Stampede vs Rapidstrike vs ??
Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:39 PM
So, in my previous post I talked about really enjoying the Hammershot and Strong arm.
Now I am looking to expand my inventory to a fully auto option and was wondering what experience and advice you guys had here.
There are a number of items out there, in the fully auto world, and I figured I would lay out the ideas of what I am interested in.
Goals: I would like a full auto blaster that I can potentially mod. Adding things like metal breeches, and barrels, etc. To get some performance, and weight/feel.
I would also like to be able to shoot both stock and modded rounds. Though, if that's not really a thing, then I will stick with my koosh and ACC's.
Now, to the blasters i am looking at.
1) Rival - yes, I am aware of this blaster and intend to get one when the newer one comes out this fall. (Khaod MXVI-4000)
2) Rapid Strike - I like the core look and or idea for this blaster, but am unsure if the length is going to fit. As a 6'1" adult, I've got longer arms, and I don't want to feel too cramped.
Thank being said, I am also interested in modding , so if this blaster is a good idea, I'd love to hear your reasons why.
2) Longshot - Is there a version of this that comes fully auto? Has anyone posted a mod making it fully auto?
3) Stampede - I've seen a couple versions of this floating around I think. Anyone had any experience with it vs the others?
4) Retaliator - I also like the look of this one. Any word on making it full auto?
Any others gems that I might be overlooking?
Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:51 PM
Edit: Did not mean semi auto, meant single-prime.
Edited by ReThink, 28 May 2016 - 07:26 PM.
Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:01 PM
I do have experience with the stampede. I like it because its old, so when you take it to somebody's house they think it will shoot 30 feet, but oh are they wrong. I think the stampede is a lot easier to mod, because it is more mechanical. The rapidstrike is more electrical, which I think would be harder to mod. If you could find a stampede for a good price I would recommend it. If you want to get a rapidstrike be my guest but it will be harder to mod.
Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:25 PM
Stampedes can be overvolted and brass breeched, and pistolized.
The hyperfire is full auto, but it's weird.
Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:26 PM
Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:28 PM
Drac made a video of Vlad's full auto Longshot (which was a basically an integration of the longshot and rapidstrike) called the cherry crush (I think)
Any way heres a list on which full auto blaster wins each category.(my thoughts)
fastest shooting: Hyperfire
furthest shooting: Khaos
most accurate: Khaos
Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:49 PM
The Longshot and Retaliator are not semi-auto, as they must be primed with each shot.
Flywheel blasters like the Stryfe and Demolisher can shoot as fast as you can pull tthehr trigger, so I don't really seem the need for the extra pusher hardware. Barrels don't really have any effect on their performance, but motors and batteries do.
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?
Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:39 AM
1) Rival - I've a feeling you could save money on this and have something similar sooner by making a Zeus full auto and carrying out a mag and feed mod such as the HIRicane.
2) Rapid Strike (RS) - I currently use a Rapidpistol on 3 IMRs as a secondary, hanging on the center of my rig, which can be grabbed easily with my non-primary left hand. I love it to bits! Cut of the stock (or leave it if you just want a shorter primary) and lop off the front, leaving a little space for a 2x2 battery holder where the original tray was (or a small LiPo) and you've got something which is pistol sized and superb for clearing corridors!
2) Longshot - I think Drac has a video of an RS mechanism in a Longshot shell. Honestly, it's a little tricky to get the RS internals set up right outside of its own shell. Not impossibly, but it's not a quick job. I prefer putting large springs in Longshots for range, but even then, it doesn't suit the style of play encountered this side of the pond.
3) Stampede - No experience due to lack of the right size tubes in this part of the world!
4) Retaliator - As longshot, but the retal can be made into a decent blaster with a spring upgrade and pump grip. One of my colleagues from Grim Up Nerf uses a pump-grip retal and swears by it. I believe it to be more reliable than my 5kg Alpha Trooper Elite. Retals can be easily modified to slam-fire, but if you want a full auto that size, I think chopping up an RS is your best option.
All of the above assuming full length darts. We don't use shorter darts much over here! Hope that was helpful.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users