taiki's Content

There have been 20 items by taiki (Search limited from 15-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#229599 Guide To Glues

Posted by taiki on 11 May 2009 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

What about mighty putty?

I've seen the stuff finally in stores now, and it's even at my local Fry's Electronics impulse buy area.

I've got my doubts, but I'd rather have solid results than idle speculation.

#209871 Rubberband O-ring

Posted by taiki on 06 February 2009 - 02:30 AM in General Nerf

How about you exeriment and try it yourself instead of ask us? Your specific application for a rubber-band plunger may be different than what you see on here. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

There's a concept known as reinventing the wheel. If there's already been work done, why bother doing it again?

#206869 Green Gas And Plastics?

Posted by taiki on 27 January 2009 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Search yielded little, so, yeah.

I know that CO2 and plastics are a huge no. But many airsoft guns use GG, so why not Nerf? Would GG be feasible with plastics?

#203953 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by taiki on 16 January 2009 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Whilst reading the responses to the topic, I came up with an idea. You take two different sizes of PVC and a torsion spring. You would place the spring inside of the smaller diameter PVC, then, attach one of the spring "arms" to a solid base inside the PVC. Next, attach the other "arm" to a dart friendly loader, (basically something that pushes the darts along in the clip without them jamming) and place the loader arm in the space inbetween the two sizes of PVC. Here is a diagram...

Posted Image

The darts are terribly out of proportion, but you get the general idea. Also, the spring would have to be weak enough to not squish the darts, yet strong enough to push them ALL the way up to the breech. It's a conceivable idea, I might actually try it if I can find a spring.
-iMod

what about instead of feeding at a right angle where it'd have to make the journey around the bend, why not just straight up?

I know you lose the general point of making it MG42ish, but once you've got a working drum mag, figuring out the corner loading problem would be the last step.

Personally, I kind of want an AK47 style banana clip for my LS and recon.

#183112 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by taiki on 11 October 2008 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

New barrel material? It's not GRAET but it's better than stock, and it's removable.

I was cleaning my closet, and a tagger managed to wedge it self into the bottom of a CDR spindle, so I broke it off, cleaned the end, opened up the top end and plugged it into the barrel of my disk shot pistol, and I haven't distance tested it, but it is travelling out of the barrel faster. I'm pretty sure we're not going to see huge improvements but for a cheap, quick solution for really cheap...

#181936 Favorite Spring Gun

Posted by taiki on 06 October 2008 - 02:11 AM in General Nerf

Why not a sticky or a subforum for these threads? You can't stop them but you can quarantine them.

#181691 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by taiki on 05 October 2008 - 01:43 PM in General Nerf

Looking at the huge bolt and the gizmo in the stock of the Spartan, I'd imagine that the spartan's going to have some sort of pull back and load up the spring driven gear in the back. Load a new clip, pull the bolt all the way back and you're ready to go.

#91954 Nerf Ps2?

Posted by taiki on 15 October 2006 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

http://www.maxconsol...ws&newsid=10932

A controller.

Any thoughts?

#86152 Longshot Mod

Posted by taiki on 31 July 2006 - 03:01 AM in Modifications

I don't know about stefans folks. My sterfans which are about 1.5" don't work. They get sideways and jam every shot. Maybe 3" stefans will work but with my experience, those darts don't get very good ranges.

I've found that i can get some decent power out of Stefan nanos.

Not sure about micros yet.

BTW, where can I get o-rings? The 'where to buy' thread doesn't b ring up much.

#85772 Magstrike Internals

Posted by taiki on 26 July 2006 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

Am I the only one having horrible performance from my magstrike? It'll go maybe 10 feet and fire 4 or 5 of the rounds before puttering out. Am I just underfilling the bladder or what?

Keep pumping till the air release valve kicks in.

I did, then it blew before it hit the release valve.

I took it back to the store, they said I shouldn't have been able to over pump it and gave me a refund.

Yes, I did blow the tank on my RapidFire20, but I did mod that though. This one I didn't even touch yet in terms of modding. Pissed me the hell off. I'm staying away from rubber bladders for now. I seem to have horrible luck with them.

On the other hand, I did pick up a Longshot. Thing's nice.

#85771 Southern Nevada Nerf Skirmish

Posted by taiki on 26 July 2006 - 02:41 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Sunrise Manor (township of Las Vegas, up by the Mormon Temple), and I think that's a great idea. Are you thinking sometime during the summer? I know I'm up for it. There's a few more Southern Nevadans around here too...hopefully a sizable amount of us will make contributions to this topic and actually organize something. Where should we do it?

Uh... Summer's crazy for me.

But pick a weekend in august and we can try to make it happen.

#85717 Magstrike Internals

Posted by taiki on 25 July 2006 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only one having horrible performance from my magstrike? It'll go maybe 10 feet and fire 4 or 5 of the rounds before puttering out. Am I just underfilling the bladder or what?

#85553 Southern Nevada Nerf Skirmish

Posted by taiki on 23 July 2006 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I"ve seen a few posters here ask about nerfers in the greater Southern Nevada area. I live in Green Valley myself. Given the amount of park area we've got that goes unused here in the South East side, I say we should try to organize some sort of foam related conflict.

#80004 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by taiki on 15 April 2006 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Im not the best with that, and just to let you know before hand I can sell it whenever you want, Im just offering, if you need aRF 20 ill sell, but Im not very good with your problem.

I've decided that if I'm going to be spending money on this problem, i'm going to go all out.

I'm going to do the PVC air tank thing, but the only question I have is how the hell do I know when the tank's at full capacity? Or even graver than that, safe capacity?

#79999 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by taiki on 15 April 2006 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

I was thinking about VV's solution using PVC piping and the massive amount of pressure i'd need to keep it working. I realized that if I kept a small air compressor around, this wouldn't be a problem.

I found just what I was looking for in my garage. :lol: I'll try to post pics of my final piece soon, I hope.

#79988 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by taiki on 15 April 2006 - 03:11 AM in Modifications

i'm thinking, what's the problem with using a big piece of pvc piping?

It wont quite work the same and you will need to pump it alot. They way I see it, you have 2 options.

Option one: Go with the Pvc airtank but hook up a valve that works with an air compressor. Like this guy.

Option two: You can order a relacement part for the tubing here. A foot should run about 3 or 4 bucks.

Ah hell.

That aircompressor mod is just TOO tempting.

#79986 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by taiki on 15 April 2006 - 02:53 AM in Modifications

I'd say you should find a new tube. Maybe layered inner tubes? I'm not so sure, honestly.

I wonder if anyone else has an alternative? Do a search for it. I'd do it, but I'm pretty wiped.

If you patch the thing, it's likely that it won't last for long, if at all.

-Anubis

That's pretty muchw hat I was afraid of.

i'm thinking, what's the problem with using a big piece of pvc piping?

#79983 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by taiki on 15 April 2006 - 02:36 AM in Modifications

I blew the chamber in my rapid fire by pumping it after forgetting that I pumped it previously.

There's a long gash in the air chamber, I'm wondering if I can either apply a patch and repair the gash, OR, if it'd be in my best interest to put in a new tube in the first place.
thougths?

#72818 Nerfers In Henderson Nevada?

Posted by taiki on 11 February 2006 - 12:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Dear kids,
Nerf on Frappr. Love, Switchblade.

I looked. No one added themselves to the frapper in this area. =(

#72242 Nerfers In Henderson Nevada?

Posted by taiki on 04 February 2006 - 03:29 AM in Nerf Wars

After the SA Goons got a communal hardon for the Maverick, I got back into nerf.

I'm from around Henderson!