TypicalSeattleModder's Content

There have been 34 items by TypicalSeattleModder (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356353 How to make your own foam melee weapons.

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 20 October 2016 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

I just made a Buster sword from Final Fantasy with:

Hot glue

Cardboard (and a lot of it)

A lamp rod

Craft foam

So I cut out the shape of the sword and stuck the rod onto it with tape and hot glue.  I next made a funky waffle pattern on it and hot glued all that together.  I next hot glued another flat shape of the sword on top, covered the edges with foam, and and covered the thing in duct tape.  Seem to be pretty robust but I haven't taken it to a war yet so can't be sure.  I could take some pics of it if you would like.

#356352 Which Stores Sell Buzz Bee Blasters

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 20 October 2016 - 02:18 PM in General Nerf

So I'm currently trying to get my hands on a Buzz Bee Destiny but my local Target doesn't sell any Buzz Bee blasters.  I know Walmart sells them but the closest Walmart is 30 minutes away and I'm not willing to go that far to get this blaster.  Fredmeyers is close by but I never really payed any attention to Buzz Bee so I don't know if they have any if their are any stores near my area please let me know.  I live in Seattle, WA near Northgate Mall.

#354338 Rapid strike modification

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 18 June 2016 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

https://www.youtube....h?v=yRspanhxKEM

#354327 Blasters to look out for?

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

this

http://i.ebayimg.com...ZUEE~A/$_32.JPG

#354326 One handed strongarm?

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 June 2016 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

Keep the slamfire option and do LordGiratia's concept. So that when you dual wield the strong-arm you could do a punching motion  :P

#354298 One handed strongarm?

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 June 2016 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

I like LordGiratia's idea 

D3VIL Do you know how hard that would be? The gears would probably break from all the stress.

#354187 Cloud 9 retaliator

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 14 June 2016 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

I like the sound of the blaster but the photos look like they were taken by cheap phone and I can't stop but notice the typos. (sorry)

#354185 Lack of NIC Nerf wars this year in Washington?

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 14 June 2016 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I live in Washington state and go to a nerf group located in Bothell (Kirkland for this summer)  but its a private group.

I've heard WalcomS7 lives in Washington but I don't know where he goes for nerf.

#354159 problems with mod

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 13 June 2016 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

how much and how far will it shoot?

#354130 Rapidstrike Replacement Gear/Cog?

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 11 June 2016 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

Im sorry but I think you're just going to have to buy a new rapidstrike (or a used one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...HMAAOSwEa5XPnLu or Amazon: https://www.amazon.c...ion=collectible)

#354003 problems with mod

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 06 June 2016 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

This is why Vulcans are better (jk)

I think you might have too tight of an air seal so what you could do is keep something to restrain the dart from going back into the plunger tube.

#353961 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 04 June 2016 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

The vulcan never jams/explodes as far as I'm concerned. If it does jam your doing one the following (or multiple)

list of things you may be doing wrong:

1.  Trying to get to feed with out a box to hold the belt.

The vulcan is not capable of pulling the belt up when gravity is pulling it down therefore you need the box so it feeding this way >  not this way ^ .

2. You the belt in upside down.

just make sure that when your loading it the NERF logo is facing you, if not it will jam sometimes.

3. you modded it and forgot to put something back in place.

This happens to me all the time.

#353924 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 02 June 2016 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

last week I gave two vulcans to goodwill and gave a third to the recycling bin. they are not rare.

Now you're making me feel bad for buying a 55$ vulcan off Ebay ;(

#353916 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 02 June 2016 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

I have also modified a vulcan not to long ago.  I simply took out the AR,increased the voltage, and added a spring compressor, it shoot about as far as a stock stryfe and I have been able to get some kills with it. A lot of people say its hard to open up but I can open one up in about 5 mins.

ALSO THERE IS A RED VULCAN SELLING ON EBAY FOR 88$ http://www.ebay.com/...FkAAOSw3mpXJrgz

#353900 Post your DIY/Maker/Craft/Mod hobbies

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 02 June 2016 - 12:35 AM in Off Topic

shmmee, quite nice work. I bet the hair was heavy!

Back in the day I used to build homemade water guns. I've gotten back into this lately, though the new one I built this year hasn't worked so well and I intend to re-purpose it. I'm planning another one which would completely avoid the faults of my newest one.

One homemade water gun I built that I'm particularly proud of I called SuperCPS.

This one worked nicely, but I broke part of it by trying to upgrade it. I never bothered to fix it, though I might now.

My most powerful one I called Supercannon II. Not practical for actual water fighting in any way, but it's extremely powerful and gives a good buck when shot, especially when the nozzle is removed so you have a 1.5" diameter water jet.

That looks amazing.  Could you do a DIY guide?

#353899 Lord Drac's 450 FPS Longstrike How-To Help

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 02 June 2016 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

FYI its not Drac's,  it's someone else's.

#353876 Post your DIY/Maker/Craft/Mod hobbies

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 31 May 2016 - 03:55 PM in Off Topic

I do origami, here is a project I have made (not my picture) http://www.onefunsit...evilorigami.jpg

I do Lego building (working guns mainly) and Lego game modding.

And last but not least I 3D design.

#353817 Stampede vs Rapidstrike vs ??

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 28 May 2016 - 04:28 PM in General Nerf

Drac made a video of Vlad's full auto Longshot (which was a basically an integration of the longshot and rapidstrike)  called the cherry crush (I think) 

Any way heres a list on which full auto blaster wins each category.(my thoughts)

coolest:  Vulcan

fastest shooting: Hyperfire

furthest shooting: Khaos

most accurate: Khaos

#353776 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 26 May 2016 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Ok, I just found out where that little piece belongs.  you only need it if you are changing the switches. If you are heres a link:https://blastersmith...h-mount-upgrade  The instruction are in there as well.

#353773 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 26 May 2016 - 12:54 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys,  Ill be switching it to IMRs if it doesn't work with the ones I have currently or if I run out.

#353772 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 26 May 2016 - 12:50 PM in Modifications

Gotcha. What about the weird little piece?

Kid on YouTube was selling them but doesn't have any recent activity. Wonder if we can source one elsewhere.

EDIT: What is the general consensus on replacing the blaster barrel with brass tubing?

All it really does is make the barrel a little bit narrower and a lot smoother which can increase accuracy some what.  But if you want something accurate I suggest a canted flywheel cage.  I am currently trying to print one but I haven't quite got it yet.  I could PM you when I finished my cage, or you could go in the long line for one of snikkas aluminum cages.  Also, if your blaster works without the little piece you may not need it.

#353767 How to control a blaster with Arduino

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 26 May 2016 - 01:03 AM in Homemades

What kind of stepper motor would you suggest?

#353766 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 26 May 2016 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

You can get upgrade springs for the radar drum mag? WHERE CAN I GET ONE!

As I said they might not be able to buy online anymore and I don't own any.  I just heard about them

#353763 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 25 May 2016 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

Some 35 drums can handle up to 12 darts per second. If they do fail to feed it does not result in a jam, only a skipped pusher cycle.

Do remember that he is using 180 motors for his pusher, it will be going well over 12 darts per second he would need an upgrade spring for his drum and I don't know if they still sell those.

FMB, I believe the square piece covers the hole you made for the 180 motor towards the back

#353754 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 25 May 2016 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

I also have the 35 dart drum, so yeah. The goal for this build is to light up my roommates when they least expect it so the faster and harder they shoot the better. ;-)

35 dart drums won't feed the pusher mech fast enough, even if you had 130 motors I suggest you stick to stick mags  if you don't want jams.

#353744 How to control a blaster with Arduino

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 25 May 2016 - 12:05 AM in Homemades

can you make a rapidstrike select fire code? Like semi auto, burst, full auto.

#353736 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 24 May 2016 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Are you sure you want 180s? your 18 clip will be out in less then a second.  I am also working on a rapid strike with 180 but not for the pushermech.

http://nerfhaven.com...apidstrike-uzi/

#353734 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 24 May 2016 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

You may not want a 180 motor for your pusher mech, you will have to the shell if you do.

#353535 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 May 2016 - 10:57 AM in Modifications

Don't use ultra fires use imrs

What's the difference?

#353526 EB-1 longhorn rifle

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 May 2016 - 02:05 AM in Homemades

Very cool.

Excuse me but I'm feeling a bit of unfairness here. Mods are giving me warnings because Im applauding to his work.  The2ndBluesBro is also applauding to his work but the mods don't warn him.  Is it just because I'm new?

MODERATOR CLARIFICATION:

THIS USER WAS WARNED NOT BECAUSE THEY GAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, BUT BECAUSE THEY MISSPELLED THE ONLY WORD IN THEIR POST AND DID NOT USE CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION. IF THE POST HAD READ:

Neat.

THEN THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN WARNED.

#353525 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 17 May 2016 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

FYI, Make Test Battle (of Rhino motor fame) are working on 180s so you could wait for those. But since you want the Uzi form factor then you might as well keep it as small as possible and use Rhinos.

What do you mean by "Li-on battery upgrade(x3)"? What battery are you planning on using?

Just because it's an Uzi does't mean I need to make it as small as possible, I want the thing to look scary with things jutting out from it so I get the WTF reaction,and when I said Li-on (x3) I meant 3 of these http://www.amazon.co...18650 ultrafire I have blue ones that amazon is apparently not selling any more but still same brand. 

#353490 EB-1 longhorn rifle

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 15 May 2016 - 04:52 PM in Homemades

neet

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

PLEASE PUT MORE EFFORT INTO YOUR POST THAN ONE WORD, SPELLED INCORRECTLY, UNLESS YOU WERE CALLING HIM A "NEET" WHICH WOULD BE EQUALLY INAPPROPRIATE.

#353488 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 15 May 2016 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

Just get Rhinos. By far the best for your money and avoiding shell modifications is nice. If you want something from amazon it will have to be 180 sized, so get these: http://www.amazon.co...words=Blade 180

Thanks, I just want the most ultimate full-auto gun. I don't mind if I need to cut part of the shell to get what I want. It will be a nightmare to everyone in my community >:D

#353479 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by TypicalSeattleModder on 14 May 2016 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Hey guys, So I'm currently working on a Rapidstrike Uzi like this one https://i.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg and it will have the following.

1. Li-on battery upgrade(x3)=x

2. 3D printed canted flywheel cage=

3. complete rewire=

4. new triggers=x

5. new motors=

6. black and white paint job=

7. volt meter=

8. stock attachment point=

(The "x" means completed)

So I'm debating whether I should get 180 or 130 motors so if you have a suggestion please post it below and if your going to give a link please make it an amazon link.