Relationship Help

I need it... now.

26 replies to this topic

#1 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Ok, me and my exgirlfreind went out for a year, and i still think about her nearly half a year later. She lives in a different state, so i cant see her. We talk on the phone, but not often. The reason for the breakup was her dad is a lil over protective, so i cant call much. We are still good freinds, but i miss her very much. what should i do?

#2 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

Listen, she lives in another state with new people and new guys to look at. It's just better if you two remain friends. Long distence relationships never work. Specially at your age.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

Give up, spend your money on a PSP, and be happy. The PSP will last you longer than most relationships at this age.

Karma, back me up here.

~ompa

#4 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

::sighs::...He's right :w00t:
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

Ok, me and my exgirlfreind went out for a year, and i still think about her nearly half a year later.

:sigh:

How about getting a couple of Nerf guns and going out and NERFING?!

I'll assume you're about 15-17. I know of ONE person who stayed with their high school sweetheart and are still together (after over 20 years). Everyone else I know (including me) was absolutely RELIEVED that they didn't marry/ stay with their significant other in high school, save for the good memories and crushes and such.

With those kinds of odds, it's unlikely you'll keep her in your memory for much longer. At least until the next girl along gives you the hots for her.

Stay friends, but get over it. Time will heal any wounds, I guarantee you that. And unless you want Uncle Piney to continue to give sage advice, keep relationship topics safely away from NerfHaven forums (and my nosy intuitiveness).

Good luck!

-Uncle Piney-

p.s.; I second the recommendation ompa gave, get a PSP...whatever that is. :w00t:
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

The Playstation Portable- Now, I normally do not like Sony products, but I love this one. And if you're REALLY that set on women, just wait till Linux comes out for the psp, then download some stripper program. Still gonna be cheaper than a normal relationship in the long run :w00t:. For those guys who have to pay for their date to go to prom (tickets and limo, not a stripper you bastards), you'll know what I mean... ouch.

~ompa

#7 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

Well, I'm going to have to agree with ompa. He just seems right. Hope something works out for you though.
p.s. ompa, do you have linux for your computer? Because I do and it's so much better than windows.
Been a while.
#bro

#8 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

Dude, it's over. You ain't getting her back.

Keep this stuff off NerfHaven, and clean up your posts. If you want people to give you anything more than tough love, post this at NHQ; maybe they will be a little kinder (no promises).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#9 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

Dude, it's over.  You ain't getting her back.

Keep this stuff off NerfHaven, and clean up your posts.  If you want people to give you anything more than tough love, post this at NHQ; maybe they will be a little kinder (no promises).

You know NHQ is centered around nerf too. It's not like we try to draw in non-nerf related topics.

Edited by Suave, 29 May 2005 - 12:43 AM.

#10 Grumschnitz

Grumschnitz

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:27 AM

Grow a pair and move on.
Deus ex Anthropos

#11 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

Long distence relationships never work.

That's just not true.

#12 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:55 PM

Let me get this straight. Long distence TEEN relationships never work. They barrely work out in person let alone 500 miles away.

#13 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:35 PM

If you're still young (i.e. teenager), don't worry. First if it's mean to be, you can get back together when you both get a bit older (i.e. 18 and leagally adults) daddy won't be able to say she can't date you.

Second thing, gettting over an is harder to do the longer you go out. A good rule of thumb is one half the time you were going out, longer if you were forced to break up. Yeah it sucks but love ain't easy.

Third thing, nothing mends a lonsome/broken heart like a new love. Go find a new gal. If you still are in love with your ex, see my first point, no one said you can't date in the mean time. Besides you might learn more about yourself and what you want in a significant other.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#14 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

Give up, spend your money on a PSP, and be happy. The PSP will last you longer than most relationships at this age.

Karma, back me up here.

~ompa

Posted Image
by Tim Buckly
Ctrl+alt+del

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

That was like reading poetry.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#16 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:27 PM

Thats hilarious :D

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

Langley, that just made my week. That comic is going straight up to my locker.

~ompa

#18 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

That made me smile..I needed that...Thank you Langely! :D

#19 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

Keep this stuff off NerfHaven, and clean up your posts.

Nothing against you Shindig, but are you seriously going to get on someones ass because of what, 3 non-capitalized i's?

#20 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

Nothing against you Shindig, but are you seriously going to get on someones ass because of what, 3 non-capitalized i's?

Bad enough. Deal with it.

#21 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

The simple answer is yes. The real answer is that there were more mistakes to the post than that. It was more of a combination of things than any one violation.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#22 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

OK, OK, Fine, I don't really care how and what people post, but apparently most people do. I'll STFU now.

#23 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

I'll STFU now.

Let that be your mantra, RAMBO.

Good day.

AA
Indiana '11

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yes master, just added it to my sig. <_<

#25 Love

Love

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:58 AM

Long distence relationships never work.

Actually, I have a friend who is getting married, today in fact, to a girl he met in africa a couple of years ago. He lives in Georgia, she lived in pennsylvania(SP?) 'till like two weeks ago. They really fell for each other in Africa and they just kept it going. Now they getting married, in like an hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users