Zinv's Content

There have been 7 items by Zinv (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288495 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Zinv on 16 November 2010 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

Prototype in testing.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#268415 Longshot Optimal Spring Size/type

Posted by Zinv on 07 March 2010 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

Hi,

Lurker reporting. I do not post often here but after what Draconis posted in the previous reply, I got to add in some information about the aluminum bolt sled of the longshot. (Out of topic for this reply. Sorry Moderators)

Yes, there is a lot of work involved in machining them but with some of the difficulties such as the cost (The cost of a mould for a simple casting will cost more than five hundred dollars. It does not include the raw material cost as well as the craftsmanship cost. The cost of making the mould will likely cost more as the design of bolt sled is complex) and the allowance of the diemension. (Machining or CNC milling will be more accuracy than making it from moulding). Thus preventing issues encountered when fitting in the boltsled into the longshot shell.

Now onto the cost, the aluminum bolt sleds will cost around SGD $80 - $90 for one. I will have one prototype out in the coming week and will try to troubleshoot all the problems occured in the boltsled before I decide to hold a Mass Order for the Bolt sled.

Cheers
Zinv

#240550 Stormfire Internal Pictures

Posted by Zinv on 06 July 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

LNL + LS = win: stock range is 30 ft or 9 metres

#240096 Stormfire Internal Pictures

Posted by Zinv on 04 July 2009 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

white moonlight:Well, it seems like it can be added an extra o ring to make it vacuum load. The barrels can be replaced with cpvc, petg or brass. And the spring can be replace or to add another spring to make it give more range and 'Bite'.

Soothsayer: I like your idea of adding an a2k or a3k to the darts holders, But unfortunely, over here at Singapore hasbro does not sell a2ks and a3ks. And importing blasters from US will cost me a bomb.

diamondbacknf1626: I believe that the guy from singapore who posted in the awareness thread is also a friend of mine. And he is also a moderator over here in our Singapore nerf forums. He like to keep his blasters stock thus he does not open and show you guys the internals of it where as I am a modder before a nerfer so I just open it and for the benefit of the NIC, just take photos and post it up.

#240095 Stormfire Internal Pictures

Posted by Zinv on 04 July 2009 - 09:51 AM in Modifications

Well rejoice, I just got the capture the flag set in Singapore. One of the department stores over here has just started selling it at sgd $74.90. (Marked up prices in my view) And this capture the flag set was just up in the shelve 2 days ago. Side talk a bit, they are also sell the flip clip with 30 darts at sgd $39.90

#240088 Stormfire Internal Pictures

Posted by Zinv on 04 July 2009 - 09:36 AM in Modifications

Hi guys, I have just gotten my hands on a stormfire blaster that came in a set of 2 with the electronics flag.
Here are the pictures of the internals of the stormfire.

The stormfire internal pictures

Posted Image

Overall view of the blaster

Posted Image

Front part of the blaster

Posted Image

Trigger mechanism looks similar to the nitefinder

Posted Image

Plunger tude can be ar removed and be rebarrel with cpvc, petg or brass pipes

Posted Image

The spring as well as the oring part is shown in this picture it is similar to the nite finder. Can add one more oring as well as swap for a better spring

Posted Image

The back trigger cum priming handle of the storm fire looks similar to the priming handle of the nitefinder

Posted Image

You will need to remove this screw and detach the front part of the barrel before you can open the internals

Overall this functions like a nitefinder and the internals looks like one except the cocking mechanism area. Other than that it seems easy to mod this blaster and the ranges expected from this blaster should be in the ranges that a modded nitefinder offer.

#231458 Transparent Maverick's Price Check.

Posted by Zinv on 20 May 2009 - 08:57 AM in General Nerf

Hi guys,

I am new to NerfHaven. Anyway I am curious about the price of a transparent Maverick because I got a few of them in my hands and I will be letting them go. Anyone here can help me by telling me the current price for a transparent Maverick?