cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#267704 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2010 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

I was sitting around one night when I just happened to look at a Tek 6 turret that was laying next to a Big Blast, when I noticed the Tek 6 turret is the same size as the opening in the front of the Big Blast. Right away I knew what had to be done, that turret needed to go into that Big Blast.

Materials:
Buzz Bee Big Blast
Tek 6 Turret (I suggest one that does NOT have cross style posts)
6ish feet of cpvc (much, much less if you use another barrel material)
4ish inches of 1/2" pvc
1 cpvc coupler
1 cpvc street elbow
1 pvc coupler (or whatever you use to couple a Big Blast)
Glue of some sort
Dremel

First start with your turret. I highly suggest NOT using one with cross style posts. These turrets are one solid peice with the posts glued from the back.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove the screw from the front and take out the star shaped peice, this will be important so dont lose it. Now remove the posts with your desired method. I twisted off the posts and then hammered out the rest with a metal rod I had lying around. You have now created your perfect rear loading holes in the back of the turret. You will also notice that the rotation mech is attatched to the barrels. This is why you dont want to use this turret if you can avoid it. Huge pain in the ass.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Time to bust out the dremel. Basically cut off everything, try and save as much of the slots that the rotation mech slides in as you can. I noticed these too late, and as such mine are a bit short, well the perfect length, but i wish they were just a bit longer. To remove the rotation mech just cut around the hole the screw goes in and it should fall right out. In the end you should have this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The second star shaped piece has been stolen from another Tek 6. It's more or less a cosmetic peice on this style of turret so it will not be missed on a stock blaster. Enlarge the hole so that the screw can fit through it.
Posted Image

Cut a length of cpvc, the length depends on your screwdriver. Cut it as long as the shaft on your screwdriver.
Posted Image

Sand down the ends so that your star shaped peices can fit on. Glue them in place, you now have a good length barrel spacer.
Posted Image

Picture limit

#267496 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by cheyner on 01 March 2010 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

The 65-B, 6 barrel buzz bee big blast.
Turret, not shotgun.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rear loading and write-up tonight.

#267439 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 01 March 2010 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

The end result of the turret butchering.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#266600 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by cheyner on 23 February 2010 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

You should add a little speaker thats plays a certain awesome sound bite when it deploys, or "transforms" if you will.

#266482 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2010 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

The turret is for a 4B, I'm going to post pics when its done.

#266471 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2010 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I noticed those tabs, right after I cut throught them last night. Thankfully it's not gong back in the tek 6
so I dont have to be too picky about the rotation. At least its rear loading now, which is honestly the only reason I'm still working on it.

#266367 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Yeah I'm in the process of cutting all the barrels off, then im just going to attatch the rotation mech to the insides of the new barrels and hope for the best. Thanks for the offer but if this doesnt work I'm going to change to a Tek 10 turret which is the traditional tek turret (round posts, not cross posts).

#266364 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Well I'm glad one person paid attention to the post. The turret itself is one piece and the pegs are glued in from the back. So unless boiling water magically makes the barrels expand enough to fit cpvc, I am forced to thank Airsoftguy777 for confirming my fears.

#266344 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

Ok, so my current project kinda relies on a Tek 6 turret. I am in the process of re-barreling it but I ran into some what of a problem:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The turret itself is one peice and the pegs are glued in from the back. The rotation mech is attached right to the barrels and all I have to work with is cpvc which doesnt even come close to fitting.
Has anybody encountered and overcome this problem yet?

Edit: For future refrence, I was wondering if anyone had used cpvc to re-barrel one of these turrets before. I should have been clearer with my question. The answer to the question is to hack the shit out of the turret and hope for the best reassembling the thing.

#265874 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by cheyner on 18 February 2010 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

This is cool but how does the blaster that come with it work. Just to confirm.

I've seen these before, and if I'm not mistaken the handle is hollow foam, and you squeeze your hand to shot it.

My bad, skimmed the confirm part.

#265827 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by cheyner on 18 February 2010 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

..and it comes with some sort of little gun thing which looks like it might make a nice handle.

I've seen these before, and if I'm not mistaken the handle is hollow foam, and you squeeze your hand to shot it. It was $5 where I saw it, so needless to say I did not buy one to confirm my theory on the firing.

#265104 Needs Advice For A Crazy Plan.

Posted by cheyner on 11 February 2010 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

If you dont mind some things sticking out, then stick a Raider in there. Just imagine chasing somebody with a vaccume handle with a drum mag sticking out of it.

#263434 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by cheyner on 27 January 2010 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Sharpshooter II with drilled out 1/2 cpvc barrels and 2 replacement springs. No ranges but the bottom barrel has some kick to it. Top barrel, not so much.

Posted Image

P.S. What's with the giant fucking photo's?

#262833 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by cheyner on 23 January 2010 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

I request pictures before anything is done with the scope. Have you opened up the rest of the gun? If the scope is full of them I dont want to know what the inside of the gun looks like, wait yes i do.
Pictures my friend, pictures.
Also, added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

Dude thats mean, thats not something that you sigg. you don't have to be dirty people to get roaches fleas, or bed bugs, he could live in an appartment buiding or something. When I was growing up we lived in the hood, and even though my mother was a clean fanatic we still had problems with roaches because of the neighbors weren't as good a house keepers. If a building has them then anybody in the building can get them. Also roaches can get into the smallest places.

Deffinantly nothing mean said there. If anything you have implied that this is a dirty situation. I just wanted to see pictures for pure entertainment. Also it has been "added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole" because for only being one problem, it is a pretty rare and humourus one.

#262781 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by cheyner on 23 January 2010 - 12:59 AM in General Nerf

I request pictures before anything is done with the scope. Have you opened up the rest of the gun? If the scope is full of them I dont want to know what the inside of the gun looks like, wait yes i do.
Pictures my friend, pictures.
Also, added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.