badger's Content

There have been 728 items by badger (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297350 April Jersey War

Posted by badger on 20 April 2011 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Wish I could be there, but disregarding the fact that I don't have slugs (is the community officially going away from domes now?) the very next day is the 1st Anniversary for me and Maryann.

#296901 Ads?

Posted by badger on 30 March 2011 - 01:17 PM in Site Feedback

Still cxwq as far as I know. VACC or Talio would have made an announcement if ownership of the site had changed hands.

It isn't exactly something that adware can block. I am using Trend Micro and it has blocked everything anyone could ever encounter and it can't stop this oddity. I am also running Chrome.

#296891 Ads?

Posted by badger on 30 March 2011 - 11:06 AM in Site Feedback

I have contacted VACC concerning this matter. I noticed it early this morning. He is going to look into it. I scanned my computer after it occurred and it only seems to be from the site and it didn't infect my system with anything. Still, better to be safe than sorry, so you might want to scan your own systems for any viruses, spyware, or adware, just to be safe.

If you listen to some of the ads, some are TV commercials (Neutrogena and Listerine ad), some are broken into two parts (Goodyear ad that I heard this morning), and one is from either a popup or banner ad (Clear Internet Services) as it tells you to click to learn more.

#296213 March Meltdown '11

Posted by badger on 18 March 2011 - 08:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Guys have to bow out of this one. There won't be anyone around to take my wife to work that day (12-7 shift) nor anyone to be around to make sure nothing happens to my grandfather, who is 93.

I hope to be able to make it to the next one. Have fun!

#295323 Spy Gear Rocket Blaster

Posted by badger on 04 March 2011 - 01:21 AM in Modifications

I was able to get one of them at Kohl's. I may have to see if I can find anymore. I also get a 15% additional discount because my wife works for them and another 20% off when they have employee shop days.

I may need you to do a mod for me. I have not the time nor the patience to do one myself at this time.

#294601 March Meltdown '11

Posted by badger on 16 February 2011 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, unless I can get someone to drive my wife to and from work, or if she lucks out and is off, I am out for this one.

We have a convention to go to on the 5th and a concert on the 19th. The other two days she would be working.

#294558 March Meltdown '11

Posted by badger on 16 February 2011 - 01:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I won't be able to go if the date is the 19th. The wife and I have tickets for a concert. At the moment, any other date is good for me but I won't know more until Maryann gets her schedules.

#293811 Marshmallow Mazooka

Posted by badger on 03 February 2011 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

Buffdaddy, talk to Split about using rechargeable batteries. I believe he has done some work along those lines and he may have the information you are looking for.

I figured it would be loud, so that won;t be an issue for me. I probably would only pull that thing out for Apoc.

#293771 Marshmallow Mazooka

Posted by badger on 02 February 2011 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

How loud is the compressor on that baby? This may be the blaster I need for this year. I'm all for taking my time for each shot. Never been good at the multi-shot blasters or the extra rounds on-the-ready like a AT2k.

#291459 Stampede Shield In Wars

Posted by badger on 24 December 2010 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

Though it has been stated plenty of times that the organizer of an event is the final say in how to handle various rules, let me put this slice of logic out there.

The Manta Ray counts as a shield and shooting it is not a blaster hit as it is the main purpose of the blaster and the shielding surface is a solid component of the Manta Ray. The shield that comes with the Stampede is an attachment. It is an accessory that comes with the blaster that can be removed. As such, it should fall prey to the same rules as any other N-Strike attachment. If it is hit, it counts as a hit against you. If someone is using the Longshot and the sight is hit or they have the tactical light attached, hits on them count. The same goes for the shield. Now personally I agree with what VACC said and that will always be my personal stance. It came with the Stampede, so it only applies to the Stampede.

#290180 New "sonic Series"

Posted by badger on 05 December 2010 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Yes, they decided to make some extra cash by releasing the same blasters that have been out for some time now (with the NF and Mav being out the longest of them all) with a new shell color. I kind of like the look of them, though I am not about to buy any of them.

I do have to say that I saw the Sonic Maverick at a TRU this past week and I played with the cocking mechanism. It actually seemed to have some more strength in the spring. The AR will eliminate that extra force, but it was quite apparent, at least with the one I was holding, that they may have stronger springs in them.

#288872 Talking To The Press.

Posted by badger on 25 November 2010 - 02:32 AM in News

I agree completely Talio. This statement from you will be copied over at NHQ as well, if you want. Take it from someone that has seen the press firsthand slant a story one way or the other. This could be very bad for our hobby.

Speaking only for myself (though I think the other members of the NHQ M&A team will have the same sentiment), but NHQ fully supports this decision and as a forum in the NIC will act as needed to preserve our hobby.

Just this year a few of us got invited to an event by Hasbro. This situation may have hurt our standing with Hasbro from here on out. Let us hope that we are still in their good graces after this clusterfuck.

#283400 Super Happy Awesome Day!1!

Posted by badger on 18 August 2010 - 12:32 AM in Off Topic

This is what I get for trying to act like a good husband and letting Maryann use the computer all day.

Happy belated birthday Talio and VACC. I shall get drunk, pillage, burn and destroy in your honor this weekend (wife permitting).

Hope to get drunk with you both soon!

#282296 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by badger on 06 August 2010 - 07:55 AM in General Nerf

You just answered my question SG. Thanks to my months of unemployment, my girth has expanded, but this will fit me, though near its limits.

Time to go and buy one today.

#282283 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by badger on 06 August 2010 - 12:38 AM in Darts and Barrels

Well, since the Xbow is out (was my first choice for what to use it with), my other options are for one a singled Quadshot I recently acquired that I am fixing up. The previous owner left it a little raw and held together not too well. My other two options are my MaxShot and my recently acquired Buzz Bee Splat Blaster. Any thoughts?

#282264 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by badger on 05 August 2010 - 10:38 PM in Darts and Barrels

Using a dremel, sand out the bottom of your wye. You want to get rid of the ledge that would otherwise impede the dart.

Just to clarify Chops, you mean to sand out the ledge that is on the inside of the 45 degree angled fitting? You say to sand the wye, but it is the angled fitting in the image.

I want to make sure I get this right. I was about to build three hoppers, but when I saw this, I bought all new supplies just for your choppers.

Question...any clue on how well this works with a nested brass barrel?

#282231 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by badger on 05 August 2010 - 05:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't wait to see everyone! Haven't nerfed since last Apoc because of the then upcoming wedding and it seems a lot has changed in the hobby. I need to still finish my hoppers or choppers, depending on which one I like more.

Does anyone need for me to bring extra meals (MREs yet again) or water/drinks? I will have the wagon again for this year. I will also be bringing the COD for additional hilarity.

#282086 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by badger on 04 August 2010 - 11:33 AM in General Nerf

Aj hit it right on the head. The design says it can hold the clips and darts or up to 100 darts. If you over pack it and try to run, everything will fall out.

#281870 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 02 August 2010 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

I believe that September 9th is the anniversary of when the original Nerf material was created, last year was it's 40th anniversary, and this year is the 40th of when it was released as a toy ball. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's the best i can think of.

BINGO!!! I just did a little more research (sometimes I need to thin of things in a different context to do a search), but the Nerf Ball was released to the public on September 9th, 1969.

#281840 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 02 August 2010 - 08:14 AM in General Nerf

It could be because it is the last month of the 2010 fiscal year, so they are trying to get a final boost in sales before they report their earnings. There is no real significance to the date. Nothing was ever really said to us.

Every year, blasters have release dates in the 4th quarter of their fiscal year. They may have decided to make this one special for whatever reason.

#281445 Are The Clear Blasters Faulty?

Posted by badger on 28 July 2010 - 12:50 AM in General Nerf

Sadly, if you notice how the box says, for example "Shoots up to 35 feet", that means it can shoot less. If it isn't shooting as far as its colored counterpart, that is not a defect, simply, as SGNerf put it, a manufacturing variation. Nerf blasters are made with precision in mind in regards to them firing and functioning as advertised, not that they all shoot the exact same range.

You will probably not be able to return it. I personally would not take the return if your reason is it isn't shooting as far as a previous release. At most they may let you exchange it, but if you keep going back in the hopes of getting one that shoots as far as the colored ones, they may stop you for suspicious activity and refuse further exchanges or returns.

#281161 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by badger on 24 July 2010 - 06:03 PM in General Nerf

I may have misunderstood the question that was asked in the other thread. Yes the clip does lock in place and yes there is a clip release (ambidextrous switches), but you do not have to pull back on the bolt to use the release switch like with every other blaster that uses the Clip System.

With the LS, Recon, and all the others, you had to pull the priming handle back in order to be able to release the clip. Since the Stampede has no priming handle, they seemed to have designed it differently so that you are always able to release the clips, making recovery in a skirmish much easier.

I don't know what this will mean for anyone modifying the blaster.

#281135 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 24 July 2010 - 09:48 AM in General Nerf

No it doesn't have a clip lock. You are able to release the clips at any time.

#280994 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 22 July 2010 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

Guys, they aren't allowed to sell it before the release date unless they want to get sanctioned by the manufacturers. I just talked to the district manager of the TRU in my area (he is the DM for all TRU in Central and Southern NJ). He told me that they have an area in the warehouse for items that have a release date. The registers can't even scan them until 9-9-10. If any store sells an item before their release date (and with how diligent Hasbro was about even the release of images surrounding this year's line), they can lose bulk purchasing discounts, max quantity allowances, and possibly the right to sell the product for a period of time. The companies can also be fined by the government for illegal marketing and sales practices. Release dates are set for fair trade practices, though it is mostly seen in movies, music and software.

I would not be surprised if Hasbro is really keeping an eye on this release. Just be patient. As we get more information about the Stampede, I'm sure Talio, myself, Litersize, and the others in the fold will let you know.

#280907 Nerf Big Blast On Target

Posted by badger on 21 July 2010 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

Just for anyone that hasn't realized it yet, but the Nerf Big Blast is the Stampede, so nothing new.

#280812 Stampede: Leaked

Posted by badger on 20 July 2010 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

This is to everyone here that has failed to flame ricochet and has decided to instead just post a lame ass picture, except for durka durka and Mehku's images. Those images, like the one I have posted, fully describe the complete level of "What the Fuck" reaction I am having to this thread.

Talio, these people took to flaming Ricochet like they would to being invited to a gangbang. Instead of jumping right in, they would sit in the corner masturbating while seeing glimpses of the whore but getting full views of men's asses and their balls.

My soul has died a little bit after watching this debacle unfold.

#280513 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 17 July 2010 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

I'm glad they are taking some of their inspirations from the modding community.

They really aren't though. People seem to think that the Magstrike was inspired by how we modified the PC, but I asked about it and it wasn't the case. The Magstrike had removable clips as they were leaning towards a clip system. The designer I talked to knew about the PC mods, but the modders had no influence on them. They have test groups that contain their target audience. I also got the answer as to why all the blasters in recent years have all been springers. Their groups have said they want fast reloading (clips), more ammo capacity (drum clips and the new 18-shot clip) and faster priming (springs). They don't want to be reloading multiple chambers like with the Magstrike and pumping it like crazy every time they run out of air or darts.

When in combat, the Stampede would truly be superior as you don't even need to prime the blaster, simply pull the trigger. Reloading clips is faster as you don't have to chamber back the bolt to release and reinsert the clips. Now all you do is push the button, release the clip, insert a new one and start shooting. It is also cost efficient to do springers than it is for air bladders, both in material costs and engineering.

#280508 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 17 July 2010 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

cut it off just forward of where the darts clear the clip/breach, eliminate all plastic behind the grip not required for the main housing, relocate the batteries (on gun/off gun your pref) and i forsee mad dual wield pistol possibilities.

I have *never* understood why anyone would create a long 'barrel' for nerf darts when the get their force from leaving the chamber.

Eliminating the plastic behind the grip not required for the main housing and relocating the batteries as you suggest would actually make this blaster more unwieldy. Unlike the Vulcan, which was extremely rear heavy, the Stampede is well balanced. Moving the batteries anywhere else would alter the weight distribution of this blaster, which I was told they researched thoroughly. They learned a lot of lessons from the Vulcan. The battery pack doesn't seem to be a power sled like the Vulcan was either. The battery chambers are the back of the blaster behind the grip, and the travel range for the plunger system also goes back there, so I don't think you will be able to remove or relocate anything without negating the benefits of this blaster design.

As for removing the cosmetic barrel at the front, there isn't much you can remove without also cutting off tactical rails. If you lose the bottom one, you have nowhere to mount the combination bipod/grip. Cut back further and you lose the rail that the shield is mounted upon.

I don't think simple "hack and slash" modifications will benefit you on this one. If you want to modify it, it will take some more thought and precision, like the RFSG did to produce the Doomsayer.

Someone will figure it out, for sure.

#280477 Umd Dart Of War 3

Posted by badger on 17 July 2010 - 06:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm officially out for this one. The wife has to work tomorrow and I am beat between the Nerf event in NYC and Meat Loaf last night.

#280476 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by badger on 17 July 2010 - 05:48 AM in General Nerf

I can answer a couple of questions that Talio can't (I wasn't as hammered that night only because they had no Tattoo Rum).

The bipod collapses into the grip. There is a button on the top of the grip that ejects it. Contrary though to what the press release pictures show you, you can't sit the blaster down on the bipod with a 18-shot clip loaded. The clip is longer than the bipod.

Oddly, no one tried to mount the shield to any other blaster in the place, but it looks like you won't be able to mount it to any rail with a lot of bulk underneath it. If you look at the pictures on the site that Talio provided the link to, you can see what I mean. Now I'm just waiting to go to a war and see someone with the shield mounted to his NF. Once I get mine (whenever that happens) I will try to mount it to different blasters. The bipod/grip is also a rail-mounted accessory, so any blaster with a underside rail can accept it.

From what I observed, you may have a hard time installing a priming handle on this thing. I didn't examine it too much to see if it was possible, but from what I could tell, the internal design is set a bit different than the LS and other clip system blasters.

Talio, I didn't need to open that thing up to figure out what was on the inside. I just asked Brian from the Design Team.

Sadly kiddies, it is a reverse plunger.

#279738 Umd Dart Of War 3

Posted by badger on 08 July 2010 - 08:09 AM in Nerf Wars

I will have to talk to my wife. I think there is a slim chance of me attending, but don't count on me for now.

I do have to ask though...will you guys allow my "Crowd Pleaser" again? It was allowed at the first Dart of War. For those that weren't at the first one I attended, it is simply a rechargeable confetti cannon loaded with stefans. It only fires out about 40-50 feet with a spread of about 30 degrees and took forever to reload (no way it could be reloaded in the midst of a round), but it did take out 3 members of a 6-man team in one shot. It's disadvantages clearly outweighed its advantage, plus it was unwieldy to carry.

#277785 Fuck It!

Posted by badger on 15 June 2010 - 08:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Soooo, I'm going to be in Jersey the night before for a bachelor's party, New Brunswick to be exact. However, there are no trains that can bring me down there the following morning. Will any war-goers be heading through/near New Brunswick and be willing to give me a ride to the warsite?

If I am going I can easily head down through New Brunswick. I'll know by the end of the week whether or not to count on me for a ride.

#277733 Fuck It!

Posted by badger on 14 June 2010 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Split, you can put me down as a maybe for now. I need to see if I can arrange a ride home from work for my wife.

#275883 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by badger on 24 May 2010 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I will definitely be there with Photobug (or should I say Mrs. Photobug-Badger?), but it is time I start nerfing again.

Time to tune-up the collection.

#264319 March Meltdown 2010

Posted by badger on 04 February 2010 - 12:45 PM in Nerf Wars

For now, I am going to say that I am a maybe. I have to see if I can get the funds together to modify a blaster fr Megas and get my hands on some foam.

Been a long time since I played, so this will be a trip. We shall see.

#250909 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by badger on 19 September 2009 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

You can always go with the term that has been used in just about every single acronym for a loaation-based event, that being outing.

The letter "O" in nearly every acronym (NCNO, DCNO, SFNO, NJNO, etc, etc, etc) stands for outing. Outing makes it sound like it is a peaceful gathering of those with common interests.

War should be a taboo word like blasters being called guns or the darts being called bullets. References to armor and shields should also be eliminated as these items are also related to war and combat.

#248336 Mother Of All Modification Contests

Posted by badger on 23 August 2009 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Could anyone give the links to the first and second place entries for all of us who don't have FU/NHQ accounts?

Congrats to all of the entrants and especially ASON. Nice work guys. Maybe next year I'll get off my ass and give it a shot.

imaseoulman's entry at NHQ

atomatron's entry at FU

Here you go.

#248275 Mother Of All Modification Contests

Posted by badger on 23 August 2009 - 01:16 PM in Modifications

The results are in. We know who the winenrs are. Sorry for the wait.

First off, let me post the scores for the NH entrants. We had a couple of last minute judge changes on account that HeretiCorp (NHQ) and NerfDude1138 (FU) seem to have dropped off the face of the planet. Blacksunshine (NHQ) and Duckslayer (FU) have taken their place and have been a great help.

Scores will be listed in this order and format:

Entrant's Name
Judges Name, Function, Cleanliness, Mod. Difficulty, Writeup Quality, Creativity, Score Total (FN#, CL#, MD#, WQ#, CR#, TOTAL#)
Average Score

If you have any questions about your final scores, post them here.

b00m13
Groove (FN 7, CL 8, MD 4, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 33)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 7, MD 5, WQ 7, CR 7, TOTAL 33)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 8, MD 10, WQ 7, CR 3, TOTAL 35)
Average Score = 33.67

PointBlank
Groove (FN 6, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 8, TOTAL 35)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 38)
Forsaken (FN 4, CL 8, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 9, TOTAL 38)
Average Score = 37.00

lianbria
Groove (FN 5, CL 4, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 24)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 5, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 24)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 33)
Average Score = 27.00

Pie_lover123
Groove (FN 2, CL 3, MD 6, WQ 4, CR 2, TOTAL 17)
Captain Slug (FN 2, CL 3, MD 8, WQ 4, CR 5, TOTAL 22)
Forsaken (FN 5, CL 8, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 6, TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 25.00

Lone_Wolf14
Groove (FN 7, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 9, CR 9, TOTAL 38)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 36)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 7, TOTAL 34)
Average Score = 36.00

xtremejumpy
Groove (FN 4, CL 2, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 5, TOTAL 26)
Captain Slug (FN 3, CL 3, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 5, TOTAL 25)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 4, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 7, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 27.33

Liam
Groove (FN 8, CL 5, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 5, TOTAL 33)
Captain Slug (FN 8, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 4, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 7, MD 9, WQ 9, CR 2, TOTAL 34)
Average Score = 33.00

NerfRogue83
Groove (FN 4, CL 5, MD 4, WQ 5, CR 4, TOTAL 22)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 6, MD 3, WQ 5, CR 4, TOTAL 23)
Forsaken (FN 9, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 37)
Average Score = 27.33

A Side of Nerf
Groove (FN 8, CL 7, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 9, TOTAL 39)
Captain Slug (FN 8, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 35)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 7, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 9, TOTAL 40)
Average Score = 38.00

Gym
Groove (FN 5, CL 8, MD 1, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 31)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 8, MD 2, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 1, CL 9, MD 4, WQ 9, CR 6, TOTAL 29)
Average Score = 30.67

madmax
Groove (FN 8, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 5, CR 4, TOTAL 29)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 6, CR 6, TOTAL 31)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 7, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 5, TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 32.00

Elwood
Groove (FN 2, CL 1, MD 7, WQ 9, CR 2, TOTAL 21)
Captain Slug (FN 4, CL 3, MD 7, WQ 4, CR 3, TOTAL 21)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 2, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 30)
Average Score = 24.00

Mehku
Groove (FN 7, CL 5, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 1, TOTAL 25)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 5, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 26)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 8, MD 9, WQ 8, CR 1, TOTAL 33)
Average Score = 28.00

SonReeceSonJensen
Groove (FN 4, CL 2, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 9, TOTAL 28)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 9, TOTAL 33)
Forsaken (FN 3, CL 2, MD 5, WQ 8, CR 8, TOTAL 26)
Average Score = 29.00

white moonlight
Groove (FN 7, CL 5, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 4, TOTAL 29)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 4, TOTAL 30)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 6, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 30.00

wasdf
Groove (FN 1, CL 2, MD 5, WQ 4, CR 2, TOTAL 14)
Captain Slug (FN 3, CL 3, MD 6, WQ 4, CR 2, TOTAL 18)
Forsaken (FN 1, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 3, TOTAL 25)
Average Score = 19.00

TantumBull
Groove (FN 7, CL 8, MD 3, WQ 10, CR 7, TOTAL 35)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 7, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 31)
Forsaken (FN 9, CL 9, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 7, TOTAL 40)
Average Score = 35.33

dizzyduck
Groove (FN 8, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 10, CR 4, TOTAL 35)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 9, CR 4, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 10, CR 6, TOTAL 40)
Average Score = 35.67

SPV999
Groove (FN 4, CL 2, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 9, TOTAL 28)
Captain Slug (FN 3, CL 3, MD 5, WQ 7, CR 9, TOTAL 27)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 9, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 8, TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 30.33

koree
Groove (FN 7, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 10, TOTAL 42)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 38)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 7, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 2, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 37.00

nerfer63
Groove (FN 5, CL 3, MD 4, WQ 4, CR 7, TOTAL 23)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 2, MD 5, WQ 6, CR 5, TOTAL 23)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 3, TOTAL 30)
Average Score = 25.33

sublimedom777
Groove (FN 6, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 7, TOTAL 32)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 30)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 5, CR 6, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 31.00

louiec3
Groove (FN 4, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 4, CR 3, TOTAL 22)
Captain Slug (FN 4, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 5, CR 5, TOTAL 25)
Forsaken (FN 4, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 8, TOTAL 32)
Average Score = 26.33

venom213
Groove (FN 9, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 37)
Captain Slug (FN 9, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 37)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 9, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 38)
Average Score = 37.33

Zack the Mack
Groove (FN 5, CL 5, MD 4, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 22)
Captain Slug (FN 4, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 5 CR 2, TOTAL 22)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 33)
Average Score = 25.67

Fome
Groove (FN 6, CL 6, MD 5, WQ 9, CR 10, TOTAL 36)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 9, CR 10, TOTAL 37)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 9, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 7, TOTAL 34)
Average Score = 35.67

dim3
Groove (FN 2, CL 6, MD 4, WQ 7, CR 3, TOTAL 22)
Captain Slug (FN 3, CL 6, MD 5, WQ 8, CR 3, TOTAL 25)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 9, TOTAL 41)
Average Score = 29.33

Dayko
Groove (FN 6, CL 3, MD 5, WQ 9, CR 4, TOTAL 27)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 5, MD 5, WQ 9, CR 6, TOTAL 30)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 8, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 7, TOTAL 38)
Average Score = 31.67

Assassin NF
Groove (FN 5, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 30)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 5, TOTAL 29)
Forsaken (FN 9, CL 7, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 41)
Average Score = 33.33

Darken
Groove (FN 7, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 32)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 5, TOTAL 34)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 7, MD 9, WQ 8, CR 4, TOTAL 35)
Average Score = 33.67

Blue
Groove (FN 5, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 10, TOTAL 36)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 5, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 4, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 33.00

Dart Attack
Groove (FN 7, CL 7, MD 3, WQ 10, CR 9, TOTAL 36)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 7, MD 3, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 34)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 9, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 39)
Average Score = 36.33

Split
Groove (FN 4, CL 8, MD 1, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 30)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 8, MD 1, WQ 9, CR 9, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 5, CL 10, MD 9, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 41)
Average Score = 34.33

Mr Badwrench
Groove (FN 7, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 4, TOTAL 31)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 5, TOTAL 33)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 8, MD 8, WQ 5, CR 6, TOTAL 35)
Average Score = 33.00

slowguitarman
Groove (FN 6, CL 2, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 7, TOTAL 27)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 3, MD 4, WQ 8, CR 8, TOTAL 30)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 4, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 31.00

Soothsayer
Groove (FN 7, CL 5, MD 5, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 25)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 5, MD 5, WQ 6, CR 2, TOTAL 25)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 2, TOTAL 35)
Average Score = 28.33

wing'd man
Groove (FN 5, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 6, CR 3, TOTAL 25)
Captain Slug (FN 5, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 6, CR 4, TOTAL 26)
Forsaken (FN 7, CL 6, MD 7, WQ 5, CR 6, TOTAL 31)
Average Score = 27.33

CoasterDynamix757
Groove (FN 8, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 36)
Captain Slug (FN 8, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 35)
Forsaken (FN 6, CL 8, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 35.67

THIRST
Groove (FN 8, CL 3, MD 7, WQ 7, CR 7, TOTAL 32)
Captain Slug (FN 8, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 33)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 8, CR 9, TOTAL 39)
Average Score = 34.67

The winner for NH is A Side of Nerf.

And now for Round Two....and the problem we had. The rules for scoring on Round Two were simple. The entrant's original score would be thrown out and a new score would be created by the 6 judges that didn't evaluate it. For example, A Side of Nerf's mod would be evaluated by the judges from NHQ and FU, making a totally new score.

The reason for the long delay in getting the results out was that we had a tie for First Place. To solve this problem, we asked for another jduge from the forum that didn't have an entrant tied for First Place to give us his scores to break the tie.

And now for the final scores in a similar format to what was used above.

A Side of Nerf - NH WINNER
NHQ Judges
Badger (FN 9, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 3, TOTAL 36)
Bpso86 (FN 7, CL 7, MD 5, WQ 9, CR 4, TOTAL 32)
Blacksunshine (FN 7, CL 5, MD 7, WQ 9, CR 5, TOTAL 33)
FU Judges
Jwasko (FN 9, CL 9, MD 9, WQ 10, CR 9, TOTAL 46)
Duckslayer (FN 8, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 7, TOTAL 38)
Trag (FN 9, CL 8, MD 6, WQ 9, CR 6 TOTAL 38)
Average Score = 37.17

imaseoulman - NHQ WINNER
NH Judges
Groove (FN 5, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 9, CR 6, TOTAL 32)
Captain Slug (FN 7, CL 7, MD 5, WQ 7, CR 6, TOTAL 32)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 42)
FU Judges
Jwasko (FN 10, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 8, TOTAL 44)
Duckslayer (FN 8, CL 5, MD 8, WQ 10, CR 10, TOTAL 41)
Trag (FN 8, CL 7, MD 7, WQ 6, CR 8 TOTAL 36)
Average Score = 37.83

atomatron - FU WINNER
NH Judges
Groove (FN 8, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 8, CR 6, TOTAL 36)
Captain Slug (FN 6, CL 6, MD 8, WQ 7, CR 4, TOTAL 31)
Forsaken (FN 8, CL 9, MD 8, WQ 9, CR 7, TOTAL 41)
NHQ Judges
Badger (FN 8, CL 8, MD 9, WQ 6, CR 8, TOTAL 39)
Bpso86 (FN 9, CL 5, MD 6, WQ 8, CR 7, TOTAL 35)
Blacksunshine (FN 10, CL 9, MD 9, WQ 10, CR 7 TOTAL 45)
Average Score = 37.83

This puts imaseoulman and atomatron tied for First Place.

Final scores:

imaseoulman - NHQ WINNER
VACC from NH (FN 5, CL 6, MD 6, WQ 7, CR 5, TOTAL 29)

atomatron - FU WINNER
VACC from NH (FN 8, CL9, MD 5, WQ 5 CR 3, TOTAL 30)

FINAL RESULTS
3RD PLACE - A Side of Nerf from NH
2ND PLACE - imaseoulman from NHQ
1ST PLACE - atomatron from FU

Congratulations to all the winners!!! Keep a lookout next year for the return of the Mother of All Modification Contests with possibly some new judges, improved judging criteria and new entry rules. I thank everyone who participated in the competition for working with the judges. There were a few issues with the rules that we hope to rectify before next year.

All winners will be contacted.

Finally, a piece of advice that everyone should heed and take to heart. To increase your chances of winning for next year, maybe you should enter on a different forum besides Haven. NH had a total of 39 entries, NHQ had 10, and FU had only 7. Many of the users that entered here at NH have an account at the other forums as well. You do realize that your chances of winning would have been greater if you had entered on either NHQ or FU? You had only about a 2.5% chance of winning on NH, yet you had a 10% chance at NHQ and about a 15.6% chance of getting into the finals if you had entered at FU.

It is also nicer to the judges at NH not to overwhelm them.

#246771 Happy Birthday Omc

Posted by badger on 12 August 2009 - 06:33 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday Hersh! I owe you a drink next time I see you.

Oh, and if you do eat the stripper, eat her the right way.

#244335 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by badger on 28 July 2009 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can get my hands on some sort of large cart to drag around, I may bring that massive water cannon to help cool people off with. Just going to need a shitload of water for it. Anyone have such a thing floating around that I can use?