Grumschnitz's Content

There have been 40 items by Grumschnitz (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#77889 Stefan Break-through

Posted by Grumschnitz on 28 March 2006 - 03:46 AM in Modifications

I made these ages ago, they go quite well in a Blast Bazooka with the the restrictor cut out but without a new barrel. They don't last very long due to being hollow and made of shitty foam.

#67357 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by Grumschnitz on 09 November 2005 - 03:28 AM in Homemades

You could put a clip in the handle, you'd just have to move it forward and use the same mechanism that bolt used in the FAR. Also, has anyone ever considered using a drum magazine like those found on tommy-guns and WWI-era bomber turrets?
I know it's just a belt inside a case but still, that'd be a lot more space-efficient than a vertical clip.

#59991 Powerclip Question?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 July 2005 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Ompa, that is indeed the bit I was referring to, although mine is green for some reson.

#59949 Powerclip Question?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 July 2005 - 06:53 AM in Modifications

I am referring to a valve that stops you over-filling the bladder, I have my Powerclip right here in front of me so dont tell me it doesn't have one.

#59930 Broken Airtech 4000-possible Mods?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 July 2005 - 11:47 PM in Modifications

If you want to repair cracks etc in the airtank pump it up and put it under water. Wherever bubbles appear you need to put epoxy or plumbers goop.
Barrel rotation could be a simple build-up of crud from sitting in your basement, open the damn thing up and fiddle around.

#59929 Powerclip Question?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 July 2005 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

The release valve is the black thing sepperated from the bladder by a green plug that serves as a power guage for the PC.

#59860 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 July 2005 - 04:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Dennis Leary: Life's Gonna Suck When You Grow up

For some reason that song fits a nerf video. In my head anyway.

#59727 Air Travel And Nerf

Posted by Grumschnitz on 20 July 2005 - 05:09 AM in General Nerf

You could always take your gun apart and tape all the non-metal bits to your body. Leaving just the spring in your carry-on luggage.
Although imagine trying to explain to airport security why on earth you wanted to smuggle a toy gun onto the plane...

#59726 Lbb (bow) Vs. Bow N' Arrow

Posted by Grumschnitz on 20 July 2005 - 05:06 AM in General Nerf

I second VACC. Neither are practical in a war, only possible use would be for spring harvesting.

#57027 Armageddon Music?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 09 June 2005 - 04:22 AM in Off Topic

Does anyone know where I can get the second track from the armageddon 2003 video, the one that sounds like the old tetris music?

#55925 Relationship Help

Posted by Grumschnitz on 29 May 2005 - 01:27 AM in Off Topic

Grow a pair and move on.

#54714 Petals Around The Rose

Posted by Grumschnitz on 12 May 2005 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

It says your not supposed to tell anyone if you work it out, nontheless heres a hint:
plot the values on a graph (Total on x axis, result on y axis) and pick up a Mathematical Methods textbook, who'da thought school could actually be useful for something?

#52473 Stupid Gun Design

Posted by Grumschnitz on 14 April 2005 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

hmmm, I only meant that being safety-concious is okay up to a point. Making a gun that fires 4ft is just pointless.
What was wrong with the autogrip if I may ask?

#52443 Stupid Gun Design

Posted by Grumschnitz on 13 April 2005 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Hey all,
Why do they make guns stupidly? I mean in such a way that their range or power is ridiculously restricted and they have no chance of making the ranges advertised on the box?
Case in point: the First Shot. This gun doesn't actually have a barrel, instead it has a hollow peg that you fit the darts over. Nothing wrong with that really, till you look at the end of the peg. It has a great big "T"-shaped orange air restrictor, this makes the gun pretty much unusable since almost no air ends up getting through, which is a real shame given how nice the internals are.
But restriction is fair enough, we dont want kids shooting their eyes out, what's stupid is the restrictor damages the darts. Yep, tears chunks of foam out of them with its badly-designed T-ishness. This just strikes me as dumb, why on earth would you sell a product that not only vastly under-performs the printing on the damn box because you crippled it, but will actually render itself unusable over time?

If anyone has another example of stupid gun design please post it up.

#48802 Tek Ten Single Barrel Mod

Posted by Grumschnitz on 05 March 2005 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

a switch-shot, which leaks and has a bent pump handle. I got it for a dollar at a swap-meet.
You actually managed to fit 10 barrels on the turret? What diameter FBR do you use for stefans? Also how did you go about improving the seal?

#48779 Tek Ten Single Barrel Mod

Posted by Grumschnitz on 05 March 2005 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

Why mod a turret gun to a single barrel you may ask? Because my 2-gun arsenal sucks and I wanted to that's why.

Okay let's get started, sorry about the lack of pictures, if I find my damn digital camera I'll add them in later.

First open the gun up, making sure you get the screw under the cocking handle. What you should see is the internals of a basic spring gun: A plunger with a spring on it going into a tube that almost touches the back of the turret. There's also a large piece of plastic that rotates the turret when you cock, if you want to you can take this out however I think it plays a small role in keeping the pluner tube where it's meant to be. Either way leaving it in can't do any harm. The gun is cocked when you pull back the grey thing on top because a bit of metal on it goes through the plunger shaft.

Now undo the screw holding the plunger tube in place, get a dremel/knife/flamethrower and get rid of both the screw hole on the nozzle and the tab that steadies the tube.
You'll notice the nozzle has a white rubber insert, this is to direct airflow better into the tiny barrels of the turret. I read a mod writeup where someone drilled this out, that's stupid. Just poke a kebab skewer up the back of the tube and you can pop it out and save for later in case you want to change the gun back.

Now you're ready for a new barrel. Epoxy/hot glue/tape a barrel of your choice to the plunger tube. Doesn't really matter how you do it so long as the nozzle ends up inside the barrel.

THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT!
You now have to dremel away enough of the shell to allow your new barrel to poke out the front of the gun, try to take away no more than you have to. I didn't have a dremel so I resorted to a fretsaw and some wire cutters, took forever and made a damn big mess.

If you feel inclined to do a spring stretch then unscrew the plunger and do so. Then put everything back together (minus the turret which you should've removed by now.) Hot glue as needed and you should have a fairly reliable gun that shoots stefans. The ranges aren't great 35-40' but since I play mainly indoors this isn't too big a problem. The things are dirt cheap so if you screw it up you can always start over with a new one.

#48542 Titan Envy?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 03 March 2005 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

best

Damn, I really should have caught that.
Best is the wrong word, "rather good" might be a better term. Anyway, after reading some of the replies I've come to agree with the anti-titans, anything that can cause real harm to a fellow nerfer shouldn't be allowed in, bleeding and blindness just aren't fun.

#48470 Titan Envy?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 02 March 2005 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

Good points all, short range battles are more fun. For some reason I doubted anyone could have a reason for hating tians as simple as the game being more fun without them. That'll teach me to have more faith in humanity.

Talio, I don't have a crossbow. I've been basing that range estimate off various mod articles under the assumption that people actualy measured their ranges (like I do).
I have no particular stnce towards either titans or x-bows since I own neither, I was merely curious at the apparent double standards expressed here and on NHQ.

#48461 Titan Envy?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 02 March 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

And lo! in the forgotten days of yore the elite players had that legendary weapon, the crossbow. And for a time it was good. Then the titan came along and people got the irits.
Okay, this is what's eating me: For ages the best (and most hard to find) gun has been the crossbow, everyone has accepted this, it is fact. The crossbow had a significantly larger range than its nearest competitors, thus making long range battle with an x-bow wielder an exercise in futility.
Then they made the titan.
The gun that, when modded, can fire stefans almost TWICE the distance the most heavily modded x-bow can. And instead of the cries of joy I had expected, for finally a stupidly long-range gun is available to those not willing to pay extorbatent prices on ebay, I see a bunch of whining. A whole bunch of crap along the lines of "wow that rocks, but I'm not letting it in my war because it's too powerful."
Bollocks.
This is finally a gun that can give the x-bow a run for its money in terms of sheer distance and instead of running out and buying one to teach that snotty bastard down the road a lesson in pain, everyone is just whining about it.

Thoughts? opinions? Noodles?

#48436 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Grumschnitz on 02 March 2005 - 12:25 AM in General Nerf

16, 17 in august. Too damn lazy to get my license.

#48264 The Posidden Mk 1

Posted by Grumschnitz on 28 February 2005 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

mmmm, niceness, personally I'd ditch the pocket blasters and add the guts of another nightfinder in their place. All that pumping has gotta get tedious after a while.

#48263 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Grumschnitz on 28 February 2005 - 03:22 PM in Off Topic

"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

Gladiator! Almost forgot about this one, if you've seen it before then skip through the dialogue. Love the score.

#48234 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 28 February 2005 - 03:52 AM in General Nerf

ah, g'day tidge. You're right it was indeed the airzone tek ten by buzzbee toys. I found it at chaddy tait.
The problem with doing a multibarrel mod for this thing is that the barrel material I like to use (25mm electrical PVC which fits my stefans perfectly) is way too wide to fit ten pieces of it on the barrel assembly. And using fewer barrels would make firing the damn thing fidly to say the least.
I'm going to test fire it with stefans using a partially attached PVC barrel to see how it goes, after that I'll decide what to do with it.

#48186 Modded Tech Target

Posted by Grumschnitz on 27 February 2005 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

Truely beautiful. It occurs to me that if you really wanted to you could just keep attaching more and more secret target blasters all over a gun, giving you upwards of 6 spare shots. If you could do that without the gun looking aweful I'd be impressed.

#48184 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 27 February 2005 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

*ARSENAL UPDATE*
Tait, I found these nerf knockoffs in TRU on saturday. They come two in a box with 20 micros(?) for around 25 bucks. They're spring powered (woot) but the ranges with the stock darts are nothing to right home about. They have ten barrels which rotate when you cock the gun.
The reason for the lacklustre ranges is most likely because of the poor seal between plunger tube and barrel, I opened mine up and there's a small gap (although it looks better than the way people seem to be describing the maverick).
After staring at it for a while I see an easy way to mod it to fire stefans, but only in a single shot mode because of the gap 'twixt chamber and barrel.
If I decide to mod it then I'll do a full write-up for my fellow aussie nerfers to take advantage of.

#48139 Modded Sm750

Posted by Grumschnitz on 26 February 2005 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Hey, no hard feelings!

None whatsoever, sorry to come across as a tape-elitist ^_^

#48134 Modded Sm750

Posted by Grumschnitz on 26 February 2005 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Australia actually, and I really must disagree with you. Gaffer tape is better, although is you stick it to itself you're screwed.
Actually, duct tape may be better for nerf guns if you plan to pull them apart frequently (damn switch-shot *glares*) since gaffer leaves nasty gluey residue behind and doesn't like to come off.
Anyhoo, before asserting duct tape's superiority go buy a roll of gaffer and try it out.

#48131 Modded Sm750

Posted by Grumschnitz on 26 February 2005 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Gaffer tape is the far superior cousin of ducttape. Unlike ducttape which peels off at the drop of a hat, gaffer tape is made to STAY WHERE I PUT YOU DAMMNIT!
*collapses into spasms of ducttape-induced rage*

#47995 Flash Concept - Lcd Manager

Posted by Grumschnitz on 25 February 2005 - 02:25 AM in Homemades

Ambitious to say the least. The concept is thouroughly awesome, however I really must query its actual usefullness in a real nerfing situation. Perhaps someone with a tad more experience than me could venture an opinion?

#47908 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Grumschnitz on 24 February 2005 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Tait has a point, australian films do have a fine tradition of sucking copious amounts of ass (Hard word *shudder*) In fact the only half-decent one I've seen is He died with a Felafel in his hand It's funnier if you've read the book, also has one of the coolest opening themes ever.

For war films I recommend the always classic Saving Private Ryan and Blackhawk down, a touching tale of a stupendous american military fuckup.

Don't listen to the people bagging Van Helsing, buy it and just skip virtually all the dialogue and every scene involving dracula's wives in a capacity other than getting killed. Also the friar is just hilarious.

Kill Bill? sure why not.

As to episode three, it will suck. Episode one was pointless, there was no tension at any point in the film which made it a boring suck-fest. Episode two features the most obvious and poorly done blatant-personality-engineering ™ ever done, (see, anakin is now all angry and stuff...yeah.) and so I hold out little hope for any redemption of the series in the third one. The first films will always be better (provided you didn't buy the latest boxed set, sucker)

If you're into anime then ninja scroll is fairly good, Ghost in the shell was a little artsy for me. I'd also recommend checking out the stupidly titled Appleseed which I have yet to get a hold of. Anyone else seen it?

hmmm, classics. Well, I liked Mr smith goes to washington, but that's probably just me.

#47844 Lmao @ Ebay

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 February 2005 - 02:47 PM in Off Topic

It's funny because he's cheating at ebay approval ratings, which nobody is dumb enough to fall for anyway.

#47814 Stefans And Pegs Question.

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 February 2005 - 12:47 AM in Homemades

As far as I can deduce the sole purpose of those pegs is to PREVENT you from using various kinds of homemade ammo. Yank it out.

#47813 Full Auto Nerf Guns

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 February 2005 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

Ebay? Try getting a powerclip. The advantage of a full auto weapon is how many shots you can spray the area with, if you buy two you can mod one to have interchangable magazines.

Note: My mistake, was thinking of automag from unreal.

#47812 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 23 February 2005 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

arsenal? dunno if you could call it that...
I have one switchshot (regular, not max) with a new barrel made from 25mm orange PVC and the pressure release valve plugged with hot glue. On reflection I could have turned the water system into a second barrel instead of ripping it out...oh well.
I also have a bunch of stefans I made from FBR (I strongly recommend clark rubber for getting this stuff). that's all really, been interested in Nerf for years but only recently managed to get hold of a gun. What have you got?

MSN? what need have we for these primative means of communication when we can annoy the whole board with our prattlings? (Read: I'll add you when i get a moment.)

#47766 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 February 2005 - 03:10 PM in General Nerf

How rude of me, I'm Chris Noone (pronounced as in midday, I've heard all the jokes already) can't say I know those two since I'm in 11.
Knox, awwwwww. But that's so damn far away! Think I'll try chadstone this weekend and if nothing come up I'll go to knox.
Thanks a bunch!

#47758 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 February 2005 - 04:41 AM in General Nerf

nope, can't say I know them. what year are they in?

#47755 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 22 February 2005 - 01:21 AM in General Nerf

moi? I attend St. Kevins, overpriced lumbering elephant of a thing that it is.

#47723 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 21 February 2005 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

hehe, yeah we are close. I'm in year 11, doing IT right now but reading forums instead of doing work. I noticed kmart had some silly x-stream thing that fires balls, but no actual nerf.
Where do you go if you're looking for guns?

#47720 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 21 February 2005 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

My apologies for asking a stupid question, I live in Box Hill (Melbourne).
My second question still stands, anyone know why nerf doesn't seem to be in shops here anymore?

#47707 Australian Nerfers?

Posted by Grumschnitz on 21 February 2005 - 04:29 PM in General Nerf

Greetings all,
I live in australia, the anti-nerf capital of the world. For a few years now all toy gun lines have been removed from our shelves and my only gun (a switch-shot no less, peice of crap it is) took me four years of on and off searching to find and eventually turned up at a swap meet.
What's the point to this bitching you may ask? I merely wonder if there are any other aussies who share my problems, or can offer an explaination to our government's apparent anti-nerf policy.

grumschnitz.