RedShot's Content

There have been 239 items by RedShot (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#287272 Talio's War

Posted by RedShot on 20 October 2010 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I could possibly come to it and try it out. I want to try to get a ride or split some gas cost with some people near me if I can. Probably about any date would work but maby the first or second weekend, but any weekend may work. Like I said I will try to come but I am not quite sure yet.

#287566 Talio's War

Posted by RedShot on 26 October 2010 - 09:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah the 20th might probably work for me than so yeah put me down as a definate maby!

#287784 Talio's War

Posted by RedShot on 01 November 2010 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, the 20th is the only date I can't do. If that's what everyone wants go for it.

Wow thats kinda funny, but if you need another date then possible the week before or after I could possibly make it to either of those too. When I said the 20th I was just picking a date that others said, It wasent anything more special than another date so whatever.

#299254 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 03 June 2011 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright sounds great! Lets get all the people we can get!

Also any and all donations will help for the rental of the pavilion and the mobsicals.

Thanks guys!

#298315 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 19 May 2011 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think I'll be able to make it on July 25, seeing as that's a Monday...

June 25, however, works for me. June 18 works also. I have something planned previously on July 9 and couldn't make it that day.

Haha thanks for pointing that out, It was late when I posted and I was tired. I still need a little more insight before I post a date for sure because its almost even as to what days to do it.

#301221 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 08 July 2011 - 09:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so I visited the park today and it is swampy in the part that I would like to play.... :[ Just like last time haha, but that wont stop us!!!

We will be meeting in the upper lot in pavilion #2. Its really close to the parking lot so thats a plus!

Hope to meet all you guys out there! Its gonna be a great war!

#299316 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 04 June 2011 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes sir, absolutely please do! You guys can post your wtb/wtt/wts's here and I can update the main post if needed. :]

#300445 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 24 June 2011 - 05:58 AM in Nerf Wars

So yeah at this point it looks like we are going to have a fairly good sized war and loads of fun!

WTS:
- 4 NIB big salvos'
- 6 hornet tanks with 2 blast buttons
- I was wondering if anybody wanted to do a bulk shipment on foam. Its beige foam decently tight in cpvc and good fit in petg. For something like $25 per person, I could get you 250ft! If I could get even 4 people that are interested then I could get the foam for us all to use. I have some blanks that I can show people at the war too. I would like to order this spool before the war too if I can to sell!
- I also make duct tape wallets if you want one haha, tell me at least 2 days before the war so I can get the materials and make it. PM me if you want one!

WTB:
- big blast (specifically the lego one if you have it)
- 2k and 3k tanks
- Magstrike pumps (and or hornet pumps)

#299237 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 03 June 2011 - 06:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok first of all I want to say sorry for not updating the thread in a few days, that was because I was on the Appalachian Trail for four days and I had no access to a computer.

Ok so I saw a bunch of topics come up in the bunch of comments that I have not read since the trip and the front and foremost is the date.
1. I would like to make it July 9th. I know that is sortof far away but there is good news. I would like to do a 'mod party' on the 18th of June. It would be at my house and I will give out details of my location in a PM, (for reference, my house is in Elizabethtown, PA). I will probably make another thread and soon so be on a watch out for that.

2. The other thing is dart restrictions. As you guys probably already know, I dont really care what darts people use :] as long as there is no exposed metal. I guess I can change that if people REALLY want me to but for now that is as it stands. I think the real issue is here, its at your own risk to wear eye protection. That is what really counts!

3. Super soakers... I dont know if I can/want to put a ban on them. I think that they are subject to testing at the war. If it deems itself 'to powerful' then it would be banned, but at least for now let me know what you had it mind. Tell me guys, your feedback on this thread for what ss blasters should be banned for sure.

If there is anything else then please let me know, I am currently updating the TEPAW 3 thread right now so yeah.

Thanks everybody!

#299471 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 07 June 2011 - 11:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, so I guess I will need to make slug darts. I probably should learn at some point any ways. So I know this isn't exactly the best place to post this, but I thought maybe it would be ok. Do any of you have some tips for making the tops for slugs that isn't estreamly time consuming? I was thinking about just cutting a tinny bit of the foam from the blank and putting it back on top over the washer. Will this work?

Well for my war, I dont have a dart restriction, but many places do so it is a good thing to learn. I would suggest the felt pads from McMaster (dont have the product number off the top of my head) and #8 washers.

#298249 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by RedShot on 17 May 2011 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so after not being able to host a war in May, I would say that it is due time for another nerf war! I hope this is going to be the BIG one. School is out and the weather is warm!

So lets get started!

Date: July 9th
Time 9:45-5or6ish

Also one other thing is that to reserve the pavalian it costs $25 so what we where thinking is that we have a hot dog grill station there at the park and they would be for anybody interested (becuase we have a guy that can get them for cheap) and then any donations would be greatly appreciated. In increments of dollars that is. So like $1 or 2.

Rules:
1. Respect: Respect the grounds, the people, and fellow nerfers, period.
2. Hands off the other peoples things unless you have permission from the owner.
3. When we have dart sweeps, I would like everybody to participate.
4. If you are under 13 I would like you to have a parent or guardian present during the games.
5. BRING EYE PROTECTION!!!
6. Over all just dont be a douche and we can all have fun during the day.
7. GUN BANS: Singled titans, cobras, jobars, 5ks, still working out supersoaker details, and some other guns deemed 'to powerful' can be banned on the spot.

General items to bring:
- Your primary
- A spring pistol
- A side arm
- A backup primary just in case your primary fails (it happens to everybody)
- A bunch of darts More then 100
- Water
- Lunch or money to go out and eat (many places to eat around the park)
- A good attitude
- Maybe a friend or two

If you would like to join the SCPANerfers site, then click here: SCPANerfers

Do not be discouraged if you do not have a 'good' gun or a gun at all, there are usually many different guns that are around that you may borrow, but just ask first!

Game types:
- Classes - Medic - Freeze tag - Juggernauts - Team deathmach 3:15, 4:20, 5:0- Anything else we can think of to play

My email is: buppy3030@yahoo.com for those who need it!

Ok so who is with me?

Confirmed:
1. RedShot
2. SlightlySane813
3. Sparklefish123
4. Shandsgator8
5. LTJG Rob +1?
6. ice
7. thesaz123
8. Gears
9. TheSilentRebel +1-4
10. Nerfnoob10
11. LTJG Rob

12. LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!
13. One_long_shot
14. andtheherois +1
15. ACE
16. BluArrow (my dad haha)
17. dajstafarain

Probably:
1. Pivotguy

Not sure yet:
1. Koree
2. evilbunnyo
3. Sheperd

#304387 SuperRainbowPump

Posted by RedShot on 06 September 2011 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

Very nice looking! I might make one for a winter project!

#307811 Superior Missile Blaster

Posted by RedShot on 26 November 2011 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

I AM NOT RACIST, the gun is a little to black for me but other then that, very nice. I like the outcome of your gun! Pretty clean and pretty BA!

#319114 Stefan Questions

Posted by RedShot on 24 July 2012 - 04:49 PM in General Nerf

If I am not mistaken I do believe you mean 1/2" cpvc not 1/4". Typically in 1/2" cpvc, 1/2" foam backer rod will do the trick. If you truly mean 1/4" then please disregard.

As for the method of making the darts, there are multitudes of variants that should not be too difficult to find or produce.

#296310 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 20 March 2011 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

RECAP:

Ok so first of all I would like to say think you all for coming to the start of many TEPAW's for this summer and fall and even next yeah but not to get to ahead of myself. So here are the pros and cons that I encountered.

CONS: (get them out of the way)
- My lego 4b's handle broke but luckily I was able to have a temporary fix and it was later in the day
-- My temporary fix broke and I had to repair it again about 3-4 rounds after the first fix.
---------- A bunch of nerfers went able to come, Gears, princexbuster, flamincows, Ice, Dizzyduck, Talio, etc...
- Had alot of offers on a bunch of my stuff but I just couldent let it go...
- Didnt have the mobsticals done in time (sorry guys they will be ready for next war!)

-/+ my dad did ALOT better then I expected with my 3k

PROS: (yay the good stuff!)
+ Best attendance yet! I think peak was 19 people
+ Got to play a few new game types and different rules, good suggestions guys!
+ Lots of new faces and some that came back.
+ Made a bunch of new friends and met a bunch of people that are close to the war site!
+ My 4b worked beautifully (with my darts that is) until it broke but even after the fix it was great!
+ I still love my magstrike
+ Got free lunch (thanks to Koree!)
+ Sold a few things and bought a bunch of stuff!
+ Got an awesome custom mask (seriously it is sweet!)
+ My darts where awesome and put out some serious power!
+ Great war!

Alright guys I will try to have one next month and it looks as if the only good week would be the second to last or last week of the month since there are 5 Saturdays that month! But seriously guy thanks for coming out and hope many/all of you can come again, I loved nerfing with you guys and we will continue to have alot of fun!

#293184 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 21 January 2011 - 08:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright will do! So the official dated is the 19th.

#293234 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 22 January 2011 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright Ill edit the main post for people then :]

#292849 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I was considering coming, but if Gears is co-hosting, this is some sort of LGLF war.

Is that a problem? Why dont ya come down anyway :]

#293425 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 27 January 2011 - 06:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd say there's a decent chance that Gabe and I can make it. No promises that we'll have slugs though. Dom has all the clan's slug materials and I'm not gonna put in an order for any more. But if a twelve year old kid could take hits from slingshot darts shot from my 1500 with a 3k tank in it all day at Redshot's last war then I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it. Seriously, why is everyone using really high preforming blasters with under preforming darts?

Yeah you do have a good point! I think this war will be the testing war. If we do not think that dome stefans are that big of a deal then I would allow them for the next war because I like farther range :]

#296040 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 15 March 2011 - 06:43 AM in Nerf Wars

UPDATE POST!

Hey guys, I sent/am sending messages to as many people that I can to remind of TEPAW. For those that didnt get the message I am sorry, It just said that we are still going at this point and that the weather report said that there is a slight chance of rain on Saturday morning. We are going to play if it stays at that. The weather for the rest of the day is sunny and in the 60's which is perfect!

I am working on mobsticals and hopefully the parts will come in time!

Also anybody interested in a clan for those that are not in a clan, please let me know if you would like to make/join one with me. I want to get something started for those that dont have a clan and would like to.

Also Gears said he may not be able to come due to things popping up at school. :[

If you guys have any other questions then let me know!

Thanks and look forward to seeing you guys at the war!

#293471 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 27 January 2011 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

The reason we use slugs was explained like...two years ago. Plusbows shooting domed darts to the face from 15 feet away will probably change your opinion.

THIS IS AN UPDATE POST PLEASE READ ALL OF IT, THANK YOU.

I do know completely what you mean and I agree that it is going to hurt.

I am really still debating wether or not we leave this a testing war for darts. At this point I have it as slugs are optimal but I was leaning towards anything aloud (except douch darts with spikes and needles) so that if the single/double/slingshot weights are to heavy and hurt to much we can limit it for the next war.

Also on the cool side, it looks as if we are going to have a pretty decent turnout if the confirmed come and even half the maybes and there are the occational ones that just show up.

Like I said, try to show up (if possible) at around 9:45 ...AM... so that we can go over the few rules and start rolling at around 10-10:15. Once about 6 or more people show up we will probably start the first round.

#292931 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 16 January 2011 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so update on possible date for the war. I know that it has no votes in the poll but I havent seen anybody that cant make it on the 19th so I think that will be the best date. It gives enough time after grid war and I think it is enough time for some of the earlie April games. So that is what I am going to do. At this point that is when we could possibly have the most attendies (about 14 at this point). That is if all the maybe's and confirmed people go and I know that some wont make it and there will still be others that will come so yeah plan on the 19th at this point.

Sorry for all the date changes so I think this will be the final date (I hope).

#293080 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 18 January 2011 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, Look forward to your attendance and I will put you as a maybe.

#292790 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 07:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok I added a poll so we can try to pick a date that the most people can go. Please dont vote if you are not going or do not plan on going. Thanks!

#293015 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 17 January 2011 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright I hope you can come because I would like to get a sizable number here!

Well there is no official end time but ususally people are leaving by about 5 - 6 pm but I can play as late as people are still there! So anytime you have to leave but if I had a 'magic' number it would probably be 5

#294989 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 23 February 2011 - 07:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok guys it looks like we are going to have a pretty good ammount of people to nerf with at this war so it will be fun!

If any of you have any new game types or somthing different that what is already on the list and you would like to try it please let me know because I am looking for other game types to play. You can post the game type and description here or PM me or email it to me.

Thanks!

#294130 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 07 February 2011 - 10:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah that is what I am probably going to do also. I will put a bb in the back of the washer so yeah double washer is ok or bb in back of washer.

#296077 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 15 March 2011 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright sounds good!

#294169 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 08 February 2011 - 07:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok so at this point I would say that any dart can go but its about how you use it. We will be fine if people dont sneak up to each other and shoot them in the head from like 5 feet away. Just be careful and we should be fine. I am willing to get 'hurt' from a dart. Just deal with it even if it does sting for a little.

I will probably have both kind of darts considering at the grid code we are required to have slugs and I want to use some dome darts here so I will be playing with both and also I will play with stock/modded stock darts with my clip guns so feel free to do that too.

Thanks

#292963 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 16 January 2011 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow sorry for updating the main post wrong! I ment to put 19th not the 12th so yeah it is the 19TH!

#294331 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Thats alright, hope that maby you can make it to another one or somthing.

#292855 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 15 January 2011 - 09:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Shady maple is da BOMB!

Also if you guys are good with it, Gears made refrence to putting the date at the 12th because he said it is two weeks after grid code and two weeks before the HvZ game in Penn State.

So if you guys want to move it back to the origional date of the 12th maby we can because I saw a couple that cant come to one date and some that cant come to another and others said they can come whenever so just give me some feedback about it.

Please refer to my next post concerning the update about the date!

Thanks! :] Look forward to seeing a bunch of you there!

#294340 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

In light of Grid Code being an almost certain failure, I'm gonna start a thread for March Meltdown next week. If most people can make it the 19th I'm going to be stepping on your date. No hard feelings.

Alright I respect your decition. I mean the whole point is for people to have fun so wether they have fun at your war or at mine, I guess it doesnt matter. So yeah if possible do it another date but if not then go for it and have fun! Ill meet you some other time then.

#292838 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 14 January 2011 - 10:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright so gears has confirmed his attendance and we will try to work out more details as they come.

#293094 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 18 January 2011 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Definately come out and that means everybody! If you are worried that you dont have a good enough gun still come because I have about 4 backup/loaner primaries and I know other people have other guns to give out too! Same deal with darts, if ya dont think you can come because of darts just come anyway there are enough to spare :]

#292763 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 13 January 2011 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Yay 200th post and with that I would like to present to you TEPAW!!!

Hey spring is coming up and its time to war again! I invite you all to come out to TEPAW! I hope to make a major war every 1 and 1/2 to 2 months and more local wars (but anybody/everybody is still invited) bi-monthly.

If you dont have a NH account then contact me via email: buppy3030@yahoo.com

When and where?
- The date is MARCH 19TH
- Time: 10:00 - 5 or 6 However long we feel like it!
- Park: Chickies Park, Mount Joy, PA
Pictures of park here. The pavilion that we will use is the one on the left or center of some of the pictures, It is strait across from the parking lot.

Details/what to bring:
- Gears said he is going to try to co-host it with me.
- Try to arrive at about 9:30-9:45 for rules and junk
- We will try to start a round at 10:00
- Lunch: Please bring a bag lunch or money and some sort of transport to a local restaurant (subway, Chinese takeout, burgerking, sonic, etc)
- Bring your guns: bring any of them you want to sell or trade and obviously your guns you are going to use. I am completely open to buying, selling, or trading.
- Also bring mele weapons and swords for mele and just playing around during breaks.
- I would suggest bringing a sweatshirt at least because it can be cold still in march.

Rules:
1. Eye protection – Bring eye protection no matter how old you are, I don’t care just bring it!
2. Respect others/guns – Please do not be a douche and horse around. Just play nice and we will be fine. Also if you are using another person’s gun or even just trying it out, you must ask first and make sure the owner knows and is ok with what you are doing.
3. Respect the park – I do not want to have to pay for a fine for vandalism or littering so do try your best to not break anything and if you do let me know right away.
4. Dart sweeps – I would like everybody to participate in dart sweeps so that we can start the rounds faster and we will pick up more darts.
5. If you are under 13 please bring a gardian or parent (they can play too if they want we have some parents that play)

Gun Bans:
- The usuall: Singled plugged titans and junk like that.
- I will have a more detailed list once I talk to gears and we work talk about it
- Darts: Slugs are prefered but if you dont have slugs then that is ok for this war we will be a little lax but we will try to enforce slugs for later wars so please keep that in mind!

Game types:
- 3:15, 4:20, 5:0
- Classes
- Medic
- Freeze tag
- Juggernauts
- Anything else we can think of to play

Ok so who is with me? Btw my email is: buppy3030@yahoo.com for those who need it!

Definates:
- RedShot (duh) +1 or 2
- Gears
- Slightlysane813
- Michael
- ClownieX +2 or 3
- Muttonchops
- indiancobra3000 + 1
- ice
- Flamingcows
- Princexbuster
- The mod man
- Seven7h Man + a few?
- Awsomestuff0001 + 1 or 2
- emokid1767
- One_long_shot

Mabys:
- Koree
- Dizzuduck
- Talio
- Lionhawk
- Shandsgator8
- Nerf_monkey
- Langley
- evilbunnyo
- bpso86
- Vortex + 1 or 2
- union131
- LTJG Rob

UPDATE: Just as a little note, I am working on mobsticals for the war and there will be more cover for the war now.

#294349 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Honestly, it's up to the "people". I'm just saying that if we've got 15 guys that want to nerf that day in Jersey we're gonna go with it.

Alright sounds good :]

#293518 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 28 January 2011 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I know, I was just justifying my own use of dome darts. I swear to god I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. :)

On topic (ish): Gabe and I are going to try our damndest not to get too drunk to wake up early enough to make it there on time this time and actually get a little sleep the night before. Can't wait to see you guys again.

So what's the rundown on this Shady Maple property? I've got pretty high standards for buffet food.

Well.... Shady Maple is only THE BEST BUFFET EVER (well that ive gone too). The only thing is that it is probably about 5 hours from you guys but about 45 or so mins from me so like I said I will try to see if I can get there and maby meet some people there.

#293994 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by RedShot on 06 February 2011 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright union131 will do.

Also guys, I am working of 4 v shaped mobstikals or whatever they are called and they will be about 4 1/2 feet tall by about 8 feet wide and there is 4 of them. I just have to get the money and buy the stuff.

Also for the dart situation I think we will make it anything goes for this war but the next war we will have a decition as to what dart type if we need to.

One last thing. If you were thinking of coming but you were not sure, just come anyway because we are going to have a bunch of people and its fun with a nice size group. If your are unsure you want to come because you dont have a 'good' primary or dont have any darts or somthing, just show up or send me a pm because I know alot of people have extra guns and I have alot of stock darts so dont worry about it just send a PM or email.

Trust me, you will have fun!!!

#291800 Southern Piedmont Nc War

Posted by RedShot on 29 December 2010 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey dude I hate to burst your bubble but if I am not mistaken, this war already happened.... about 6 months ago...