The Fred's Content

There have been 50 items by The Fred (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8815 Gnomefest2

Posted by The Fred on 27 August 2003 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, the food is excellent around here and I am willing to inform and or take anyone who wants to partake in it to a delicious local eatery. Even the sushi is good around here.

The Fred

#7524 Gnomefest2

Posted by The Fred on 30 July 2003 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

This may sound counter-intuitive because I'm moving into Rutgers on Thurs. the 28th, but my schedule makes me vote for early September instead. I can come down from school on the weekend, I wouldn't mind.

The Fred

#7399 Hey, Lawn Gnome Liberation Front

Posted by The Fred on 27 July 2003 - 01:52 PM in Nerf Wars

As thoughts of "The Godfather" dance through my head... ::getting out my digicam, kerosene, and some outdoor lounge furniture from my shed::

The Fred

#4396 May 18th. Down To The Wire...

Posted by The Fred on 08 May 2003 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Words cannot express how much I am looking forward to seeing a gun named after Hans Blix.

The culturally adept... The Fred

#1652 Nj May War:

Posted by The Fred on 20 February 2003 - 02:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Mantis,

I hope he can, too. Strange, I go to college with the guy and I haven't seen him once since September. I hope he is still alive...

Fred

#1612 Nj May War:

Posted by The Fred on 19 February 2003 - 05:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys,

I know we're trying to stay on topic here, and I do have important stuff to talk about regarding the May war, but I have a brief digression here. Langley, myself, and the rest of the LGLF just want to apologize for anything that may have been posted here that would suggest that we're not fully serious about making the war a totally badass experience. I know that a certain member of our group decided to troll the old thread; I read the post and we're going to talk to him about this. Anyone who's been on a forum for a period of time knows how annoying trolling can be. All of us, regardless of what clan we're in, have made a pretty awesome effort to try to make this work, and we're gonna continue doing that up to May 18.

Okay, in Middletown, if we're gonna have more than 20 people, we're going to need a permit. I know a few cops in town, so there's no danger of us spending a night in the drunk tank or anything (not like I've ever been there or anything), but still to be lawful and everything, I was wondering if all clans participating could send me a note on the thread or drop myself or Langley (preferably both) an Email and let us know how many are coming. I figure there will be more than 20, but if we have an rough estimate as to how many (I know people are gonna add on and drop out and stuff before May) it'll make things easier when I get the permit next month.

Let me know.

The Fred

P.S. To respond to that post I read on the other thread, we're gonna try to make el Pompo come to the war, even if we have to bind and gag him a-la-Hannibal Lechter.

#1383 Nj Spring War:

Posted by The Fred on 14 February 2003 - 01:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Evil,

Yeah, May 18th in Middletown sounds great. During my spring break (March 15-22), we'll get a permit settled (I don't know how many people are coming yet, but the fee is pretty small so it's no big deal to get it just in case) and we're open to input from you or anyone else as to specific details (specific wars, setups, etc). Anyone who wants to can reach me at Fredgnj@aol.com and I'll get back to you.

The Fred

#1287 Condition Orange

Posted by The Fred on 11 February 2003 - 04:12 PM in Off Topic

Wow, in 1991, someone thought enough to fictionally detonate a nuclear bomb in Baltimore. If that had happened, would the NY Giants have won Super Bowl XXXV? The possibilities are endless.

The Fred

#970 Nj Spring War:

Posted by The Fred on 28 January 2003 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Evil,

No problems here, except for the very slight possiblity that I would have a weekend final exam the exact day of the war. I wonder if my professor would buy Nerf as an excuse for a conflict exam...?

The Fred

#954 Nj Spring War:

Posted by The Fred on 27 January 2003 - 11:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, this is Fred from the LGLF (I'm a computer science major with a minor in mathematics, by the way). I'm all for holding this war in Middletown, considering that most of the LCM now possess drivers' licenses of some kind, and I'm willing to bust my ass to get this done (even if I am typing this in Piscataway right now). I just want to let you all know that if we do have the war in my town, it's going to be handled with the same responsibility that Apoc, Reckoning (wasn't there, but I'll assume it was done well cause Evil Angel was on it), and other wars were. Middletown Tindall Park has a large expanse of woods, a challenge-type course, and if a friend of mine is working the mini-golf course on that particular day, I think that might be an option for a cool twist on things. There is a McDonald's, a Pizza Hut, and two pretty good local pizza places within walking distance, and if you want to drive a few miles, I'd say there are at least 20 good places to eat.

I also agree that, in some situations, less is more. I don't believe that this war is the best opportunity for the LGLF to bring in at least 5, possibly as many as 8, new people who have never warred before. It's no insult to them, I just think that Langley, myself, and other people who have done this before should take a look at them first before throwing them into the "fire." Langley has agreed with me on this principle before, and I'm sure that we won't be playing a huge role in a potential clusterfuck.

Anyway, this is a cool new board and I'm looking forward to seeing my people in the LCM again, I'm sorry I missed all you guys @ Reckoning.

The Fred