III, wow you can write Chinese. It's correct, now you didn't use Babelfish did you? :P

#150465 Maverick Speedloader Mod

Posted by kevinericon on 10 April 2008 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

For those who didn't knwo what we're talking about, this speedloader will only work if you mod your barrel to look like this. It must go all the way out.

Posted Image

Tehmandude:
The speedloader is supposed to load the darts the same way you do, from the muzzle, just five times faster.

eddieoctane:
If you successfully mod your Maverick pls do post pictures! Loading all 6 darts would be better than just 5! You are talking about drilling a hole in the strut pointed by green arrow right? (which is the only reason my speedloader can only load 5 darts)

#150203 Maverick Speedloader Mod

Posted by kevinericon on 09 April 2008 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

Man, you are on a roll. I like it. But wouldn't it be hard to push the darts in since there isn't anything to hold onto?
What I'm talking about is that the part that pushed the darts into the barrel. You should hake it longer of something. I'll show you, but can I have permission to use your pic?

By all means, use the pic. I kinda get your point, there should be a longer handler, right now you'll have to push the "fin" and it may not be very easy. Thanks for the tip!

#150199 Maverick Speedloader Mod

Posted by kevinericon on 09 April 2008 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

It's me again, but this time I got a real mod, not paintjob thread to jam the board. Well at least it's the draft of a mod that I might actually do, oh well, read on.

I've been thinking about fast reload for the Maverick, I do know there is a clip mod which you can change the entire clip barrel, but you'll have to kill many Mavericks for it.

And I thought about the revolver speedloader device, which look like this.
Posted Image

It took me about 5 minutes to draw up something on the paper, then an hour to create a 3d model. It should be pretty easy to understand. Composed of PVC and spring and a lot of cuttings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you still don't know how it works, check out this video. Even if you understood you should still watch it, since I already made it. :P
Demo video on youtube

I designed it to only hold 5 darts, because even after I do the Russian Roulette Mod, the center still obstruct one hole. But you can make a 6 darts holder if you did the clip barrel mod. You don't need to sacrifice other Mavericks just so you can reload faster.

Easier said than done, I don't think making this speedloader will be an easy task, but if I have too much time I will attempt it.

Tell me what you think. I could use some tips before I commit more time and energy into this. (or if this has already been attempted, please let me know.)

#149962 Scout Paintjob

Posted by kevinericon on 07 April 2008 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Thanks for your comments guys. :D

The secret to spray painting is using LOTS of masking tapes. Either 3M or Tamiya will do (available in the hobby shop or check Tamiya website). Mask out where you've already painted. And think before you apply each layer of paint, find out the correct order. Hope that helps.

Next I'll be making doubled capacity LS clip, or maybe an alien themed Maverick.

#149846 Scout Paintjob

Posted by kevinericon on 07 April 2008 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

I just chose Scout for its looks.

Also my Longshot didn't have front gun integration, the front gun grip is there to prime the main gun. With a pump action LS I don't really need a sidearm, I'd rather carry a few more clips. But looking cool is equally important, so... :P

For my LS mod see this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=11308

#149842 Scout Paintjob

Posted by kevinericon on 07 April 2008 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

Last weekend I painted my Scout. Since it's the best "millitary-look" pistol it'll be the perfect sidearm to go with my starfleet-theme Longshot.

I drilled out the venting holes on the slide. Then I added a iron weight in the handle to make it a bit more hefty, maybe more "real".

Since I'm opening it up for painting, I took out the AR so it get another 5' with stock dart.

Posted Image

A little black stain near the muzzle, I hope it'll show through the venting holes.
Posted Image

Now I can get in my full tactical gears with them. Or I'll be the Starfleet special ops with weapons designed for harsh environment (where you can't use phasers).
Posted Image

#148467 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by kevinericon on 31 March 2008 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

My foregrip pump action LS..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#148255 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by kevinericon on 30 March 2008 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

Edited first post to add close-up internal picture. If anyone wants to attempt this mod I will gladly help you out.

#148051 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by kevinericon on 30 March 2008 - 11:20 AM in Modifications

Just added some new pics with customized paint job, and tactical light installation. Also have a very minor change to the fore grip mechanism, but barely noticeable.

#147640 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by kevinericon on 28 March 2008 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Thank you all for those kind words.

Then I got busy all year and finally finished it recently.

Did this really take you a year? Anyway, I really like it, nice job!

I first had this idea an year ago, but actual working time is about 20 hours I think. I gutted most of the front gun to install the mechanism.

#147468 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by kevinericon on 28 March 2008 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

Nice clean way of doing what I already did. we think alike.

Did a little search and saw you LS, it's great. I also noticed in the reply that someone else did it and broke his LS. I consider myself lucky.

#147445 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by kevinericon on 28 March 2008 - 04:18 AM in Modifications

I'm new to Nerf and never mod a blaster before, but I've managed to mod the Long Shot to my satisfaction.

I saw Captain Slug's fore grip mod kit but I wanted to maintain its "stock" appearance. Then I saw this front gun integration mod, and it hit me: why not use the front gun grip to load the main gun? Then I got busy all year and finally finished it recently.

The downside is there's no way to keep the front gun in there, I lost the front gun forever.....until I bought one on ebay for $4 bucks. Now I can still attach the front gun just to show off.

Here's the what I did to LS. Click to see larger pic.
Posted Image

I recorded a short video to show how it works.
See video on Youtube

So I've got a mixed LS which looks like front gun integration but actually work like a shotgun.

=PAINT JOB=

I spent this weekend painting my LS, I took some pics this time maybe I'll put together a write-up if I have time.

I'm a trekkie so I got all those "starfleet colors" spray paints. Here it is after the paint job.
Posted Image

Another shot with different lighting.
Posted Image

Since I gut out the front gun and there's no hope putting it back, I put in white LED to act as tactical light (just for the looks). I hid the switch and battery in the compartment just in front of the clip, easy to access and hard to get noticed. There is a circle shape under the front gun barrel, I'll probably put a laser pointer in it, for extra coolness.

Posted Image

Also in this angle you can see I cut off half of the bolt, since it's no longer a vital part of the gun, but I left right hand side bolt intact just in case and for the look.

It's got AR removal but can only use stock streamline darts.

=HOW TO=

I've uploaded some pictures with close-up internal shot, to help anyone that wants to attempt this mod. You can click pic for full resolution.

You can see this picture, pretty much explained itself. For the white rod I used Tamiya modeling supply.
I added some metal slip in the front or the sled extension to support the thin venting holes and to guide the white rod so it will not stuck.

Posted Image

And I used Tamiya masking tape for modeling and 3M masking tape for automotive paint.
NEVER spray one thick layer, spray many times instead. As long as you do multiple sprays you won't get any leakage.

Posted Image

Thank you for watching. And I really liked the warm welcome you guys gave me.

Kevin