NJNerfer's Content

There have been 68 items by NJNerfer (Search limited from 25-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98217 Quality Of The Longshot

Posted by NJNerfer on 13 January 2007 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

This is true. Thanks alot guys, I'm probably going to pick it up today.

#98213 Quality Of The Longshot

Posted by NJNerfer on 13 January 2007 - 11:04 AM in General Nerf

I've been looking on a lot of nerf websites and I've mostly seen good things said about the longshot. However, when I look at customer reviews on store websites I see a larger percentage of people complainging that the gun is constantly jammed or just downright does not work. Does anyone know how reliable this is? What is the quality of the longshot? Is it worth buying?

#68794 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by NJNerfer on 04 December 2005 - 08:32 PM in Homemades

music wire = hobby store. or thats what it said in the right up for the FAR which used the same stuff

#68752 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by NJNerfer on 03 December 2005 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

wait a minute he said he made his barrels out of paper? what!?

#68732 At2k Quad Mod

Posted by NJNerfer on 03 December 2005 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

Are the barrels stable? They dont jiggle or move or anything with them just being hot glued to the turret? I would probably like tape them all together in the middle or something just to be sure.

#68692 Pump-action Clip Writeup

Posted by NJNerfer on 02 December 2005 - 03:34 PM in Homemades

Yeah to me it would seem that when the dart fell in, others would follow.
But it if doesn't then its all good.

#68662 Pump-action Clip Writeup

Posted by NJNerfer on 01 December 2005 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

from what i understand you pull back a section and that chambers a dart, does this jam often?

#68661 Organizational Idea

Posted by NJNerfer on 01 December 2005 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

all you really need to do is compile all the mods in the forums and put them on the actual mod link on the website

#62092 Firefly Problems

Posted by NJNerfer on 16 August 2005 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

So from what I am reading I am going to guess that modding the turret alone will increase ranges? Are you guys using the stock darts or micros?

And did anyone besides me actually take the time to put on the glow in the dark tape? hahaha.

One last thing, has anyone thought of making the stock so it can extend? This would be better for those of us with longer arms haha. But seriously, this would be a very cool mod, I'm going to open mine up right now and see if its possible for one thing, and how long I could make it extend to for another.

#53547 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 26 April 2005 - 02:11 PM in Homemades

From what I have read, not that many people are making "clones". But yes, I am not sure any could outmatch Bolt's.

#53546 Nf Problems

Posted by NJNerfer on 26 April 2005 - 02:09 PM in Modifications

there isn't enough air from the NF to fire a dart out of a 1/2" PVC barrel

This isnt true. I did the same mod with the 1/2" pvc and mine gets a max of around 70' when arched and 50' flat. My only advice would be to make sure everything is tightly sealed. This can be a problem with the nf because of its multiple peices in the plunger system.

#53328 Bandoliers/ammo Storage?

Posted by NJNerfer on 24 April 2005 - 10:34 AM in Homemades

If you look through the pics on Boltsnipers Homemade Writeup you will see he also made an ammo holder.

#53327 Post Your Nerf Blasters (or Guns) Here!

Posted by NJNerfer on 24 April 2005 - 10:33 AM in General Nerf

Alright, an Admin should really shut this down as it is becoming increasingly redundant...

#53279 Fire Ext.

Posted by NJNerfer on 23 April 2005 - 03:26 PM in Homemades

Yeah they have flame retardant foam in them. But he would have emptied it first so I don't think there would be a problem.

#53270 Fire Ext.

Posted by NJNerfer on 23 April 2005 - 01:21 PM in Homemades

Yeah, that would really bite the big one.

#53234 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 08:22 PM in Off Topic

I play the world's sport, FOOTBALL

Sorry, I'm an American, to me its soccer.

#53226 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

Yeah I play some soccer and a little basketball and I can run a mile in 7 minutes flat 3 times in a row.

#53224 Fire Ext.

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 07:05 PM in Homemades

Dying for the ranges here. If they suck than something must be done about that airtank.

#53215 Resistors

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Sorry if this sounds idiotic but I am lost as to what a resistor is...

#53212 Fire Ext.

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 06:06 PM in Homemades

Create a backpack type carrying case for that thing and you're set.

#53211 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 06:04 PM in Homemades

Yeah action spring moved and then I would move the vertical foregrip closer to wear the mag used to be to ease up on the awkwardness. Still in the designing stages, I am beginning to veer away from it. As soon as I get all the necesary materials I will make my final desicion. I just want to change up the design and put my own personal flair on it instead of becoming a "Bolt clone".
Most likely I will trash the mag altogether and make it a loser type rifle. I have a design for a colapsable stock. I got this idea from a Gi-Joe gun that I found lying around. I would simply take a rod of pvc and stick it out the back of the gun. Over it I would slide the stock. Then I would make a catch mechanism towards the end of the pvc that is covered and wallah. A stock than can be lengthened for losing and shortened for close combat.

#53210 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

Shattered Dreams is my new BFF

Ditto

#53126 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 06:45 PM in Homemades

Alright, I have been considering making several magazines for this gun but I realized I do not have the type nor the number of springs to do this with the current design. Therefore I decided on a gravity fed clip with a side mounted scope. Making this will be much easier (I hope) than with the spring as i will (hopefully) be able to fit a few more cartridges in there. The only problem I can think of with this design is that with the mag being so long it would be awkward. I might shorten the mag, but this will be fine since I plan to build multiple mags.
Changin the design is not hard at all. I also hope to fit detachable bipod on the barrel, more for looks than purpose. The bipod will most likely have a tightening screw mechanism. I got this idea from my dremel platform. Any questions and I will be happy to answer.

EDIT: Just realized as I was fooling around with pics and drawing the gravity fed that if I am to do this I will need to get rid of the top cover and move the bolt action spring to the bottom. May prove difficult...

#53116 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

Hopefully nerf has learned something from the past and will strengthen it up before re-release.

Edit:

but I love it, and yes, more than my crossbow

Sounds like an excelent gun to rerelease then eh?

#53115 Non Nerf Ball Gun

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

I am so making one of those. I am gonna use my maverick turret for it since I am trashing that gun anyway.

#53114 Nerf Gun In Toy M16 Case?

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Wondering what you meant by "Nerf Vest"...

#53113 Need Help

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 05:01 PM in Homemades

The animated schematic is your best tool for building this gun. Study it and it will pay off.

#52981 I'm In Need Of Help.

Posted by NJNerfer on 20 April 2005 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

If you want the scope because you are having trouble aiming than you can make an aimer out of household items such as wire or pvc. Or you can do what I did and use the aimer from a plastic m-16. They can be found at dollar store everywhere. The aimer is just the little triangular thing at the end of the barrel.

To make one out of wire simply cut two peices of wire at about .5" each. Attach one to the end of the barrel (be sure not to make it hang down and block the barrel) and one at the other end of the gun. Make sure they stick up over the top of the gun. Top them off with a little glue or cover them in duct tape to make them safer and less pointy, line them up when you shoot and BAM! You have an aimer.

For wire you can use an old coat hanger or whatever you have.

Ditto for PVC aimers.

#52977 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 20 April 2005 - 04:29 PM in Homemades

This is a little off topic:

For all of you making this gun and trying not to buy so much. I have found a material that can be used in place of the music wire. It is the wire from a coat hangar. Just as strong (stronger maybe?) and easily bent with pliers.

I have also come up with a detachable bipod that can be used with this gun. Since the bipod would be to bulky with the mag on, I have also come up with a mag well cap. Sketches will be up as soon as i make them and scan them onto my computer.

For the mag well cap there is really nothing to draw. It is litterally a second mag without the spring and very very short. If you dont understand I will try and make sketches.

#52975 I'm In Need Of Help.

Posted by NJNerfer on 20 April 2005 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Well if you want to make a working scope, buy one from a paintball store or an actuall hunting store. If you want a non-working one then there is a writeup somewhere... (This is where some smart person comes and writes "the site for the writeup is___")

But in all honesty, scopes are usless.

#52904 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:51 PM in General Nerf

Well if you have read through the entire topic before posting (and I suggest you do this) you would find out that the BBB is comparable to the crossbow, which is one of the best guns out there, range wise at least.

here is the quote:

The bbb is a classic nerf spring rifle like the x-bow. It as meant to shoot arrows which means that the amount of power it has is greater than guns made to shoot darts, this is very good. Its got a large plunger and nice big spring. I'd say that it's a bit tougher to mod than an x-bow but just my opinion. It's a very nice gun. Well modded it gets similar if not better ranges than an x-bow. They are not really sturdy and with age, the trigger becomes a bitch to pull. Also it sometimes jams in the cocked position, or at least mine does. But hopefully they will fix some of these problems. I would highly advise that you pick one up if you don't have one. They are rally fun to use. Definately one of the best ever.

#52902 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:49 PM in Homemades

It may very well compress to three inches. But unless I am hugely mistaken, you only need it to compress to four and one half.

#52901 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

Does anything more than the BBB need to be released...? :D

#52887 Non Nerf Ball Gun

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

Wow, that slingshot looks remarkably like the nerf version. They all probably get horrible ranges...

#52885 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

Duce- Thanks for the info, I am definitely putting this gun on the top of my list.

#52873 Need Help Mod A Suppermax 3000

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Okay the sm2k is a good gun. For a pistol get the Nite Finder. Do not even bother with the Maverick if you plan to nerf outside, it sucks. For indoors I've heard it's ok, but all around it is a no. This is because of the numerous air deficiencies and the size of the wimpy little sping they have in there.

#52871 Any Clans From New Jersey Here?

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 04:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome. I'm right there, though I only have like 2 guns right now, and the LGLF is right there. Do you know where Tindall Park is?

Oh and what are the ages of the people in your clan?

#52868 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

I'm not really familiar with the Big Bad Bow. Could someone update me on how good this gun is?

#52857 Any Clans From New Jersey Here?

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes indeed quite a few places to nerf and people to nerf with in NJ.
Just wondering how many people you have in your new clan , where you are located... etc.

#52851 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 02:10 PM in General Nerf

one word: YES