RedShot's Content

There have been 239 items by RedShot (Search limited from 15-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#294349 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Honestly, it's up to the "people". I'm just saying that if we've got 15 guys that want to nerf that day in Jersey we're gonna go with it.

Alright sounds good :]

#294340 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

In light of Grid Code being an almost certain failure, I'm gonna start a thread for March Meltdown next week. If most people can make it the 19th I'm going to be stepping on your date. No hard feelings.

Alright I respect your decition. I mean the whole point is for people to have fun so wether they have fun at your war or at mine, I guess it doesnt matter. So yeah if possible do it another date but if not then go for it and have fun! Ill meet you some other time then.

#294338 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Not really. I'm not playing outside if it's cold or snowy. At this point I've been waiting over a month for confirmation of the date. I think we can safely assume this isn't happening. If you guys want to host something go for it, but I think we're just going to do March Meltdown. Redshot, depending on the circumstances we may end up stepping on the date of your war.

Oh ok. I hope this can work but if not then whatever. Is your march meltdown the same date (19th)?

#294331 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Thats alright, hope that maby you can make it to another one or somthing.

#294330 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Why don't you check their website?

Anyway guys, this isn't looking good. I've called them multiple times and they won't confirm the date. They keep saying they're going to check the schedule and let me know, but it never happens. I'll call them again this week, but it's starting to get fucking ridiculous.

Do we have any other 'arena's' or places to play? If they cant confirm the date will it get moved or will there be a backup plan?

#294284 Converting Super-soakers To Nerf Question.

Posted by RedShot on 09 February 2011 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

@ Talio, Who said I was gonna do that? Why do you think I want to hurt the people I play with? You don't even know me. And I don't really go to nerf wars, because there are none where I live.

@ Buffdaddy, I know that the Shotblast work with a AT2K-like tank. And the water blasters I tried modifying failed because the air is released to slow, which, as far as I know, isn't good.

The shotblast is as easy as putting a coupler on it. that is pretty much all you have to do and if you want to then make a trigger out of a hanger or even more fancy use polycarb or somthing.

Easy and you can convert water blasters. Why dont you buy one and give it a try? Then give is a wright up so we can all enjoy it :]

#294169 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 08 February 2011 - 07:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok so at this point I would say that any dart can go but its about how you use it. We will be fine if people dont sneak up to each other and shoot them in the head from like 5 feet away. Just be careful and we should be fine. I am willing to get 'hurt' from a dart. Just deal with it even if it does sting for a little.

I will probably have both kind of darts considering at the grid code we are required to have slugs and I want to use some dome darts here so I will be playing with both and also I will play with stock/modded stock darts with my clip guns so feel free to do that too.

Thanks

#294130 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 07 February 2011 - 10:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah that is what I am probably going to do also. I will put a bb in the back of the washer so yeah double washer is ok or bb in back of washer.

#293994 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 06 February 2011 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright union131 will do.

Also guys, I am working of 4 v shaped mobstikals or whatever they are called and they will be about 4 1/2 feet tall by about 8 feet wide and there is 4 of them. I just have to get the money and buy the stuff.

Also for the dart situation I think we will make it anything goes for this war but the next war we will have a decition as to what dart type if we need to.

One last thing. If you were thinking of coming but you were not sure, just come anyway because we are going to have a bunch of people and its fun with a nice size group. If your are unsure you want to come because you dont have a 'good' primary or dont have any darts or somthing, just show up or send me a pm because I know alot of people have extra guns and I have alot of stock darts so dont worry about it just send a PM or email.

Trust me, you will have fun!!!

#293697 Post New York Wars Here Plz

Posted by RedShot on 01 February 2011 - 05:37 PM in Nerf Wars

People of nerfhaven, please post your New York nerf wars here. I have been looking for a NY war for a long time. post them here, say Date(including time), rules, wht we should bring and where in NY.

There is a very nice, organized thread dedicated to show the people of nerfhaven when and where nerf wars so you can refer to it here Click here!

Your welcome :] Next time you can find a thread with minimal effort.

#293518 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 28 January 2011 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I know, I was just justifying my own use of dome darts. I swear to god I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. :)

On topic (ish): Gabe and I are going to try our damndest not to get too drunk to wake up early enough to make it there on time this time and actually get a little sleep the night before. Can't wait to see you guys again.

So what's the rundown on this Shady Maple property? I've got pretty high standards for buffet food.

Well.... Shady Maple is only THE BEST BUFFET EVER (well that ive gone too). The only thing is that it is probably about 5 hours from you guys but about 45 or so mins from me so like I said I will try to see if I can get there and maby meet some people there.

#293471 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 27 January 2011 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

The reason we use slugs was explained like...two years ago. Plusbows shooting domed darts to the face from 15 feet away will probably change your opinion.

THIS IS AN UPDATE POST PLEASE READ ALL OF IT, THANK YOU.

I do know completely what you mean and I agree that it is going to hurt.

I am really still debating wether or not we leave this a testing war for darts. At this point I have it as slugs are optimal but I was leaning towards anything aloud (except douch darts with spikes and needles) so that if the single/double/slingshot weights are to heavy and hurt to much we can limit it for the next war.

Also on the cool side, it looks as if we are going to have a pretty decent turnout if the confirmed come and even half the maybes and there are the occational ones that just show up.

Like I said, try to show up (if possible) at around 9:45 ...AM... so that we can go over the few rules and start rolling at around 10-10:15. Once about 6 or more people show up we will probably start the first round.

#293425 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 27 January 2011 - 06:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd say there's a decent chance that Gabe and I can make it. No promises that we'll have slugs though. Dom has all the clan's slug materials and I'm not gonna put in an order for any more. But if a twelve year old kid could take hits from slingshot darts shot from my 1500 with a 3k tank in it all day at Redshot's last war then I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it. Seriously, why is everyone using really high preforming blasters with under preforming darts?

Yeah you do have a good point! I think this war will be the testing war. If we do not think that dome stefans are that big of a deal then I would allow them for the next war because I like farther range :]

#293234 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 22 January 2011 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright Ill edit the main post for people then :]

#293185 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 21 January 2011 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

March[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20743&st=0]19th [PA] TEPAW 1[/url]

I believe I have it in the right format right?

#293184 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 21 January 2011 - 08:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright will do! So the official dated is the 19th.

#293094 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 18 January 2011 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Definately come out and that means everybody! If you are worried that you dont have a good enough gun still come because I have about 4 backup/loaner primaries and I know other people have other guns to give out too! Same deal with darts, if ya dont think you can come because of darts just come anyway there are enough to spare :]

#293080 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 18 January 2011 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, Look forward to your attendance and I will put you as a maybe.

#293015 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 17 January 2011 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright I hope you can come because I would like to get a sizable number here!

Well there is no official end time but ususally people are leaving by about 5 - 6 pm but I can play as late as people are still there! So anytime you have to leave but if I had a 'magic' number it would probably be 5

#292963 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 16 January 2011 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow sorry for updating the main post wrong! I ment to put 19th not the 12th so yeah it is the 19TH!

#292931 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 16 January 2011 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so update on possible date for the war. I know that it has no votes in the poll but I havent seen anybody that cant make it on the 19th so I think that will be the best date. It gives enough time after grid war and I think it is enough time for some of the earlie April games. So that is what I am going to do. At this point that is when we could possibly have the most attendies (about 14 at this point). That is if all the maybe's and confirmed people go and I know that some wont make it and there will still be others that will come so yeah plan on the 19th at this point.

Sorry for all the date changes so I think this will be the final date (I hope).

#292855 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 15 January 2011 - 09:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Shady maple is da BOMB!

Also if you guys are good with it, Gears made refrence to putting the date at the 12th because he said it is two weeks after grid code and two weeks before the HvZ game in Penn State.

So if you guys want to move it back to the origional date of the 12th maby we can because I saw a couple that cant come to one date and some that cant come to another and others said they can come whenever so just give me some feedback about it.

Please refer to my next post concerning the update about the date!

Thanks! :] Look forward to seeing a bunch of you there!

#292849 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I was considering coming, but if Gears is co-hosting, this is some sort of LGLF war.

Is that a problem? Why dont ya come down anyway :]

#292838 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 10:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright so gears has confirmed his attendance and we will try to work out more details as they come.

#292790 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 07:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok I added a poll so we can try to pick a date that the most people can go. Please dont vote if you are not going or do not plan on going. Thanks!

#292763 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 13 January 2011 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Yay 200th post and with that I would like to present to you TEPAW!!!

Hey spring is coming up and its time to war again! I invite you all to come out to TEPAW! I hope to make a major war every 1 and 1/2 to 2 months and more local wars (but anybody/everybody is still invited) bi-monthly.

If you dont have a NH account then contact me via email: buppy3030@yahoo.com

When and where?
- The date is MARCH 19TH
- Time: 10:00 - 5 or 6 However long we feel like it!
- Park: Chickies Park, Mount Joy, PA
Pictures of park here. The pavilion that we will use is the one on the left or center of some of the pictures, It is strait across from the parking lot.

Details/what to bring:
- Gears said he is going to try to co-host it with me.
- Try to arrive at about 9:30-9:45 for rules and junk
- We will try to start a round at 10:00
- Lunch: Please bring a bag lunch or money and some sort of transport to a local restaurant (subway, Chinese takeout, burgerking, sonic, etc)
- Bring your guns: bring any of them you want to sell or trade and obviously your guns you are going to use. I am completely open to buying, selling, or trading.
- Also bring mele weapons and swords for mele and just playing around during breaks.
- I would suggest bringing a sweatshirt at least because it can be cold still in march.

Rules:
1. Eye protection – Bring eye protection no matter how old you are, I don’t care just bring it!
2. Respect others/guns – Please do not be a douche and horse around. Just play nice and we will be fine. Also if you are using another person’s gun or even just trying it out, you must ask first and make sure the owner knows and is ok with what you are doing.
3. Respect the park – I do not want to have to pay for a fine for vandalism or littering so do try your best to not break anything and if you do let me know right away.
4. Dart sweeps – I would like everybody to participate in dart sweeps so that we can start the rounds faster and we will pick up more darts.
5. If you are under 13 please bring a gardian or parent (they can play too if they want we have some parents that play)

Gun Bans:
- The usuall: Singled plugged titans and junk like that.
- I will have a more detailed list once I talk to gears and we work talk about it
- Darts: Slugs are prefered but if you dont have slugs then that is ok for this war we will be a little lax but we will try to enforce slugs for later wars so please keep that in mind!

Game types:
- 3:15, 4:20, 5:0
- Classes
- Medic
- Freeze tag
- Juggernauts
- Anything else we can think of to play

Ok so who is with me? Btw my email is: buppy3030@yahoo.com for those who need it!

Definates:
- RedShot (duh) +1 or 2
- Gears
- Slightlysane813
- Michael
- ClownieX +2 or 3
- Muttonchops
- indiancobra3000 + 1
- ice
- Flamingcows
- Princexbuster
- The mod man
- Seven7h Man + a few?
- Awsomestuff0001 + 1 or 2
- emokid1767
- One_long_shot

Mabys:
- Koree
- Dizzuduck
- Talio
- Lionhawk
- Shandsgator8
- Nerf_monkey
- Langley
- evilbunnyo
- bpso86
- Vortex + 1 or 2
- union131
- LTJG Rob

UPDATE: Just as a little note, I am working on mobsticals for the war and there will be more cover for the war now.

#292757 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 13 January 2011 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so what is your paypal, and how much do you want? $5?

#292278 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by RedShot on 05 January 2011 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

I would also like to help in anyway possible.

#292250 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I seem to be the mediator between people that keep sending me emails of attendance here and Shandsgator8 would also like to confirm his attendance.

#292204 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 04 January 2011 - 07:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Nerf22 would like to confirm his attendance.

I will also be bringing 1-2 people along with my dad and I (guess I better get started on making darts, I have alot to make)

#291989 Happy New Year!

Posted by RedShot on 01 January 2011 - 08:26 AM in Off Topic

Yeah guys happy new year, I hope to get my license quick so I can drive myself to nerf wars!

#291930 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 31 December 2010 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

My dad and I will try to come either date. As it draws nearer we will try to confirm.

#291802 Southern Piedmont Nc War

Posted by RedShot on 29 December 2010 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright thats fine, I was just saying. You may want to contact the host so you dont show up and nobody is there that date.

#291800 Southern Piedmont Nc War

Posted by RedShot on 29 December 2010 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey dude I hate to burst your bubble but if I am not mistaken, this war already happened.... about 6 months ago...

#291563 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by RedShot on 26 December 2010 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

I want to do somthing like this now and like its been said, I would put batteries in the back where they normally are and I am not to fond of minimization but I am sure it owns zombies!

#291484 Merry Christmas!

Posted by RedShot on 25 December 2010 - 06:00 AM in Off Topic

Merry Christmas everybody!

#290967 Nerf Gun Instructions

Posted by RedShot on 15 December 2010 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

I dont understand the point of it. To teach us the parts and how to use a nerf gun?

#290633 "nerf Nation" Shirts

Posted by RedShot on 11 December 2010 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I think I might get a raider too! And I would wear this to school, I dont care if people call me a 'douche' (or nerd or loser) this is my hobby and I love it so I am going to wear it proud!

#290619 Magstrike Holdster Thing

Posted by RedShot on 11 December 2010 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

Nice and easy strap addition! I completely agree with ImportedUniversal the magstrike is underrated! I love magstrikes and use them in every war!

#289461 Nerf Gun Feedback Thread

Posted by RedShot on 30 November 2010 - 07:03 AM in General Nerf

Name: Power Strike 48
Manufacturer: Air Zone
Overall: This gun has a 48 round inline clip style cylinder with 12 barrels. The assembly rotates upon the pulling/pushing of the grip. By pushing the grip forward it feeds darts into a set of fast moving flywheels. This gun shoots great with a fresh set of batteries (4 AA). It has no moving trigger because the moving of the grip does all the action. It can shoot fast but if 'pumped' to fast it can/could jam. Very nice gun!
Color: Currently in red with some black highlights and orange tip
Price/seller:$30 at ToysRus